Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Kitchen mistakes You've Made
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Shadowpuff One day I thought it would be a fun idea to bake some apple pastries. The recipe called for a glaze, so I made the glaze and poured it over the uncooked pastries before putting them in the oven. Little did I realize the nightmares a sugar-based glaze would unleash upon that unsuspecting pan...
@Shadowpuff One day I thought it would be a fun idea to bake some apple pastries. The recipe called for a glaze, so I made the glaze and poured it over the uncooked pastries before putting them in the oven. Little did I realize the nightmares a sugar-based glaze would unleash upon that unsuspecting pan...
Odn3PBL.png
Not a food mishap but I once dropped a big kitchen knife and it landed point down and got stuck in the wood floor. I was extremely amused. My mother was not when I finally told her about it years later.
Not a food mishap but I once dropped a big kitchen knife and it landed point down and got stuck in the wood floor. I was extremely amused. My mother was not when I finally told her about it years later.
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
Burning the cable that was connected to the toaster because I put on the wrong stove plate.. woops xD
Burning the cable that was connected to the toaster because I put on the wrong stove plate.. woops xD
I'd woken up early, and I took a long time getting ready to exist. - Bernardo Soares/Fernando Pessoa
I'm still not used to the oven in my apartment, so I keep thinking 400 is 375 because those numbers aren't labeled on the dial for whatever reason
I'm still not used to the oven in my apartment, so I keep thinking 400 is 375 because those numbers aren't labeled on the dial for whatever reason
SO one time I was microwaving one of the macaroni and cheese microwavables. I forgot to put the water in it. I went back to my seat, and I looked over to see a bunch of smoke rising from the microwave. When it got pulled out and put in the sink, it was literally black.

Oops.
SO one time I was microwaving one of the macaroni and cheese microwavables. I forgot to put the water in it. I went back to my seat, and I looked over to see a bunch of smoke rising from the microwave. When it got pulled out and put in the sink, it was literally black.

Oops.
my consistent kitchen mistake is that im allowed to prepare food honestly,,

bUT anyways, i wanted a lil strawberry n marshmallow sandwich, so i got frozen strawberries, white bread and marshmallows, i needed the mallows a lil bit melty and the strawbs to be thawed, so i, a fool, put it in the microwave for a few seconds.

do not microwave that stuff its not the same as thawing please do not

in the end, the only good thing was the marshmallow...
my consistent kitchen mistake is that im allowed to prepare food honestly,,

bUT anyways, i wanted a lil strawberry n marshmallow sandwich, so i got frozen strawberries, white bread and marshmallows, i needed the mallows a lil bit melty and the strawbs to be thawed, so i, a fool, put it in the microwave for a few seconds.

do not microwave that stuff its not the same as thawing please do not

in the end, the only good thing was the marshmallow...
da64ef312bfd4b00d218c14836b871f044bfa0a7.png Marcie | 28 | they/them | current icon dragon! :} e74fe9ca98503e92fc3b7b5bf41fefc156cac0e5.png
Salt

I either add too much or too little of it and my dishes are a mess (mom w u died I didn't learn heck worth of cooking when u lived)
Salt

I either add too much or too little of it and my dishes are a mess (mom w u died I didn't learn heck worth of cooking when u lived)
5xsrc8Y.png
5OBxblq.png
qhK4FYS.png
OuP0IWM.png
3adgzZD.png
mYEe9VI.png
N16btBO.png
tqGkHih.png
I7a1ndF.png
FMoJ9vk.png
w7JsyRl.png
fRmh0SH.png
xBEAdV6.png
A76GHXC.png
J7D1quC.png
awUnQ0L.png
loimysO.png
xuF5IAu.png
I don't know how but I caught my stove on fire while I was pre-heating it. Scariest day of my life.
I don't know how but I caught my stove on fire while I was pre-heating it. Scariest day of my life.
UZVTEBc.png
my entire life
my entire life
Illustration.png
I was in cooking class at school a very long time ago and I wasn't looking at what I was doing
somebody had turned the fire heat all the way up to max and i stuck my hand right into it, touching the metal fire part and everything i got burnt pretty bad but nothing permanent
I was in cooking class at school a very long time ago and I wasn't looking at what I was doing
somebody had turned the fire heat all the way up to max and i stuck my hand right into it, touching the metal fire part and everything i got burnt pretty bad but nothing permanent
1 2 3 4 5 6 7