Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Characters you headcanon as autistic?
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21
oh also!! bear in mind that i haven't seen a lot of (or even most of) these, even if they are popular. so although i'm genuinely super interested in your headcanons and i would love to know more about the things these characters are from, it might take me a while to learn more or figure things out in that particular universe. i'll do my best to learn more, though!! it'd be nice for me to expand my horizons. all i ask is, if we do discuss more, please be patient as i might ask a lot of questions and/or get things wrong ^^' thank you!!
oh also!! bear in mind that i haven't seen a lot of (or even most of) these, even if they are popular. so although i'm genuinely super interested in your headcanons and i would love to know more about the things these characters are from, it might take me a while to learn more or figure things out in that particular universe. i'll do my best to learn more, though!! it'd be nice for me to expand my horizons. all i ask is, if we do discuss more, please be patient as i might ask a lot of questions and/or get things wrong ^^' thank you!!
i am the swift, up-flinging rush
of quiet birds in circling flight.
i am the day transcending night.
- clare harner, "immortality"

fandragons are in the "the motel" tab!
[quote name="Tammoratya" date="2022-01-16 15:27:42" ] proud autistic person here and loving this thread! anyways, owain from fire emblem awakening reads 100% autistic to me. hes loud and socially awkward and really focused on super specific things all the time. also i love that even though he is he still gets to make really great friends! also like kinda obscure but rin tsubokura from bleach, i always think about him as being really autistic and its great. characters who end up focusing really hard on stuff to the extent of forgetting about how to interact with others really sell it for me. also hes just got the Vibe. oh! and emil castagnier from tales of symphonia: dawn of the new world. hes really got that autism awkwardness that i relate heavily to. its a lot of inexperience with the world around him that gets explored in the game but i also like how quickly he can make friends with things like tiny monsters that fight with him. way more easily than he can people. [/quote] i'm glad you're enjoying the thread!!! i love this discussion, too!! i love all of these and they sound really special and personal to you, and emil especially sounds really interesting—i can definitely relate to making friends with things other than people more easily. i think i know a little bit about owain, but i didn't know much until now; i also think it's really cool that he has good friends :^)
Tammoratya wrote on 2022-01-16 15:27:42:
proud autistic person here and loving this thread!

anyways, owain from fire emblem awakening reads 100% autistic to me. hes loud and socially awkward and really focused on super specific things all the time. also i love that even though he is he still gets to make really great friends!

also like kinda obscure but rin tsubokura from bleach, i always think about him as being really autistic and its great. characters who end up focusing really hard on stuff to the extent of forgetting about how to interact with others really sell it for me. also hes just got the Vibe.

oh! and emil castagnier from tales of symphonia: dawn of the new world. hes really got that autism awkwardness that i relate heavily to. its a lot of inexperience with the world around him that gets explored in the game but i also like how quickly he can make friends with things like tiny monsters that fight with him. way more easily than he can people.

i'm glad you're enjoying the thread!!! i love this discussion, too!! i love all of these and they sound really special and personal to you, and emil especially sounds really interesting—i can definitely relate to making friends with things other than people more easily. i think i know a little bit about owain, but i didn't know much until now; i also think it's really cool that he has good friends :^)

[quote name="Mutation" date="2022-01-14 06:49:02" ] okay not autism strictly and he's also not a Human so it might just be what his species as a whole was like, but Megamind gives off STRONG ADHD-adjacent neurodivergent vibes and I love him. [/quote] that is SO VALID omg :^00000 makes sense, to be honest! and don't worry, i regret not saying this earlier but all neurodivergent headcanons are welcome here!! so i appreciate this contribution ^^ /gen and the nonhuman thing is fine as well; for me personally, that's kind of the same thing i have with quite a few of my autism headcanons. i can't speak for everyone but i will say that growing up Different has led me to relate to a lot of characters who might be of a different species—not because i'm not human, obviously, but more because i found fantastical creatures easier to relate to and understand than people. this is a really interesting headcanon!!
Mutation wrote on 2022-01-14 06:49:02:
okay not autism strictly and he's also not a Human so it might just be what his species as a whole was like, but Megamind gives off STRONG ADHD-adjacent neurodivergent vibes and I love him.

that is SO VALID omg :^00000 makes sense, to be honest! and don't worry, i regret not saying this earlier but all neurodivergent headcanons are welcome here!! so i appreciate this contribution ^^ /gen

and the nonhuman thing is fine as well; for me personally, that's kind of the same thing i have with quite a few of my autism headcanons. i can't speak for everyone but i will say that growing up Different has led me to relate to a lot of characters who might be of a different species—not because i'm not human, obviously, but more because i found fantastical creatures easier to relate to and understand than people. this is a really interesting headcanon!!

[quote name="Sashathebrave" date="2022-01-14 07:05:46" ] I feel like Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars give off some type of vibe along those lines. [/quote] honestly, from what i know about star wars—i can kind of see where you're coming from! i don't see ND headcanons for star wars very often, so this is really refreshing and i like it a lot!!
Sashathebrave wrote on 2022-01-14 07:05:46:
I feel like Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars give off some type of vibe along those lines.

honestly, from what i know about star wars—i can kind of see where you're coming from! i don't see ND headcanons for star wars very often, so this is really refreshing and i like it a lot!!

[quote name="Acetheaxolotl" date="2022-01-14 07:59:21" ] something bout rounsey gives me adhd vibes [/quote] ooooohh that makes a lot of sense actually!!! i really like that, i think it works well—especially with the whole thing spirals do where they make loops and knots, it very well may be a stimulation thing in her case!! so this is neat!!
Acetheaxolotl wrote on 2022-01-14 07:59:21:
something bout rounsey gives me adhd vibes

ooooohh that makes a lot of sense actually!!! i really like that, i think it works well—especially with the whole thing spirals do where they make loops and knots, it very well may be a stimulation thing in her case!! so this is neat!!

[quote name="Lunarduo" date="2022-01-14 10:42:27" ] Bruh Tapu Koko is practically cannon adhd [/quote] neato!! i had no idea, so i'll definitely be looking more into that!! it sounds like a really interesting portrayal as well, seeing as they're a legendary—it might be a pretty fascinating characterization!!
Lunarduo wrote on 2022-01-14 10:42:27:
Bruh Tapu Koko is practically cannon adhd

neato!! i had no idea, so i'll definitely be looking more into that!! it sounds like a really interesting portrayal as well, seeing as they're a legendary—it might be a pretty fascinating characterization!!

[quote name="kuujo" date="2022-01-14 10:54:37" ] I headcanon Blathers from Animal Crossing and Jotaro Kujo from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure to be autistic. They give me autistic vibes and I relate to them a lot. don't mind me as I casually headcanon all my f/os to be nd in some way [/quote] honestly the f/o thing is really cool, it's nice to be able to relate to them and i imagine they make you really happy ^^ and YESSSSS i agree 100% about blathers!! same goes for jotaro—i kind of get the vibes too there, and it's really awesome that he's characterized the way he is instead of being infantilized!! in general jotaro is neat; what i know about JJBA comes from osmosis from my friends, mostly, but i think he might be my favorite jojo, actually!
kuujo wrote on 2022-01-14 10:54:37:
I headcanon Blathers from Animal Crossing and Jotaro Kujo from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure to be autistic. They give me autistic vibes and I relate to them a lot.

don't mind me as I casually headcanon all my f/os to be nd in some way

honestly the f/o thing is really cool, it's nice to be able to relate to them and i imagine they make you really happy ^^ and YESSSSS i agree 100% about blathers!! same goes for jotaro—i kind of get the vibes too there, and it's really awesome that he's characterized the way he is instead of being infantilized!! in general jotaro is neat; what i know about JJBA comes from osmosis from my friends, mostly, but i think he might be my favorite jojo, actually!

[quote name="Stroctoperry" date="2022-01-16 12:07:29" ] All of Samuel Delany's protagonists feel autistic to me. [/quote] oh neato!! i've just looked him up, and his works seem really interesting! i love the cover designs especially, the 60s-70s sci fi vibe is fascinating to me but i also think his later works sound intriguing too. i'm interested in what seems to be the move from science and speculative fiction to more realistic works with occasional, but not central, speculative fiction elements. do you have any favorite works of his, or any favorite protagonists therein?
Stroctoperry wrote on 2022-01-16 12:07:29:
All of Samuel Delany's protagonists feel autistic to me.

oh neato!! i've just looked him up, and his works seem really interesting! i love the cover designs especially, the 60s-70s sci fi vibe is fascinating to me but i also think his later works sound intriguing too. i'm interested in what seems to be the move from science and speculative fiction to more realistic works with occasional, but not central, speculative fiction elements. do you have any favorite works of his, or any favorite protagonists therein?

[quote name="BeefnPotatostu" date="2022-01-16 20:40:56" ] Tony Stark. Idk just bc… He seems to have communication difficulties with ppl he’s close with, and is seen as rather unorthodox by the public. He has relationship difficulties in general, mainly bc he is obsessed with his special interest, which is building hundreds of iron man suits at hyperfixation levels and this has pushed the people he is close to away. He is incredibly smart at science. A little less skilled socially since he’s not particularly amiable and he doesn’t get along well with others due to his personality. He has cases of sensory overload, but really only in Iron Man 3 when triggered by reminders of the catastrophic world invasion, so clearly it’s intended to be PTSD related, which it probably is, but it reads as very sensory overload to me since his panic attacks are near meltdown levels and he runs to his protective “sensory safe” metal suit for refuge. He seems to spend time with robots more than with people. That’s bc people irritate him and misunderstand him frequently due to his miscommunications and poor social ability. He sometimes has little regard for the effects his actions have on others. This could be solely due to self absorption, but because Tony is a well intentioned and good hearted person I like to think this is just bc he has a poor understanding of others’ needs. [/quote] yooooo......this makes a lot of sense, actually!! i really, really like this!! i like the way you explain it, i think it just clicks really well and it's a really good explanation for both people who are very aware of the source material and people who don't know much about it. the strong hyperfixation and difficulty understanding/communicating with others especially are very understandable!!
BeefnPotatostu wrote on 2022-01-16 20:40:56:
Tony Stark. Idk just bc… He seems to have communication difficulties with ppl he’s close with, and is seen as rather unorthodox by the public. He has relationship difficulties in general, mainly bc he is obsessed with his special interest, which is building hundreds of iron man suits at hyperfixation levels and this has pushed the people he is close to away. He is incredibly smart at science. A little less skilled socially since he’s not particularly amiable and he doesn’t get along well with others due to his personality.

He has cases of sensory overload, but really only in Iron Man 3 when triggered by reminders of the catastrophic world invasion, so clearly it’s intended to be PTSD related, which it probably is, but it reads as very sensory overload to me since his panic attacks are near meltdown levels and he runs to his protective “sensory safe” metal suit for refuge.

He seems to spend time with robots more than with people. That’s bc people irritate him and misunderstand him frequently due to his miscommunications and poor social ability. He sometimes has little regard for the effects his actions have on others. This could be solely due to self absorption, but because Tony is a well intentioned and good hearted person I like to think this is just bc he has a poor understanding of others’ needs.

yooooo......this makes a lot of sense, actually!! i really, really like this!! i like the way you explain it, i think it just clicks really well and it's a really good explanation for both people who are very aware of the source material and people who don't know much about it. the strong hyperfixation and difficulty understanding/communicating with others especially are very understandable!!

[quote name="Fishes" date="2022-01-17 13:19:10" ] [img]https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000137975872-wfxuq4-t500x500.jpg[/img] also: lancer is neurodivergent in some way. I get inattentive ADHD vibes oh and Prilla from those disney fairies novels! she's basically canon - she was created with more human spirit than most fairies so she can connect to the human world, and the human who she is most connected to is autistic too! [img]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/dfairies/images/5/59/Prilla%27s_Arrival.png[/img] [img]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/dfairies/images/0/0f/Fairy_Dust_and_the_Quest_for_the_Egg_-_Prilla%27s_room.jpg[/img] [/quote] SBHDFVBHDBFHV DJBHFGBVFF you are so right about papyrus!!! i can see where those vibes come from with lancer too, as far as i know; it makes sense!! also—those illustrations are gorgeous :^00000 i had no idea there were novels!! but i really, really like the idea of prilla being autistic by virtue of having a greater connection to humans, and that being what makes her different. i also love the idea of her being connected to an autistic human, that's super nice!! but the reason i like it is because it's so...well, humanizing. it's pretty much the opposite of all the most damaging ideas about autistic people, so i think that's really good!!
Fishes wrote on 2022-01-17 13:19:10:
artworks-000137975872-wfxuq4-t500x500.jpg

also: lancer is neurodivergent in some way. I get inattentive ADHD vibes

oh and Prilla from those disney fairies novels! she's basically canon - she was created with more human spirit than most fairies so she can connect to the human world, and the human who she is most connected to is autistic too!

Prilla%27s_Arrival.png

Fairy_Dust_and_the_Quest_for_the_Egg_-_Prilla%27s_room.jpg
SBHDFVBHDBFHV DJBHFGBVFF you are so right about papyrus!!! i can see where those vibes come from with lancer too, as far as i know; it makes sense!! also—those illustrations are gorgeous :^00000 i had no idea there were novels!! but i really, really like the idea of prilla being autistic by virtue of having a greater connection to humans, and that being what makes her different. i also love the idea of her being connected to an autistic human, that's super nice!! but the reason i like it is because it's so...well, humanizing. it's pretty much the opposite of all the most damaging ideas about autistic people, so i think that's really good!!

1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21