Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | My Subnautica Adventures [pinglist]
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon @OrdinaryImage @memoirs @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave @Requacy @carpecat

Sorry about the lack of updates. The heat wave finally ended (at least for now) and I've been spending as much possible time outside. I hope everyone understands.

Anyway, I played Subnautica again and I'm still fruitlessly hunting down pieces for the propulsion cannon. I did replace the battery in my Seamoth, though, which is good since it was getting low.

I witnessed a couple of weird glitches. First, a gasopod spawned just...halfway phased into an underwater cliff, and then it SHOT out of it and went spinning into the open water. It was pretty funny to watch. Second, a found a small group of boomerangs near the surface of the water that I couldn't interact with, and they were moving really weirdly, jiggling in and out of the water. I tend to find a lot of glitches with schools of fish, where I'll frequently find a school of fish that I can't interact with and that are all packed into a tiny, glowing ball. It looks like some sort of weird alien abomination. (I'll try to get a screenshot the next time I find one of those.)

Also, a PSA: Don't get out of the Seamoth when you're right under the lifepod, folks. It hurts. A lot.
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon @OrdinaryImage @memoirs @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave @Requacy @carpecat

Sorry about the lack of updates. The heat wave finally ended (at least for now) and I've been spending as much possible time outside. I hope everyone understands.

Anyway, I played Subnautica again and I'm still fruitlessly hunting down pieces for the propulsion cannon. I did replace the battery in my Seamoth, though, which is good since it was getting low.

I witnessed a couple of weird glitches. First, a gasopod spawned just...halfway phased into an underwater cliff, and then it SHOT out of it and went spinning into the open water. It was pretty funny to watch. Second, a found a small group of boomerangs near the surface of the water that I couldn't interact with, and they were moving really weirdly, jiggling in and out of the water. I tend to find a lot of glitches with schools of fish, where I'll frequently find a school of fish that I can't interact with and that are all packed into a tiny, glowing ball. It looks like some sort of weird alien abomination. (I'll try to get a screenshot the next time I find one of those.)

Also, a PSA: Don't get out of the Seamoth when you're right under the lifepod, folks. It hurts. A lot.
oJK1fXV.png

I have continued to look for Propulsion Cannon pieces. I looked up where they are and they're apparently in the Grassy Plateaus and Underwater Islands, so I'm poking around there. I have also begun to experiment with Floaters.

I have continued to look for Propulsion Cannon pieces. I looked up where they are and they're apparently in the Grassy Plateaus and Underwater Islands, so I'm poking around there. I have also begun to experiment with Floaters.
oJK1fXV.png
Subnautica is a pretty glitchy game sometimes, and it can be quite amusing! Best of luck finding the propulsion cannon fragments! Floaters are fun.
Subnautica is a pretty glitchy game sometimes, and it can be quite amusing! Best of luck finding the propulsion cannon fragments! Floaters are fun.
7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon @OrdinaryImage @memoirs @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave @Requacy @carpecat [img]https://i.imgur.com/Ooz7LYk.jpg[/img] BE NOT AFRAID MORTAL In other news, I've gotten incredibly lost looking for the Propulsion Cannon fragments! The map is helping a little, but it's kinda fun (if also a bit frustrating) to be lost and trying to find my way. Edit: I made it to the Underwater Islands at last, only to find out that my scanner was out of battery...at least I know more solidly where it is now. Edit 2: BONESHARKS! AHH!!

Ooz7LYk.jpg

BE NOT AFRAID MORTAL

In other news, I've gotten incredibly lost looking for the Propulsion Cannon fragments! The map is helping a little, but it's kinda fun (if also a bit frustrating) to be lost and trying to find my way.

Edit: I made it to the Underwater Islands at last, only to find out that my scanner was out of battery...at least I know more solidly where it is now.

Edit 2: BONESHARKS! AHH!!
oJK1fXV.png

I explored more, and FINALLY found a Propulsion Cannon fragment! It was in the Mushroom Forest. Only one more to go...

Also, I explored the Blood Kelp Trench a bit. I got some resources, discovered a fish, and also discovered...a crabsquid.

I barely escaped into my Seamoth as I was passing out from lack of oxygen, and then proceeded to drive over to the Kelp Forest and eat copious amounts of kelp to recover my hunger and thirst. I feel like a real survivor now.

I explored more, and FINALLY found a Propulsion Cannon fragment! It was in the Mushroom Forest. Only one more to go...

Also, I explored the Blood Kelp Trench a bit. I got some resources, discovered a fish, and also discovered...a crabsquid.

I barely escaped into my Seamoth as I was passing out from lack of oxygen, and then proceeded to drive over to the Kelp Forest and eat copious amounts of kelp to recover my hunger and thirst. I feel like a real survivor now.
oJK1fXV.png
I did that once too with the kelp, just eating a large amount of it to regain the hunger and thirst. Plus… crabsquids are the only terrifying creature in the game for me.
I did that once too with the kelp, just eating a large amount of it to regain the hunger and thirst. Plus… crabsquids are the only terrifying creature in the game for me.
lSyxazy.png
FMoJ9vk.png
xKIpW2A.png
G8AyR6r.png
Crabsquids uuuuuuuugggggghhhhhh. I'd much rather deal with 10 reapers at the same time than come near a crabsquid. The creaky door sounds they make freak me out.

The last time I played Subnautica was in VR and I was roaming around in the mushroom forest looking for stuff, when I turned around and came face to face with one. I don't have a clue as to how it got there but I screamed. They don't look that big on a monitor but trust me... they are BIG. I hate them so much.
Crabsquids uuuuuuuugggggghhhhhh. I'd much rather deal with 10 reapers at the same time than come near a crabsquid. The creaky door sounds they make freak me out.

The last time I played Subnautica was in VR and I was roaming around in the mushroom forest looking for stuff, when I turned around and came face to face with one. I don't have a clue as to how it got there but I screamed. They don't look that big on a monitor but trust me... they are BIG. I hate them so much.
Hoarding:
Wildwood Owlet 9 hours ahead of FR Sakura Owlet

Good news: I finished the blueprint for the propulsion cannon!

And even more good news, the ingredients are really easy to get! Aurora, here I come! Anything else I should know before I head over there?

Edit: I built the propulsion cannon and I'm off to the Aurora! (I'll be careful for reapers.)

Edit 2: While getting materials to replace my Seaglide battery, I witnessed a Peeper jump, like, ten feet into the air and sail through the sky before landing in the water far away.

Good news: I finished the blueprint for the propulsion cannon!

And even more good news, the ingredients are really easy to get! Aurora, here I come! Anything else I should know before I head over there?

Edit: I built the propulsion cannon and I'm off to the Aurora! (I'll be careful for reapers.)

Edit 2: While getting materials to replace my Seaglide battery, I witnessed a Peeper jump, like, ten feet into the air and sail through the sky before landing in the water far away.
oJK1fXV.png
Yaaaay!

Suggested list of things to bring:

-laser cutter (a must)
-radiation suit (if you've unlocked it, you'll need it!)
-your shiny new propulsion cannon
-maybe some food and water (just a little bit)
-maybe an extra first aid kit
-a knife
-your Seamoth
-your Seaglide

Suggested Seamoth equipment (optional but helpful for general navigation):
-sonar (can be made in the Moonpool's Vehicle Upgrade Console)
Yaaaay!

Suggested list of things to bring:

-laser cutter (a must)
-radiation suit (if you've unlocked it, you'll need it!)
-your shiny new propulsion cannon
-maybe some food and water (just a little bit)
-maybe an extra first aid kit
-a knife
-your Seamoth
-your Seaglide

Suggested Seamoth equipment (optional but helpful for general navigation):
-sonar (can be made in the Moonpool's Vehicle Upgrade Console)
7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
@memoirs made a good list of a things to bring, but I wanna add to also bring a repair tool. You'll need it.

Personally I would leave the seaglide at your base to free up some inventory space for all that good loot, but that's up to you. You can park your seamoth real close to the entrance where the reapers can't get to it. You can always make more trips though if you do wanna bring your seaglide.
@memoirs made a good list of a things to bring, but I wanna add to also bring a repair tool. You'll need it.

Personally I would leave the seaglide at your base to free up some inventory space for all that good loot, but that's up to you. You can park your seamoth real close to the entrance where the reapers can't get to it. You can always make more trips though if you do wanna bring your seaglide.
Hoarding:
Wildwood Owlet 9 hours ahead of FR Sakura Owlet
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18