Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Kids (kind of a rant)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@VermilionInk Don't worry, you aren't alone. Personally, I'm okay with other people's children (as long as they aren't straight up brats) but I am not keen on having to put up with one 24/7. I've already told my parents to look forward to having grandpuppies or turtles, ha.

It's a work in progress, but people have been slowly becoming more aware of what raising a child entails, therefore waiting later in life, or opting out completely of raising one. With me, I feel as though for one, I'm financially incapable and too, I wouldn't be able to deal with the stress. Not to mention the idea of pregnancy makes me...uncomfortable. Admittedly if anything, I would probably *consider* adopting an older kid.

Something to remember considering with kids: it's not the child's fault if their parent has little investment in them so naturally, they act out as their behavior was never corrected in the first place. It's a similar principle when training/teaching animals. If they're not taught, they're never going to learn. :V
@VermilionInk Don't worry, you aren't alone. Personally, I'm okay with other people's children (as long as they aren't straight up brats) but I am not keen on having to put up with one 24/7. I've already told my parents to look forward to having grandpuppies or turtles, ha.

It's a work in progress, but people have been slowly becoming more aware of what raising a child entails, therefore waiting later in life, or opting out completely of raising one. With me, I feel as though for one, I'm financially incapable and too, I wouldn't be able to deal with the stress. Not to mention the idea of pregnancy makes me...uncomfortable. Admittedly if anything, I would probably *consider* adopting an older kid.

Something to remember considering with kids: it's not the child's fault if their parent has little investment in them so naturally, they act out as their behavior was never corrected in the first place. It's a similar principle when training/teaching animals. If they're not taught, they're never going to learn. :V
She/Her

plague_banner.png
+ Pinging OK, Chill, I play to enjoy cute, funny Dergs and admire other's creativity.
I have the same phobia as you, and have also considered steralization. I'm on a very good birth control as well. I hate kids. Like, I really do hate them, and I'd be a terrible parent. I work in retail and so we have kids come in a touch stuff with their sticky hands and scream and sometimes I want to scream back or tell them to control their kids, or just plain kick them out. I'm only 22, but I hate teenagers. I even hated me when I was a teenager. I see them on the streets and I'm like, ugh, what a bunch of punk *** kids, probably going to steal...which is what I'm used to because I see that in my store all the time. I hate small children. I hate them staring at me and I hate them commenting on my five nights at freddy sweatshirt I always wear at work (it says Security on the back in the big letters and I like to think it scares the thiefs). and I HATE when they say, "are you a boy or a girl", and at that point I don't even talk to the parents anymore, I give them more of a "get out now before I hit your child" kind of look. And they understand. They truly do. I look at them for a split second with hell in my eyes and they leave without saying anything.

ANYWAY

I agree. I don't like kids. I don't want them. I can't imagine having them. I'm terrified if I did, I'd end up in jail for hurting them. I know that sounds really bad but I really can't stand kids. So yeah, you are not alone.
I have the same phobia as you, and have also considered steralization. I'm on a very good birth control as well. I hate kids. Like, I really do hate them, and I'd be a terrible parent. I work in retail and so we have kids come in a touch stuff with their sticky hands and scream and sometimes I want to scream back or tell them to control their kids, or just plain kick them out. I'm only 22, but I hate teenagers. I even hated me when I was a teenager. I see them on the streets and I'm like, ugh, what a bunch of punk *** kids, probably going to steal...which is what I'm used to because I see that in my store all the time. I hate small children. I hate them staring at me and I hate them commenting on my five nights at freddy sweatshirt I always wear at work (it says Security on the back in the big letters and I like to think it scares the thiefs). and I HATE when they say, "are you a boy or a girl", and at that point I don't even talk to the parents anymore, I give them more of a "get out now before I hit your child" kind of look. And they understand. They truly do. I look at them for a split second with hell in my eyes and they leave without saying anything.

ANYWAY

I agree. I don't like kids. I don't want them. I can't imagine having them. I'm terrified if I did, I'd end up in jail for hurting them. I know that sounds really bad but I really can't stand kids. So yeah, you are not alone.
tumblr_inline_nbax4xlrxv1qg78ij.png
I seriously think I might be greyrom [if that's the right term? Like there's no way I'd ever fall in love with random people, but then again I've never been attracted to anyone so \('-')/ ] I've never felt any kind of protective instinct over kids but I have for animals, so for me- pets, yes. Babies, heck no. I would much rather take care of an animal than a child, at least they learn quickly (quicker than a baby at least) and I don't need to wipe them after they go to the bathroom. I get so annoyed by babies and small children, they always find a way to drool on or break things. Dogs, cats, fish, etc. are far less work, less expensive, and less noisy than babies or kids (well, birds might be an exception but you get the point). When people show me pictures of babies and tell me they're so cute, I really don't see what they see. I don't want kids, I have zero plans on having kids, and I plain want to be as far away from them as I can possibly be. Like Owlbait I am also on the autistic spectrum- my form makes it very difficult for me to learn about or pay attention to things (especially things I have no interest in) so school and interaction with other people is very difficult for me and I would never want anyone to have to go through the same thing I have to.

All that combined with the fact that I can hardly even take care of myself (I constantly forget to feed myself and need my pets bowls to be in plain sight so I don't forget about them) add to the reasons why I shouldn't be/don't want to be a parent.
I seriously think I might be greyrom [if that's the right term? Like there's no way I'd ever fall in love with random people, but then again I've never been attracted to anyone so \('-')/ ] I've never felt any kind of protective instinct over kids but I have for animals, so for me- pets, yes. Babies, heck no. I would much rather take care of an animal than a child, at least they learn quickly (quicker than a baby at least) and I don't need to wipe them after they go to the bathroom. I get so annoyed by babies and small children, they always find a way to drool on or break things. Dogs, cats, fish, etc. are far less work, less expensive, and less noisy than babies or kids (well, birds might be an exception but you get the point). When people show me pictures of babies and tell me they're so cute, I really don't see what they see. I don't want kids, I have zero plans on having kids, and I plain want to be as far away from them as I can possibly be. Like Owlbait I am also on the autistic spectrum- my form makes it very difficult for me to learn about or pay attention to things (especially things I have no interest in) so school and interaction with other people is very difficult for me and I would never want anyone to have to go through the same thing I have to.

All that combined with the fact that I can hardly even take care of myself (I constantly forget to feed myself and need my pets bowls to be in plain sight so I don't forget about them) add to the reasons why I shouldn't be/don't want to be a parent.
giphy.gif7t6ErvU.jpegmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
I mean I'm not that old so I might change my mind in the future, but for now I don't think I'd want children any time soon. Also I don't really want to share my house with a kid. I kinda need my alone time. Like, a lot of it lol

And I don't have any negative feelings towards kids(though little kids can be annoying sometimes), I do find it really hard to relate to them. Every time I'm near kids it always ends in awkwardness :/

But I guess if I ever do want kids, I'm probably gonna try and adopt to be honest. I don't want to go through pregnancy and there are a lot of kids who need homes.
I mean I'm not that old so I might change my mind in the future, but for now I don't think I'd want children any time soon. Also I don't really want to share my house with a kid. I kinda need my alone time. Like, a lot of it lol

And I don't have any negative feelings towards kids(though little kids can be annoying sometimes), I do find it really hard to relate to them. Every time I'm near kids it always ends in awkwardness :/

But I guess if I ever do want kids, I'm probably gonna try and adopt to be honest. I don't want to go through pregnancy and there are a lot of kids who need homes.
Spr_4p_471_s.png +3 FR time

Ping me if you want me
to see your response
I'm with you man. I absolutely HATE when my mother says 'oh you'll have children' or 'wait until your kids do it'.

Most of the part in my decision though is that my mother, and her mother, and so on, have all been narcissists, and I fear that I might have it too, and I don't want to have children if they'll have to suffer like I have. I absolutely loathe my mother, but at the same time, I fear her so much that if I had the opportunity, I'd move to the other side of the planet. It's the only way I feel like I could escape her. I don't want to have kids because I'm obligated, and then make them suffer like me. If by some weird reason, I wanted to have kids, I wouldn't want them to grow up to both hate and fear me.

Am I the only one here like that? who doesn't want kids because they fear they'll hurt them?
I'm with you man. I absolutely HATE when my mother says 'oh you'll have children' or 'wait until your kids do it'.

Most of the part in my decision though is that my mother, and her mother, and so on, have all been narcissists, and I fear that I might have it too, and I don't want to have children if they'll have to suffer like I have. I absolutely loathe my mother, but at the same time, I fear her so much that if I had the opportunity, I'd move to the other side of the planet. It's the only way I feel like I could escape her. I don't want to have kids because I'm obligated, and then make them suffer like me. If by some weird reason, I wanted to have kids, I wouldn't want them to grow up to both hate and fear me.

Am I the only one here like that? who doesn't want kids because they fear they'll hurt them?
[quote name="MadisonFae" date=2016-10-22 18:13:26] I'm a kid in some people's eyes and I hate kids, and have never (and never will) take up babysitting, teaching, or any other form of childcare. Can I please just be, like, infertile or something? No kids+ no periods = yes please. [/quote] I can't tell you how much I wish I was infertile, but I always feel guilty of that wish bc there are women out there who desperately want their own children but can't. Like, I would gladly trade positions with them if it were possible! [quote name="Thaesda" date=2016-10-22 17:52:04] There's a pretty sizeable demographic of people who are purposefully childless already, and I'd say a significant portion of millennials will keep going down that path. I refuse to pass on my crummy genes and right now I just want to keep my money for things my husband and I enjoy. If I ever have a kid, it'll be adopted. [/quote] I feel ya, I have a few mental disorders that are inheritable that I wouldn't even wish on my worst enemy. Also, I find your statement somewhat funny bc a friend of mine told me about a movie (I don't know the name) where all the people in the future are idiots bc all the smart people aren't having as many kids and all the dumb people are!
MadisonFae wrote on 2016-10-22:
I'm a kid in some people's eyes and I hate kids, and have never (and never will) take up babysitting, teaching, or any other form of childcare. Can I please just be, like, infertile or something? No kids+ no periods = yes please.

I can't tell you how much I wish I was infertile, but I always feel guilty of that wish bc there are women out there who desperately want their own children but can't. Like, I would gladly trade positions with them if it were possible!

Thaesda wrote on 2016-10-22:
There's a pretty sizeable demographic of people who are purposefully childless already, and I'd say a significant portion of millennials will keep going down that path. I refuse to pass on my crummy genes and right now I just want to keep my money for things my husband and I enjoy. If I ever have a kid, it'll be adopted.

I feel ya, I have a few mental disorders that are inheritable that I wouldn't even wish on my worst enemy. Also, I find your statement somewhat funny bc a friend of mine told me about a movie (I don't know the name) where all the people in the future are idiots bc all the smart people aren't having as many kids and all the dumb people are!
100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png
Wow. I'm surprised by how many people on this thread hate children o___o They're just small people really with less life experience. I guess the really young ones tend to act a lot more differently, but they're not really that hard to understand. And there are a lot of adults that act just as entitled and selfish as some children.

Anyways, I also do not want kids. However, I don't hate kids. I actually think I tend to get along with kids better than some adults '___' I always tended to hang out with people younger than me when I was a kid and teen because I liked playing more and wasn't interested in a lot of adult-like stuff. I hated discussions on dating or drugs/alcohol, and I found a lot more adults/teens boring since a lot of fun activities they might have at one point liked became "childish" as an adult. Sometimes they might still have actually liked those things, but a lot of them don't want to discuss them anymore because they feel ashamed. :/

Even though I like kids though I still don't want them, mainly because they take up too much time, energy, and money. Also, there's enough people on this earth already anyways, too many really, so I don't want to add on to that. Pregnancy also sounds pretty horrible so there's that as well. >__>
Wow. I'm surprised by how many people on this thread hate children o___o They're just small people really with less life experience. I guess the really young ones tend to act a lot more differently, but they're not really that hard to understand. And there are a lot of adults that act just as entitled and selfish as some children.

Anyways, I also do not want kids. However, I don't hate kids. I actually think I tend to get along with kids better than some adults '___' I always tended to hang out with people younger than me when I was a kid and teen because I liked playing more and wasn't interested in a lot of adult-like stuff. I hated discussions on dating or drugs/alcohol, and I found a lot more adults/teens boring since a lot of fun activities they might have at one point liked became "childish" as an adult. Sometimes they might still have actually liked those things, but a lot of them don't want to discuss them anymore because they feel ashamed. :/

Even though I like kids though I still don't want them, mainly because they take up too much time, energy, and money. Also, there's enough people on this earth already anyways, too many really, so I don't want to add on to that. Pregnancy also sounds pretty horrible so there's that as well. >__>

I myself love children- which kinda makes me the odd man out here. I'm looking to become a teacher.

It's pregnancy that scares me.

Period cramps are horrid, and from what I hear, that's our body doing small contractions.

Small ones.

If that's a little contraction, WHATS CHILD BIRTH LIKE??

nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope

ADOPTING
I myself love children- which kinda makes me the odd man out here. I'm looking to become a teacher.

Period cramps are horrid, and from what I hear, that's our body doing small contractions.

Small ones.

ADOPTING
zhMvOXK.png
[quote name="TheFeatherMage" date=2016-10-23 15:25:51] I myself love children- which kinda makes me the odd man out here. I'm looking to become a teacher. It's pregnancy that scares me. Period cramps are horrid, and from what I hear, that's our body doing small contractions. Small ones. If that's a little contraction, WHATS CHILD BIRTH LIKE?? nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope ADOPTING [/quote] Same here. I'll probably end up adopting, or just settle for having reptile children.
TheFeatherMage wrote on 2016-10-23:

Small ones.

ADOPTING

Same here. I'll probably end up adopting, or just settle for having reptile children.
og0rGtI.jpg
@SuperNinjaDragon I've never found a child to be lovable or adorable, and I don't even HATE children, just dislike them. -shrugs- Adorable is subjective. I find baby rats adorable, other people don't.
@SuperNinjaDragon I've never found a child to be lovable or adorable, and I don't even HATE children, just dislike them. -shrugs- Adorable is subjective. I find baby rats adorable, other people don't.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10