Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Kids (kind of a rant)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="Nineteen" date=2016-10-22 15:49:23]I just find it amazing that someone thinks they are so incapable of controlling their emotions that they readily agree murder would be the end result. Reminds me of the kind of people who torment and abuse animals.[/quote] It's better if you KNOW there's a good chance you will react like that and decide to not get yourself in that situation, instead of finding out the hard way. And I can tell you from the experience of what you would call a "psychologically disturbed" person that there's a very big difference between annoyed and driven far beyond your limits. I'd take honest responses over appropriate ones any day when innocent lives may be at risk.
Nineteen wrote on 2016-10-22:
I just find it amazing that someone thinks they are so incapable of controlling their emotions that they readily agree murder would be the end result. Reminds me of the kind of people who torment and abuse animals.
It's better if you KNOW there's a good chance you will react like that and decide to not get yourself in that situation, instead of finding out the hard way. And I can tell you from the experience of what you would call a "psychologically disturbed" person that there's a very big difference between annoyed and driven far beyond your limits.

I'd take honest responses over appropriate ones any day when innocent lives may be at risk.
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
@nineteen
Dude I have self control issues when in stressful situations isn't that apparent
It has to be a long term situation too like I know my limits and can deal with annoyances, I mean having a child is a HUGE commitment and it is both a huge stress on the body and mental health for even a regular person which has led me to the conclusion that months of broken sleep, screaming and mess will be too much for me to cope with
At least I'm honest about it and am avoiding getting into a situation where I know there will be an awful end result, I know I turn into a disgusting and violent person when I go past my breaking point and therefor I do not get myself into situations where that is a possibility
Not everyone is exactly like you, some people struggle with certain things
@nineteen
Dude I have self control issues when in stressful situations isn't that apparent
It has to be a long term situation too like I know my limits and can deal with annoyances, I mean having a child is a HUGE commitment and it is both a huge stress on the body and mental health for even a regular person which has led me to the conclusion that months of broken sleep, screaming and mess will be too much for me to cope with
At least I'm honest about it and am avoiding getting into a situation where I know there will be an awful end result, I know I turn into a disgusting and violent person when I go past my breaking point and therefor I do not get myself into situations where that is a possibility
Not everyone is exactly like you, some people struggle with certain things
QZRMy.gif5rsP7.gif7A9On.gifEATfP.gif
@xSilverMoonx
Please take your discussion to messages, I do not want this thread to be removed.
@xSilverMoonx
Please take your discussion to messages, I do not want this thread to be removed.
100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png
@vermillionink Ugh I feel this so much. I don't have a phobia of pregnancy, but I'm terrified of the notion of a pregnancy gone wrong- whether it be for me or the baby. In addition, I really just. don't want to raise a kid in this society. Also, I'm on the Autism spectrum, And the thought of being able to pass that down to a child is really disconcerting; I'd rather avoid it, because it makes life about 10x harder than it should be.

I have like, somewhat of a maternal instinct, but it is by no means 'baby fever'. I don't want to be pregnant, or have a kid, and I despise babies, but I'd be ok with being somebody's alternative maternal figure/mentor - in fact, I'd love it. I just want to care for somebody who needs to be cared for, and make a difference in their life if they need it, you know? I'm lowkey the mom friend. It's what I do. And imo I don't need to have a baby to do it.

Also, I want to actually do things with my life. I look at the prospect of 'Settling down' and it scares me. I lived in the same town , in the same house, for all my life up until very recently. For a lot of people, that may be ideal, but I've always had a lust for travel. and I feel like 'settling down' would leave me grounded in one place forever. And that frightens me. I may have been conditioned to be like this due to the fact that I'd pretty much always hated the place I grew up in, so I fear it happening all over again, but still. I wanna see the world, I want the opportunity to experience different communities, live in different environments, etc.

And UGH I relate so hard to the friends and family thing. My mom says "I said that too until [insert some reason that has currently escaped my mind]". My grandma says I'll become selfish If i never have a kid(s) (though if i'm not mistaken, anybody, parent or not, can become selfish from a plethora of other things.). And everyone else asks why I don't like babies. In fact, when my teacher told a classmate that I hated babies, they were like "what? why?! she's a girl!" It gets sOOOOO annoying and I just want to scream. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one lmao. As of late, it's been hard finding anyone who understands.

@vermillionink Ugh I feel this so much. I don't have a phobia of pregnancy, but I'm terrified of the notion of a pregnancy gone wrong- whether it be for me or the baby. In addition, I really just. don't want to raise a kid in this society. Also, I'm on the Autism spectrum, And the thought of being able to pass that down to a child is really disconcerting; I'd rather avoid it, because it makes life about 10x harder than it should be.

I have like, somewhat of a maternal instinct, but it is by no means 'baby fever'. I don't want to be pregnant, or have a kid, and I despise babies, but I'd be ok with being somebody's alternative maternal figure/mentor - in fact, I'd love it. I just want to care for somebody who needs to be cared for, and make a difference in their life if they need it, you know? I'm lowkey the mom friend. It's what I do. And imo I don't need to have a baby to do it.

Also, I want to actually do things with my life. I look at the prospect of 'Settling down' and it scares me. I lived in the same town , in the same house, for all my life up until very recently. For a lot of people, that may be ideal, but I've always had a lust for travel. and I feel like 'settling down' would leave me grounded in one place forever. And that frightens me. I may have been conditioned to be like this due to the fact that I'd pretty much always hated the place I grew up in, so I fear it happening all over again, but still. I wanna see the world, I want the opportunity to experience different communities, live in different environments, etc.

And UGH I relate so hard to the friends and family thing. My mom says "I said that too until [insert some reason that has currently escaped my mind]". My grandma says I'll become selfish If i never have a kid(s) (though if i'm not mistaken, anybody, parent or not, can become selfish from a plethora of other things.). And everyone else asks why I don't like babies. In fact, when my teacher told a classmate that I hated babies, they were like "what? why?! she's a girl!" It gets sOOOOO annoying and I just want to scream. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one lmao. As of late, it's been hard finding anyone who understands.

Zoo | 24 | +3 Hrs
Bio Templates
Fandragons
Uae529o.png
I can relate to pretty much everything you just said. Aside from the monetary and time commitment, I have some inheritable illnesses that I would feel terrible passing on to my child. There's always adoption but...eh I dunno. I wouldn't want to raise a kid if I wasn't 100% committed to the idea, for their sake more than anything.

In the end it's your life and you have the ultimate say in how you live it. Do what makes you happy! :D
I can relate to pretty much everything you just said. Aside from the monetary and time commitment, I have some inheritable illnesses that I would feel terrible passing on to my child. There's always adoption but...eh I dunno. I wouldn't want to raise a kid if I wasn't 100% committed to the idea, for their sake more than anything.

In the end it's your life and you have the ultimate say in how you live it. Do what makes you happy! :D
Mato | Blue Blue Glass Moon
@vermillionInk same. I have tokophobia too. I actually REALLY don't like children though, not even at a distance, so the urge to deal with them is even less. Children gross me out so much.
I have all the patience in the world for animals but if a child does the same thing- attention seeking, whining, getting in the way- I'm just like NOPE and immediately am irritated.
Having a child is a huge commitment and one that you can't take back if you regret it a year or so down the line. I would mess up any kid I had to raise- I have no intention of continuing the cycle of abuse I was raised in & I also have some funky genetics no kid needs, so I'll stick with pets.

@vermillionInk same. I have tokophobia too. I actually REALLY don't like children though, not even at a distance, so the urge to deal with them is even less. Children gross me out so much.
I have all the patience in the world for animals but if a child does the same thing- attention seeking, whining, getting in the way- I'm just like NOPE and immediately am irritated.
Having a child is a huge commitment and one that you can't take back if you regret it a year or so down the line. I would mess up any kid I had to raise- I have no intention of continuing the cycle of abuse I was raised in & I also have some funky genetics no kid needs, so I'll stick with pets.

I mean, I'm actually pretty good with babies, as I have a little brother of my own.. At least, he used to be little. Despite this, having my own children doesn't seem appealing, I'd rather have a pet, either a cat, dog or bird.
I mean, I'm actually pretty good with babies, as I have a little brother of my own.. At least, he used to be little. Despite this, having my own children doesn't seem appealing, I'd rather have a pet, either a cat, dog or bird.
CxEBf1c.png xx lark
he/him
+2 fr time
x
There's a pretty sizeable demographic of people who are purposefully childless already, and I'd say a significant portion of millennials will keep going down that path. I refuse to pass on my crummy genes and right now I just want to keep my money for things my husband and I enjoy. If I ever have a kid, it'll be adopted.
There's a pretty sizeable demographic of people who are purposefully childless already, and I'd say a significant portion of millennials will keep going down that path. I refuse to pass on my crummy genes and right now I just want to keep my money for things my husband and I enjoy. If I ever have a kid, it'll be adopted.
tumblr_inline_nfx5micmyj1r6zydg.png
As an asexual, everything from how the baby gets into you in the first place all the way up until the kid moves out, I agree wholeheartedly.

Except I like kids, as long as I don't get stuck with them for ages.
As an asexual, everything from how the baby gets into you in the first place all the way up until the kid moves out, I agree wholeheartedly.

Except I like kids, as long as I don't get stuck with them for ages.
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
I agree. I never want kids. They're just walking disasters. All they do is cry and be demanding. I don't want to spend millions of dollars on this walking gremlin that isn't going to be of any help to anyone ever. All kids are are problems.
I agree. I never want kids. They're just walking disasters. All they do is cry and be demanding. I don't want to spend millions of dollars on this walking gremlin that isn't going to be of any help to anyone ever. All kids are are problems.
IMG_8704.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10