Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Kitchen mistakes You've Made
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Okay so like...I put in a pumpkin pie in the even at 4:30 today and forgot about it. Until 11:00 and by some miracle it was still okay.

So I wanna know...what are YOUR kitchen mistakes?
Okay so like...I put in a pumpkin pie in the even at 4:30 today and forgot about it. Until 11:00 and by some miracle it was still okay.

So I wanna know...what are YOUR kitchen mistakes?
smaller_sig_doodle.png
My number one screw up is probably that time I used pot holders that I didn't realize weren't totally dry yet to take our Thanksgiving turkey out of the oven only to end up dropping the turkey + the whole dish it was in on the floor out of surprise that my hands were burning.

Slightly smaller mistakes include accidentally using vanilla flavored milk in my mac and cheese instead of the regular milk in the identical container, forgetting to take my cookies out of the oven after I turned it off resulting in them being brick hard, and that time I tried lightly banging a jar of pickles against the counter to loosen up the top only to have the entire jar shatter and send glass shards, pickles, and pickle juice all over me + the floor.

Also, not my mistake, but my mom has a habit of setting the time on the microwave to some outrageously high number and then just stopping it after a minute or two or however long only this one time she went outside for something, got distracted doing yard work and totally forgot about the piece of chicken she was reheating. About an hour later I smell something funny and notice my room is smokey. I follow the smoke to the totally smoke filled kitchen + the microwave which I turned off and then opened to a piece of chicken that was completely charred black. We had to open up the windows and doors to air the house out because of the smell, it was really bad.
My number one screw up is probably that time I used pot holders that I didn't realize weren't totally dry yet to take our Thanksgiving turkey out of the oven only to end up dropping the turkey + the whole dish it was in on the floor out of surprise that my hands were burning.

Slightly smaller mistakes include accidentally using vanilla flavored milk in my mac and cheese instead of the regular milk in the identical container, forgetting to take my cookies out of the oven after I turned it off resulting in them being brick hard, and that time I tried lightly banging a jar of pickles against the counter to loosen up the top only to have the entire jar shatter and send glass shards, pickles, and pickle juice all over me + the floor.

Also, not my mistake, but my mom has a habit of setting the time on the microwave to some outrageously high number and then just stopping it after a minute or two or however long only this one time she went outside for something, got distracted doing yard work and totally forgot about the piece of chicken she was reheating. About an hour later I smell something funny and notice my room is smokey. I follow the smoke to the totally smoke filled kitchen + the microwave which I turned off and then opened to a piece of chicken that was completely charred black. We had to open up the windows and doors to air the house out because of the smell, it was really bad.
tumblr_otyh5kkff31vsg0m1o1_400.png
@Shadowpuff
This wasn't done by me but by my mom, she was heating some leftover barbecue sauce in the microwave and forgot to take the cap off the bottle. For SOME reason she took it out and opened the cap, even though the bottle had a clear bubble in it! It exploded, burned her, burned me, and there are still stains all over our ceiling :)
@Shadowpuff
This wasn't done by me but by my mom, she was heating some leftover barbecue sauce in the microwave and forgot to take the cap off the bottle. For SOME reason she took it out and opened the cap, even though the bottle had a clear bubble in it! It exploded, burned her, burned me, and there are still stains all over our ceiling :)
Tnv9hAT.png JrZGMGx.png
mlHpBMC.png
1YB0OjO.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
Boy, have I got a story for you.

Alright, so the story starts out with my brother and I hanging out at home alone. Our parents were out for a good couple hours, so we decided to cook something. Let me say that my brother is not experienced with this.

I was cooking ramen over the stove, my brother was microwaving spaghetti. I told him not to put a paper towel on top of it, mainly because of me having the fear of the paper towel falling in the flames.

My fear unfortunately came true. We began to freak out before I pulled out a fire extinguisher. My brother made it forcefully close instead of open.. Ugh. The paper towel just disintegrated before it could do the damage.

My parents came home and gave us a good rant, mainly at my brother. We were both at fault, though.. I'm the youngest sibling.
Boy, have I got a story for you.

Alright, so the story starts out with my brother and I hanging out at home alone. Our parents were out for a good couple hours, so we decided to cook something. Let me say that my brother is not experienced with this.

I was cooking ramen over the stove, my brother was microwaving spaghetti. I told him not to put a paper towel on top of it, mainly because of me having the fear of the paper towel falling in the flames.

My fear unfortunately came true. We began to freak out before I pulled out a fire extinguisher. My brother made it forcefully close instead of open.. Ugh. The paper towel just disintegrated before it could do the damage.

My parents came home and gave us a good rant, mainly at my brother. We were both at fault, though.. I'm the youngest sibling.
@Arinna

Oh my god those are all horrible! I'm glad you're okay though! Some of these stories are honestly cracking me. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

@VENNY

Oh my god! I hope you guys were okay that would have scared the crap out of me. In otherwords, there's a stain on our vaulted cielings from a black cherry where my brother was throwing them. It still looks like our ceiling/wall is bleeding

@atomicApplejuice

I once put a towel in the microwave to warm it for my hip, but forgot to get it damp first. The towel burst into flames so I threw it in the sink. We're down a towel.
@Arinna

Oh my god those are all horrible! I'm glad you're okay though! Some of these stories are honestly cracking me. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

@VENNY

Oh my god! I hope you guys were okay that would have scared the crap out of me. In otherwords, there's a stain on our vaulted cielings from a black cherry where my brother was throwing them. It still looks like our ceiling/wall is bleeding

@atomicApplejuice

I once put a towel in the microwave to warm it for my hip, but forgot to get it damp first. The towel burst into flames so I threw it in the sink. We're down a towel.
smaller_sig_doodle.png
I left an egg roll in the oven for about six hours.

When I took it out it looked fine, but when I finally managed to cut open the cement skin, everything inside was literally charred. It was just.... ash.

There was probably a fire inside of it but the shell was so processed and fake that it contained the entire thing.
I left an egg roll in the oven for about six hours.

When I took it out it looked fine, but when I finally managed to cut open the cement skin, everything inside was literally charred. It was just.... ash.

There was probably a fire inside of it but the shell was so processed and fake that it contained the entire thing.
@Shadowpuff
Yeesh.. That's awful. Hope you didn't get in trouble too much, especially since this was for your hip. I'm sure you managed to find another towel to get for your hip?
@Shadowpuff
Yeesh.. That's awful. Hope you didn't get in trouble too much, especially since this was for your hip. I'm sure you managed to find another towel to get for your hip?
Pancakes without baking powder. Enough said.
Pancakes without baking powder. Enough said.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
@goji

to date this is still my fave kitchen mishap of yours. I think about it a lot. How on EARTH did the outside look so okay!

@atomicapplejuice

Yeah we got more towels. I even still have this towel. I'll post a picture of it if I can find it. We use it to polish stuff now. I have an actual rice tube for my hip now!
@goji

to date this is still my fave kitchen mishap of yours. I think about it a lot. How on EARTH did the outside look so okay!

@atomicapplejuice

Yeah we got more towels. I even still have this towel. I'll post a picture of it if I can find it. We use it to polish stuff now. I have an actual rice tube for my hip now!
smaller_sig_doodle.png
I KNOW IT LOOKED SO PERFECT AND GOLDEN BROWN.....

but inside was just sadness.
I KNOW IT LOOKED SO PERFECT AND GOLDEN BROWN.....

but inside was just sadness.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7