Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes
1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 111 112
Going to just pop in and voice my support for this once again after the new update.
I am super glad that swirly eyes have vials! Goat eyes dissapointed me in that they have no vials. Adding them as a gem shop item or swipp trade, while having them be natural would be exceptionally nice.
Going to just pop in and voice my support for this once again after the new update.
I am super glad that swirly eyes have vials! Goat eyes dissapointed me in that they have no vials. Adding them as a gem shop item or swipp trade, while having them be natural would be exceptionally nice.
g8j0L9a.png My Timezone: FR+9
Accent Shop
1qSQ4Z1.gif | | Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! | |
I must admit, I'm quite relieved to see our Lord and Master Aequorin post here (even though it's not necessarily contributing to the cause) but it's a sign that the Staff is at least reading this, so that's something.

But other than that, I firstly have to thank everyone who has supported this cause and idea, and tagged along the way, this thread would not have been the same without you, thank you so much ♥

Now, what I have to add is that, once again, it looks like not much was learned from the Eyepocalypse of 2018 and it causing a major backslash and making dedicated old players leave. If that's not a sign, then I don't know what is. Players were visibly dissatisfied with the poor implementation of eye types, the short duration of the event that excluded many many players, the introduction of a consumable, extremely limited and completely RNG-based item with skewed odds. Many of us who are oldies and have been on this site for years (despite the fact that I have to redo my lair), us who are G1 collectors or old dragon collectors, or simply don't breed our dragons and have achieved our goals a long long time ago - we were all excluded.

The implementation of Goat shows that future "natural" eye types have the chance to be added as another breeding-only feature (or even something more controversial) which will exclude all existing dragons. This update, unlike the Anniversary, COMPLETELY excludes ALL existing dragons. All of them. No matter how badly balanced Scattervials are (or were.....), they at least gave us some minuscule chances of our dragons getting the eye type they deserve. This time around? We can't do that. Goat is not an eye type that will be seen on any already existing dragon at this rate, and that is something that's extremely unfair towards dedicated players.

I am in no way asking for Goat to be added to the Scattervial because the odds of getting something good are already small, I really don't think we need another eye type that's once again only available to existing dragons through a limited item.

Is this supposed to be a tactic to keep newbies interested? It might work for a few months and then the prices will plummet, just like it happened in July of last year. I am really not fond of the fact that it's not being grasped that we have dragons we would not ever part with. Many of us have dragons who are of sentimental value or we physically cannot replace them, but this update shows us that dragons are considered something easily replaceable, as if they're items. "New dragons with cool eyes are in, old dragons are out! Keep up with the times!!"
For many of us, it is really not like that, we care about our dragons, despite the fact that they're just a product of code and hard work from artists, but to us, they're more. They are characters, they are people, now please treat us like people too :^(
I must admit, I'm quite relieved to see our Lord and Master Aequorin post here (even though it's not necessarily contributing to the cause) but it's a sign that the Staff is at least reading this, so that's something.

But other than that, I firstly have to thank everyone who has supported this cause and idea, and tagged along the way, this thread would not have been the same without you, thank you so much ♥

Now, what I have to add is that, once again, it looks like not much was learned from the Eyepocalypse of 2018 and it causing a major backslash and making dedicated old players leave. If that's not a sign, then I don't know what is. Players were visibly dissatisfied with the poor implementation of eye types, the short duration of the event that excluded many many players, the introduction of a consumable, extremely limited and completely RNG-based item with skewed odds. Many of us who are oldies and have been on this site for years (despite the fact that I have to redo my lair), us who are G1 collectors or old dragon collectors, or simply don't breed our dragons and have achieved our goals a long long time ago - we were all excluded.

The implementation of Goat shows that future "natural" eye types have the chance to be added as another breeding-only feature (or even something more controversial) which will exclude all existing dragons. This update, unlike the Anniversary, COMPLETELY excludes ALL existing dragons. All of them. No matter how badly balanced Scattervials are (or were.....), they at least gave us some minuscule chances of our dragons getting the eye type they deserve. This time around? We can't do that. Goat is not an eye type that will be seen on any already existing dragon at this rate, and that is something that's extremely unfair towards dedicated players.

I am in no way asking for Goat to be added to the Scattervial because the odds of getting something good are already small, I really don't think we need another eye type that's once again only available to existing dragons through a limited item.

Is this supposed to be a tactic to keep newbies interested? It might work for a few months and then the prices will plummet, just like it happened in July of last year. I am really not fond of the fact that it's not being grasped that we have dragons we would not ever part with. Many of us have dragons who are of sentimental value or we physically cannot replace them, but this update shows us that dragons are considered something easily replaceable, as if they're items. "New dragons with cool eyes are in, old dragons are out! Keep up with the times!!"
For many of us, it is really not like that, we care about our dragons, despite the fact that they're just a product of code and hard work from artists, but to us, they're more. They are characters, they are people, now please treat us like people too :^(
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2019-03-22 07:54:37" ] I am very disappointed that we have a new natural eye type. It confirms my fears--that we could spend -years- trying to rebreed for the perfect eyes on our existing dragons, only to have something better come along thus being forced to rebreed with terrible odds all over again. Furthermore, for every new natural eye type, the odds of getting any one specific type get reduced as the pool is further diluted. Does goat even appear in the remaining scattervials? If not, that's yet another problem. All eyes should have vials. The scattervials should cycle. And we should have legacy eyes. [/quote] Undel I believe confirmed that, no, goat doesn't appear in the scattervial. It is a breeding [b]only[/b] eye type. :/
gemajgall wrote on 2019-03-22 07:54:37:
I am very disappointed that we have a new natural eye type. It confirms my fears--that we could spend -years- trying to rebreed for the perfect eyes on our existing dragons, only to have something better come along thus being forced to rebreed with terrible odds all over again. Furthermore, for every new natural eye type, the odds of getting any one specific type get reduced as the pool is further diluted. Does goat even appear in the remaining scattervials? If not, that's yet another problem.

All eyes should have vials. The scattervials should cycle. And we should have legacy eyes.
Undel I believe confirmed that, no, goat doesn't appear in the scattervial. It is a breeding only eye type. :/

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
That is just very, very disappointing. Now it further skewers the odds of getting a desired eye type during breeding as well. There's only 100% after all, so the part that Goat took had to come from one or more of the existing natural eyes, reducing their ability to appear for people who want them.

In addition, especially if we are going to see more natural eyes released, players are going to find an increase in eyes they don't want. Say Player A hates multi; it gives A the heevy-jeevies. At least multi had a minimal chance of appearing during breeding. But what if A also finds Goat creepy? And then a future eye type(s), like say Undead or Fish or Spider. Now A has to worry about two...three...four however many keep increasing of undesirable eyes. That would be a huge discouragement in participating in the main mechanic of this site--breeding.

There's no way to get specific natural eyes (outside of the scattervial, which is also flawed). There's not way not to get specific natural eyes. This really is unprecedented in FR. The only thing like this was male/female, and I've never seen anyone complain that the male/female poses set off a phobia. With genes, if say Hex gives Player B nausea, all B has to do is not breed any dragons with Hex. Hex isn't going to appear randomly unless the parents have it. Natural eyes are different. At any point in time, B could wind up with something incredibly undesirable without any way to prevent it.

I think natural eyes as a whole need to be completely and entirely rethought. If the staff intended to keep releasing natural eyes down the road, eventually the odds will be so poor to get anything target eyes, it'll making Gathering look like a cherry-picking orchard. Players ought to be able to have the same control they have always had. We need individual eye vials, cycling scattervials, and legacy eyes.
That is just very, very disappointing. Now it further skewers the odds of getting a desired eye type during breeding as well. There's only 100% after all, so the part that Goat took had to come from one or more of the existing natural eyes, reducing their ability to appear for people who want them.

In addition, especially if we are going to see more natural eyes released, players are going to find an increase in eyes they don't want. Say Player A hates multi; it gives A the heevy-jeevies. At least multi had a minimal chance of appearing during breeding. But what if A also finds Goat creepy? And then a future eye type(s), like say Undead or Fish or Spider. Now A has to worry about two...three...four however many keep increasing of undesirable eyes. That would be a huge discouragement in participating in the main mechanic of this site--breeding.

There's no way to get specific natural eyes (outside of the scattervial, which is also flawed). There's not way not to get specific natural eyes. This really is unprecedented in FR. The only thing like this was male/female, and I've never seen anyone complain that the male/female poses set off a phobia. With genes, if say Hex gives Player B nausea, all B has to do is not breed any dragons with Hex. Hex isn't going to appear randomly unless the parents have it. Natural eyes are different. At any point in time, B could wind up with something incredibly undesirable without any way to prevent it.

I think natural eyes as a whole need to be completely and entirely rethought. If the staff intended to keep releasing natural eyes down the road, eventually the odds will be so poor to get anything target eyes, it'll making Gathering look like a cherry-picking orchard. Players ought to be able to have the same control they have always had. We need individual eye vials, cycling scattervials, and legacy eyes.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Adding my support to here and also posting what I put in the announcement thread. [quote=]If only all eye types were available through breeding AND vials. That would pretty much solve every issue about the new eye types. Edit because I've been thinking more: I do love the fact that we're getting more Natural eye types! I find it incredibly fun and it makes me want to hatch nests to see what I'll get. However, as many other people stated, old dragons are completely excluded and that's not fun. I'm not sure what harm it would do in adding vials for the Natural eye types, as well as keeping them in the breeding pool. Eye types like Dark Sclera and Swirl should remain exclusive to where they are obtained, but for Natural eye types it's a little bit unfair to make them available to new dragons only. I know Scattersights exist, but they're not gonna last forever. Once they're used up, there's no hope for our older dragons. That's the upsetting part. [/quote]
Adding my support to here and also posting what I put in the announcement thread.
wrote:
If only all eye types were available through breeding AND vials. That would pretty much solve every issue about the new eye types.

Edit because I've been thinking more:

I do love the fact that we're getting more Natural eye types! I find it incredibly fun and it makes me want to hatch nests to see what I'll get. However, as many other people stated, old dragons are completely excluded and that's not fun.

I'm not sure what harm it would do in adding vials for the Natural eye types, as well as keeping them in the breeding pool. Eye types like Dark Sclera and Swirl should remain exclusive to where they are obtained, but for Natural eye types it's a little bit unfair to make them available to new dragons only.

I know Scattersights exist, but they're not gonna last forever. Once they're used up, there's no hope for our older dragons. That's the upsetting part.
caught up in static dreams
distorted angels sing
Yes please.

I'm still salty about the Eyepocolypse and that mess that was. I don't want more eye types that are breeding only. I really don't. I was fine with dark sclera and I'm fine with swirl because I can put them on dragons I want.

But another eye type that I literally can't do anything but hope? Na I'm not about that life. So I'm going to pretty much ignore goat because why would I mess with it? I can't put it on my old dragons. I'm sure the rate of getting it on hatchlings is low **, so I'm not going to make a breeding project for it.

I feel like the natural eyes have been the worst received feature on this site, so I'm not sure why another one has been put out. :/
Yes please.

I'm still salty about the Eyepocolypse and that mess that was. I don't want more eye types that are breeding only. I really don't. I was fine with dark sclera and I'm fine with swirl because I can put them on dragons I want.

But another eye type that I literally can't do anything but hope? Na I'm not about that life. So I'm going to pretty much ignore goat because why would I mess with it? I can't put it on my old dragons. I'm sure the rate of getting it on hatchlings is low **, so I'm not going to make a breeding project for it.

I feel like the natural eyes have been the worst received feature on this site, so I'm not sure why another one has been put out. :/
I don't see why staff thought it was a good idea to add yet another eye type that's impossible for old dragons to get, it's not hard to add vials to appeal to everyone who owns dragons they want the new eye types for, which there are a lot of people who do. I continue to support this, especially if staff wants to add even more natural eye types
I don't see why staff thought it was a good idea to add yet another eye type that's impossible for old dragons to get, it's not hard to add vials to appeal to everyone who owns dragons they want the new eye types for, which there are a lot of people who do. I continue to support this, especially if staff wants to add even more natural eye types
egg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gifdeity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gifegg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gif
I actually really love your ideas! It sucks that older dragons cannot have new eyes. You fully have my support!
I actually really love your ideas! It sucks that older dragons cannot have new eyes. You fully have my support!
tumblr_inline_pfkgulDiIn1rl0bsp_100.pngGY5Jmcm.png old-oaks-3.png
[quote name="Dromaeosaur" date="2019-03-22 09:17:05" ] I don't see why staff thought it was a good idea to add yet another eye type that's impossible for old dragons to get, it's not hard to add vials to appeal to everyone who owns dragons they want the new eye types for, which there are a lot of people who do. I continue to support this, especially if staff wants to add even more natural eye types [/quote] To be honest, while I cannot speak for the staff, there are really only two reasons I can see to make eye types that are breeding only and cannot be applied to existing dragons: 1. Make breeding interesting. Before the eye updates, pretty much the only random factor in breeding was sex. However, even with sex, you knew you were getting either X or Y. Colors could be determined, and even with larger ranges, as with sex, you knew you would never get color X if your range didn't contain that. Natural eye types mean that there are things completely beyond player control, giving a bit of interest to breeding for players who like that. If this were their reasoning, I believe that they have succeeded. (or would have). Many players [b]are[/b] excited to breed dragons and get these new eye types. HOwever, that could be counterbalanced by the people who have existing dragons with they want the eye types on or those who like complete control over their breedings. 2. Give a boost to the dragon economy. They may be trying to figure out ways of making dragons 'valuable' without introducing drastic changes such as dragon death or infertility or forced exaltion. If this were the reasoning, I feel they have failed badly. Dragons with goat eyes will be valuable for a little while, just like any new gene that comes out, but eventually the hype will settle, and dragons with goat, or any other natural eye type already existing or to come out, will eventually be fodder priced and no more special than any other bred dragon. The only area of the dragon economy that truly benefits from these are gen1s. Gen 1s with certain color patterns and eye colors will gain a significant boost if they also have a nice eye variant. HOwever, gen1 markets didn't *need* this boost as nicely colored gen1s with matching eyes are already a huge market. Other than those two, I cannot really think of a single reason why natural eye types MUST be breeding only (or limited to a retired consumable item), especially despite all the player base calls for some way of getting these items on older dragons.
Dromaeosaur wrote on 2019-03-22 09:17:05:
To be honest, while I cannot speak for the staff, there are really only two reasons I can see to make eye types that are breeding only and cannot be applied to existing dragons:

1. Make breeding interesting. Before the eye updates, pretty much the only random factor in breeding was sex. However, even with sex, you knew you were getting either X or Y. Colors could be determined, and even with larger ranges, as with sex, you knew you would never get color X if your range didn't contain that. Natural eye types mean that there are things completely beyond player control, giving a bit of interest to breeding for players who like that. If this were their reasoning, I believe that they have succeeded. (or would have). Many players are excited to breed dragons and get these new eye types. HOwever, that could be counterbalanced by the people who have existing dragons with they want the eye types on or those who like complete control over their breedings.

2. Give a boost to the dragon economy. They may be trying to figure out ways of making dragons 'valuable' without introducing drastic changes such as dragon death or infertility or forced exaltion. If this were the reasoning, I feel they have failed badly. Dragons with goat eyes will be valuable for a little while, just like any new gene that comes out, but eventually the hype will settle, and dragons with goat, or any other natural eye type already existing or to come out, will eventually be fodder priced and no more special than any other bred dragon.

The only area of the dragon economy that truly benefits from these are gen1s. Gen 1s with certain color patterns and eye colors will gain a significant boost if they also have a nice eye variant. HOwever, gen1 markets didn't *need* this boost as nicely colored gen1s with matching eyes are already a huge market.

Other than those two, I cannot really think of a single reason why natural eye types MUST be breeding only (or limited to a retired consumable item), especially despite all the player base calls for some way of getting these items on older dragons.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support, would love to get Goat on some of my old G1s!

Support, would love to get Goat on some of my old G1s!

:LTB Boolean:
:YCH/Art Shop:
:Selling IDs:
For Sale,
G1s
71424715.png92781547.png91722205.png92781456.png
1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 111 112