Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | *clears throat* Hello, hello - DOMINANCE
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 21
GreyKite
Daendereth

You got the point. GreyKite, I too worry about dramallamas. Last time we desided randomly push against Plague and lost, it was all over the Tumblr and there was a lot of talking about how we in Ice hate Plague becouse we tried to take dominance from them and make their raffle useless. When actually we respect Plague quite much.

Daendereth, I think there is disadvantage both flights. Having holiday right before and right after this is quite disadvantage. Right before, they just had a raffle and exhausted their resourses. Right after... Well, they have to think about how hard they want to push and how much effort to put in raffle, since they have their holiday coming near.

All in all, this would be best it it takes place on no holiday month, but there is a year till next no holiday month...
GreyKite
Daendereth

You got the point. GreyKite, I too worry about dramallamas. Last time we desided randomly push against Plague and lost, it was all over the Tumblr and there was a lot of talking about how we in Ice hate Plague becouse we tried to take dominance from them and make their raffle useless. When actually we respect Plague quite much.

Daendereth, I think there is disadvantage both flights. Having holiday right before and right after this is quite disadvantage. Right before, they just had a raffle and exhausted their resourses. Right after... Well, they have to think about how hard they want to push and how much effort to put in raffle, since they have their holiday coming near.

All in all, this would be best it it takes place on no holiday month, but there is a year till next no holiday month...
@Jumanji should I poke around Earth to see if they're up for the battle royale? And if they're up for the challenge of going in with fatigue?

One thing about this though,it has to happen before another registration window opens. I was told that during the September registration, Earth unintentionally took dominance while Shadow was pushing for it, because the numbers went a bit nuts from the newcomers.
@Jumanji should I poke around Earth to see if they're up for the battle royale? And if they're up for the challenge of going in with fatigue?

One thing about this though,it has to happen before another registration window opens. I was told that during the September registration, Earth unintentionally took dominance while Shadow was pushing for it, because the numbers went a bit nuts from the newcomers.
[quote name="Chaotic" date="2013-12-09 22:47:35"]Pinging @Shadowkat, UnseelieCourt, @VioletVixen so you guys can see this. Pass on the pings if there's others we wanna make sure see this here. ^^; But basically the question is this: Are you guys as down for an all-out, all-flight dominance battle? I sure as heck am. [/quote] @Chaotic Oh, wow...this sounds cool. I can't really participate in December with all of the holiday planning I have to do, but I'll cheer everyone on. If it becomes a Thing that happens once a month or every couple of months, I'm definitely up for power leveling another time.
Chaotic wrote on 2013-12-09 22:47:35:
Pinging @Shadowkat, UnseelieCourt, @VioletVixen so you guys can see this. Pass on the pings if there's others we wanna make sure see this here. ^^; But basically the question is this: Are you guys as down for an all-out, all-flight dominance battle? I sure as heck am.

@Chaotic

Oh, wow...this sounds cool. I can't really participate in December with all of the holiday planning I have to do, but I'll cheer everyone on. If it becomes a Thing that happens once a month or every couple of months, I'm definitely up for power leveling another time.
You can't outrun the darkness.
@GreyKite

Drama mongers can easily be ignored. I don't think we should not do it because a few people might be bad sports or try to figure out a way to start unnecessary drama. lol

@Valthecon

I was thinking that it would some time in 2014 rather than trying to rush and cram it into this month. It would take a couple of months to get all set up. I think the middle of February would be fun.

@Fastidia

There's time to do it before elemental holiday's though. I think the whole point is to just have everyone try and not worry about who else is pushing minus when it's a holiday for one week.

@WildWolfram

Yeah, that'd be great! Can you ask how the flight feels about trying early Feb?
@GreyKite

Drama mongers can easily be ignored. I don't think we should not do it because a few people might be bad sports or try to figure out a way to start unnecessary drama. lol

@Valthecon

I was thinking that it would some time in 2014 rather than trying to rush and cram it into this month. It would take a couple of months to get all set up. I think the middle of February would be fun.

@Fastidia

There's time to do it before elemental holiday's though. I think the whole point is to just have everyone try and not worry about who else is pushing minus when it's a holiday for one week.

@WildWolfram

Yeah, that'd be great! Can you ask how the flight feels about trying early Feb?
I think this would be super fun! It would probably clear out dominance pushes from any flights for about a month around it, since no one's going to want to push when they're saving up for all-flight, and then everyone will be waiting to gather up resources again. But it would certainly be fun. In February or March, maybe?
I think this would be super fun! It would probably clear out dominance pushes from any flights for about a month around it, since no one's going to want to push when they're saving up for all-flight, and then everyone will be waiting to gather up resources again. But it would certainly be fun. In February or March, maybe?
tumblr_inline_nfx4qesxHc1r6zydg.png
@Jumanji @Darksilverhawk Shadow's holiday is in February, so as long as we can do this in a way that lets us have our fun in the all-flight duke-em-out and also (hopefully) get our dominance during our holiday as all the other flights have gotten to, I'm pretty sure you can count the Shadow flight in. ^^;
@Jumanji @Darksilverhawk Shadow's holiday is in February, so as long as we can do this in a way that lets us have our fun in the all-flight duke-em-out and also (hopefully) get our dominance during our holiday as all the other flights have gotten to, I'm pretty sure you can count the Shadow flight in. ^^;
Okay ideas I like so far:

1. Go ahead and have a 'trial' run of it and see how it goes. When we do this we also make sure that we all agree to not compete for dominance during the following Elemental Holiday week so that the Flight gets Dominance for their holiday week.

2. If it works out and lots of people really enjoy we make it an annual thing to do during December. It could be like a End of the Year cleaning spree for the entire site. XD

If we do this maybe we need to make sure people understand that ALL of the Flights are joining in (if they want to) and this is a FUN competition that is purely voluntary. We want it to be an exciting time for everyone so complaints and whining are just not something we want added to this experience. We of course won't be able to keep out all the whining and complaints, that would be impossible. If the Mods (or at least one) was keeping an eye on the thread (which brings up another thought I'll get to later) they could patrol it and make sure things stay fairly calm.

Other thought... About the thread. Would we have one big thread and the first 13 or so posts would be one from every Flight? (And if you are worried about the order everyone MUST be in then just use the order of the first 13 dragons on the site.) ;)
OR... would each Flight have their own thread? (I'm thinking this would be easiest to keep up with personally.) And, if we are doing an 'In-Flight' Raffle on the Public Forums this would definitely help the people keeping track of things. I suggest everyone do some sort of Raffle to encourage your own Flight members. Whether you want to have the Raffle listed in the Public Forums or only post the amount of dragons Exalted is the next question with that.

Also, do we want to limit all the bragging and stuff that comes after? Sometimes it does annoy me personally when it goes on and on and ON and ON. Yes I know you won. Congratz. Can we please stop talking about it 5 months later? :P

Alright... sorry I wrote a novel. XD I was only planning on adding a couple of things and then my fingers just wouldn't stop. O_O *snuggles*
Okay ideas I like so far:

1. Go ahead and have a 'trial' run of it and see how it goes. When we do this we also make sure that we all agree to not compete for dominance during the following Elemental Holiday week so that the Flight gets Dominance for their holiday week.

2. If it works out and lots of people really enjoy we make it an annual thing to do during December. It could be like a End of the Year cleaning spree for the entire site. XD

If we do this maybe we need to make sure people understand that ALL of the Flights are joining in (if they want to) and this is a FUN competition that is purely voluntary. We want it to be an exciting time for everyone so complaints and whining are just not something we want added to this experience. We of course won't be able to keep out all the whining and complaints, that would be impossible. If the Mods (or at least one) was keeping an eye on the thread (which brings up another thought I'll get to later) they could patrol it and make sure things stay fairly calm.

Other thought... About the thread. Would we have one big thread and the first 13 or so posts would be one from every Flight? (And if you are worried about the order everyone MUST be in then just use the order of the first 13 dragons on the site.) ;)
OR... would each Flight have their own thread? (I'm thinking this would be easiest to keep up with personally.) And, if we are doing an 'In-Flight' Raffle on the Public Forums this would definitely help the people keeping track of things. I suggest everyone do some sort of Raffle to encourage your own Flight members. Whether you want to have the Raffle listed in the Public Forums or only post the amount of dragons Exalted is the next question with that.

Also, do we want to limit all the bragging and stuff that comes after? Sometimes it does annoy me personally when it goes on and on and ON and ON. Yes I know you won. Congratz. Can we please stop talking about it 5 months later? :P

Alright... sorry I wrote a novel. XD I was only planning on adding a couple of things and then my fingers just wouldn't stop. O_O *snuggles*
Banner---Signature-MJ_zpsa6a183fa.png
This would be pretty nice, I like the idea c:
I'd love to see what happens if every flight tries for dominance at once, without having any raffles or such.

I'm sure it would be fun having for once a competition of all flights at the same time :)
This would be pretty nice, I like the idea c:
I'd love to see what happens if every flight tries for dominance at once, without having any raffles or such.

I'm sure it would be fun having for once a competition of all flights at the same time :)
ShDdjsG.gif ---
H I D D E N • S A N C T U M
pV7y7eJ.png
"I circle around God, around the ancient tower,
and I have circled for thousands of years ..."
This would be a lot of fun, but how would we figure out the dates? It would give me a reason to exalt things
This would be a lot of fun, but how would we figure out the dates? It would give me a reason to exalt things
Well to figure out dates we can set up a Poll for everyone to vote when they would like to try for it. Have a few dates picked out to vote on with a write in option.

Also, if we decide to do the Annual thing we'd need to decide what week would be the best for that. Yet again, we could vote on that. ;)

Place to make good Polls at: http://www.poll-maker.com/
Well to figure out dates we can set up a Poll for everyone to vote when they would like to try for it. Have a few dates picked out to vote on with a write in option.

Also, if we decide to do the Annual thing we'd need to decide what week would be the best for that. Yet again, we could vote on that. ;)

Place to make good Polls at: http://www.poll-maker.com/
Banner---Signature-MJ_zpsa6a183fa.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 21