Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Questions? Concerns? Discuss!
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 91 92
@Aequorin
Awesome! Thank you so much! :D
@Aequorin
Awesome! Thank you so much! :D
kbqBOtG.png
are there plans to increase the range of colors in the current available color wheel for the dragons?
are there plans to increase the range of colors in the current available color wheel for the dragons?
I am 2 hours ahead of FR.
tumblr_ob0n13DcYV1uhpgueo1_1280.png
[quote name="Roccy" date="2014-01-29 14:11:43"]are there plans to increase the range of colors in the current available color wheel for the dragons?[/quote] @Roccy, right now I'm just polling players to get a feel for what people may like to see in the future. Adding colors is very labor intensive and not a task to be taken lightly.
Roccy wrote on 2014-01-29 14:11:43:

@Roccy, right now I'm just polling players to get a feel for what people may like to see in the future. Adding colors is very labor intensive and not a task to be taken lightly.
I am aware that it would be a huge undertaking since there would need to be genes for all breeds in all those new colors and for all new breeds planned in the future as well. I was just curious if it even a possibility, or if the work required would mean that its a no go entirely.
I am aware that it would be a huge undertaking since there would need to be genes for all breeds in all those new colors and for all new breeds planned in the future as well. I was just curious if it even a possibility, or if the work required would mean that its a no go entirely.
I am 2 hours ahead of FR.
tumblr_ob0n13DcYV1uhpgueo1_1280.png
I feel like adding new colors would screw up people's breeding plans. Some people have spent a lot of treasure and gems (which can mean real money) on very specific pairs for very specific breeding plans.
I feel like adding new colors would screw up people's breeding plans. Some people have spent a lot of treasure and gems (which can mean real money) on very specific pairs for very specific breeding plans.
TOW2n3q.png
@Aequorin

What is FR's official stance on protection for artists and commissioners through the Art Sales forum? Will there be any protections implemented in the future for people who have been scammed out of treasure or gems?
@Aequorin

What is FR's official stance on protection for artists and commissioners through the Art Sales forum? Will there be any protections implemented in the future for people who have been scammed out of treasure or gems?
I talked about it on my Tumblr a bit, but I figured it was worth an ask, in light of the impromptu interest survey in the other thread.

I admit, I am kinda curious as to what the staff expects the average player experience to be. I’m wondering if the staff expectations and the things the survey are turning up match or not!
  • Do you guys expect players to use the fairgrounds? To max their lucky streak daily?
  • The high cost of lair expansions/scrolls/most apparel being in the 10-20K range makes me think this is expected to be the sort of game where you can turn over treasure fairly rapidly. Is that what was planned? Or is it meant to be the kind of game where a purchase like a gene should be a prize you spend a month working toward, etc.?
  • What did you guys intend the general average player’s main sources of income to be? I know dragon breeding was never meant to be especially profitable, but what was meant to be?
  • How much time per day do you expect most players should/would spend on FR? Are the multiple hours/day for coli grinding/maxing lucky streak what you intended?
  • What kind of rough general range would you expect to be the average amount of treasure for a player to have? At what point is a player considered to have low treasure and at what point is someone the FR Uncle Moneybags?
I talked about it on my Tumblr a bit, but I figured it was worth an ask, in light of the impromptu interest survey in the other thread.

I admit, I am kinda curious as to what the staff expects the average player experience to be. I’m wondering if the staff expectations and the things the survey are turning up match or not!
  • Do you guys expect players to use the fairgrounds? To max their lucky streak daily?
  • The high cost of lair expansions/scrolls/most apparel being in the 10-20K range makes me think this is expected to be the sort of game where you can turn over treasure fairly rapidly. Is that what was planned? Or is it meant to be the kind of game where a purchase like a gene should be a prize you spend a month working toward, etc.?
  • What did you guys intend the general average player’s main sources of income to be? I know dragon breeding was never meant to be especially profitable, but what was meant to be?
  • How much time per day do you expect most players should/would spend on FR? Are the multiple hours/day for coli grinding/maxing lucky streak what you intended?
  • What kind of rough general range would you expect to be the average amount of treasure for a player to have? At what point is a player considered to have low treasure and at what point is someone the FR Uncle Moneybags?
tumblr_inline_nivxf8CWLK1rwdj8f.giftumblr_inline_nivvkfCrBM1rwdj8f.giftumblr_inline_nivvkp0yfH1rwdj8f.gif
@Hippogriff, @Snapdragon, I'll get back to you on those questions. They are very good questions, thank you! ♥
@Hippogriff, @Snapdragon, I'll get back to you on those questions. They are very good questions, thank you! ♥
@Aequorin I hear that admins are starting to take down already approved skins and accents that resembled copyrighted material with only a partial gem refund. I wouldn't mind having to redo skins that resembled copyrighted material too closely but if I'm only getting a partial gem refund, then I won't be able to resubmit new skins because I can't spend RL money on this site. Could you confirm/deny this rumor? And can a suggestion be passed to the admins that a full gem refund for blueprints would be a lot more appreciated than just a partial gem refund, if the rumors are true?
@Aequorin I hear that admins are starting to take down already approved skins and accents that resembled copyrighted material with only a partial gem refund. I wouldn't mind having to redo skins that resembled copyrighted material too closely but if I'm only getting a partial gem refund, then I won't be able to resubmit new skins because I can't spend RL money on this site. Could you confirm/deny this rumor? And can a suggestion be passed to the admins that a full gem refund for blueprints would be a lot more appreciated than just a partial gem refund, if the rumors are true?
@Piney We've had a rule against copyrighted material being used in our skins since day 1. Uploading copyrighted material violates the intellectual property of others, and is something that we cannot have on FR. Despite this, a handful of skins squeaked in (we don't know every fandom, and it's the artist's responsibility not to submit materials that are not original.) We are removing these skins, and as a one-time courtesy refunding the artists back their blank blueprints.

Do not submit copyrighted skins. We will not be extending this courtesy in the future. Players are expected to read and respect the rules regarding skin submissions. This protects the players and the site.
@Piney We've had a rule against copyrighted material being used in our skins since day 1. Uploading copyrighted material violates the intellectual property of others, and is something that we cannot have on FR. Despite this, a handful of skins squeaked in (we don't know every fandom, and it's the artist's responsibility not to submit materials that are not original.) We are removing these skins, and as a one-time courtesy refunding the artists back their blank blueprints.

Do not submit copyrighted skins. We will not be extending this courtesy in the future. Players are expected to read and respect the rules regarding skin submissions. This protects the players and the site.
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 91 92