Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | My Subnautica Adventures [pinglist]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
[quote name="@memoirs" date="2022-08-23 17:25:52" ] Non-spoiler hints... hmmm. Well, I tend to recommend people become a little more prepared before venturing out into deeper waters. (Is it too much of a spoiler if I give specifics on the danger level of a biome? [emoji=coatl tongue size=1]) In the game, you can find things that help you 'breathe' for longer, if that makes sense. Not necessarily saying you should avoid that biome, but in general, that'll make things more convenient for you! Do you have any tools currently for improving your oxygen level? Also, if you're playing on PC, you can press F1 to access your coordinates! They will tell you the name of the biome you're in, as well as your exact coordinates location, if you want to know that! [/quote] Thanks for the tips, this is very helpful! I don't have any oxygen tools yet. Where can I get the resources to make one?
@memoirs wrote on 2022-08-23 17:25:52:
Non-spoiler hints... hmmm. Well, I tend to recommend people become a little more prepared before venturing out into deeper waters. (Is it too much of a spoiler if I give specifics on the danger level of a biome? ) In the game, you can find things that help you 'breathe' for longer, if that makes sense. Not necessarily saying you should avoid that biome, but in general, that'll make things more convenient for you! Do you have any tools currently for improving your oxygen level?

Also, if you're playing on PC, you can press F1 to access your coordinates! They will tell you the name of the biome you're in, as well as your exact coordinates location, if you want to know that!

Thanks for the tips, this is very helpful! I don't have any oxygen tools yet. Where can I get the resources to make one?
oJK1fXV.png
A piece of advice, dont be afraid of all sounds! there a lot of creepy ambient sounds in the game, but hazards and dangers are noticeably distinct from the regular creepy ambience you get used to. This game is an absolute blast, if you enjoy I highly recommend playing the sequel as well.

Also, if your PDA warns you about something, listen.
A piece of advice, dont be afraid of all sounds! there a lot of creepy ambient sounds in the game, but hazards and dangers are noticeably distinct from the regular creepy ambience you get used to. This game is an absolute blast, if you enjoy I highly recommend playing the sequel as well.

Also, if your PDA warns you about something, listen.

I get too many pings, please PM if you ping and I don’t respond
You can check your PDA's blueprints to see what you've unlocked yet. Also, check the fabricator's equipment section to see what you can build right off the bat (and check it consistently as you progress and collect brand new materials). Explore the biomes around the safe shallows (where your lifepod is) and collect new stuff and materials, keeping an eye out for new stuff to scan along the seabed. Some of the breathing things are built into the fabricator, some of them you have to find [emoji=normal eyes size=1][emoji=normal eyes size=1]
You can check your PDA's blueprints to see what you've unlocked yet. Also, check the fabricator's equipment section to see what you can build right off the bat (and check it consistently as you progress and collect brand new materials). Explore the biomes around the safe shallows (where your lifepod is) and collect new stuff and materials, keeping an eye out for new stuff to scan along the seabed. Some of the breathing things are built into the fabricator, some of them you have to find
7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon @OrdinaryImage @memoirs @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave @Requacy @carpecat

I went out exploring to find the "terrifying" biome again, this time armed with F1 (thanks, memoirs!). I haven't found it yet, but I did die for the first time by swimming directly into a lava vent to see what was there. Fun times.

I'm about to go back. I don't remember exactly where the terror biome was, so does anyone have any hints about what direction I swim in to get to it again?

Edit: I think I found it. Is it the Dunes? It sure inspired terror in me since I was kindly informed by my PDA that there are "multiple Leviathan-class lifeforms in the area" and I doubt she's talking about reefbacks. Nope! I'm going back home now!

On a side note, I scanned a fish, found out it was called a "biter," wondered why it was called that, and then it bit me.

Edit 2: I just witnessed a solar eclipse!
@Charias @Endee @Avessa @BigSisterMoon @OrdinaryImage @memoirs @InfiniteOblivion @Sashathebrave @Requacy @carpecat

I went out exploring to find the "terrifying" biome again, this time armed with F1 (thanks, memoirs!). I haven't found it yet, but I did die for the first time by swimming directly into a lava vent to see what was there. Fun times.

I'm about to go back. I don't remember exactly where the terror biome was, so does anyone have any hints about what direction I swim in to get to it again?

Edit: I think I found it. Is it the Dunes? It sure inspired terror in me since I was kindly informed by my PDA that there are "multiple Leviathan-class lifeforms in the area" and I doubt she's talking about reefbacks. Nope! I'm going back home now!

On a side note, I scanned a fish, found out it was called a "biter," wondered why it was called that, and then it bit me.

Edit 2: I just witnessed a solar eclipse!
oJK1fXV.png
Solar eclipses are fun to see in the game, that’s why whenever I see one while I’m playing I take a screenshot of it. The Dunes gives me flashbacks *shudders* yeah the PDA isn’t talking about Reefbacks. Also biters are extremely annoying.
Solar eclipses are fun to see in the game, that’s why whenever I see one while I’m playing I take a screenshot of it. The Dunes gives me flashbacks *shudders* yeah the PDA isn’t talking about Reefbacks. Also biters are extremely annoying.
lSyxazy.png
FMoJ9vk.png
xKIpW2A.png
G8AyR6r.png

Land ahoy! I found a floating island and am now exploring it, scanning everything, and gathering resources.

Edit: I just found a reefback with its back above the water. Is that normal?

Land ahoy! I found a floating island and am now exploring it, scanning everything, and gathering resources.

oJK1fXV.png
Hold on. There are solar eclipses in Subnautica?? Man, I spend too much time underwater [emoji=fae laughing size=1]
Hold on. There are solar eclipses in Subnautica?? Man, I spend too much time underwater
I will
give you DRAGONS for MONEY
HQevuOP.png Sell me
your
dragons!

(Anyone got an XXX tarnish G1?)
[quote name="DriftingDreams" date="2022-08-24 18:12:33" ] Edit: I just found a reefback with its back above the water. Is that normal? [/quote] Yeah, they do that sometimes. They're just big whales. I love them :>
DriftingDreams wrote on 2022-08-24 18:12:33:
Yeah, they do that sometimes. They're just big whales. I love them :>
I will
give you DRAGONS for MONEY
HQevuOP.png Sell me
your
dragons!

(Anyone got an XXX tarnish G1?)
Hello hello.
Hello hello.

GY8SaZl.png
Them/They. Polish. FR 9+. You can call me Vulture, KingVulture, BSM, Moon or even Raptor. A big Rain World, Hollow Knight and Portal fan. A big idiot that just wants a frien. About me. My Wishlist.
Awesome progress! You're so much braver than me playing this game, lol! The Dunes is a different biome from what you found - you found the Blood Kelp Trench. It's located southwest from your lifepod, and I believe it is nearby the Dunes.

The solar eclipses are so beautiful! I always love seeing them. At first I get a bolt of fear as everything goes dark before looking up to watch in awe. LOL.

Great job finding the floating island!! I definitely recommend exploring it thoroughly and scanning all the things!

Also, it's definitely normal for reefbacks to surface occasionally, but they can be really glitchy sometimes. I've seen them crash into rocks in the seabed :P
Awesome progress! You're so much braver than me playing this game, lol! The Dunes is a different biome from what you found - you found the Blood Kelp Trench. It's located southwest from your lifepod, and I believe it is nearby the Dunes.

The solar eclipses are so beautiful! I always love seeing them. At first I get a bolt of fear as everything goes dark before looking up to watch in awe. LOL.

Great job finding the floating island!! I definitely recommend exploring it thoroughly and scanning all the things!

Also, it's definitely normal for reefbacks to surface occasionally, but they can be really glitchy sometimes. I've seen them crash into rocks in the seabed :P
7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18