Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favorite Landforms
1 2 3
I am so happy to come back to this to some responses!

@Amphibole

Firstly, I love your name. Second, I agree with everything you said, pretty much. Something about mountains and valleys have so much charm to them. I didn't know what a hoodoo was when I saw the word, but it seems like a smaller butte, which is really charming. Table landforms have my heart.

@Disillusionist

I envy you so much, I have never seen karst towers, but I stare at pictures of them often, it must have been absolutely beautiful to see with your own eyes.

@kyrylokot

I love the pictures a lot, they are reminders of how beautiful the steppes are. I would love to see some, one day!

@monkfishlover

I like caves! I'm actually surprised no one mentioned them before you! Whenever I think of caves, I start thinking of mining and coal seam fires, lol. Lava isn't the only thing burning below the surface.
I am so happy to come back to this to some responses!

@Amphibole

Firstly, I love your name. Second, I agree with everything you said, pretty much. Something about mountains and valleys have so much charm to them. I didn't know what a hoodoo was when I saw the word, but it seems like a smaller butte, which is really charming. Table landforms have my heart.

@Disillusionist

I envy you so much, I have never seen karst towers, but I stare at pictures of them often, it must have been absolutely beautiful to see with your own eyes.

@kyrylokot

I love the pictures a lot, they are reminders of how beautiful the steppes are. I would love to see some, one day!

@monkfishlover

I like caves! I'm actually surprised no one mentioned them before you! Whenever I think of caves, I start thinking of mining and coal seam fires, lol. Lava isn't the only thing burning below the surface.
UwUnl7O.png
mlHpBMC.pngmjtJ868.png 5vnsOgE.pngQ2if6VF.png
I live in a very mountainous state, so I adore mountains :) I think if I ever moved to a state with no mountains, I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

I also just really enjoy forests.
Also, basalt columns are freakin' cool. I wanna see some irl one day :)

OH
And cave systems. I could never go caving, but tours through caves are really cool. There's a cave system not too far from where I live that I've been too a few times. I've also been to Mammoth Colossal cave in Arizona ^^ That was cool.

my bad
I live in a very mountainous state, so I adore mountains :) I think if I ever moved to a state with no mountains, I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

I also just really enjoy forests.
Also, basalt columns are freakin' cool. I wanna see some irl one day :)

OH
And cave systems. I could never go caving, but tours through caves are really cool. There's a cave system not too far from where I live that I've been too a few times. I've also been to Mammoth Colossal cave in Arizona ^^ That was cool.

my bad
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
@bbgummi - Thank you! I was an adult the first time I saw the Rockies and I fell in love instantly. I grew up in the Northeast and had only ever seen the Appalachians which of course have their own fantastic history and charms, but there's some kind of magic in being in a valley and seeing tall, jagged peaks vs rounded mountains.

If you get a chance, look up the Bryce Canyon hoodoos! If I had to choose one specific place, that would probably be it.

@bbgummi - Thank you! I was an adult the first time I saw the Rockies and I fell in love instantly. I grew up in the Northeast and had only ever seen the Appalachians which of course have their own fantastic history and charms, but there's some kind of magic in being in a valley and seeing tall, jagged peaks vs rounded mountains.

If you get a chance, look up the Bryce Canyon hoodoos! If I had to choose one specific place, that would probably be it.

q9EEy5M.png
3mp8TrJ.png
31mYbGr.gif
WvEXipG.png
Wetlands, caves, n cliffsides are my personal favorites! I especially love it when cliffs n such have stuff built into them like [img]https://www.nps.gov/meve/learn/historyculture/images/cliffpalace_960px.jpg[/img]
Wetlands, caves, n cliffsides are my personal favorites!
I especially love it when cliffs n such have stuff built into them
cliffpalace_960px.jpg
Runic Bat Spectral Duskflapper Cursed Bat Armored Duskflapper Spirit of Shadow
@Khuzdul

I've actually never gone near a cave, funnily enough. I've seen very little geographically because most of my life I've lived in heavy density urban areas, so I can only imagine how beautiful Arizona is or how magnificent the cave was.

@Amphibole

Oh sweet, I love the Appalachians, actually! I did a project on the Anthracite Coal strikes in the early 20th century and I kept nerding out about it so someone in my girlfriend's geology lab gave me a piece of anthracite coal, lol. I think about those mountains and general region pretty often.

@TricksySixx

THE MESA VERDE CAVE PALACE LETS GOOOOO I remember seeing that in a book and pogging out of my gourd, for lack of a better term, lol. I had a culture in my worldbuilding project that had lived in pretty similar conditions, they eventually got switched out with some other dudes who live on a steppe on a tableau, but I think I'll bring back a civilization that lives on cliffsides.

@Khuzdul

I've actually never gone near a cave, funnily enough. I've seen very little geographically because most of my life I've lived in heavy density urban areas, so I can only imagine how beautiful Arizona is or how magnificent the cave was.

@Amphibole

Oh sweet, I love the Appalachians, actually! I did a project on the Anthracite Coal strikes in the early 20th century and I kept nerding out about it so someone in my girlfriend's geology lab gave me a piece of anthracite coal, lol. I think about those mountains and general region pretty often.

@TricksySixx

THE MESA VERDE CAVE PALACE LETS GOOOOO I remember seeing that in a book and pogging out of my gourd, for lack of a better term, lol. I had a culture in my worldbuilding project that had lived in pretty similar conditions, they eventually got switched out with some other dudes who live on a steppe on a tableau, but I think I'll bring back a civilization that lives on cliffsides.

UwUnl7O.png
mlHpBMC.pngmjtJ868.png 5vnsOgE.pngQ2if6VF.png
[font=american gothic][size=4]Mountains, cliffs, and caves! Call me a dragon but I just love tall things with holes in them. Also, I love cities carved into rocks, and rock-cut architecture. Petra in Jordan, anyone? [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4b/Koenigsgraeber.jpg[/img] (Photo by Saturn83 on Wikimedia) For water-based, wetlands wetlands wetlands. I love going to the wetlands and looking at all the creatures, especially the birds. There are so many birds. And for climates, while I like oceanic climates, my heart shall always belong to Mediterranean climates! I mean, I grew up in one, so I am very biased, but still! [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8f/Catalina_Island_Interior_photo_D_Ramey_Logan.jpg[/img] (Photo by D Ramey Logan)
Mountains, cliffs, and caves! Call me a dragon but I just love tall things with holes in them. Also, I love cities carved into rocks, and rock-cut architecture. Petra in Jordan, anyone?
Koenigsgraeber.jpg
(Photo by Saturn83 on Wikimedia)

For water-based, wetlands wetlands wetlands. I love going to the wetlands and looking at all the creatures, especially the birds. There are so many birds.

And for climates, while I like oceanic climates, my heart shall always belong to Mediterranean climates! I mean, I grew up in one, so I am very biased, but still!
Catalina_Island_Interior_photo_D_Ramey_Logan.jpg
(Photo by D Ramey Logan)

Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Glaciers, steppes, tundra, & deserts for me. I especially love polar deserts!! There's something I just really love about harsh, barren landscapes. Did you know that the steepest mountain in the world is located in Auyuittuq National Park in Nunavut, Canada? It's just within the Arctic Circle! [img]https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmy-lifestyle.co%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2022%2F10%2FMount-Thor-Auyuittuq-Nunavut-Baffin-1.jpeg[/img] Another arctic landform I like are tuyas, these funky flat-topped volcanos that were formed by eruptions cutting through ice sheets :D Here's a picture of Hayrick Butte in Oregon: [img]https://www.mountain-forecast.com/system/images/7023/large_illustration/Hayrick-Butte.jpg[/img] [url=https://youtu.be/jP607_CFgPA?si=VLnhwtPaUi8k2ygL]And a video explaining tuyas, using Geitafell in Iceland as an example :)[/url]
Glaciers, steppes, tundra, & deserts for me. I especially love polar deserts!! There's something I just really love about harsh, barren landscapes.

Did you know that the steepest mountain in the world is located in Auyuittuq National Park in Nunavut, Canada? It's just within the Arctic Circle!

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmy-lifestyle.co%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2022%2F10%2FMount-Thor-Auyuittuq-Nunavut-Baffin-1.jpeg

Another arctic landform I like are tuyas, these funky flat-topped volcanos that were formed by eruptions cutting through ice sheets :D

Here's a picture of Hayrick Butte in Oregon:

Hayrick-Butte.jpg

And a video explaining tuyas, using Geitafell in Iceland as an example :)

Salt marshes my beloved.

Please check out ghost forests if you can.

Salt marshes my beloved.

Please check out ghost forests if you can.
Inspired.pngDetermined.pngShouting.pngSurprised.pngDizzy.pngSigh.pngInspired%5E.pngStunned%5E.pngDetermined%5E.pngSigh%5E.pngWorried%5E.pngJoyous%5E.png
buy my dragons ---> gen ones
buy more of my dragons --->hatchery
help me find my dream dragons ---> here
@Requacy
OH HECK YEAH PETRA

@bbgummi
YEAH MAN IT'S LIKE THE COOLEST DANG THING!
Love cliff cities(not mesa verde but another one i am completely blanking on the name), got to visit one once and it was awesome
you can straight up see where folks kept their firepits n all...
also same?
I've written some notes n such for a cliff city dwelling harpy culture
its not super fleshed out but! I think its a neat idea!
@Requacy
OH HECK YEAH PETRA

@bbgummi
YEAH MAN IT'S LIKE THE COOLEST DANG THING!
Love cliff cities(not mesa verde but another one i am completely blanking on the name), got to visit one once and it was awesome
you can straight up see where folks kept their firepits n all...
also same?
I've written some notes n such for a cliff city dwelling harpy culture
its not super fleshed out but! I think its a neat idea!
Runic Bat Spectral Duskflapper Cursed Bat Armored Duskflapper Spirit of Shadow
Big fan of caves and mountains!! I'd [i]love[/i] to visit a glow worm cave someday,, look at this stuff!! this is absolutely MYSTICAL [img]https://images.rove.me/w_740,q_85/qzfq4awhtabwee9nilrk/new-zealand-waitomo-glowworm-caves.jpg[/img] [i]I love them so, so bad.[/i]
Big fan of caves and mountains!! I'd love to visit a glow worm cave someday,, look at this stuff!! this is absolutely MYSTICAL

new-zealand-waitomo-glowworm-caves.jpg

I love them so, so bad.
A large eyed creature looks at the viewer, rainbow confetti spills all around it, the legend YIPPE can be read above it a silly doodle of my favorite dragon A large eyed creature with headphones. Rainbow coloured musical notes hover all around it. we stay silly

Agender Flag Pansexual Flag
Transmasculine Flag Demisexual Flag
1 2 3