Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Goat Eye Vial
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Support; either a vial of its own or included in scattersights.

I personally think it's unfair to players who have old dragons (especially g1s!) and want this eye type. :/ There's literally no way for you to get it unless you get stupid lucky and hatch a replacement for that dragon with goat eyes.
Support; either a vial of its own or included in scattersights.

I personally think it's unfair to players who have old dragons (especially g1s!) and want this eye type. :/ There's literally no way for you to get it unless you get stupid lucky and hatch a replacement for that dragon with goat eyes.

I am trapped as the strong wind flies
And when the stars won't shine for us
Then what’s to gain?
_ qIoInxi.png
[quote name="Midorikage" date="2019-03-22 11:48:16" ] Am I sad I can't add the goat eyes to some of my existing dragons? Yes (goat pupils are between my faves) Am I going to make a fuss over it? No, because it's not worth it Not everything can be bought, and it's right for it to stay that way You can already customize 90% of your dragon anyway Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say you should replace older dragons, just... if they were already perfect, and have sentimental value, they are still going to, even without a new fancy eye-type [/quote] The only thing you couldn't do with a dragon before eye types was change it's sex, element, and change them into an Imp. Why suddenly, five years later, we get a new customizable part of the dragon which we can only partially change? It's unfair that the 50 million dragons before this update cannot get certain eyes, thousands of beloved dragons that can be even better with them but no access. It may not be the biggest deal, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't call out how unfair and bad an impletation it is.
Midorikage wrote on 2019-03-22 11:48:16:

Am I sad I can't add the goat eyes to some of my existing dragons? Yes (goat pupils are between my faves)
Am I going to make a fuss over it? No, because it's not worth it
Not everything can be bought, and it's right for it to stay that way

You can already customize 90% of your dragon anyway

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say you should replace older dragons, just... if they were already perfect, and have sentimental value, they are still going to, even without a new fancy eye-type

The only thing you couldn't do with a dragon before eye types was change it's sex, element, and change them into an Imp. Why suddenly, five years later, we get a new customizable part of the dragon which we can only partially change?
It's unfair that the 50 million dragons before this update cannot get certain eyes, thousands of beloved dragons that can be even better with them but no access. It may not be the biggest deal, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't call out how unfair and bad an impletation it is.
egg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gifdeity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gifegg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gif
To me, a big "well what about..." thing is progens.

Do progens have a chance of getting non-common natural eyes? If not, that's a big ol' f&$# you to anyone wanting to gene up their progens and wanting something like goat or primal (I know scattervials exist, but the cost of them and rarity of primal in them means that it's pretty much impossible) on them.

I don't care how expensive they are. Make primal and multi the cost of a primary gem gene, make faceted and any other high level rarity the cost of a secondary gem gene, and make the uncommon-rare the cost of treasure genes.

But I don't want my old dragons feeling constantly imperfect because I can't actually make them perfect. :/
To me, a big "well what about..." thing is progens.

Do progens have a chance of getting non-common natural eyes? If not, that's a big ol' f&$# you to anyone wanting to gene up their progens and wanting something like goat or primal (I know scattervials exist, but the cost of them and rarity of primal in them means that it's pretty much impossible) on them.

I don't care how expensive they are. Make primal and multi the cost of a primary gem gene, make faceted and any other high level rarity the cost of a secondary gem gene, and make the uncommon-rare the cost of treasure genes.

But I don't want my old dragons feeling constantly imperfect because I can't actually make them perfect. :/
Support, I really like the goat eyes and the fact that they are only "naturally occuring" is really offputting.

I'm all for have eye types randomized in the breeding pool, but this is starting to get out of hand.
I thought the breeding pool would only have the "colors" of eyes and primal eyes in it (multigaze was a weird one to include tbh).

And the fact that literally hundreds of thousands of dragons are locked out of every single new "bred only" eye type that gets introduced seems, um, goofy and counterproductive to keeping a lot of older players satisfied with the eye mechanic.
Support, I really like the goat eyes and the fact that they are only "naturally occuring" is really offputting.

I'm all for have eye types randomized in the breeding pool, but this is starting to get out of hand.
I thought the breeding pool would only have the "colors" of eyes and primal eyes in it (multigaze was a weird one to include tbh).

And the fact that literally hundreds of thousands of dragons are locked out of every single new "bred only" eye type that gets introduced seems, um, goofy and counterproductive to keeping a lot of older players satisfied with the eye mechanic.
vQBibnc.png
xypY4d5.png
TVHy8Pj.png
WmdW2o4.png2-Krondar-542341.pngc6d5AbQ.png
Ut9RRot.png
k3PfQGk.png
Sj6j121.png
fg6G1CJ.png
[quote name="Hawkfeather" date="2019-03-22 13:07:25" ] Honestly, I don't really have a fix. I think there's something to be said for eyes that are unique to new dragons, and I do like it. But I do understand the dislike, and I feel there has to be some sort of compromise. Maybe similar but not exact versions that can be bought as vials? Or there was a suggestion ages ago about a transfer mechanism to move 'excess magic' from one dragon to another, thereby swapping their eye types. I don't know. I think I'm rambling at this point anyway. Basically I don't think either side is in the wrong, and I think staff should be looking for something that would allow players a little more customization on their old dragons while still keeping the benefits of random new eyes. [/quote] The thing is you can have all the benefits of random natural eye types even if the things have vials. You hatch a dragon with goat eyes despite their being a vial? Awesome! You got a rare eye type for free! You're able to buy the vial, but it's still a fun surprise. Vials wouldn't necessarily ruin the appeal of random eye types. I don't support similar eye types that are knock offs of natural eye types, because it comes to the point of "if they're so similar why couldn't we just have had a vial for the original thing?"
Hawkfeather wrote on 2019-03-22 13:07:25:
Honestly, I don't really have a fix. I think there's something to be said for eyes that are unique to new dragons, and I do like it. But I do understand the dislike, and I feel there has to be some sort of compromise. Maybe similar but not exact versions that can be bought as vials? Or there was a suggestion ages ago about a transfer mechanism to move 'excess magic' from one dragon to another, thereby swapping their eye types. I don't know. I think I'm rambling at this point anyway. Basically I don't think either side is in the wrong, and I think staff should be looking for something that would allow players a little more customization on their old dragons while still keeping the benefits of random new eyes.

The thing is you can have all the benefits of random natural eye types even if the things have vials. You hatch a dragon with goat eyes despite their being a vial? Awesome! You got a rare eye type for free! You're able to buy the vial, but it's still a fun surprise. Vials wouldn't necessarily ruin the appeal of random eye types.

I don't support similar eye types that are knock offs of natural eye types, because it comes to the point of "if they're so similar why couldn't we just have had a vial for the original thing?"
egg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gifdeity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gifegg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gif
No support for adding goat eyes to eye vials or stopping the addition of natural eye types. I agree with the decision of staff to have something unique to a dragon that can't be purchased. As I said in another thread, old players have so much that new players will never have. I think it's time for the new players to get something too.

Don't forget that the eye additions tie into canon lore. They came about because of BOTE, there was a set event in the timeline that caused eye types to diversify. All the eye vials were generated before the goat eye type appeared, so it makes sense canonically that their magic wouldn't be able to cause the goat eye change.

In the future, I would support the addition of another scatter vial to randomize the newly added natural eye types.
No support for adding goat eyes to eye vials or stopping the addition of natural eye types. I agree with the decision of staff to have something unique to a dragon that can't be purchased. As I said in another thread, old players have so much that new players will never have. I think it's time for the new players to get something too.

Don't forget that the eye additions tie into canon lore. They came about because of BOTE, there was a set event in the timeline that caused eye types to diversify. All the eye vials were generated before the goat eye type appeared, so it makes sense canonically that their magic wouldn't be able to cause the goat eye change.

In the future, I would support the addition of another scatter vial to randomize the newly added natural eye types.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
[quote name="LaskaEira" date="2019-03-22 14:07:19" ] No support for adding goat eyes to eye vials or stopping the addition of natural eye types. I agree with the decision of staff to have something unique to a dragon that can't be purchased. As I said in another thread, old players have so much that new players will never have. I think it's time for the new players to get something too. Don't forget that the eye additions tie into canon lore. They came about because of BOTE, there was a set event in the timeline that caused eye types to diversify. All the eye vials were generated before the goat eye type appeared, so it makes sense canonically that their magic wouldn't be able to cause the goat eye change. In the future, I would support the addition of another scatter vial to randomize the newly added natural eye types. [/quote] New players have the same problem of not being able to give eye types to certain dragons. Want goat eyes for your progen? Can't happen. Want goat eyes for any dragon you purchased that don't have them? Out of luck. The only way natural eye types help new players is that they don't /have/ to buy something to get a certain eye type, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it should be /impossible/ for players to put that eye type on dragons. It accomplishes the same thing whether or not vials exist, and having no vials just causes problems. If scattersights exist, I don't see why it's improbable in canon for dragons to have an item that gave them more specific natural eye types. I don't necessarily care if we get a specific goat vial or a vial that has the chances to give one of multiple of the natural eye types, in the end they achieve the same thing: giving an old dragon an eye type that at the moment is impossible for them to have.
LaskaEira wrote on 2019-03-22 14:07:19:

New players have the same problem of not being able to give eye types to certain dragons. Want goat eyes for your progen? Can't happen. Want goat eyes for any dragon you purchased that don't have them? Out of luck.
The only way natural eye types help new players is that they don't /have/ to buy something to get a certain eye type, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it should be /impossible/ for players to put that eye type on dragons. It accomplishes the same thing whether or not vials exist, and having no vials just causes problems.

If scattersights exist, I don't see why it's improbable in canon for dragons to have an item that gave them more specific natural eye types. I don't necessarily care if we get a specific goat vial or a vial that has the chances to give one of multiple of the natural eye types, in the end they achieve the same thing: giving an old dragon an eye type that at the moment is impossible for them to have.
I honestly like having eyes that you get mainly through breeding, but I don't like there being absolutely no way to add them to older dragons. What I'd personally like is that they bring the scattervials back and have that be the way to get any "natural" eye types [quote name="Jemadar" date="2019-03-22 07:55:17" ] I support this,[b] or adding all new eye types to the scattervial and bringing said scatter vial back.[/b] [/quote] Like, why did they retire scattervials? Please bring them back :(
I honestly like having eyes that you get mainly through breeding, but I don't like there being absolutely no way to add them to older dragons.

What I'd personally like is that they bring the scattervials back and have that be the way to get any "natural" eye types
Jemadar wrote on 2019-03-22 07:55:17:
I support this, or adding all new eye types to the scattervial and bringing said scatter vial back.

Like, why did they retire scattervials? Please bring them back :(
hatcherysig_by_darthyoda42-dclux4n.png
I don't know why we couldn't have a random change of getting natural eye types and vials. To me, that would make them even more attractive to breed for. I'm willing to gamble if I know that, if I get sick of gambling, I can go out and buy the thing I was gambling for. It's going to be way more expensive, but I'll do it.

I'm not a gambler. I don't find it fun and I don't appreciate being forced to do that with anything other than gender for my dragons. Especially since it doesn't even affect breeding and is purely aesthetic.
I don't know why we couldn't have a random change of getting natural eye types and vials. To me, that would make them even more attractive to breed for. I'm willing to gamble if I know that, if I get sick of gambling, I can go out and buy the thing I was gambling for. It's going to be way more expensive, but I'll do it.

I'm not a gambler. I don't find it fun and I don't appreciate being forced to do that with anything other than gender for my dragons. Especially since it doesn't even affect breeding and is purely aesthetic.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
every eye type should have a vial

the slapdash and sorry excuse for a 'solution' called scattervials isn't acceptable especially having been retired after only three days of existence
every eye type should have a vial

the slapdash and sorry excuse for a 'solution' called scattervials isn't acceptable especially having been retired after only three days of existence
sBdLZtA.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10