Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wavecrest: BOARDWALK BRAGGING--Voting!
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 39 40
@Merellia

"Hmmmmm, I always have loved a good game of 'two truths and a lie'. This isn't quite the same but it's worth a try!" The skydancer flicked her tail back in forth, trying to focus on the other dragons.

"For Iris, #1 is her truth. Kari's truth is #3. And I believe MuddyWater's truth is #2. "
@Merellia

"Hmmmmm, I always have loved a good game of 'two truths and a lie'. This isn't quite the same but it's worth a try!" The skydancer flicked her tail back in forth, trying to focus on the other dragons.

"For Iris, #1 is her truth. Kari's truth is #3. And I believe MuddyWater's truth is #2. "
r7LsxK2.png
@Merellia

Iris: 1.
Iris collects brooches.

Kari: 3.
He has earned the respect of his peers.

MuddyWater: 2.
MuddyWater gained her future sight after she grew horns, and matured into an adult.
@Merellia

Iris: 1.
Iris collects brooches.

Kari: 3.
He has earned the respect of his peers.

MuddyWater: 2.
MuddyWater gained her future sight after she grew horns, and matured into an adult.
tumblr_inline_nk71alsinU1qg2i5p.png
@Merellia "Oh zephyrs. I missed Charlie's," Beslaa snapped her claws together with a smile. "That's okay though, two out of three isn't bad at all!" "No it isn't!" Aden agreed, "In fact, that would be a win in most score books." Beslaa gasped with delight, "That's so true!" She cuddled up next to Aden, "Thanks for the vote of confidence, my love." "Anything for you, Bes." He straightened his goggles and gave a short nod, "I guess it's my turn to guess." "Good luck, dear!" Beslaa cheered. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8095725] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/80958/8095725_350.png[/img] [/url] Aden stepped up as Unda flapped her crystalline wings resulting in a chiming but rather grinding sound. He listened as she congratulated the dragons who guessed correctly, and then proceeded to call up the next three dragons. Aden sized them up with calculated looks. The imperial was pretty, but seemed a little shy, yet the tundra contrasted her and looked very confident in his stance, while the Skydancer looked like she'd rather be anywhere but here. Aden began to listen very closely to the tricky Unda as she introduced all three dragons. The first up was the imperial, [b]Iris[/b]. Her three clues stopped his calculating short. He had no idea what her truth could be. When he was allowed to approach her, he walked around her watching how she stood, if there was any apparel on her, if she was holding anything. He was about to give up when a glimmer caught his eyes. "You're holding a brooch." His comment was quiet, so much so that he figured only Iris could hear him, "That must be your truth." He nodded again with a quick grin and said to Unda,[b] "I think that Iris's truth is the first one. [/b]The one about collecting brooches." He then adjusted his goggles and walked back into the crowd to await the second dragon's clues. He didn't have to wait long as the crowd was a bit thinner. Unda announced the tundra next as [b]Kari[/b]. Aden immediately knew which clue was Kari's truth, but he figured he'd weigh his options first. As his turn to step up came, he walked up to Kari and bent down to look at him, adjusting his goggles to see him better. Aden let out a short chuckle, "I know an heir when I see one. For I was one of my clan leader's before I refused the position. The weight must be a heavy burden and not all can carry it. It seems as if you are doing a stupendous job, Kari. Therefore,[b] I judge your truth to be the third clue[/b]. Your clan must respect you very much." He gave Kari a pat on the shoulder and said, "Good luck." before turning and stepping back into the crowd. Unda seemed surprised that they had already reached the third dragon's clues, and introduced her quickly as [b]MuddyWater[/b]. As MuddyWater gave out her clues, Aden's eyes went wide as he noticed the large horns growing out of her head for the first time. There were two Skydancers like this from his clan, but one was a singer and wore them purely for decoration; and the other was from the Viridian Labyrinth and had asked the Gladekeeper herself to bestow them upon her, but they did cause her grow grass and small flowers in her wake. Aden figured there must be something to MuddyWater's horns too. He approached her cautiously and gazed at her with a mix of awe and wonder, finding he could not think logically at all. He had no idea what this Stillwater Cove was, nor the illness she talked about. But he just couldn't get over her horns. He didn't want to stare, but it was very hard not to. "I thi--" he tried to speak but found his throat very dry. He coughed and swallowed before continuing, "[b]I think MuddyWater's truth is her second clue[/b]." He tried to say more, but found he couldn't in her presence. Aden gave a weak smile and quickly turned away from her, hurrying back into the crowd with many thoughts on his mind. Beslaa walked over to him, "Are you okay? That MuddyWater is a... different dragon. Nareena is not like that at all." "I'm fine, Bes," he assured her, "And yes she is." "Anyway..." Beslaa drawled, "You good with your answers?" Aden smiled widely, "I've done the calculations, and I think all of my answers are the correct ones."
@Merellia

"Oh zephyrs. I missed Charlie's," Beslaa snapped her claws together with a smile. "That's okay though, two out of three isn't bad at all!"

"No it isn't!" Aden agreed, "In fact, that would be a win in most score books."

Beslaa gasped with delight, "That's so true!" She cuddled up next to Aden, "Thanks for the vote of confidence, my love."

"Anything for you, Bes." He straightened his goggles and gave a short nod, "I guess it's my turn to guess."

"Good luck, dear!" Beslaa cheered.

8095725_350.png

Aden stepped up as Unda flapped her crystalline wings resulting in a chiming but rather grinding sound. He listened as she congratulated the dragons who guessed correctly, and then proceeded to call up the next three dragons. Aden sized them up with calculated looks. The imperial was pretty, but seemed a little shy, yet the tundra contrasted her and looked very confident in his stance, while the Skydancer looked like she'd rather be anywhere but here. Aden began to listen very closely to the tricky Unda as she introduced all three dragons.

The first up was the imperial, Iris. Her three clues stopped his calculating short. He had no idea what her truth could be. When he was allowed to approach her, he walked around her watching how she stood, if there was any apparel on her, if she was holding anything. He was about to give up when a glimmer caught his eyes. "You're holding a brooch." His comment was quiet, so much so that he figured only Iris could hear him, "That must be your truth." He nodded again with a quick grin and said to Unda, "I think that Iris's truth is the first one. The one about collecting brooches." He then adjusted his goggles and walked back into the crowd to await the second dragon's clues.

He didn't have to wait long as the crowd was a bit thinner. Unda announced the tundra next as Kari. Aden immediately knew which clue was Kari's truth, but he figured he'd weigh his options first. As his turn to step up came, he walked up to Kari and bent down to look at him, adjusting his goggles to see him better. Aden let out a short chuckle, "I know an heir when I see one. For I was one of my clan leader's before I refused the position. The weight must be a heavy burden and not all can carry it. It seems as if you are doing a stupendous job, Kari. Therefore, I judge your truth to be the third clue. Your clan must respect you very much." He gave Kari a pat on the shoulder and said, "Good luck." before turning and stepping back into the crowd.

Unda seemed surprised that they had already reached the third dragon's clues, and introduced her quickly as MuddyWater. As MuddyWater gave out her clues, Aden's eyes went wide as he noticed the large horns growing out of her head for the first time. There were two Skydancers like this from his clan, but one was a singer and wore them purely for decoration; and the other was from the Viridian Labyrinth and had asked the Gladekeeper herself to bestow them upon her, but they did cause her grow grass and small flowers in her wake. Aden figured there must be something to MuddyWater's horns too. He approached her cautiously and gazed at her with a mix of awe and wonder, finding he could not think logically at all. He had no idea what this Stillwater Cove was, nor the illness she talked about. But he just couldn't get over her horns. He didn't want to stare, but it was very hard not to. "I thi--" he tried to speak but found his throat very dry. He coughed and swallowed before continuing, "I think MuddyWater's truth is her second clue." He tried to say more, but found he couldn't in her presence. Aden gave a weak smile and quickly turned away from her, hurrying back into the crowd with many thoughts on his mind.

Beslaa walked over to him, "Are you okay? That MuddyWater is a... different dragon. Nareena is not like that at all."

"I'm fine, Bes," he assured her, "And yes she is."

"Anyway..." Beslaa drawled, "You good with your answers?"

Aden smiled widely, "I've done the calculations, and I think all of my answers are the correct ones."
q4mcFJf.png
@Merellia [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/99642/9964108.png[/img] "Told you so- my skills may be rusty, but I remember the skills of my birth flight." Forget smiled, glad he got all three correct. "Hmm... Today's are a bit trickier. Let's see..." He thought about things for a minute before answering each one. "[b]Iris, your first truth is correct[/b]- specifically seeker broaches. [b]Kari, your third truth is correct[/b]- many of your clan respects you. And finally, [b]MuddyWater, your second truth is correct[/b]- you got your foresight with horns and maturity."
@Merellia

9964108.png

"Told you so- my skills may be rusty, but I remember the skills of my birth flight." Forget smiled, glad he got all three correct.

"Hmm... Today's are a bit trickier. Let's see..."

He thought about things for a minute before answering each one.

"Iris, your first truth is correct- specifically seeker broaches. Kari, your third truth is correct- many of your clan respects you. And finally, MuddyWater, your second truth is correct- you got your foresight with horns and maturity."
2drwvZa.png
@Merellia

Could I pinged when the new ones come up because I accidentally missed day 2 because I didn't see it updated each time I came around. D:
@Merellia

Could I pinged when the new ones come up because I accidentally missed day 2 because I didn't see it updated each time I came around. D:
@Merellia

Iris: 2

Kari: 3

MuddyWater: 2
@Merellia

Iris: 2

Kari: 3

MuddyWater: 2
(hi, @Sadrain, I'm pinging the folks who guess each day just after I make the next day's questions available: so if you guess today, you'll be on tomorrow's ping list!)
(hi, @Sadrain, I'm pinging the folks who guess each day just after I make the next day's questions available: so if you guess today, you'll be on tomorrow's ping list!)
(@Merellia

I guessed on the 1st day, so, maybe I just missed the ping in the midst of others or my 1st PM was never received. I hope it's the former and thank you for your response. :) )
(@Merellia

I guessed on the 1st day, so, maybe I just missed the ping in the midst of others or my 1st PM was never received. I hope it's the former and thank you for your response. :) )
Uro looked smug as Unda announced all of his guesses were correct. Listening carefully to the next group of dragons, he opened his mouth to say what he thought. But before he could utter a single word, another fae slid off his back and started talking. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/82476/8247563_350.png?mtime=VS2FDgACO04.png[/img] Verdama had waited patiently these last two tries and now it was her time to shine. Looking at Iris first she pondered, "Priests and Priestesses aren't something I'm too familiar with. Back home we mostly just listen to what the Bossman yells through the clouds and do it... so I'll say the first one then that you collect brooches." Verdama studied Kari and his regal attire. Surely he would be mocked for them if his clanmates didn't love and respect him. "The third one for you, your peers respect you greatly I assume." Not wanting to be rude Verdama tried not to stare at the horns protruding from MuddyWater's head. They seemed so unnatural to her though that her gaze kept drifting up to them. She coughed lightly and cleared her throat a couple times before speaking. "I think you grew your horns and gained your sight simultaneously, the second choice," she said forcing herself to keep eye contact with the skydancer. With a last nervous glance towards MuddyWater, Verdama scurried back onto Uro's back to wait for the correct answers. @Merellia
Uro looked smug as Unda announced all of his guesses were correct. Listening carefully to the next group of dragons, he opened his mouth to say what he thought. But before he could utter a single word, another fae slid off his back and started talking.
8247563_350.png?mtime=VS2FDgACO04.png
Verdama had waited patiently these last two tries and now it was her time to shine.
Looking at Iris first she pondered, "Priests and Priestesses aren't something I'm too familiar with. Back home we mostly just listen to what the Bossman yells through the clouds and do it... so I'll say the first one then that you collect brooches."
Verdama studied Kari and his regal attire. Surely he would be mocked for them if his clanmates didn't love and respect him. "The third one for you, your peers respect you greatly I assume."
Not wanting to be rude Verdama tried not to stare at the horns protruding from MuddyWater's head. They seemed so unnatural to her though that her gaze kept drifting up to them. She coughed lightly and cleared her throat a couple times before speaking. "I think you grew your horns and gained your sight simultaneously, the second choice," she said forcing herself to keep eye contact with the skydancer. With a last nervous glance towards MuddyWater, Verdama scurried back onto Uro's back to wait for the correct answers.

@Merellia
m8aFFXb.gif
@merellia iris 1, kari 2, and muddywater 2!
@merellia iris 1, kari 2, and muddywater 2!
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 39 40