Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Goat Eye Vial
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Silvanuyx

it's literally impossible for any existing dragon to get Goat, because the staff decided to exclude them from the potential pool in scattervials on top of not giving them a specific vial. It is completely and utterly unavailable to existing dragons
@Silvanuyx

it's literally impossible for any existing dragon to get Goat, because the staff decided to exclude them from the potential pool in scattervials on top of not giving them a specific vial. It is completely and utterly unavailable to existing dragons
sBdLZtA.png
[quote name="LaskaEira" date="2019-03-22 14:07:19" ] No support for adding goat eyes to eye vials or stopping the addition of natural eye types. I agree with the decision of staff to have something unique to a dragon that can't be purchased. As I said in another thread, old players have so much that new players will never have. I think it's time for the new players to get something too. ..... [/quote] First point, is that this benefits old users who breed just as much as new users who breed. So saying that this is "for the newbies" isn't really the case. Second point, people will haul a good profit on goat eyes for maybe a few weeks, months at most. After that they will be priced similarly to all other dragons. Some people can get their dragons to sell for a lot, but also, good looking primals can go for as low as 20kt. There's no real significant profit beyond the initial hype, unless you're looking at a dragon which already has something going for it, like a nice G1/lvl 25 etc.
LaskaEira wrote on 2019-03-22 14:07:19:
No support for adding goat eyes to eye vials or stopping the addition of natural eye types. I agree with the decision of staff to have something unique to a dragon that can't be purchased. As I said in another thread, old players have so much that new players will never have. I think it's time for the new players to get something too.

First point, is that this benefits old users who breed just as much as new users who breed. So saying that this is "for the newbies" isn't really the case.

Second point, people will haul a good profit on goat eyes for maybe a few weeks, months at most. After that they will be priced similarly to all other dragons. Some people can get their dragons to sell for a lot, but also, good looking primals can go for as low as 20kt. There's no real significant profit beyond the initial hype, unless you're looking at a dragon which already has something going for it, like a nice G1/lvl 25 etc.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
I miss being able to fully customize my dragons (short of g1 imps) so support, I wish I got to play around with the new eye types on my favs and it's just so disheartening
I miss being able to fully customize my dragons (short of g1 imps) so support, I wish I got to play around with the new eye types on my favs and it's just so disheartening
~She/her~
Don't be afraid to ping me
nature_small.png #UnnamedIsValid
Let them fight!
oh dear god please it's harder to stick goat eyes on a dragon than an imperial scroll and that's a problem.
oh dear god please it's harder to stick goat eyes on a dragon than an imperial scroll and that's a problem.
0GXPpFU.gif
I'd love to have vials so I can change the eyes of already existing dragons. I don't think the breeding aspect should be taken away, either. I just want the ability to change the eyes of dragons I already have if I so choose to, especially with being a genone collector. The odds of me finding a duplicate of one of my dragons with goat is near nil.
I'd love to have vials so I can change the eyes of already existing dragons. I don't think the breeding aspect should be taken away, either. I just want the ability to change the eyes of dragons I already have if I so choose to, especially with being a genone collector. The odds of me finding a duplicate of one of my dragons with goat is near nil.
> sasser
any pronouns
> accent shop
9TbvK.gifEwSCN.gif576zR.gif
[quote name="LaskaEira" date="2019-03-22 14:07:19" ] No support for adding goat eyes to eye vials or stopping the addition of natural eye types. I agree with the decision of staff to have something unique to a dragon that can't be purchased. As I said in another thread, old players have so much that new players will never have. I think it's time for the new players to get something too. Don't forget that the eye additions tie into canon lore. They came about because of BOTE, there was a set event in the timeline that caused eye types to diversify. All the eye vials were generated before the goat eye type appeared, so it makes sense canonically that their magic wouldn't be able to cause the goat eye change. In the future, I would support the addition of another scatter vial to randomize the newly added natural eye types. [/quote] What things do older players have that newer players can't? The only things come to mind are all KS related. With Roundsey, theoretically, any retired familiar and apparel can be brought back. Joxar I believe can give most festival skins, and who knows whether or not festival skins will be added to roundsey at some point. I can't really think of any single thing that an older player could get that newer players are locked out of. Will it be harder for newer players to get some things? of course, that is the nature of any site. Will it be more expensive? yes. Even special ID dragons and older dragons aren't the domain of 'older players' only. Newer players can buy any dragon that comes up on market providing they can afford it, and while being newer means they don't necessarily have the reserves to immediately afford them, they can buy gems or work to earn the treasure, just like older players who don't have the reserves to afford everything they want. Plus, the idea of this being for newer players is somewhat ludicrous to me because newer players won't have the resources to capitalize on the trend before the new eyes become more like all the other eye types. They won't have dedicated breeding pairs that can be enhanced by having a 'special eye type' and thus be able to be sold for more, they will only be able to breed for basic fodder dragons that have the special eyes. Which in a few weeks/months won't be worth much more than any other fodder. The thrill of hatching one? Nice, but not everyone wants goat eyes, or special eyes, or they want it on specific hatchlings and that hatchling didn't get them. I also don't really see how someone else being able to spend X gems (or repeatedly use a scatter vial with horrible odds) to get the gems on a beloved older dragon takes away from people's happiness at randomly hatching a dragon with the new eyes.
No support for adding goat eyes to eye vials or stopping the addition of natural eye types. I agree with the decision of staff to have something unique to a dragon that can't be purchased. As I said in another thread, old players have so much that new players will never have. I think it's time for the new players to get something too.

Don't forget that the eye additions tie into canon lore. They came about because of BOTE, there was a set event in the timeline that caused eye types to diversify. All the eye vials were generated before the goat eye type appeared, so it makes sense canonically that their magic wouldn't be able to cause the goat eye change.

In the future, I would support the addition of another scatter vial to randomize the newly added natural eye types.
What things do older players have that newer players can't?

The only things come to mind are all KS related.

With Roundsey, theoretically, any retired familiar and apparel can be brought back. Joxar I believe can give most festival skins, and who knows whether or not festival skins will be added to roundsey at some point.

I can't really think of any single thing that an older player could get that newer players are locked out of. Will it be harder for newer players to get some things? of course, that is the nature of any site. Will it be more expensive? yes.

Even special ID dragons and older dragons aren't the domain of 'older players' only. Newer players can buy any dragon that comes up on market providing they can afford it, and while being newer means they don't necessarily have the reserves to immediately afford them, they can buy gems or work to earn the treasure, just like older players who don't have the reserves to afford everything they want.

Plus, the idea of this being for newer players is somewhat ludicrous to me because newer players won't have the resources to capitalize on the trend before the new eyes become more like all the other eye types. They won't have dedicated breeding pairs that can be enhanced by having a 'special eye type' and thus be able to be sold for more, they will only be able to breed for basic fodder dragons that have the special eyes. Which in a few weeks/months won't be worth much more than any other fodder.

The thrill of hatching one? Nice, but not everyone wants goat eyes, or special eyes, or they want it on specific hatchlings and that hatchling didn't get them. I also don't really see how someone else being able to spend X gems (or repeatedly use a scatter vial with horrible odds) to get the gems on a beloved older dragon takes away from people's happiness at randomly hatching a dragon with the new eyes.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2019-03-22 15:29:02" ] [quote name="LaskaEira" date="2019-03-22 14:07:19" ] No support for adding goat eyes to eye vials or stopping the addition of natural eye types. I agree with the decision of staff to have something unique to a dragon that can't be purchased. As I said in another thread, old players have so much that new players will never have. I think it's time for the new players to get something too. Don't forget that the eye additions tie into canon lore. They came about because of BOTE, there was a set event in the timeline that caused eye types to diversify. All the eye vials were generated before the goat eye type appeared, so it makes sense canonically that their magic wouldn't be able to cause the goat eye change. In the future, I would support the addition of another scatter vial to randomize the newly added natural eye types. [/quote] What things do older players have that newer players can't? The only things come to mind are all KS related. With Roundsey, theoretically, any retired familiar and apparel can be brought back. Joxar I believe can give most festival skins, and who knows whether or not festival skins will be added to roundsey at some point. I can't really think of any single thing that an older player could get that newer players are locked out of. Will it be harder for newer players to get some things? of course, that is the nature of any site. Will it be more expensive? yes. Even special ID dragons and older dragons aren't the domain of 'older players' only. Newer players can buy any dragon that comes up on market providing they can afford it, and while being newer means they don't necessarily have the reserves to immediately afford them, they can buy gems or work to earn the treasure, just like older players who don't have the reserves to afford everything they want. Plus, the idea of this being for newer players is somewhat ludicrous to me because newer players won't have the resources to capitalize on the trend before the new eyes become more like all the other eye types. They won't have dedicated breeding pairs that can be enhanced by having a 'special eye type' and thus be able to be sold for more, they will only be able to breed for basic fodder dragons that have the special eyes. Which in a few weeks/months won't be worth much more than any other fodder. The thrill of hatching one? Nice, but not everyone wants goat eyes, or special eyes, or they want it on specific hatchlings and that hatchling didn't get them. I also don't really see how someone else being able to spend X gems (or repeatedly use a scatter vial with horrible odds) to get the gems on a beloved older dragon takes away from people's happiness at randomly hatching a dragon with the new eyes. [/quote] Also we can't really think about "new players" in the same way anymore. Open Reg means there are new players every single day. You make the site so that people visit and stay, so you have old players to support the fact that not all new players will stay.
Jemadar wrote on 2019-03-22 15:29:02:

Don't forget that the eye additions tie into canon lore. They came about because of BOTE, there was a set event in the timeline that caused eye types to diversify. All the eye vials were generated before the goat eye type appeared, so it makes sense canonically that their magic wouldn't be able to cause the goat eye change.

In the future, I would support the addition of another scatter vial to randomize the newly added natural eye types.
What things do older players have that newer players can't?

The only things come to mind are all KS related.

With Roundsey, theoretically, any retired familiar and apparel can be brought back. Joxar I believe can give most festival skins, and who knows whether or not festival skins will be added to roundsey at some point.

I can't really think of any single thing that an older player could get that newer players are locked out of. Will it be harder for newer players to get some things? of course, that is the nature of any site. Will it be more expensive? yes.

Even special ID dragons and older dragons aren't the domain of 'older players' only. Newer players can buy any dragon that comes up on market providing they can afford it, and while being newer means they don't necessarily have the reserves to immediately afford them, they can buy gems or work to earn the treasure, just like older players who don't have the reserves to afford everything they want.

Plus, the idea of this being for newer players is somewhat ludicrous to me because newer players won't have the resources to capitalize on the trend before the new eyes become more like all the other eye types. They won't have dedicated breeding pairs that can be enhanced by having a 'special eye type' and thus be able to be sold for more, they will only be able to breed for basic fodder dragons that have the special eyes. Which in a few weeks/months won't be worth much more than any other fodder.

The thrill of hatching one? Nice, but not everyone wants goat eyes, or special eyes, or they want it on specific hatchlings and that hatchling didn't get them. I also don't really see how someone else being able to spend X gems (or repeatedly use a scatter vial with horrible odds) to get the gems on a beloved older dragon takes away from people's happiness at randomly hatching a dragon with the new eyes.

Also we can't really think about "new players" in the same way anymore. Open Reg means there are new players every single day. You make the site so that people visit and stay, so you have old players to support the fact that not all new players will stay.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
[quote name="Dromaeosaur" date="2019-03-22 14:02:38" ] The thing is you can have all the benefits of random natural eye types even if the things have vials. You hatch a dragon with goat eyes despite their being a vial? Awesome! You got a rare eye type for free! You're able to buy the vial, but it's still a fun surprise. Vials wouldn't necessarily ruin the appeal of random eye types. [/quote] Oh yeah, I totally agree with this. And for the record (since I didn't make it clear) I'm not actually [i]opposed[/i] to adding vials. I just could take them or leave them personally. Staff on the other hand, very clearly are opposed, and have stated as such. They want eye types to be only available from breeding, and that's their entire intent with the update. So much so that scattervials were a last minute afterthought. And we as players can debate up and down on if that's a good idea or not, but because adding vials is so completely opposed to staff's apparent vision I don't think we should hold our breath. It's probably a better use of time to look for some intermediate compromise.
Dromaeosaur wrote on 2019-03-22 14:02:38:
The thing is you can have all the benefits of random natural eye types even if the things have vials. You hatch a dragon with goat eyes despite their being a vial? Awesome! You got a rare eye type for free! You're able to buy the vial, but it's still a fun surprise. Vials wouldn't necessarily ruin the appeal of random eye types.
Oh yeah, I totally agree with this. And for the record (since I didn't make it clear) I'm not actually opposed to adding vials. I just could take them or leave them personally. Staff on the other hand, very clearly are opposed, and have stated as such. They want eye types to be only available from breeding, and that's their entire intent with the update. So much so that scattervials were a last minute afterthought. And we as players can debate up and down on if that's a good idea or not, but because adding vials is so completely opposed to staff's apparent vision I don't think we should hold our breath. It's probably a better use of time to look for some intermediate compromise.
Wua5ROf.png
[quote name="Hawkfeather" date="2019-03-22 15:43:01" ] [quote name="Dromaeosaur" date="2019-03-22 14:02:38" ] The thing is you can have all the benefits of random natural eye types even if the things have vials. You hatch a dragon with goat eyes despite their being a vial? Awesome! You got a rare eye type for free! You're able to buy the vial, but it's still a fun surprise. Vials wouldn't necessarily ruin the appeal of random eye types. [/quote] Oh yeah, I totally agree with this. And for the record (since I didn't make it clear) I'm not actually [i]opposed[/i] to adding vials. I just could take them or leave them personally. Staff on the other hand, very clearly are opposed, and have stated as such. They want eye types to be only available from breeding, and that's their entire intent with the update. So much so that scattervials were a last minute afterthought. And we as players can debate up and down on if that's a good idea or not, but because adding vials is so completely opposed to staff's apparent vision I don't think we should hold our breath. It's probably a better use of time to look for some intermediate compromise. [/quote] I wouldn't be opposed to compromises, as long as I could get the eye types I want on the dragons I want. IE, I am willing to put up with horrible odds if we get scattervials back. I am willing to only have scattervials available for three days each year. I am willing to have to brew very expensive vials to get specific natural eye types. I am willing to only have a limited time each year to brew each vial. There have also been compromises suggested, such as having the vials return for the anniversary each year, so it is a limited time deal, but still have them return. Multiple individual eye vials have also been suggested. Unfortunately it is looking more and more like there won't be a compromise and that natural eye types will remain breeding only and forget about the millions of dragons that came before each natural eye variant was added.
Hawkfeather wrote on 2019-03-22 15:43:01:
Dromaeosaur wrote on 2019-03-22 14:02:38:
The thing is you can have all the benefits of random natural eye types even if the things have vials. You hatch a dragon with goat eyes despite their being a vial? Awesome! You got a rare eye type for free! You're able to buy the vial, but it's still a fun surprise. Vials wouldn't necessarily ruin the appeal of random eye types.
Oh yeah, I totally agree with this. And for the record (since I didn't make it clear) I'm not actually opposed to adding vials. I just could take them or leave them personally. Staff on the other hand, very clearly are opposed, and have stated as such. They want eye types to be only available from breeding, and that's their entire intent with the update. So much so that scattervials were a last minute afterthought. And we as players can debate up and down on if that's a good idea or not, but because adding vials is so completely opposed to staff's apparent vision I don't think we should hold our breath. It's probably a better use of time to look for some intermediate compromise.
I wouldn't be opposed to compromises, as long as I could get the eye types I want on the dragons I want.

IE, I am willing to put up with horrible odds if we get scattervials back.

I am willing to only have scattervials available for three days each year.

I am willing to have to brew very expensive vials to get specific natural eye types.

I am willing to only have a limited time each year to brew each vial.

There have also been compromises suggested, such as having the vials return for the anniversary each year, so it is a limited time deal, but still have them return. Multiple individual eye vials have also been suggested.

Unfortunately it is looking more and more like there won't be a compromise and that natural eye types will remain breeding only and forget about the millions of dragons that came before each natural eye variant was added.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Total support. Not making them into a vial in the first place was a mistake.
Total support. Not making them into a vial in the first place was a mistake.
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10