Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Questions? Concerns? Discuss!
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 91 92
That's a great Idea :D
That's a great Idea :D
5891598x3192239.png
I've seen you guys discussing the lag waves and performance issues that accompany site holidays. You all have mentioned you'll be looking into optimization to resolve these problems. My question is:

Are the optimizations that are going to be considered purely back-end-code based? Or are game design tweaks also a possibility (e.g. offering alternative ways to acquire the holiday currency to lessen the coli load some)?

Edited to clarify: I understand one alternative method exists in acquiring holiday currency -- gathering turns, but, due to the limited nature of gathering turns these usually get blown through and then people turn to coli grinding.
I've seen you guys discussing the lag waves and performance issues that accompany site holidays. You all have mentioned you'll be looking into optimization to resolve these problems. My question is:

Are the optimizations that are going to be considered purely back-end-code based? Or are game design tweaks also a possibility (e.g. offering alternative ways to acquire the holiday currency to lessen the coli load some)?

Edited to clarify: I understand one alternative method exists in acquiring holiday currency -- gathering turns, but, due to the limited nature of gathering turns these usually get blown through and then people turn to coli grinding.
[quote name="Microraptor" date="2014-01-27 10:10:12"]I've seen you guys discussing the lag waves and performance issues that accompany site holidays. You all have mentioned you'll be looking into optimization to resolve these problems. My question is: Are the optimizations that are going to be considered purely back-end-code based? Or are game design tweaks also a possibility (e.g. offering alternative ways to acquire the holiday currency to lessen the coli load some)? Edited to clarify: I understand one alternative method exists in acquiring holiday currency -- gathering turns, but, due to the limited nature of gathering turns these usually get blown through and then people turn to coli grinding.[/quote] @Microraptor, we are looking into all possible avenues to resolve the problem and make this an enjoyable experience once again.
Microraptor wrote on 2014-01-27 10:10:12:

@Microraptor, we are looking into all possible avenues to resolve the problem and make this an enjoyable experience once again.
Could we have a familiar suggestion sticky in the suggestion forum? There seems to be more and more familiar suggestions in the suggestion forum now and having them all in one area would be nice.
Could we have a familiar suggestion sticky in the suggestion forum? There seems to be more and more familiar suggestions in the suggestion forum now and having them all in one area would be nice.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2014-01-27 10:29:10"][quote name="Microraptor" date="2014-01-27 10:10:12"]I've seen you guys discussing the lag waves and performance issues that accompany site holidays. You all have mentioned you'll be looking into optimization to resolve these problems. My question is: Are the optimizations that are going to be considered purely back-end-code based? Or are game design tweaks also a possibility (e.g. offering alternative ways to acquire the holiday currency to lessen the coli load some)? Edited to clarify: I understand one alternative method exists in acquiring holiday currency -- gathering turns, but, due to the limited nature of gathering turns these usually get blown through and then people turn to coli grinding.[/quote] @Microraptor, we are looking into all possible avenues to resolve the problem and make this an enjoyable experience once again.[/quote] Would having the option of Crim swapping items for Festive Favours/holiday currency instead of treasure be a possible avenue? Should I be putting that in the suggestions forums?
Aequorin wrote on 2014-01-27 10:29:10:

@Microraptor, we are looking into all possible avenues to resolve the problem and make this an enjoyable experience once again.

Would having the option of Crim swapping items for Festive Favours/holiday currency instead of treasure be a possible avenue? Should I be putting that in the suggestions forums?
kbqBOtG.png
[quote name="Jamethyst" date="2014-01-27 17:45:12"][quote name="Aequorin" date="2014-01-27 10:29:10"][quote name="Microraptor" date="2014-01-27 10:10:12"]I've seen you guys discussing the lag waves and performance issues that accompany site holidays. You all have mentioned you'll be looking into optimization to resolve these problems. My question is: Are the optimizations that are going to be considered purely back-end-code based? Or are game design tweaks also a possibility (e.g. offering alternative ways to acquire the holiday currency to lessen the coli load some)? Edited to clarify: I understand one alternative method exists in acquiring holiday currency -- gathering turns, but, due to the limited nature of gathering turns these usually get blown through and then people turn to coli grinding.[/quote] @Microraptor, we are looking into all possible avenues to resolve the problem and make this an enjoyable experience once again.[/quote] Would having the option of Crim swapping items for Festive Favours/holiday currency instead of treasure be a possible avenue? Should I be putting that in the suggestions forums?[/quote] @Jamethyst I had the same idea (among others) and am including it in a giant mega suggestion regarding altering-gameplay-to-help-with-congestion. I'll ping you in the post.
Jamethyst wrote on 2014-01-27 17:45:12:
Aequorin wrote on 2014-01-27 10:29:10:

Would having the option of Crim swapping items for Festive Favours/holiday currency instead of treasure be a possible avenue? Should I be putting that in the suggestions forums?

@Jamethyst
I had the same idea (among others) and am including it in a giant mega suggestion regarding altering-gameplay-to-help-with-congestion. I'll ping you in the post.
@Jamethyst, @Microraptor, without giving specifics, we are indeed exploring all possible avenues to address this and make the festivals festive again! :D
@Jamethyst, @Microraptor, without giving specifics, we are indeed exploring all possible avenues to address this and make the festivals festive again! :D
@Aequorin
I know that item lending is not supported, and I'm totally understanding of that. I also know that scamming other players is not supported, so I'm curious:

If I lent an item to a player and they took it and sold it (or did not intend to return it) would I still have grounds to report the player for scamming me (WITHOUT requesting my item be returned). Would the player be punished for stealing/scamming, even if I do not ask for, and do not get my item back?

Since item lending is not supported, it leads me to believe that if someone wishes to share an item and gets taken advantage of... that the player who scammed the kind user would be able to get away with it (sort of like exploiting the rules).

I hope that makes sense!

Editing: To be a bit clearer: Since Item Lending isn't supported, if someone chooses to lend an item do they waive the rights to be protected by the TOS? Is it considered scamming/stealing when someone takes advantage of a user lending items? Or since lending is unsupported, is stealing/scamming considered 100% fair game and not punishable by Administration? (even with proof that the item was lent, not a gift... assuming there's messages on FR to back everything up, etc)
@Aequorin
I know that item lending is not supported, and I'm totally understanding of that. I also know that scamming other players is not supported, so I'm curious:

If I lent an item to a player and they took it and sold it (or did not intend to return it) would I still have grounds to report the player for scamming me (WITHOUT requesting my item be returned). Would the player be punished for stealing/scamming, even if I do not ask for, and do not get my item back?

Since item lending is not supported, it leads me to believe that if someone wishes to share an item and gets taken advantage of... that the player who scammed the kind user would be able to get away with it (sort of like exploiting the rules).

I hope that makes sense!

Editing: To be a bit clearer: Since Item Lending isn't supported, if someone chooses to lend an item do they waive the rights to be protected by the TOS? Is it considered scamming/stealing when someone takes advantage of a user lending items? Or since lending is unsupported, is stealing/scamming considered 100% fair game and not punishable by Administration? (even with proof that the item was lent, not a gift... assuming there's messages on FR to back everything up, etc)
1kz7OWt.png
@Dragoness, incidents of suspected scamming should be reported for further investigation. While this type of transaction is unsupported (we are looking into secure item trading), we also do not support player trust and interactions being abused and will review the situation regardless.
@Dragoness, incidents of suspected scamming should be reported for further investigation. While this type of transaction is unsupported (we are looking into secure item trading), we also do not support player trust and interactions being abused and will review the situation regardless.
@Aequorin
Fantastic, that's what I was hoping for! Thanks for answering!
@Aequorin
Fantastic, that's what I was hoping for! Thanks for answering!
1kz7OWt.png
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 91 92