Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Subspecies] The Hivemind
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 159 160
Just got two more drones; one was purchased as a drone from the AH; I believe it was one on the stall here. [s]The other I’m planning to experiment with. I like to think that some conciousnesses may leave their drones defective, should it benefit them. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43129421] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/431295/43129421_350.png[/img] [/url] Having a black capsule that could mimic assimilation fluid, I came up with the idea that she could make her fluid less foul, and even enticing, to dragons. It also acts as a great sustanible food to the hive, being laced with magic, but with the drone still being under the full control of the hive.[/s] I caved again and made her pure as to not mess up breeding rip I also caved and used the Scatter I had on my conciousness and he got rare. I enjoy it :3
Just got two more drones; one was purchased as a drone from the AH; I believe it was one on the stall here.

The other I’m planning to experiment with. I like to think that some conciousnesses may leave their drones defective, should it benefit them.

43129421_350.png

Having a black capsule that could mimic assimilation fluid, I came up with the idea that she could make her fluid less foul, and even enticing, to dragons. It also acts as a great sustanible food to the hive, being laced with magic, but with the drone still being under the full control of the hive.

I caved again and made her pure as to not mess up breeding rip

I also caved and used the Scatter I had on my conciousness and he got rare. I enjoy it :3
fT1J7Mm.png
@Luthyx I'm pinging you in advance, but feel free to ignore. Managed to haggle this baby boy (not what the picture shows, click to see where the project is at right now), so now I'm trying to fund that re-geneing by selling stacks of food and doing commissions (hmu if you're interested !) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43139624] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=20&breed=7&element=3&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=125&tertgene=22&winggene=20&wings=10&auth=78985af00df8f83842ef3235e6119a66148722b1&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url] He's going to be an assassin after that defective I got. Can defectives choose a name for themselves ? The one I got still has to be (re)named, but it's possessed by... something that wants to be a nuisance to hives.
@Luthyx I'm pinging you in advance, but feel free to ignore.

Managed to haggle this baby boy (not what the picture shows, click to see where the project is at right now), so now I'm trying to fund that re-geneing by selling stacks of food and doing commissions (hmu if you're interested !)

dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=20&breed=7&element=3&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=125&tertgene=22&winggene=20&wings=10&auth=78985af00df8f83842ef3235e6119a66148722b1&dummyext=prev.png

He's going to be an assassin after that defective I got. Can defectives choose a name for themselves ? The one I got still has to be (re)named, but it's possessed by... something that wants to be a nuisance to hives.
tumblr_osr8u7mjpA1v8lm95o2_r1_100.gif
Vela (they/them)
Feel free to ping me, however I do not accept
friend requests if I barely know you. Sorry !

.:. rarely active lately .:.
tumblr_osr8u7mjpA1v8lm95o1_r1_100.gif
@Luthyx

I LOVE THIS AAA i recently bought a dragon that was already on the list of registered dragons, but he's under the 'drifting drones' bit! I'd like to say that I'm aware of the subspecies and someday would love to write him some proper lore! :D Also can I be added to general pinglist-- thanks!
@Luthyx

I LOVE THIS AAA i recently bought a dragon that was already on the list of registered dragons, but he's under the 'drifting drones' bit! I'd like to say that I'm aware of the subspecies and someday would love to write him some proper lore! :D Also can I be added to general pinglist-- thanks!
Hi!! I'll put something more interesting here... someday...
@Luthyx

Hello!

Here is an idea I had about Defectives (that came up in conversation with @PixelMech who has amazing lore for this subspecies):

What if the Defectives aren't just defective and disconnected from the original hive, but a genetic variation that is primed to become a new Consciousness, which is why the other Consciousnesses are against their existence? So in a sense, they're the next evolutionary step, but because they threaten the existence of the original hives, which generally do not evolve unless through assimilation, the hives consider them a threat.

And if that was the case, then PixelMech's Defective basically creating a new hive out of mutants and rejected drones could create a stronger, more versatile hive that not only has the connection to a Consciousness, but also capacity to think and reason on their own while relying on the emotional and mental support of the hive mind. Thus allowing the hive to adapt to the occupied lairs and possibly be influenced by the alignment of the lair (allowing them to be friendly or more power-hungry or more reckless, depending on the overall personality of the lair they're in).

Whoot, possible contribution to the subspecies (or just a really interesting thought experiment to share)! \('o')/
@Luthyx

Hello!

Here is an idea I had about Defectives (that came up in conversation with @PixelMech who has amazing lore for this subspecies):

What if the Defectives aren't just defective and disconnected from the original hive, but a genetic variation that is primed to become a new Consciousness, which is why the other Consciousnesses are against their existence? So in a sense, they're the next evolutionary step, but because they threaten the existence of the original hives, which generally do not evolve unless through assimilation, the hives consider them a threat.

And if that was the case, then PixelMech's Defective basically creating a new hive out of mutants and rejected drones could create a stronger, more versatile hive that not only has the connection to a Consciousness, but also capacity to think and reason on their own while relying on the emotional and mental support of the hive mind. Thus allowing the hive to adapt to the occupied lairs and possibly be influenced by the alignment of the lair (allowing them to be friendly or more power-hungry or more reckless, depending on the overall personality of the lair they're in).

Whoot, possible contribution to the subspecies (or just a really interesting thought experiment to share)! \('o')/
tumblr_inline_nx3ctz80M11qm7hsw_250.png
@FlyingButtress I think that's a fantastic idea!! It would help, gameplay wise. You could keep defects and regular ol' dragons together as one clan but still easily follow the Hive lor.

Unless I read that wrong..
@FlyingButtress I think that's a fantastic idea!! It would help, gameplay wise. You could keep defects and regular ol' dragons together as one clan but still easily follow the Hive lor.

Unless I read that wrong..
tumblr_ozt2q91f2f1w8xkufo2_250.png 1Wa1sIi.gif unknown.png
@Nekowo Thanks for buying my baby drone! It made my day to see someone like him!
I was actually thinking of doing the black capsule tert = conversion fluid to my tundra drone. Strange minds think alike I guess.

@Duveteux That multigaze is beautiful! Good luck on your commissions! (Are they art commissions or lore commissions?

@FlyingButtress that's a cool idea
@Nekowo Thanks for buying my baby drone! It made my day to see someone like him!
I was actually thinking of doing the black capsule tert = conversion fluid to my tundra drone. Strange minds think alike I guess.

@Duveteux That multigaze is beautiful! Good luck on your commissions! (Are they art commissions or lore commissions?

@FlyingButtress that's a cool idea
@CinnamonPeroxide

I don't see why that couldn't work, down this thread of an idea. Defectives could potentially be "good" versions of the true hives that can still assimilate willing dragons to grow, or simply grow by accepting the rejected Drones that might otherwise die without a Consciousness. Either way, lairs can accept this version of hives as a means of protection from the ever-expanding Hivemind, mental and physical protection, maybe serve as an early warning system or radar system for the others.

It's not entirely dissimilar from the Hijacker lore, however Defectives are natural rather than created, and I also don't consider Defectives an automatic opposite of or opposition to the Hivemind. They could just be independent of the Hivemind, only wanting to protect the lairs where they live or have connections rather than oppose the Hiveminds by nature. It all depends on where peeps want to take it as an idea. \('v')/
@CinnamonPeroxide

I don't see why that couldn't work, down this thread of an idea. Defectives could potentially be "good" versions of the true hives that can still assimilate willing dragons to grow, or simply grow by accepting the rejected Drones that might otherwise die without a Consciousness. Either way, lairs can accept this version of hives as a means of protection from the ever-expanding Hivemind, mental and physical protection, maybe serve as an early warning system or radar system for the others.

It's not entirely dissimilar from the Hijacker lore, however Defectives are natural rather than created, and I also don't consider Defectives an automatic opposite of or opposition to the Hivemind. They could just be independent of the Hivemind, only wanting to protect the lairs where they live or have connections rather than oppose the Hiveminds by nature. It all depends on where peeps want to take it as an idea. \('v')/
@CinnamonPeroxide @FlyingButtress [quote name="FlyingButtress" date="2018-07-21 17:08:16" ] @CinnamonPeroxide Defectives could potentially be "good" versions of the true hives that can still assimilate willing dragons to grow, or simply grow by accepting the rejected Drones that might otherwise die without a Consciousness. [/quote] O_O That was (more or less) my entire plan for Moth [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43053666] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/430537/43053666_350.png[/img] [/url] of course I was also thinking of giving her a defective mate so... it all evens out??? (also I promise that I had these ideas beforehand and that I'm not being a copycat @talyra can back me up with Moth at least...)
@CinnamonPeroxide
@FlyingButtress
FlyingButtress wrote on 2018-07-21 17:08:16:
@CinnamonPeroxide

Defectives could potentially be "good" versions of the true hives that can still assimilate willing dragons to grow, or simply grow by accepting the rejected Drones that might otherwise die without a Consciousness.

O_O That was (more or less) my entire plan for Moth

43053666_350.png

of course I was also thinking of giving her a defective mate so... it all evens out???

(also I promise that I had these ideas beforehand and that I'm not being a copycat @talyra can back me up with Moth at least...)
@Rosesinger

I totally believe that you had this idea before me, I don't want to claim any of this like it was all completely my own original thoughts. I have definitely been strongly influenced by everything already posted on this thread and the conversation I was having with PixelMech. I might have even read your lore/plan at some point (if it was posted on this thread) and absorbed it as part of this subspecies and then just regurgitated it back out now because it was a great idea!

This thread and subspecies definitely has a strong community contribution aspect to it, I was just throwing out ideas and perspectives to support my thoughts. Sorry if I made it feel like I was licking it to make it mine, I bow at your feet (and everyone's!) for your amazing ideas! ('u')
@Rosesinger

I totally believe that you had this idea before me, I don't want to claim any of this like it was all completely my own original thoughts. I have definitely been strongly influenced by everything already posted on this thread and the conversation I was having with PixelMech. I might have even read your lore/plan at some point (if it was posted on this thread) and absorbed it as part of this subspecies and then just regurgitated it back out now because it was a great idea!

This thread and subspecies definitely has a strong community contribution aspect to it, I was just throwing out ideas and perspectives to support my thoughts. Sorry if I made it feel like I was licking it to make it mine, I bow at your feet (and everyone's!) for your amazing ideas! ('u')
ooo! Moth's a looker. These are lovely ideas! Very entertaining.

I forget my exact train of thought-- I forgot all my ideas actually, was completely blindsided by something else. I think what @FlyingButtress said summed it up.. Don't remember lol. And before I start rambling, lemme just say that I have a huge softspot for hiveminds. Can't get enough of them.

Imagine a dragon falling in love with a drone, a straight up drone. So there's no mildly cliche 'I'm gonna fight this darkness for our love bro dont even sweat it bro ilyt'.
And not even how many of the scientists in the H.R. Giger Alien universe are obsessed with the aliens. (maybe a bit of that)... (Actually, a lot of that.) Some deranged Plague flight clan decides they want to harness the infection, or promote it naturally as they see it as a step forward. Form a one sided romantic 'bond' with a brainless body puppeteered by a consciousness.
Imagine returning from a lovely hunt to find your mate assimilated. Would you keep them locked up, so they dont skitter back to their hive, as you try to tame them? That's a favorite zombie 'trope'(I don't see much of it, but it happens) of mine. Their babe turns into a monster and they care for them, still clinging to the past.

Okok rambling over! Definitely gonna incorporate some of this rambling into my own clan lore, once I register.
ooo! Moth's a looker. These are lovely ideas! Very entertaining.

I forget my exact train of thought-- I forgot all my ideas actually, was completely blindsided by something else. I think what @FlyingButtress said summed it up.. Don't remember lol. And before I start rambling, lemme just say that I have a huge softspot for hiveminds. Can't get enough of them.

Imagine a dragon falling in love with a drone, a straight up drone. So there's no mildly cliche 'I'm gonna fight this darkness for our love bro dont even sweat it bro ilyt'.
And not even how many of the scientists in the H.R. Giger Alien universe are obsessed with the aliens. (maybe a bit of that)... (Actually, a lot of that.) Some deranged Plague flight clan decides they want to harness the infection, or promote it naturally as they see it as a step forward. Form a one sided romantic 'bond' with a brainless body puppeteered by a consciousness.
Imagine returning from a lovely hunt to find your mate assimilated. Would you keep them locked up, so they dont skitter back to their hive, as you try to tame them? That's a favorite zombie 'trope'(I don't see much of it, but it happens) of mine. Their babe turns into a monster and they care for them, still clinging to the past.

Okok rambling over! Definitely gonna incorporate some of this rambling into my own clan lore, once I register.
tumblr_ozt2q91f2f1w8xkufo2_250.png 1Wa1sIi.gif unknown.png
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 159 160