Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | spotify or youtube for music?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
I use spotify and pay for it. It's not that bad imo and I think it's worth it. The amount of songs I can't find is so small compared to what I can find. However, if I do have an itch to listen to a song that can't be found on spotify, I will use youtube.

Also you can use firefox with adblock and listen to spotify ad-free without subscription so long as you use it through the browser and not the app itself. Source: a friend of mine uses non-sub spotify this way. I've heard this also works with android phones via firefox mobile with adblock as well. But not iphones.
I use spotify and pay for it. It's not that bad imo and I think it's worth it. The amount of songs I can't find is so small compared to what I can find. However, if I do have an itch to listen to a song that can't be found on spotify, I will use youtube.

Also you can use firefox with adblock and listen to spotify ad-free without subscription so long as you use it through the browser and not the app itself. Source: a friend of mine uses non-sub spotify this way. I've heard this also works with android phones via firefox mobile with adblock as well. But not iphones.
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
I've used YouTube as a jukebox since AMVs were a thing, so there you go. It helps that I listen to a lot of video game music too. (Hello, audio compression. Man, remember when 480p was crisp?)

Spotify is way too mainstream for me, and that's saying something. Of course it would be chock-full of things from the biggest record labels out there, but I have nothing nice to say about those. </hipster>
I've used YouTube as a jukebox since AMVs were a thing, so there you go. It helps that I listen to a lot of video game music too. (Hello, audio compression. Man, remember when 480p was crisp?)

Spotify is way too mainstream for me, and that's saying something. Of course it would be chock-full of things from the biggest record labels out there, but I have nothing nice to say about those. </hipster>
No tone tags, please. Just say what you mean. Will not read carrds.
YUzmw5z.png9Wis07O.pngYMPbu9R.png
I use both but Spotify is my go to man when I'm not home or going to school, I use yt to vibe with music I have found randomly lol
I use both but Spotify is my go to man when I'm not home or going to school, I use yt to vibe with music I have found randomly lol
7GFlGJN.pngu0zgn1V.pngCXKi6Gq.pngXGtgfcm.pngd3XCZt0.pngu0xFVz1.png6bJPt0y.pngMbe1yYW.pngn0nopNr.pngSwhjRD4.pnghaRlyz4.pngTkQY47D.pngxe4FQbY.pngUntitled339_20230721183750.pngUc6vApJ.png
lG9UFR1.png
I use spotify for my main music, when I'm just casually listening to something, so by all means spotify BUT. If I have a specific music itch that needs to be scratched by that one song that may not be on spotify, I go straight to youtube baby.
I use spotify for my main music, when I'm just casually listening to something, so by all means spotify BUT. If I have a specific music itch that needs to be scratched by that one song that may not be on spotify, I go straight to youtube baby.
Up until a few days ago, only Spotify. Now, I have been using soundcloud when on my phone and youtube when on my computer.
Up until a few days ago, only Spotify. Now, I have been using soundcloud when on my phone and youtube when on my computer.
IN3qoA3.gifhnOYGuB.gifE0tpxPX.gif
Not even god will take Spotify away from me

Been paying for premium since 2018 and it's the most worthwhile subscription I've ever had. Even beyond just the basic functionality that I appreciate, there's a social aspect with being able to connect your spotify to your discord and see what your friends are listening to etc etc

I LOVE snooping on what my friends are listening to, and sometimes getting chat gems like people noticing that you're listening to something really stupid and pointing it out
Not even god will take Spotify away from me

Been paying for premium since 2018 and it's the most worthwhile subscription I've ever had. Even beyond just the basic functionality that I appreciate, there's a social aspect with being able to connect your spotify to your discord and see what your friends are listening to etc etc

I LOVE snooping on what my friends are listening to, and sometimes getting chat gems like people noticing that you're listening to something really stupid and pointing it out
gTTW2gA.png
ePOliyb.png
kAof1pc.png
ipXQ8Fw.png
mlHpBMC.png
wyatt01.pngwrightharvey_harvey.pngwrightharvey_wright.pngkigahen_jasper.png
spotify, but youtube for everything i can't find on spotify.
spotify, but youtube for everything i can't find on spotify.
7RSuTOf.png160P7Fb.pngqR9UjYJ.png C5EINjk.pnged1cxgE.pngPgv53XB.pngAQPJNOh.pngJNaCTSP.pngmmecCrR.pnglPnwl0z.pngfdUVIfW.pngpyAp3dI.png
dgZqX5Q.pngEHXIkb0.pngcZONpfv.png
i like the daily mix playlists my spotify generates for me. but i find new music to listen to through youtube.
i like the daily mix playlists my spotify generates for me. but i find new music to listen to through youtube.
xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
midwxst

he / him
fr +3
youtube is superior. i use youtube music, and i personally think it's well worth the money. not only do i never have to see ads, but there's just a lot more variety with youtube and youtube music that you can't get with spotify. i listen to a lot of weird stuff sometimes; whether it be game soundtracks, animation memes, AMVs/PMVs/animatics, videos with specific audios and music, etc. and it's always available to me. half the stuff i listen to probably isn't even on spotify lol
youtube is superior. i use youtube music, and i personally think it's well worth the money. not only do i never have to see ads, but there's just a lot more variety with youtube and youtube music that you can't get with spotify. i listen to a lot of weird stuff sometimes; whether it be game soundtracks, animation memes, AMVs/PMVs/animatics, videos with specific audios and music, etc. and it's always available to me. half the stuff i listen to probably isn't even on spotify lol
y6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
I use Spotify just because it's easier to find new music and I love that fact though. Outside of that I don't really use Spotify for podcast just because of the selection of podcast is not my favorite so i use YouTube for that, plus YouTube ads are not as annoying as Spotify's.

To be honest both are pretty equal in my opinion
I use Spotify just because it's easier to find new music and I love that fact though. Outside of that I don't really use Spotify for podcast just because of the selection of podcast is not my favorite so i use YouTube for that, plus YouTube ads are not as annoying as Spotify's.

To be honest both are pretty equal in my opinion
|Ello I'm Awoken, She/her, FR+8, I am a bunch of lizards in a coat, Profile dragon|
WyB8X7e.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12