Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Subspecies] The Hivemind
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 159 160
Question- If two XXY strange drones breed, and the result is XYZ, but has the gene requirements, is it still a drone? So a random XYZ isn’t a drone, even with the gene requirements, but what if it’s a drone child?
Question- If two XXY strange drones breed, and the result is XYZ, but has the gene requirements, is it still a drone? So a random XYZ isn’t a drone, even with the gene requirements, but what if it’s a drone child?
fT1J7Mm.png
@CinnamonPeroxide All my drones are prepped to be plain vanilla drones but people are free to do whatever they please with them. They can incorporate my existing lore or pretend it doesn't exist. I'm pretty excited to see what they do either way.

A good percentage of people's consciousness' where renamed from Luthyx's initial hatches and when their lair purge happened they mentioned their consciousness speeding up the drones mind process to become new Consciousness.

So drones becoming Consciousness is not a new development. (Forming a cocoon sounds pretty rad though.)

If you were looking to link to my lore she could either be stolen from Lizena's by a true consciousness or have been driven out because she was a consciousness and could have undermined Lizena's control. Or even have been sent out as a spy. Or she could have just drifted away unnoticed and defaulted to a hivemind's base state.
@CinnamonPeroxide All my drones are prepped to be plain vanilla drones but people are free to do whatever they please with them. They can incorporate my existing lore or pretend it doesn't exist. I'm pretty excited to see what they do either way.

A good percentage of people's consciousness' where renamed from Luthyx's initial hatches and when their lair purge happened they mentioned their consciousness speeding up the drones mind process to become new Consciousness.

So drones becoming Consciousness is not a new development. (Forming a cocoon sounds pretty rad though.)

If you were looking to link to my lore she could either be stolen from Lizena's by a true consciousness or have been driven out because she was a consciousness and could have undermined Lizena's control. Or even have been sent out as a spy. Or she could have just drifted away unnoticed and defaulted to a hivemind's base state.
@Nekowo

This is what it says in the lore: "Drone Descendant: Any/Any/Any; Any/Any/Any; must be child of a drone"

So I think it works!
@Nekowo

This is what it says in the lore: "Drone Descendant: Any/Any/Any; Any/Any/Any; must be child of a drone"

So I think it works!
tumblr_inline_nx3ctz80M11qm7hsw_250.png
@FlyingButress The only concern would be that ones children; if they would still be drones due to having two drone parents
@FlyingButress The only concern would be that ones children; if they would still be drones due to having two drone parents
fT1J7Mm.png
[quote name="CinnamonPeroxide" date="2018-07-21 18:56:18" ] The Wyrmwound A veritable cauldron of disease, churned by the Plaguebringer herself, to design and release experimental strains of never-ending calamity. Even the dragons who settle along the crater's edge stay clear of this pustule lake, wary that any contact could wipe them out, or turn them into something monstrous. h m mmm mm [/quote] I am suddenly very excited and very afraid.
CinnamonPeroxide wrote on 2018-07-21 18:56:18:
The Wyrmwound
A veritable cauldron of disease, churned by the Plaguebringer herself, to design and release experimental strains of never-ending calamity. Even the dragons who settle along the crater's edge stay clear of this pustule lake, wary that any contact could wipe them out, or turn them into something monstrous.

h m mmm mm

I am suddenly very excited and very afraid.
@FlyingButtress

@Nekowo

We could go by moonbeast (werewolf subspecies) rules and have any offspring of two differing XXY drones continue to be drones but that any generation after that loses their connection to the consciousness and become simple hive decendents. (at most being like half-drones)

I imagine that the resultant XYZ, XYY and XYX drones would be likely to be attacked by more traditional hives

What do you think @Luthyx?

Also something like this has happened once before with a pure drone and a defective drone. The offspring were placed in the Half-drone category.

Also thank you FlyingButtress for complimenting Kilgore, he is my screechy baby.
@FlyingButtress

@Nekowo

We could go by moonbeast (werewolf subspecies) rules and have any offspring of two differing XXY drones continue to be drones but that any generation after that loses their connection to the consciousness and become simple hive decendents. (at most being like half-drones)

I imagine that the resultant XYZ, XYY and XYX drones would be likely to be attacked by more traditional hives

What do you think @Luthyx?

Also something like this has happened once before with a pure drone and a defective drone. The offspring were placed in the Half-drone category.

Also thank you FlyingButtress for complimenting Kilgore, he is my screechy baby.
@Rosesinger Ooh, your quest for a drone of every color in the wheel... Sounds tedious. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2352747/1]You might find this of use.[/url] They have a [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38854500]XXY Robin up for adoption[/url]. They have Bee, but you're going to have to give them Wasp, maybe remove the tert. btw, if I'm reading right, isn't the generation thing part of lore already? [quote][b]Drone Descendant:[/b] Any/Any/Any; Any/Any/Any; must be child of a drone Thanks in part to horrific magic, it is possible for a hive member to reproduce with normal dragons. These dragons may have a varying connection to the consciousness or none at all, and many or none of the features of their hive parent. They all have free will, like dragons, as well as a personality. [b]After the second generation, the hive genes become entirely non-dominant, meaning that hive lineage only counts for the direct descendants of that hive.[/b][/quote]
@Rosesinger

Ooh, your quest for a drone of every color in the wheel... Sounds tedious.

You might find this of use. They have a XXY Robin up for adoption. They have Bee, but you're going to have to give them Wasp, maybe remove the tert.

btw, if I'm reading right, isn't the generation thing part of lore already?
Quote:
Drone Descendant: Any/Any/Any; Any/Any/Any; must be child of a drone
Thanks in part to horrific magic, it is possible for a hive member to reproduce with normal dragons. These dragons may have a varying connection to the consciousness or none at all, and many or none of the features of their hive parent. They all have free will, like dragons, as well as a personality. After the second generation, the hive genes become entirely non-dominant, meaning that hive lineage only counts for the direct descendants of that hive.
fZVmdhk.png
@Branford getting a drone of every color of the wheel sounds extremely tedious what I meant was one drone per color shade as in at least one drone with purple range, blue range, green range, yellow range, orange range, brown range, red range, and pink range. I may develop others as suits my fancy but doing every color possible is quite beyond my patience, will power, and possible lair space.

While I do think that these could possibly count as half drones they are not talking about Drone+any other dragon, they are talking about something like a Pure Drone+Strange Hive Drone.

Thanks for the heads up about the robin XXY I'm covered for blue though! Working on greens right now :D

@Branford getting a drone of every color of the wheel sounds extremely tedious what I meant was one drone per color shade as in at least one drone with purple range, blue range, green range, yellow range, orange range, brown range, red range, and pink range. I may develop others as suits my fancy but doing every color possible is quite beyond my patience, will power, and possible lair space.

While I do think that these could possibly count as half drones they are not talking about Drone+any other dragon, they are talking about something like a Pure Drone+Strange Hive Drone.

Thanks for the heads up about the robin XXY I'm covered for blue though! Working on greens right now :D

@Rosesinger

Ah, all right.

Ah, that's more feasible. I have a pair shooting for a Fern XXY, but they got wegged, so probably not this nest. Maybe I can keep you posted for future nests?
@Rosesinger

Ah, all right.

Ah, that's more feasible. I have a pair shooting for a Fern XXY, but they got wegged, so probably not this nest. Maybe I can keep you posted for future nests?
fZVmdhk.png
Warning: The following rambling is targeted at like five different people, I'm sleepy and it's hard to concentrate. Enter at your own risk.

Thank ya thank ya!! And sorry for the late reply, I was editing some lore. Time got away from me. The second and third of those proposals sound great! Being driven out, inserting herself into a new, trusting lair. It delights me to know that, if this trend keeps up and if even a few people do the same as me, we could have a sub-species spider webbed out across FR. The majority of them acknowledging said link and this thread and aifnriv, dunno why that delights me. Maybe because I have a small hand in helping to create something, help it, nurture it like a mama bird puking bird puke down another bird's throat.

And the spy idea, @Rosesinger, is a great idea as well! I love the feeling of being connected, and it overall tickles me. Super sneaky evil monster spy snooping scarily on my cult clan. I'll have to think abt it more in the morning, sleeping **** is kicking in(can you tell lol). I'd rather not ruin the ambiguity of the origin of this sub-species for myself, but it coming from the wyrmwound would be veri nice, and open whole new windows of opportunity. The grosser the better, all hail Plegmom

And yeah the 'every color' idea sounds fantastic, but strenuous. Fun!! yes yes ty Branford

I don't yet understand most of the genetics talk, but I'll get there.

I'm getting a xeno mirror hatchling from someone fairly soon, I hope I can integrate it someway. A variant? An evolution branching off from the source? Psuedo-hide, hijacker, etc? Tbh I just wanna breed them and see what awesome babies come out.
Warning: The following rambling is targeted at like five different people, I'm sleepy and it's hard to concentrate. Enter at your own risk.

Thank ya thank ya!! And sorry for the late reply, I was editing some lore. Time got away from me. The second and third of those proposals sound great! Being driven out, inserting herself into a new, trusting lair. It delights me to know that, if this trend keeps up and if even a few people do the same as me, we could have a sub-species spider webbed out across FR. The majority of them acknowledging said link and this thread and aifnriv, dunno why that delights me. Maybe because I have a small hand in helping to create something, help it, nurture it like a mama bird puking bird puke down another bird's throat.

And the spy idea, @Rosesinger, is a great idea as well! I love the feeling of being connected, and it overall tickles me. Super sneaky evil monster spy snooping scarily on my cult clan. I'll have to think abt it more in the morning, sleeping **** is kicking in(can you tell lol). I'd rather not ruin the ambiguity of the origin of this sub-species for myself, but it coming from the wyrmwound would be veri nice, and open whole new windows of opportunity. The grosser the better, all hail Plegmom

And yeah the 'every color' idea sounds fantastic, but strenuous. Fun!! yes yes ty Branford

I don't yet understand most of the genetics talk, but I'll get there.

I'm getting a xeno mirror hatchling from someone fairly soon, I hope I can integrate it someway. A variant? An evolution branching off from the source? Psuedo-hide, hijacker, etc? Tbh I just wanna breed them and see what awesome babies come out.
tumblr_ozt2q91f2f1w8xkufo2_250.png 1Wa1sIi.gif unknown.png
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 159 160