Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | spotify or youtube for music?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I use Youtube personally. Mainly just because I don't really want to pay ten bucks a month for a more limited pool.

As for ads?

Ad blocker :D
I use Youtube personally. Mainly just because I don't really want to pay ten bucks a month for a more limited pool.

As for ads?

Ad blocker :D
79659922.png come appreciate booger
he is the dragon of all time
J7D1quC.png
lAvpyOQ.pngxgrjPS4.png
i collect ghostly auras! Ghostly Aura
Spotify, you can get a student discount for cheap cheap tif your currently in college. plus it gets you hulu
Spotify, you can get a student discount for cheap cheap tif your currently in college. plus it gets you hulu

nvlVFtD.png

r2QANTY.png
YouTube all the way. I’ve got way more options to listen and the recommendations are much better than spotify tbh. As for ads, when I’m on pc I just use AD blocker and when I’m on mobile I search for full albums, since I’m into more unknown bands there’s little to no ads on them. Edit: I just remembered the nightmare that spotify is on phones. If you don’t have premium you can’t even listen to the songs you want because it does that shuffle thing [emoji=skull size=1]
YouTube all the way. I’ve got way more options to listen and the recommendations are much better than spotify tbh. As for ads, when I’m on pc I just use AD blocker and when I’m on mobile I search for full albums, since I’m into more unknown bands there’s little to no ads on them.

Edit: I just remembered the nightmare that spotify is on phones. If you don’t have premium you can’t even listen to the songs you want because it does that shuffle thing
Antique Oil Lamp Paleogene
she/her
I collect bug items and transmuted treasures
nnnnnn
Transmuted Treasure
spotify when i'm at home, and a huge part of why i use it is bc of spotify wrapped at the end of the year. i'm just really obsessed with seeing my personal stats like that lol. skipping ads is also incredibly easy on desktop (you literally just have to close the window and when you reopen it the ads are skipped) so it's not an issue. spotify mobile on the other hand is completely unusable w/o premium, so i use youtube to listen to music while i'm driving. i also use yt for music that isn't on spotify (recent ffxiv music, i don't think even recent minecraft music is on there either?)

so yeah i'd say spotify 80% of the time and youtube the other 20%
spotify when i'm at home, and a huge part of why i use it is bc of spotify wrapped at the end of the year. i'm just really obsessed with seeing my personal stats like that lol. skipping ads is also incredibly easy on desktop (you literally just have to close the window and when you reopen it the ads are skipped) so it's not an issue. spotify mobile on the other hand is completely unusable w/o premium, so i use youtube to listen to music while i'm driving. i also use yt for music that isn't on spotify (recent ffxiv music, i don't think even recent minecraft music is on there either?)

so yeah i'd say spotify 80% of the time and youtube the other 20%
................................................... .
he/him
please ping me when replying to me
... 0c6d754360cac7b4e6251a3b5ac42a7718ac068d.png
Youtube for the ability to use adblockers and choose what I want to listen to. I use Spotify sometimes and the amount of ads is ridiculous. Its pretty common for spotify to give me 3 ads in a row that are all 15 seconds long and I dont like dealing with it at all.
Youtube for the ability to use adblockers and choose what I want to listen to. I use Spotify sometimes and the amount of ads is ridiculous. Its pretty common for spotify to give me 3 ads in a row that are all 15 seconds long and I dont like dealing with it at all.
dino-child-water-pixel.gif
spotify tbh
spotify tbh
Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ
he/him
gut/guts
mew/mews
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12