Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 111 112
Thank you staff, I was kinda almost sort of beginning to accept the fact that I wasn't able to customize my old dragons with these cool new eye types but then you went and gave us Goat. I'm glad it looks like nothing on adult dragons at least, I don't like permababies since I can't dress them up.

I admit, I've kinda liked having an excuse to use scatterscrolls finally. I love my two new special-eyed G1s a lot. But it still stings I can't ever have those cool new eyes on my old dragons, and this new update just brought that frustration back full force.
Thank you staff, I was kinda almost sort of beginning to accept the fact that I wasn't able to customize my old dragons with these cool new eye types but then you went and gave us Goat. I'm glad it looks like nothing on adult dragons at least, I don't like permababies since I can't dress them up.

I admit, I've kinda liked having an excuse to use scatterscrolls finally. I love my two new special-eyed G1s a lot. But it still stings I can't ever have those cool new eyes on my old dragons, and this new update just brought that frustration back full force.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
7G6xGb.png
As posts have already been removed: If you want to discuss game-play mechanisms or specific eye types, that's the purpose of this forum. However, per our existing policies, targeted commentary or feedback that's largely about employees/the team will be removed. This also includes any post quoting those comments.
As posts have already been removed: If you want to discuss game-play mechanisms or specific eye types, that's the purpose of this forum. However, per our existing policies, targeted commentary or feedback that's largely about employees/the team will be removed. This also includes any post quoting those comments.
Support. Literally anything would be better than the current system.
Support. Literally anything would be better than the current system.
Support. The current system still makes me angry!
Support. The current system still makes me angry!
dT9HQge.png
tqGkHih.png
k7mTvIf.png
8GgdVkW.png
tVqnDgA.png
D4LsHyx.png
Please add goat eyes to the scattersight pool! A lot of perma dragons are irreplacable - G1s, lore dragons, first nest hatches, etc. And the eye types should be available to them as well.
Please add goat eyes to the scattersight pool! A lot of perma dragons are irreplacable - G1s, lore dragons, first nest hatches, etc. And the eye types should be available to them as well.
sYUjWuT.png3oK9yVt.png37yDNJ7.pngY9UJi8K.png
-rubs forehead- Okay. Let me try to rephrase what @Ridara and I were referring to in order to make it meet ToS.

While lore is not necessarily part of the game that the staff works on outside of a few of their own pieces posted in the Encyclopedia, lore is obviously a large part of gameplay for many community members. The fact that Dragons have a Bio textbox beneath them is proof that the Staff supports the idea of people being able to write their own lore and personalities for their dragons. This is further supported by the Dragon Share Theme Weeks.

Lore is an expression of emotional attachment to our dragons. This is essentially a pet-site and it's only natural that some people become very fond of their clan. While the fact that dragons are supposed to be very plentiful is fair enough and very useful for many, it is unreasonable to expect that this wouldn't be a factor in our desires for FR as a whole.

Gating off eye-types in any way eliminates our ability to customize dragons that we already have, which is antithetical to the original mission that FR billed, where gender (or just pose) and Element were the only two things we couldn't change about our dragons (barring Imp scrolls). We feel that this is unfair because even though dragons are plentiful, that doesn't mean that our dragons are easily replaceable. People with special hatch-dates, lore heavy dragons, or Gen1s are effectively unable to partake in a fun and well-liked mechanic.

In my personal belief, as well as many, many, many others, eye-types should each have a vial much like each gene has a scroll.
-rubs forehead- Okay. Let me try to rephrase what @Ridara and I were referring to in order to make it meet ToS.

While lore is not necessarily part of the game that the staff works on outside of a few of their own pieces posted in the Encyclopedia, lore is obviously a large part of gameplay for many community members. The fact that Dragons have a Bio textbox beneath them is proof that the Staff supports the idea of people being able to write their own lore and personalities for their dragons. This is further supported by the Dragon Share Theme Weeks.

Lore is an expression of emotional attachment to our dragons. This is essentially a pet-site and it's only natural that some people become very fond of their clan. While the fact that dragons are supposed to be very plentiful is fair enough and very useful for many, it is unreasonable to expect that this wouldn't be a factor in our desires for FR as a whole.

Gating off eye-types in any way eliminates our ability to customize dragons that we already have, which is antithetical to the original mission that FR billed, where gender (or just pose) and Element were the only two things we couldn't change about our dragons (barring Imp scrolls). We feel that this is unfair because even though dragons are plentiful, that doesn't mean that our dragons are easily replaceable. People with special hatch-dates, lore heavy dragons, or Gen1s are effectively unable to partake in a fun and well-liked mechanic.

In my personal belief, as well as many, many, many others, eye-types should each have a vial much like each gene has a scroll.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
Thank you, McAlli. To clarify, I was speculating on what sort of game the devs intended to make. I did not intend for anyone's feelings to get hurt.
Thank you, McAlli. To clarify, I was speculating on what sort of game the devs intended to make. I did not intend for anyone's feelings to get hurt.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
I was afraid that we would get new natural eye types (fortunately, I never liked goat eyes, so am not missing out on this...) but was hoping they wouldn't.

At this point, I am very disappointed and upset because it means that we can get future updates that will be impossible for older dragons to get.

I like random breedings. One of my favorite dragons is the result of a random pairing and he came out the perfect water baby (Kynin, the male guardian). Since he was born before the color wheel expansion and his parents had a fairly large range since then (none of his siblings looked anything like him), it would be practically impossible to 'rebreed' him to get the right eye type if I wanted a natural eye type for him.

Plus, he would no longer be special. He is special because he is one of the first dragons I bred, he wasn't planned out to be those colors, I gave him genes I felt fit his personality and what I wanted him to be, and he was about as random as I could get at the time. Breeding specifically for a dragon with his colors and genes would get me a clone, sure, but the meaning behind why Kynin is special wouldn't be there.

This is the same for pretty much any 'special' dragon in my lair. The reasons why they are special aren't because of their colors or genes, as those would be fairly easy to replicate given time, but rather the meaning behind them. Some were gifts when I first joined, some were the first dragons I trained to level 25, some were the first dragons I chose to buy when I joined, two of them are my progens.

replacing these dragons would mean that they would no longer be 'special' because they wouldn't be the same dragons I was given, or the same dragons I chose to buy. They would simply be clones.

So, future eye updates that will leave these special dragons out mean that I will have more and more eyes, eyes that might be perfect for my dragons, that I will never be able to utilize because I only breed fodder. I don't want to have to try to replace my existing dragons, nor do I want to get rid of them, or keep them in the hibernal den.
I was afraid that we would get new natural eye types (fortunately, I never liked goat eyes, so am not missing out on this...) but was hoping they wouldn't.

At this point, I am very disappointed and upset because it means that we can get future updates that will be impossible for older dragons to get.

I like random breedings. One of my favorite dragons is the result of a random pairing and he came out the perfect water baby (Kynin, the male guardian). Since he was born before the color wheel expansion and his parents had a fairly large range since then (none of his siblings looked anything like him), it would be practically impossible to 'rebreed' him to get the right eye type if I wanted a natural eye type for him.

Plus, he would no longer be special. He is special because he is one of the first dragons I bred, he wasn't planned out to be those colors, I gave him genes I felt fit his personality and what I wanted him to be, and he was about as random as I could get at the time. Breeding specifically for a dragon with his colors and genes would get me a clone, sure, but the meaning behind why Kynin is special wouldn't be there.

This is the same for pretty much any 'special' dragon in my lair. The reasons why they are special aren't because of their colors or genes, as those would be fairly easy to replicate given time, but rather the meaning behind them. Some were gifts when I first joined, some were the first dragons I trained to level 25, some were the first dragons I chose to buy when I joined, two of them are my progens.

replacing these dragons would mean that they would no longer be 'special' because they wouldn't be the same dragons I was given, or the same dragons I chose to buy. They would simply be clones.

So, future eye updates that will leave these special dragons out mean that I will have more and more eyes, eyes that might be perfect for my dragons, that I will never be able to utilize because I only breed fodder. I don't want to have to try to replace my existing dragons, nor do I want to get rid of them, or keep them in the hibernal den.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I was excited about Goat until I saw it was natural and not even in the Scattervial pool. And we don't know the chances for Goat yet, so if I wanted a specific dragon with it... I might be breeding for months. Years even if I want a rare color combo/there's a low chance for Goat/both.

Plus, if this keeps up, Scattervials themselves would be pointless (untweaked) since it's not all of the natural eye types on top of existing weird RNG. We'd have to have the individual vials at that point.

With this, I'm restating my support. I just feel like the eye system needs to be a little more fair towards getting any dragon, not just existing ones, the way you want it without way too much of a hassle.

EDIT: Undel's follow-up post in the update thread implies Goat is more common than Faceted/Multi-Gaze/Primal, so that's slightly less of a concern... but now I'm worried about any upcoming natural eyes of similar rarity to those three.
I was excited about Goat until I saw it was natural and not even in the Scattervial pool. And we don't know the chances for Goat yet, so if I wanted a specific dragon with it... I might be breeding for months. Years even if I want a rare color combo/there's a low chance for Goat/both.

Plus, if this keeps up, Scattervials themselves would be pointless (untweaked) since it's not all of the natural eye types on top of existing weird RNG. We'd have to have the individual vials at that point.

With this, I'm restating my support. I just feel like the eye system needs to be a little more fair towards getting any dragon, not just existing ones, the way you want it without way too much of a hassle.

EDIT: Undel's follow-up post in the update thread implies Goat is more common than Faceted/Multi-Gaze/Primal, so that's slightly less of a concern... but now I'm worried about any upcoming natural eyes of similar rarity to those three.
jzvbXGV.pngsignatureletsmakesomescience_by_starryspelunker-da15fz6.pngeqUNHue.png
I am very disappointed that we have a new natural eye type. It confirms my fears--that we could spend -years- trying to rebreed for the perfect eyes on our existing dragons, only to have something better come along thus being forced to rebreed with terrible odds all over again. Furthermore, for every new natural eye type, the odds of getting any one specific type get reduced as the pool is further diluted. Does goat even appear in the remaining scattervials? If not, that's yet another problem.

All eyes should have vials. The scattervials should cycle. And we should have legacy eyes.
I am very disappointed that we have a new natural eye type. It confirms my fears--that we could spend -years- trying to rebreed for the perfect eyes on our existing dragons, only to have something better come along thus being forced to rebreed with terrible odds all over again. Furthermore, for every new natural eye type, the odds of getting any one specific type get reduced as the pool is further diluted. Does goat even appear in the remaining scattervials? If not, that's yet another problem.

All eyes should have vials. The scattervials should cycle. And we should have legacy eyes.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 111 112