Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Characters you headcanon as autistic?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21
I have a note on my phone that's a list of all the characters I think are autistic! To name a few-

Yotsuba Tamaki (Idolish7)
Chongyun (Genshin Impact)
Kyan Reki and Hasegawa Langa (Sk8: The Infinity)
Aburame Shino (Naruto)
Tsukishima Kei and Kageyama Tobio (Haikyuu)
Kageyama Shigeo (Mob Psycho 100)
Maki Katsuragi (Stars Align)
Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

I have a lot more, but I won't clog up the thread too much!
I have a note on my phone that's a list of all the characters I think are autistic! To name a few-

Yotsuba Tamaki (Idolish7)
Chongyun (Genshin Impact)
Kyan Reki and Hasegawa Langa (Sk8: The Infinity)
Aburame Shino (Naruto)
Tsukishima Kei and Kageyama Tobio (Haikyuu)
Kageyama Shigeo (Mob Psycho 100)
Maki Katsuragi (Stars Align)
Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

I have a lot more, but I won't clog up the thread too much!
I love this thread! I have a ton of characters I hc as autistic, some make more sense than others but I'm autistic too let me project

Here's some hcs I can think of off the top of my head:
-Cyrus (Pokemon)
-Colress (Pokemon)
-Moon (Wings of Fire)
-Cricket (Wings of Fire)
-Jon Sims (The Magnus Archives)
-Andrew Kreiss (Identity V)
-Aesop Carl (Identity V) (Not a hc, he's actually canonly autistic!)
I love this thread! I have a ton of characters I hc as autistic, some make more sense than others but I'm autistic too let me project

Here's some hcs I can think of off the top of my head:
-Cyrus (Pokemon)
-Colress (Pokemon)
-Moon (Wings of Fire)
-Cricket (Wings of Fire)
-Jon Sims (The Magnus Archives)
-Andrew Kreiss (Identity V)
-Aesop Carl (Identity V) (Not a hc, he's actually canonly autistic!)
Feel free to click and feed my creatures!
2519517.png2534403.png2537496.png2567018.png2634339.png
@AllasBarron ur so right, moon is autistic
@AllasBarron ur so right, moon is autistic
CYT4VFx.png
i have autism and have a few characters i headcanon as autistic! i see traits in some of them

-prince zuko (avatar the last airbender) hes so awkward and doesnt always get social cues. pretty relatable to me
-kiyotaka ishimaru (danganronpa trigger happy havoc) (SMALL SPOILERS HERE) hes also awkward, had a huge reaction to mondo dying, has trouble keeping his volume down and doesnt always understand others
-himiko yumeno (danganronpa v3) (SPOILERS HERE TOO) she also shows depression symptoms pretty heavily, and her special interest is definitely magic. she didnt want to do anything until the third trial after tenko was killed, who was the only person to believe in her. after the trial, she cried over tenko
-gonta gokuhara (danganronpa v3) just the entire way he is makes me think hes autistic, i dont know how else to explain it
-gundham tanaka (danganronpa 2) misses social cues, special interest is animals (me too!), his speech patterns and way he says things is so interesting and definitely not "normal" and adds a lot to his character! also his hellhound earring!! comfort object!!
-legoshi (beastars) ok i swear this isnt just me projecting onto him but he acts like me. overthinks often, hates social situations, gets awkward really easy and has difficulty talking to others, he also gives me vibes that he has some sort of anxiety
-emmet and ingo (pokemon) just. just the way these two are they vibe with me so much. ingo has volume issues and has a special interest in trains and has a lack of emotion, emmet is super hyper and he even does the swingy arm thing and also hyperfixates on trains and pokemon battles!! he also has no off switch for what he should and shouldnt say and has little barrier on whats nice or not

im sure theres more i can think of but this list is getting long with my rambling
i have autism and have a few characters i headcanon as autistic! i see traits in some of them

-prince zuko (avatar the last airbender) hes so awkward and doesnt always get social cues. pretty relatable to me
-kiyotaka ishimaru (danganronpa trigger happy havoc) (SMALL SPOILERS HERE) hes also awkward, had a huge reaction to mondo dying, has trouble keeping his volume down and doesnt always understand others
-himiko yumeno (danganronpa v3) (SPOILERS HERE TOO) she also shows depression symptoms pretty heavily, and her special interest is definitely magic. she didnt want to do anything until the third trial after tenko was killed, who was the only person to believe in her. after the trial, she cried over tenko
-gonta gokuhara (danganronpa v3) just the entire way he is makes me think hes autistic, i dont know how else to explain it
-gundham tanaka (danganronpa 2) misses social cues, special interest is animals (me too!), his speech patterns and way he says things is so interesting and definitely not "normal" and adds a lot to his character! also his hellhound earring!! comfort object!!
-legoshi (beastars) ok i swear this isnt just me projecting onto him but he acts like me. overthinks often, hates social situations, gets awkward really easy and has difficulty talking to others, he also gives me vibes that he has some sort of anxiety
-emmet and ingo (pokemon) just. just the way these two are they vibe with me so much. ingo has volume issues and has a special interest in trains and has a lack of emotion, emmet is super hyper and he even does the swingy arm thing and also hyperfixates on trains and pokemon battles!! he also has no off switch for what he should and shouldnt say and has little barrier on whats nice or not

im sure theres more i can think of but this list is getting long with my rambling
Blanche from Pokemon Go has been stated to lose track of time when doing research and not get jokes, and also (I can't tell if this is intentional or just a side effect of 3D modeling being hard) looks like they're going to murder people whenever they have to smile for a picture, which I find quite relatable.
Blanche from Pokemon Go has been stated to lose track of time when doing research and not get jokes, and also (I can't tell if this is intentional or just a side effect of 3D modeling being hard) looks like they're going to murder people whenever they have to smile for a picture, which I find quite relatable.
The Enforcer - they/themAboutArtFree IconsAvatar DragonNeocitiesWishlistA pixelated animation of a teal Mirror dragon wearing a blue and purple hood. They blink and then a heart appears in a speech balloon before filling with dark liquid and fading to black.
I consume like one new piece of media per year so this list has hardly changed but
  • Jotaro Kujo (JJBA)
  • Noriaki Kakyoin (JJBA)
  • Kars (JJBA) (I know that he would further all the negative stereotypes but. they can't all be winners)
  • Josuk8 definitely isn’t neurotypical
  • Rei Ryugazaki (Free!)
  • Haruka Nanase (Free!)
  • N (Pokémon Black and White)
  • Twilight Sparkle (MLP:FiM)
  • Tenya Iida (My Hero Academia)
  • Judah (BoJack Horseman) (implied in canon)
  • Abed (Community) (strongly implied in canon)
I consume like one new piece of media per year so this list has hardly changed but
  • Jotaro Kujo (JJBA)
  • Noriaki Kakyoin (JJBA)
  • Kars (JJBA) (I know that he would further all the negative stereotypes but. they can't all be winners)
  • Josuk8 definitely isn’t neurotypical
  • Rei Ryugazaki (Free!)
  • Haruka Nanase (Free!)
  • N (Pokémon Black and White)
  • Twilight Sparkle (MLP:FiM)
  • Tenya Iida (My Hero Academia)
  • Judah (BoJack Horseman) (implied in canon)
  • Abed (Community) (strongly implied in canon)
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
Ax from Animorphs is the patron saint of weird kids who turn out to have Extremely Undiagnosed Autism. Doesn't understand cultural references, sarcasm, or humor? Check. Fixation on specific topics? Check (he really likes soap operas). Extreme response to sensory experiences? Check (although his reactions are very positive). It's also kind of an example of how writers will sometimes write nonhuman characters by removing certain traits and calling it a day, which instead accidentally codes them as neurodivergent... but look let me have this

Tobias from Animorphs is also for sure on the spectrum -- he's a weird, dreamy kid who doesn't seem to fully get social cues. He's also very knowledgeable about dinosaurs in the same way I was when I was around his age!

I want to second Moon from Wings of Fire because of how heavily I related to her sensory issues. I read her book right when they were starting to get really bad, and she fully Gets It. She can't read social cues at all, she gets overwhelmed when she's around a lot of people and will either panic or have to leave, and is absolutely desperate to fit in while feeling like she's hiding something massive from the people around her... ofc it's all due to her mind reading but like,
Ax from Animorphs is the patron saint of weird kids who turn out to have Extremely Undiagnosed Autism. Doesn't understand cultural references, sarcasm, or humor? Check. Fixation on specific topics? Check (he really likes soap operas). Extreme response to sensory experiences? Check (although his reactions are very positive). It's also kind of an example of how writers will sometimes write nonhuman characters by removing certain traits and calling it a day, which instead accidentally codes them as neurodivergent... but look let me have this

Tobias from Animorphs is also for sure on the spectrum -- he's a weird, dreamy kid who doesn't seem to fully get social cues. He's also very knowledgeable about dinosaurs in the same way I was when I was around his age!

I want to second Moon from Wings of Fire because of how heavily I related to her sensory issues. I read her book right when they were starting to get really bad, and she fully Gets It. She can't read social cues at all, she gets overwhelmed when she's around a lot of people and will either panic or have to leave, and is absolutely desperate to fit in while feeling like she's hiding something massive from the people around her... ofc it's all due to her mind reading but like,
143973s64ei05ghw.gif
1294430j4ozkwci0p.gif
487019ciadv6xfmv.gif
892701w3ywmqn4c6.gif
they/them, 21
ninbinarycatcher.png
I kinda headcanon all fae and nocturne dragons as autistic lol
I kinda headcanon all fae and nocturne dragons as autistic lol
IMG_4595.png
image1.png
5hF3FGk.png
image0.png
image0.png
image3.png
[color=cadetblue]Prowl from the Transformers franchise. G1 is where I was introduced to the character, and he has a lot of 'stereotypical' autistic traits; Logical, brilliant, bad with people, quiet. And probably the biggest tip-off, his robo brain actually short-circuits when something unexpected happens that he couldn't calculate. He basically has meltdowns when anything changes that he couldn't account for, he struggles to relate to people due to how he prefers rigidity and structure, he's incredibly smart in areas that he enjoys (military strategy), and he overall kind of just has the tone of someone on the spectrum. Not to mention that his IDW incarnation reveals even more struggles with companions, even ones he sees highly of and has a kind of respect for. This could be projection, but I absolutely HC Prowl as autistic. On a similar note to Prowl, IDW Ultra Magnus also has stereotypical autistic traits, rigidity and a lack of social awareness/inability to connect. I have less to say about him but he's absolutely there too. And, as an aside for anyone wondering how a robot can have human neurodivergencies/illnesses; There's several panels of IDW wherein a character is directly referred to as having [b]Paranoid Personality Disorder[/b] by his therapist, and another that has a description written by the authors directly saying he has [b]ADHD[/b]. And a small comic that also says one of the characters was created with a different brain than other Cybertronians. So kudos to IDW for giving us not only lgbtq+ rep but also Neurodiversity/Mental Illness rep [emoji=ridgeback tongue size=1]
Prowl from the Transformers franchise. G1 is where I was introduced to the character, and he has a lot of 'stereotypical' autistic traits; Logical, brilliant, bad with people, quiet. And probably the biggest tip-off, his robo brain actually short-circuits when something unexpected happens that he couldn't calculate. He basically has meltdowns when anything changes that he couldn't account for, he struggles to relate to people due to how he prefers rigidity and structure, he's incredibly smart in areas that he enjoys (military strategy), and he overall kind of just has the tone of someone on the spectrum. Not to mention that his IDW incarnation reveals even more struggles with companions, even ones he sees highly of and has a kind of respect for. This could be projection, but I absolutely HC Prowl as autistic.
On a similar note to Prowl, IDW Ultra Magnus also has stereotypical autistic traits, rigidity and a lack of social awareness/inability to connect. I have less to say about him but he's absolutely there too.

And, as an aside for anyone wondering how a robot can have human neurodivergencies/illnesses; There's several panels of IDW wherein a character is directly referred to as having Paranoid Personality Disorder by his therapist, and another that has a description written by the authors directly saying he has ADHD. And a small comic that also says one of the characters was created with a different brain than other Cybertronians. So kudos to IDW for giving us not only lgbtq+ rep but also Neurodiversity/Mental Illness rep
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif
Thousands Have Lived Without Love, Not One Without Water.
– W.H.Auden
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif
First off: Thank you for making this thread!

And secondly: I will always, always headcanon Yuri Brand (from Balan Wonderworld) as autistic. Her issue is that she loves insects so much and all of her classmates hate them, so no one wants to care for the class insects and force her to take care of all of them. She gets severely overwhelmed by this, something that autistic people have to deal with a lot, and it makes her think that she has to like things everyone else does instead of insects, likely so that she won't be bullied and feel more "normal".
The ending to her story, which shows her slowly coming up to some of her classmates and showing them an insect cage, hints that she may be quiet and shy as well, but that may be due to possibly fearing a negative reaction from her classmates. It all works out in the end though, resulting in one of my favorite chapter endings in the entire game.
First off: Thank you for making this thread!

And secondly: I will always, always headcanon Yuri Brand (from Balan Wonderworld) as autistic. Her issue is that she loves insects so much and all of her classmates hate them, so no one wants to care for the class insects and force her to take care of all of them. She gets severely overwhelmed by this, something that autistic people have to deal with a lot, and it makes her think that she has to like things everyone else does instead of insects, likely so that she won't be bullied and feel more "normal".
The ending to her story, which shows her slowly coming up to some of her classmates and showing them an insect cage, hints that she may be quiet and shy as well, but that may be due to possibly fearing a negative reaction from her classmates. It all works out in the end though, resulting in one of my favorite chapter endings in the entire game.
............AdNAlvs.gif

J7D1quC.png 5hF3FGk.pngGf9Ba59.png
z8s5c34.png bYt72YT.png
AdNAlvs.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21