Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Come! Sit a Spell... {open to all!}
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16 17
@Toyoll

Nyarla flicked her tail. "I'm prepared to wait."

But maybe not in this moss. Nasty stuff.

She stood, stretching her wings. She noted the Guardian eyeing her garments and hid her smirk under her cowl. She could've arrived in all of her finery, but such an act would be impractical for both travel and bartering. It was often best to let your partner suspect that you were the poorer one. They were more willing to brag and less able to properly prepare a counter-offer.

"I don't suppose there's someplace drier to sit? I'm afraid the vegetation doesn't agree with me. Too damp for my liking."
@Toyoll

Nyarla flicked her tail. "I'm prepared to wait."

But maybe not in this moss. Nasty stuff.

She stood, stretching her wings. She noted the Guardian eyeing her garments and hid her smirk under her cowl. She could've arrived in all of her finery, but such an act would be impractical for both travel and bartering. It was often best to let your partner suspect that you were the poorer one. They were more willing to brag and less able to properly prepare a counter-offer.

"I don't suppose there's someplace drier to sit? I'm afraid the vegetation doesn't agree with me. Too damp for my liking."
@Toyoll (that might be helpful actually.)

@FelisLynx
Tigre smiled and kept his little self curled around Gabi's neck. "I'm sure one of the stalls has it! I hope they have the tools and hings I'm looking for too!"

"Hey hatchie of excitement, tone down that right by my ear." she snickered and papped him with her tail. "Tinker in training. He's so excited he forgets to lower his volume." she smiled some and nodded to Solaris. "It is a pleasure to meet you though. And I'm certain we can find a map."
@Toyoll (that might be helpful actually.)

@FelisLynx
Tigre smiled and kept his little self curled around Gabi's neck. "I'm sure one of the stalls has it! I hope they have the tools and hings I'm looking for too!"

"Hey hatchie of excitement, tone down that right by my ear." she snickered and papped him with her tail. "Tinker in training. He's so excited he forgets to lower his volume." she smiled some and nodded to Solaris. "It is a pleasure to meet you though. And I'm certain we can find a map."
tumblr_inline_nswmvx0twY1qiwi8o_500.giftumblr_inline_ou0gs5wQuG1t6xugg_540.png tumblr_inline_ns8ev1Q4Fx1t6xugg_540.png tumblr_inline_owkwhoE5f51u26x8a_540.pngtumblr_inline_otxcehAeKa1t6xugg_540.pngtumblr_inline_nswmvx0twY1qiwi8o_500.gif
@Toyoll

Morgana eyed the odd little creatures curiously. They certainly looked tasty, but she had never seen this species before.

"What do they taste like? Are they any good?" She asked, nose twitching.
@Toyoll

Morgana eyed the odd little creatures curiously. They certainly looked tasty, but she had never seen this species before.

"What do they taste like? Are they any good?" She asked, nose twitching.
gqS46t9.png
((@Toyoll Thanks a bunch that would be great~))

@EnvySenpai

The Skydancer began weaving through the crowd of various dragons, making out a tea shop that seemed to be bustling with activity. There also seemed to be some kind of disruption in the crowd but Solaris looked away, deciding it didn't concern her despite her intense curiousity. Looking over at the other stalls, she saw one hawking wares that consisted of beautiful jewelery and other like things. She had to fight the urge to look at them, otherwise she would probably go and spend all her money.

Sighing and turning from the stall she continued after making sure her companions were still with her.

"So you said you had just arrived here right? Where did you come here from?" She slightly turned toward them while still facing forward, making sure she didn't accidentally bump into anyone. "I don't mean to pry of course! I'm just curious."
((@Toyoll Thanks a bunch that would be great~))

@EnvySenpai

The Skydancer began weaving through the crowd of various dragons, making out a tea shop that seemed to be bustling with activity. There also seemed to be some kind of disruption in the crowd but Solaris looked away, deciding it didn't concern her despite her intense curiousity. Looking over at the other stalls, she saw one hawking wares that consisted of beautiful jewelery and other like things. She had to fight the urge to look at them, otherwise she would probably go and spend all her money.

Sighing and turning from the stall she continued after making sure her companions were still with her.

"So you said you had just arrived here right? Where did you come here from?" She slightly turned toward them while still facing forward, making sure she didn't accidentally bump into anyone. "I don't mean to pry of course! I'm just curious."
@Toyoll
((No worries! Congrats on managing to maintain it all; I’m glad it’s as enjoyable as it’s meant to be. ^^ I’ve actually been glad to reinforce in my own mind the ‘casual’ aspect; it would be hypocritical of me to expect quick replies.))

Eada leaned away momentarily during the Ridgeback’s vigorous shrug. It seemed his animation meant there was almost a hazard with his proximity.

Both his suggestions of points of inquiry were perfectly reasonable, one with authority over the whole of the trading post and evidently responsible for prior employment offers, the other being the proprietor of the teahouse itself. The Guardian did seem on the intimidating side from what Eada had seen though. It seemed probable that she would be uninterested in a relatively unskilled worker without experience of the workplace.

The prospect of dealing with Tenebrae seemed less problematic.
‘Are not challenges part of the fun though?’ If you have to continue inventing new tricks, the activity is rather unlikely to go stale.

Eada inhaled gently, the meal certainly looked scrumptious. The Skydancer took a cracker. It did not disappoint. However, if she tucked in properly, Tenebrae would probably move on to dealing with other customers, and Eada preferred to take the current opportunity.

‘Tell me, is your fine establishment open to accepting voluntary work?’
Tentative steps. If things went optimally then it was entirely possible that the state of things would move in a favourable direction.
@Toyoll
((No worries! Congrats on managing to maintain it all; I’m glad it’s as enjoyable as it’s meant to be. ^^ I’ve actually been glad to reinforce in my own mind the ‘casual’ aspect; it would be hypocritical of me to expect quick replies.))

Eada leaned away momentarily during the Ridgeback’s vigorous shrug. It seemed his animation meant there was almost a hazard with his proximity.

Both his suggestions of points of inquiry were perfectly reasonable, one with authority over the whole of the trading post and evidently responsible for prior employment offers, the other being the proprietor of the teahouse itself. The Guardian did seem on the intimidating side from what Eada had seen though. It seemed probable that she would be uninterested in a relatively unskilled worker without experience of the workplace.

The prospect of dealing with Tenebrae seemed less problematic.
‘Are not challenges part of the fun though?’ If you have to continue inventing new tricks, the activity is rather unlikely to go stale.

Eada inhaled gently, the meal certainly looked scrumptious. The Skydancer took a cracker. It did not disappoint. However, if she tucked in properly, Tenebrae would probably move on to dealing with other customers, and Eada preferred to take the current opportunity.

‘Tell me, is your fine establishment open to accepting voluntary work?’
Tentative steps. If things went optimally then it was entirely possible that the state of things would move in a favourable direction.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@EnvySenpai @FelisLynx (sorry for the delay!) A little ways down the lane, crowded with dragons of all sizes and colours, was a small nocturne, diminutive even for his species. He sat on a rough bamboo mat, all manner of equipment and scrolls lay at his feet: maps, charts, surveys, spyglasses, compasses, sextants... The little drake was carefully arranging his merchandise, weighing the parchments with stones and brushing the dust from the navigation tools. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14844272] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/148443/14844272_350.png[/img] [/url] He looked about with icy eyes, hopeful that a customer would approach, but, unlike his neighbours, he didn't call or holler, effectively making him invisible amongst the throng of bustling patrons.
@EnvySenpai @FelisLynx (sorry for the delay!)

A little ways down the lane, crowded with dragons of all sizes and colours, was a small nocturne, diminutive even for his species. He sat on a rough bamboo mat, all manner of equipment and scrolls lay at his feet: maps, charts, surveys, spyglasses, compasses, sextants... The little drake was carefully arranging his merchandise, weighing the parchments with stones and brushing the dust from the navigation tools.

14844272_350.png

He looked about with icy eyes, hopeful that a customer would approach, but, unlike his neighbours, he didn't call or holler, effectively making him invisible amongst the throng of bustling patrons.
@ShoggyDancer

Korrik nodded to the female, "Of course, Madam." He turned to lead them away from the edge of the forest, his tail bobbed lazily from side to side, "Despite what some may be led to believe, even we don't care for squatting in the swamp. Let the hunters and huntresses do that, I say. It's what they're paid for."

The large drake with shining scales sauntered through the crowds of the trading post, never deviating from his path or allowing others to pass before him. The throngs of visitors and clan dragons alike parted for the male. Though never once did he seem cruel or ill-meaning, it was clear this drake was simply used to preferable treatment. He nodded to his fellows in guard uniforms and greeted his clan sisters and brothers whilst they milled about the trading post.

Korrik was making smalltalk with his guest the whole while, pointing out the various services and products that came through this little outpost. He spoke in a genial manner and was always polite as he ambled onward.

Eventually, the pair came to the teahouse, the noise and low murmurs from within audible even from this distance. Korrik's brows knit when he spied his mistress' usual table was vacant, her teacup still half full. "Ah." he said, "It would seem we've just missed her..." He craned his neck to peer over the crowds, "I suppose we should wait someplace conspicuous..."

The young drake then walked to a different outdoor table, a little ways off from the teahouse and right across from the markets. From this vantage point, the two dragons should easily be able to spot the Matriarch when she returned from whatever business she was currently embroiled in. Korrik kindly stood at the opposite side of the table, waiting for his guest to sit before seating himself. He smiled, "After you, Lady Mirror."
@ShoggyDancer

Korrik nodded to the female, "Of course, Madam." He turned to lead them away from the edge of the forest, his tail bobbed lazily from side to side, "Despite what some may be led to believe, even we don't care for squatting in the swamp. Let the hunters and huntresses do that, I say. It's what they're paid for."

The large drake with shining scales sauntered through the crowds of the trading post, never deviating from his path or allowing others to pass before him. The throngs of visitors and clan dragons alike parted for the male. Though never once did he seem cruel or ill-meaning, it was clear this drake was simply used to preferable treatment. He nodded to his fellows in guard uniforms and greeted his clan sisters and brothers whilst they milled about the trading post.

Korrik was making smalltalk with his guest the whole while, pointing out the various services and products that came through this little outpost. He spoke in a genial manner and was always polite as he ambled onward.

Eventually, the pair came to the teahouse, the noise and low murmurs from within audible even from this distance. Korrik's brows knit when he spied his mistress' usual table was vacant, her teacup still half full. "Ah." he said, "It would seem we've just missed her..." He craned his neck to peer over the crowds, "I suppose we should wait someplace conspicuous..."

The young drake then walked to a different outdoor table, a little ways off from the teahouse and right across from the markets. From this vantage point, the two dragons should easily be able to spot the Matriarch when she returned from whatever business she was currently embroiled in. Korrik kindly stood at the opposite side of the table, waiting for his guest to sit before seating himself. He smiled, "After you, Lady Mirror."
@RamshackleInn (sorry for the delay!)

Trinmaw made an overly-dramatic show of being hurt, "Miss! You wound me! Duskrats are some of the tastiest treats the bog has to offer! Plump and savoury! Best of all, they breed like rabbits. With this little cage, you could start up quite a profitable little farm to suit your clients' demands." She set a paw on the top of the box with a smile, "Just make sure they got a clean, dark place t'live and some water an' feed."

@RamshackleInn (sorry for the delay!)

Trinmaw made an overly-dramatic show of being hurt, "Miss! You wound me! Duskrats are some of the tastiest treats the bog has to offer! Plump and savoury! Best of all, they breed like rabbits. With this little cage, you could start up quite a profitable little farm to suit your clients' demands." She set a paw on the top of the box with a smile, "Just make sure they got a clean, dark place t'live and some water an' feed."

@Stanzascale

Tenebrae stroked her whiskers, thinking. She considered the little female before her, smirking to herself, "I suppose I could always use another set of claws around here. Though, this work ain't fer the faint of heart, Miss." the elder Imperial gestured around her, "This is a pretty typical day for us." ,she chuckled softly to herself, "We're an awful competitive bunch and Shadow clients are a tough crowd to please and would as soon pay ya as they'd bite yer head off! However, between you an' me, the real challenge is workin' with that sourpuss over yonder."

The dark drakka jabbed a thumb in the direction of her business partner, Damascus, who was waiting on no less than four different tables at once, managing to balance five platters in his hands and on his long back. He was hurriedly speaking with each client in turn, polite, but unsmiling as notes and orders, scribed in light, floated about his horns.

"Talented drake, no doubt." said Tenebrae without even so much as looking back, "But he's got a knot in his tail most days."
@Stanzascale

Tenebrae stroked her whiskers, thinking. She considered the little female before her, smirking to herself, "I suppose I could always use another set of claws around here. Though, this work ain't fer the faint of heart, Miss." the elder Imperial gestured around her, "This is a pretty typical day for us." ,she chuckled softly to herself, "We're an awful competitive bunch and Shadow clients are a tough crowd to please and would as soon pay ya as they'd bite yer head off! However, between you an' me, the real challenge is workin' with that sourpuss over yonder."

The dark drakka jabbed a thumb in the direction of her business partner, Damascus, who was waiting on no less than four different tables at once, managing to balance five platters in his hands and on his long back. He was hurriedly speaking with each client in turn, polite, but unsmiling as notes and orders, scribed in light, floated about his horns.

"Talented drake, no doubt." said Tenebrae without even so much as looking back, "But he's got a knot in his tail most days."
@Toyoll ( No worries) @FelisLynx

"We come from Starfall Isles, part of a clan known as The Heraldic Mage Clan." Gabrielle supplied to the other skydancer. "Since we all enter the clan at a young age we are gifted with a unique ability the clanmother discovered that allows us to send images and small messages to the mind. Granted we try not to do so with those outside the Isles as most find it unsettling, even other Arcane Clans."

"Yes but it is helpful within the clan when you are among sleeping clanmates and want to talk but not wake the others." Tigre added and smiled wide. His eyes caught sight of a glint of metal and he turned his head to see what it was. A spy glass, her climbed a little more on Gabi's head and peered in that direction. There were all kinds of things laid out and he notice the Nocturne. The most noticeable thing at first glance was the brilliant wings. On further examining the glint off his horns and belly. Looking more at the wares they seemed to be navigation items. "Gabi, Solaris... over there. They have navigation stuff, they might have a map." he pointed a claw toward the Nocturne's stand.

Gabi turned her head and smiled some. "Good eye hatchie." she chuckled. "Miss Solaris, shall we?" she asked and stepped carefully through the crowd toward the booth, leading through the throng of other dragons.
@Toyoll ( No worries) @FelisLynx

"We come from Starfall Isles, part of a clan known as The Heraldic Mage Clan." Gabrielle supplied to the other skydancer. "Since we all enter the clan at a young age we are gifted with a unique ability the clanmother discovered that allows us to send images and small messages to the mind. Granted we try not to do so with those outside the Isles as most find it unsettling, even other Arcane Clans."

"Yes but it is helpful within the clan when you are among sleeping clanmates and want to talk but not wake the others." Tigre added and smiled wide. His eyes caught sight of a glint of metal and he turned his head to see what it was. A spy glass, her climbed a little more on Gabi's head and peered in that direction. There were all kinds of things laid out and he notice the Nocturne. The most noticeable thing at first glance was the brilliant wings. On further examining the glint off his horns and belly. Looking more at the wares they seemed to be navigation items. "Gabi, Solaris... over there. They have navigation stuff, they might have a map." he pointed a claw toward the Nocturne's stand.

Gabi turned her head and smiled some. "Good eye hatchie." she chuckled. "Miss Solaris, shall we?" she asked and stepped carefully through the crowd toward the booth, leading through the throng of other dragons.
tumblr_inline_nswmvx0twY1qiwi8o_500.giftumblr_inline_ou0gs5wQuG1t6xugg_540.png tumblr_inline_ns8ev1Q4Fx1t6xugg_540.png tumblr_inline_owkwhoE5f51u26x8a_540.pngtumblr_inline_otxcehAeKa1t6xugg_540.pngtumblr_inline_nswmvx0twY1qiwi8o_500.gif
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16 17