Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Kids (kind of a rant)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Ugh, I can relate. I feel everything you're saying, but, on top of it all? I'm asexual/aromantic. Don't want to be married or do anything that would create kids. And I want to do science for a living. Kids would mess up my plans.

I like the concept of kids, yknow... imaginative, and all that, im pretty much a big kid myself lol, but...... dont like the way this concept is executed....
Ugh, I can relate. I feel everything you're saying, but, on top of it all? I'm asexual/aromantic. Don't want to be married or do anything that would create kids. And I want to do science for a living. Kids would mess up my plans.

I like the concept of kids, yknow... imaginative, and all that, im pretty much a big kid myself lol, but...... dont like the way this concept is executed....
16453.png16479.png16477.png16454.png
NOTE: my username is quinceLy, not quincy/quincey --- den/lair cleanout!!
the world is overpopulated anyway tbh too
the world is overpopulated anyway tbh too
I know the feeling. However, my family is not quite like that. It is mostly through pupils and coworkers that are like that. Many of them are shocked at the fact that I don't see kids in my near future. Maybe it might be because I am male (transgender) so it is kind of a given that I probably won't biologically have kids, or even have a parental instinct. For some odd reason, life without children is a totally queer concept for many people. I'm not sure why either. I would just ignore it and vent about it when you feel the need to.
I know the feeling. However, my family is not quite like that. It is mostly through pupils and coworkers that are like that. Many of them are shocked at the fact that I don't see kids in my near future. Maybe it might be because I am male (transgender) so it is kind of a given that I probably won't biologically have kids, or even have a parental instinct. For some odd reason, life without children is a totally queer concept for many people. I'm not sure why either. I would just ignore it and vent about it when you feel the need to.
{Puppy} {FR +2} {Goat Lover} {22} {They/Them}
1566865007982.png
I've been there, though for different reasons. My sister however, has a phobia of pregnancy, which makes me sad. Phobias of any kind are horrible.

Because I will not have a romantic or sexual relationship with the opposite sex, I will not have children. The conversation always went like this:

Have boyfriend? y/n >> Have girlfriend? y/n

It was always assumed that I was homosexual. All I can say is that I am not homosexual. I'm something else. I can't even give them a concise reason why. And so, the conclusion is always:

>> Someday you'll find the right person.

No. Your canned response is not helpful or reassuring to me.

Ah, sorry for the rant. However, as @TransBlackSheep suggested, sometimes rant/vent is a good way to go. I wish you (all of you) the best in this matter.
I've been there, though for different reasons. My sister however, has a phobia of pregnancy, which makes me sad. Phobias of any kind are horrible.

Because I will not have a romantic or sexual relationship with the opposite sex, I will not have children. The conversation always went like this:

Have boyfriend? y/n >> Have girlfriend? y/n

It was always assumed that I was homosexual. All I can say is that I am not homosexual. I'm something else. I can't even give them a concise reason why. And so, the conclusion is always:

>> Someday you'll find the right person.

No. Your canned response is not helpful or reassuring to me.

Ah, sorry for the rant. However, as @TransBlackSheep suggested, sometimes rant/vent is a good way to go. I wish you (all of you) the best in this matter.
neutralvs1.pngWVTSPY.pngneutralvs1.png
@Dolokhov
Oh, that's alright! I'm just worried because some people on this thread seem to hate children completely. I'm defending the good kids, hehe.
I find snakes cute. I never saw a rat before, but if I find snakes cute then rats must be too!
@Dolokhov
Oh, that's alright! I'm just worried because some people on this thread seem to hate children completely. I'm defending the good kids, hehe.
I find snakes cute. I never saw a rat before, but if I find snakes cute then rats must be too!
tumblr_opn7kiKzTA1wnxxc9o1_100.pngfT9pA9Y.gifHW6ASYa.png07_SuperNinjaDragon.giftumblr_opn6d7mJiG1wnxxc9o1_100.png
tbh rather adopt. tons of potentially great kids out there who dont get the love they deserve

also the 'we all were children once to' thing is bad argument which sucks.
tbh rather adopt. tons of potentially great kids out there who dont get the love they deserve

also the 'we all were children once to' thing is bad argument which sucks.
[quote name="Luthyx" date=2016-10-23 20:18:25] EDIT: Before anybody attacks me for my rather negative post here, I'd like to make this perfectly clear: everybody is unique and not all kids are the same. Some of them, frankly, are amazing. My post mostly expresses my dislike of the overly loud, noisy kids and why I dislike them so much. I understand that children are overly loud and demanding because they don't know any better, which is why kind and caring parents are required in this world - but that doesn't mean that I am one of them. Again, I do not hate children, I just highly dislike a certain demographic of them. Being an ace/aro female who hasn't made it out of high school, it annoys me greatly when I tell people that I never want kids and they say, "Don't worry, I thought the same thing when I was your age, you'll change your mind." Like eXCUSE ME I'M SORRY THAT YOU WERE RAISED BY PARENTS WHO INSTILLED VALUES IN YOU THAT MADE YOU BELIEVE YOU WERE THE PROTAGONIST AND THAT EVERYBODY THINKS THE EXACT SAME WAY THAT YOU DO. Sigh. There are also a lot of other issues too. All five of my senses are really sensitive for some reason, especially to sound. Almost all of my pet peeves are based on chewing, snoring, sneezing, coughing, screaming, or some other sound. This is not to mention that I get headaches easily when in crowds, and I'm a natural only-child introvert. I absolutely despise children under the mental age of 8 (I say this because I always judge people by how old they are mentally, not physically. Being of a certain age does not immediately mean you suddenly realize something.) because of this, especially considering that they're nothing but attention hogs. It also annoys me that everybody thinks that baby humans are cute. I mean, seriously. They're freaking tubby bobbleheads with annoyingly high-pitched voices, require constant maintenance, and overall forcefully suck the joy out of your life in a matter of days, especially if you're like me and sleep and free time are major factors of your overall happiness. Nope, I'm gonna be a crazy cat lady who decorates her entire house with cats, dragons, and Halloween ornaments and nobody can stop me. Last but not least, pregnancy. I have never seen it as a joy of life at all. Not only is it horrible and cruddy and just overall a pain in the rear, but after nine months, you must go through an incredibly painful and possibly lethal procedure that produces a horrible thing that can drag you into debt and unhappiness and anchor you into your own home due to the high maintenance cost. It has always confused me that people congratulate one another upon learning about people's pregnancy. This is not to mention, as stated above, that I'm ace/aro and have no interest whatsoever in any gender of any sort. The entire method of reproduction... eugh. Cheap pleasure, if you ask me. Go do something that's actually worthwhile! //rant over Sorry for the long rant. This is a topic that I have a lot of strong feelings about. If you'd like to argue with me on it for some inconceivable reason, PM me. [/quote] All of this yes. I physically cannot get pregnant if I do the do Lol sense I am a lesbian, but I agree with all of this. I would rather adopt a kid at a higher age of 10 or above
Luthyx wrote on 2016-10-23:
EDIT: Before anybody attacks me for my rather negative post here, I'd like to make this perfectly clear: everybody is unique and not all kids are the same. Some of them, frankly, are amazing. My post mostly expresses my dislike of the overly loud, noisy kids and why I dislike them so much. I understand that children are overly loud and demanding because they don't know any better, which is why kind and caring parents are required in this world - but that doesn't mean that I am one of them. Again, I do not hate children, I just highly dislike a certain demographic of them.

Being an ace/aro female who hasn't made it out of high school, it annoys me greatly when I tell people that I never want kids and they say, "Don't worry, I thought the same thing when I was your age, you'll change your mind." Like eXCUSE ME I'M SORRY THAT YOU WERE RAISED BY PARENTS WHO INSTILLED VALUES IN YOU THAT MADE YOU BELIEVE YOU WERE THE PROTAGONIST AND THAT EVERYBODY THINKS THE EXACT SAME WAY THAT YOU DO.

Sigh. There are also a lot of other issues too. All five of my senses are really sensitive for some reason, especially to sound. Almost all of my pet peeves are based on chewing, snoring, sneezing, coughing, screaming, or some other sound. This is not to mention that I get headaches easily when in crowds, and I'm a natural only-child introvert. I absolutely despise children under the mental age of 8 (I say this because I always judge people by how old they are mentally, not physically. Being of a certain age does not immediately mean you suddenly realize something.) because of this, especially considering that they're nothing but attention hogs.

It also annoys me that everybody thinks that baby humans are cute. I mean, seriously. They're freaking tubby bobbleheads with annoyingly high-pitched voices, require constant maintenance, and overall forcefully suck the joy out of your life in a matter of days, especially if you're like me and sleep and free time are major factors of your overall happiness. Nope, I'm gonna be a crazy cat lady who decorates her entire house with cats, dragons, and Halloween ornaments and nobody can stop me.

Last but not least, pregnancy. I have never seen it as a joy of life at all. Not only is it horrible and cruddy and just overall a pain in the rear, but after nine months, you must go through an incredibly painful and possibly lethal procedure that produces a horrible thing that can drag you into debt and unhappiness and anchor you into your own home due to the high maintenance cost. It has always confused me that people congratulate one another upon learning about people's pregnancy.

This is not to mention, as stated above, that I'm ace/aro and have no interest whatsoever in any gender of any sort. The entire method of reproduction... eugh. Cheap pleasure, if you ask me. Go do something that's actually worthwhile!

//rant over

Sorry for the long rant. This is a topic that I have a lot of strong feelings about. If you'd like to argue with me on it for some inconceivable reason, PM me.

All of this yes. I physically cannot get pregnant if I do the do Lol sense I am a lesbian, but I agree with all of this. I would rather adopt a kid at a higher age of 10 or above
........ deity_shadowbinder_by_dogi_crimson-da4xq7y.gif tumblr_inline_oqxzzokthn1r2ao8y_540.png
I'm nearly 40 and I've known for at least two decades that I didn't want kids. I've been fitting both anxiety and depression for longer then that and with certain medical issues (including potential unknown ones) I know having a child of my own flesh and blood would not be a good idea. For both my, and the potential kids, well-being.

That said, I have decided that if I ever did want kids, I'd adopt. Too many kids out there needing homes, ya know? Why pop another one out?

Regarding kids themselves. It's hit and miss. In general, the older and more behaved they are the more tolerant I am. If they are screaming and running around like little hellions, I risk having an anxiety attack.

So no, I don't hate kids...if anything I hate irresponsible parents. You know, like the ones I see all too often where the kid is running around, screaming their heads off and annoying everyone within earshot, but the parent is too busy on their phone, or ignoring them otherwise.
I'm nearly 40 and I've known for at least two decades that I didn't want kids. I've been fitting both anxiety and depression for longer then that and with certain medical issues (including potential unknown ones) I know having a child of my own flesh and blood would not be a good idea. For both my, and the potential kids, well-being.

That said, I have decided that if I ever did want kids, I'd adopt. Too many kids out there needing homes, ya know? Why pop another one out?

Regarding kids themselves. It's hit and miss. In general, the older and more behaved they are the more tolerant I am. If they are screaming and running around like little hellions, I risk having an anxiety attack.

So no, I don't hate kids...if anything I hate irresponsible parents. You know, like the ones I see all too often where the kid is running around, screaming their heads off and annoying everyone within earshot, but the parent is too busy on their phone, or ignoring them otherwise.
Any dragon in the 'Fodder Tab' available for sale. Fodder Tab dragons are 10k treasure for adults, 5k treasure for hatchlings. I also have leveled (up to lv 8) dragons in my Hib Den I'm willing to sell for 15k treasure min.
[quote name="Ryodan" date=2016-10-25 01:25:42] I'm still terrified of pregnancy & giving birth but I just have to stay optimistic that everything will go over well...I CAN DO IT. Strong enough to bear the children Then get back to business [/quote] Man I wish I could face my fears like that. You go girl!
Ryodan wrote on 2016-10-25:
I'm still terrified of pregnancy & giving birth but I just have to stay optimistic that everything will go over well...I CAN DO IT.
Strong enough to bear the children
Then get back to business

Man I wish I could face my fears like that. You go girl!
100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png
Ah, same here. I get so much crap when I have to mention that I don't want kids. I've got enough on my plate, and the idea of being responsible for another human life for 18+ years does not sound appealing at all. I wanna live my own life, man... And that's difficult enough!

I'll be in my upper 20s in January, I think next year I'll go on a search for an obgyn who'll tie my tubes. Here's hoping...
Ah, same here. I get so much crap when I have to mention that I don't want kids. I've got enough on my plate, and the idea of being responsible for another human life for 18+ years does not sound appealing at all. I wanna live my own life, man... And that's difficult enough!

I'll be in my upper 20s in January, I think next year I'll go on a search for an obgyn who'll tie my tubes. Here's hoping...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10