Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Kids (kind of a rant)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="MadisonFae" date=2016-10-23 22:22:07]After reading a few stories- doctors shouldn't be able to say "I can't sterilize you because I think you'll change your mind." It's your body, and doctors being able to refuse because of their predicaments about you is disgusting.[/quote] The worst part of this is that nobody ever tells a young woman who wants kids that she might change her mind. And when she does - too bad, you got yourself into that situation, you gotta deal with it. It's the same with sterilizations. If you regret it later - it was your decision, it's your problem now. But we're denied being considered adults who know they're responsible for their own mistakes.
MadisonFae wrote on 2016-10-23:
After reading a few stories- doctors shouldn't be able to say "I can't sterilize you because I think you'll change your mind." It's your body, and doctors being able to refuse because of their predicaments about you is disgusting.
The worst part of this is that nobody ever tells a young woman who wants kids that she might change her mind. And when she does - too bad, you got yourself into that situation, you gotta deal with it.
It's the same with sterilizations. If you regret it later - it was your decision, it's your problem now. But we're denied being considered adults who know they're responsible for their own mistakes.
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
Oh god I will never have kids, not my thing and never will be. One pregnancy was enough of an body wrecking experience as it is. All of my female relatives and random people keep telling me that "you'll change your mind just wait ;))) Every woman must have at least one kid in their life." I just don't get that whole train of thought. Too bad I ain't a woman either, but that's another coffin of bodies I can't open in front of anyone unless if I want to be crucified.

I have never seen babies as cute or "something sweet, must love and protect" I see them as massive annoyance, and I feel physically disgusted when I'm forced to being near one. Same with kids under the age of 8. I just can't tolerate being near any of them. No I will not act like an a-hole when near them, I will be polite and as nice as any sensible human being, but deep down I do not enjoy any of it.
Oh god I will never have kids, not my thing and never will be. One pregnancy was enough of an body wrecking experience as it is. All of my female relatives and random people keep telling me that "you'll change your mind just wait ;))) Every woman must have at least one kid in their life." I just don't get that whole train of thought. Too bad I ain't a woman either, but that's another coffin of bodies I can't open in front of anyone unless if I want to be crucified.

I have never seen babies as cute or "something sweet, must love and protect" I see them as massive annoyance, and I feel physically disgusted when I'm forced to being near one. Same with kids under the age of 8. I just can't tolerate being near any of them. No I will not act like an a-hole when near them, I will be polite and as nice as any sensible human being, but deep down I do not enjoy any of it.
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
Another trans guy here, I guess that alone explains a lot :s

I get it a lot from older relatives, and they've somehow roped my TEN YEAR OLD BROTHER into it... I've not heard anyone say it for a while but I'll probably get some of that and some of "I can't believe you're (x age)" and some of "exams this year?" when I go away to see relatives on my dad's side for my great-granny and grandad's wedding anniversary. I don't see them often.

I'm pretty much asexual and aromantic, I think, I also really don't like the thought of doing it even for pleasure. I don't see the point. I'm not a big fan of kids either, my sister is nine and she still whines for everything. I can tolerate my cousins, they aren't like that even though they're younger, and they usually play amongst themselves anyway, I'm rarely roped into it anymore unless my little cousin with Down's brings his ball to me but he's alright. He's quiet. I really hated my last year of primary school though, the primary sevens at the school I went to had to go outside early for break once every couple of weeks to look after the youngest kids in the school. 5, 6, 7 year olds. Some of them were alright but a lot of them were pretty annoying. I don't really like noisy things in general, one of my dogs seems to like barking for no reason and it annoys me, I like my other dog better (I know, favouritism is bad) because he's quiet and all he really wants is to be cuddled. The cats are quiet, I like them. I'll probably end up as some crazy cat man with maybe a rescue dog and a snake when I'm older xD
Another trans guy here, I guess that alone explains a lot :s

I get it a lot from older relatives, and they've somehow roped my TEN YEAR OLD BROTHER into it... I've not heard anyone say it for a while but I'll probably get some of that and some of "I can't believe you're (x age)" and some of "exams this year?" when I go away to see relatives on my dad's side for my great-granny and grandad's wedding anniversary. I don't see them often.

I'm pretty much asexual and aromantic, I think, I also really don't like the thought of doing it even for pleasure. I don't see the point. I'm not a big fan of kids either, my sister is nine and she still whines for everything. I can tolerate my cousins, they aren't like that even though they're younger, and they usually play amongst themselves anyway, I'm rarely roped into it anymore unless my little cousin with Down's brings his ball to me but he's alright. He's quiet. I really hated my last year of primary school though, the primary sevens at the school I went to had to go outside early for break once every couple of weeks to look after the youngest kids in the school. 5, 6, 7 year olds. Some of them were alright but a lot of them were pretty annoying. I don't really like noisy things in general, one of my dogs seems to like barking for no reason and it annoys me, I like my other dog better (I know, favouritism is bad) because he's quiet and all he really wants is to be cuddled. The cats are quiet, I like them. I'll probably end up as some crazy cat man with maybe a rescue dog and a snake when I'm older xD
cbaa17a5a06daa6a78029fcf8763b4844dd0e1a6.png .
...he/him | FR+8
@Fire lairs - please let me know
if you hatch a mint/ruby/hunter
dragon! I have a mighty need.
....OjYCOIV.png
I never wanted kids, and I am sure I will never have any

I don't mind kids from the age 5-8, if they are well behaved like my cousins who seem to adore me.

But if the kid is a brat, I want nothing to do with the little snot, and I just do not get it with babies, and how people freak out about how "cute" they are. fam they nasty just imo

I never wanted kids, and I am sure I will never have any

I don't mind kids from the age 5-8, if they are well behaved like my cousins who seem to adore me.

But if the kid is a brat, I want nothing to do with the little snot, and I just do not get it with babies, and how people freak out about how "cute" they are. fam they nasty just imo

........ deity_shadowbinder_by_dogi_crimson-da4xq7y.gif tumblr_inline_oqxzzokthn1r2ao8y_540.png
I really just can't tolerate being around children. I don't find them interesting, fun, cute... just annoying and loud. Actually I feel that way about most adults as well. Neither my husband nor I want children. I have no internal ticking clock, no smothering need to burden us with them either. I'm 31 and don't see my mind changing at all. I did get the Essure procedure done over 5 years ago so I don't have to worry about any unwanted pregnancies in my future.

Besides we have 4 dogs and the way I see it, they are our kids. Way better than human ones. And they are spoiled for sure. I even have holiday stockings for them and they get gifts as well. I suppose if i did have a motherly instinct then it gets used up on them.
I really just can't tolerate being around children. I don't find them interesting, fun, cute... just annoying and loud. Actually I feel that way about most adults as well. Neither my husband nor I want children. I have no internal ticking clock, no smothering need to burden us with them either. I'm 31 and don't see my mind changing at all. I did get the Essure procedure done over 5 years ago so I don't have to worry about any unwanted pregnancies in my future.

Besides we have 4 dogs and the way I see it, they are our kids. Way better than human ones. And they are spoiled for sure. I even have holiday stockings for them and they get gifts as well. I suppose if i did have a motherly instinct then it gets used up on them.
Mwff8lj.png
I wish people would realize that they don't have control over anybody's decisions. If someone doesn't want kids, then nobody has any say in that except for the person who doesn't want kids.

I myself don't want kids. They're loud, annoying, disgusting, and you'd have to have a lot of time and money to raise them

But still, don't try and act like you have control over someone else's body. It's their body, let them do whatever they want with it.

I would love to trade my fertility with someone who's infertile and wants to have a baby. No periods? Yes please. Their happiness? Yes please.
I wish people would realize that they don't have control over anybody's decisions. If someone doesn't want kids, then nobody has any say in that except for the person who doesn't want kids.

I myself don't want kids. They're loud, annoying, disgusting, and you'd have to have a lot of time and money to raise them

But still, don't try and act like you have control over someone else's body. It's their body, let them do whatever they want with it.

I would love to trade my fertility with someone who's infertile and wants to have a baby. No periods? Yes please. Their happiness? Yes please.
Lichtdrache.gif
@VermilionInk [quote]But my family and friends don't realize that and I don't want to tell them about my phobia because they'll probably think it's abnormal, or worse, treatable. I wish there was a movement to make people realize that there are lots of women out there like me. [/quote] This movement exists and is quite popular! According to [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voluntary_childlessness]Wikipedia[/url]: [quote]The National Center of Health Statistics confirms that the percentage of American women of childbearing age who define themselves as childfree (or voluntarily childless) rose sharply in the 1990s—from 2.4 percent in 1982 to 4.3 percent in 1990 to [b]6.6 percent in 1995[/b].[/quote] Even if these numbers aren't high enough for your friends and family, please remember they have no say regarding what you do with your own body! You don't owe them an explanation. You don't owe them a good reason not to have kids. If they try to call any of your choices "abnormal" or say you should be "treated" (without any medical evidence to support their claim), this is abusive of them and you have every right to shut them up. Like, this is no joke, this is microaggression at best and reproductive coercion at worst. Of course your safety comes first and if you're scared to come out as childfree, you don't have to take the risk. At least, if you're a minor and your parents have the legal right to "treat" you against your will, I'm sure any competent doctor knows about the childfree movement and will be on your side. But even if you're an independent adult, this conversation may not be pleasant. But. Just take care and remember you have the right not to be abused, OK?
@VermilionInk
Quote:
But my family and friends don't realize that and I don't want to tell them about my phobia because they'll probably think it's abnormal, or worse, treatable. I wish there was a movement to make people realize that there are lots of women out there like me.
This movement exists and is quite popular! According to Wikipedia:
Quote:
The National Center of Health Statistics confirms that the percentage of American women of childbearing age who define themselves as childfree (or voluntarily childless) rose sharply in the 1990s—from 2.4 percent in 1982 to 4.3 percent in 1990 to 6.6 percent in 1995.
Even if these numbers aren't high enough for your friends and family, please remember they have no say regarding what you do with your own body! You don't owe them an explanation. You don't owe them a good reason not to have kids. If they try to call any of your choices "abnormal" or say you should be "treated" (without any medical evidence to support their claim), this is abusive of them and you have every right to shut them up. Like, this is no joke, this is microaggression at best and reproductive coercion at worst.

Of course your safety comes first and if you're scared to come out as childfree, you don't have to take the risk. At least, if you're a minor and your parents have the legal right to "treat" you against your will, I'm sure any competent doctor knows about the childfree movement and will be on your side. But even if you're an independent adult, this conversation may not be pleasant. But. Just take care and remember you have the right not to be abused, OK?
Pings are cool!

It's @sqld,
with a lowercase
L, not @sqid.
--- Money-making guide

Cycled items guide

G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
--
92N6u9f.png
Thank you... My mom says the same thing.
"Oh, I uses to say the same thing, now look at me!"... Yeah, thanks for giving me more and all, but I assure you I won't be having any children of my own... Ever!

Like I hate children. They annoy me to my wit's end... I can't stand to be around then for more than an hour,even that's pushing it!
Thank you... My mom says the same thing.
"Oh, I uses to say the same thing, now look at me!"... Yeah, thanks for giving me more and all, but I assure you I won't be having any children of my own... Ever!

Like I hate children. They annoy me to my wit's end... I can't stand to be around then for more than an hour,even that's pushing it!
tumblr_inline_nzzpbdkauA1tgoz4u_500.gif
[quote name="Kyotosorae" date=2016-10-24 06:26:16] Oh god I will never have kids, not my thing and never will be. One pregnancy was enough of an body wrecking experience as it is. All of my female relatives and random people keep telling me that "you'll change your mind just wait ;))) Every woman must have at least one kid in their life." I just don't get that whole train of thought. Too bad I ain't a woman either, but that's another coffin of bodies I can't open in front of anyone unless if I want to be crucified. I have never seen babies as cute or "something sweet, must love and protect" I see them as massive annoyance, and I feel physically disgusted when I'm forced to being near one. Same with kids under the age of 8. I just can't tolerate being near any of them. No I will not act like an a-hole when near them, I will be polite and as nice as any sensible human being, but deep down I do not enjoy any of it. [/quote] Sooooooooo uh were you pregnant or not...? I'm confused..
Kyotosorae wrote on 2016-10-24:

Sooooooooo uh were you pregnant or not...? I'm confused..
hMhI9My.pngtumblr_inline_n6kdumWg7l1qlye38.giftumblr_inline_nnfbypqwbO1qlye38_500.giftumblr_inline_n6kdumWg7l1qlye38.gifhMhI9My.png
Kids (or rather, the idea of making my own) freak me out. Being responsible for the physical and emotional well-being of a child? No thanks! Too scary! Besides, you have to dedicate your whole life to your kids if you have them, and I'd rather focus my life on myself.

As well, I remember how ****** I was during puberty - I don't want to be on the receiving end of that!
Kids (or rather, the idea of making my own) freak me out. Being responsible for the physical and emotional well-being of a child? No thanks! Too scary! Besides, you have to dedicate your whole life to your kids if you have them, and I'd rather focus my life on myself.

As well, I remember how ****** I was during puberty - I don't want to be on the receiving end of that!
pyrrha_zpsd3b32623.giffire_banner.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10