Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Kitchen mistakes You've Made
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
forgot to proof my yeast when baking boller (norwegian rolls, need a double raise, it was all bad. they tasted okay! but I pretty much made dwarf bread. could probably have broken windows with them.)

my first thanksgiving on my own, my fiance and I realized we hadn't gotten a turkey yet...the night before. The only turkeys left were huge, and frozen. we didn't manage to eat thanksgiving dinner until like 11pm thanksgiving night! and then we were eating turkey for yeeeeaaarrrssssss.

one time I made oatmeal, which went fine; but we'd stocked our sugar container with salt. that. that was not fine.
forgot to proof my yeast when baking boller (norwegian rolls, need a double raise, it was all bad. they tasted okay! but I pretty much made dwarf bread. could probably have broken windows with them.)

my first thanksgiving on my own, my fiance and I realized we hadn't gotten a turkey yet...the night before. The only turkeys left were huge, and frozen. we didn't manage to eat thanksgiving dinner until like 11pm thanksgiving night! and then we were eating turkey for yeeeeaaarrrssssss.

one time I made oatmeal, which went fine; but we'd stocked our sugar container with salt. that. that was not fine.
snow_scarf.gifdeepsea_sword.pngice_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciw58p.gifdeepsea_scarf.pngnight_ribbon.png
Uh-

Don't mix condensed milk into oats while putting it over medium heat.

My mind decided that condensed milk is an okay substitute for water.

Nevertheless, It was a complete disaster.
Uh-

Don't mix condensed milk into oats while putting it over medium heat.

My mind decided that condensed milk is an okay substitute for water.

Nevertheless, It was a complete disaster.
m59NfS2.png
Not remembering the difference between powdered sugar and granulated (makes for some really gritty Oreo whip)

I can cook a lot of things, but I seem to burn every grilled cheese I attempt to make

Putting a frozen pizza in the oven with the cardboard bottom still on, and homemade cookies on a round sheet.....with holes.
Not remembering the difference between powdered sugar and granulated (makes for some really gritty Oreo whip)

I can cook a lot of things, but I seem to burn every grilled cheese I attempt to make

Putting a frozen pizza in the oven with the cardboard bottom still on, and homemade cookies on a round sheet.....with holes.
jrNqxiw.gif[/left)
Not really something I did but I remember that my brother was making popcorn in a pan and forgot to put a lid on it. At least my dog had fun cleaning up.

Edit: Actually now that I think about it I remember a mistake I made. I put in the chocolate with the sugar when making fudge and it came out like a rock. We had to break it with a hammer to eat it.
Not really something I did but I remember that my brother was making popcorn in a pan and forgot to put a lid on it. At least my dog had fun cleaning up.

Edit: Actually now that I think about it I remember a mistake I made. I put in the chocolate with the sugar when making fudge and it came out like a rock. We had to break it with a hammer to eat it.
today i almost set my toaster on fire by putting in some delicious bread it started smoking really hard idk what happened but the alarm went off
today i almost set my toaster on fire by putting in some delicious bread it started smoking really hard idk what happened but the alarm went off
Well, my family used to have a rice cooker that ha this metal rim. One day, I walk past said rice cooker and burn my right arm by grazing the metal rim.

I've undercooked ramen several times.

Burnt waffles because I left the heat setting on the toaster at 6.
Well, my family used to have a rice cooker that ha this metal rim. One day, I walk past said rice cooker and burn my right arm by grazing the metal rim.

I've undercooked ramen several times.

Burnt waffles because I left the heat setting on the toaster at 6.
uzH5Loo.gifgiratina-origin.gifluxray-f.gifempoleon.gifhaxorus.giftyranitar.gif
Pouring too much batter into the waffle iron and having to furiously clean up the oozey waterfall of batter that poured all over the counter.
Pouring too much batter into the waffle iron and having to furiously clean up the oozey waterfall of batter that poured all over the counter.
Well, uh, today I managed to forget a key ingredient in the process of making ramen noodles. Water.

So yeah, now my house smells faintly of the atrocious stench of burnt noodles, and probably of molten plastic as well (the bowl I cooked it in was ruined). Even my cats were trying to escape it lol
Well, uh, today I managed to forget a key ingredient in the process of making ramen noodles. Water.

So yeah, now my house smells faintly of the atrocious stench of burnt noodles, and probably of molten plastic as well (the bowl I cooked it in was ruined). Even my cats were trying to escape it lol

Someday I'll put something creative here.
My friend and I tried to make homemade mug cakes while her mom was away...and we tried to do it without something? I remember specifically we didn't have one ingredient but I can't remember what it was. Basically, we made them out of whatever ingredients she had in her house at weird measures and they ended up tasting like fish and sponges, so we just dumped a whole ton of nutella in them in an attempt to make them taste slightly better.

Or that other time the same friend and I filmed us making fruit smoothies and we literally grabbed a very underripe banana off a display in her living room, unpeeled it and threw it in

Needless to say, it tasted like grass...
My friend and I tried to make homemade mug cakes while her mom was away...and we tried to do it without something? I remember specifically we didn't have one ingredient but I can't remember what it was. Basically, we made them out of whatever ingredients she had in her house at weird measures and they ended up tasting like fish and sponges, so we just dumped a whole ton of nutella in them in an attempt to make them taste slightly better.

Or that other time the same friend and I filmed us making fruit smoothies and we literally grabbed a very underripe banana off a display in her living room, unpeeled it and threw it in

Needless to say, it tasted like grass...
xEyhnVi.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7