Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | NaNoWriMo 2021
1 2 3 4 5 6
Wishing everyone participating this year the best of luck!! Any amount of writing is better than none!

I really wish I could join in this year, but school + work keeps me from writing lately :'^) (the irony being that both are centered around writing) Maybe I'll try and scribble down some dragon lore here and there and call that my participation?
Wishing everyone participating this year the best of luck!! Any amount of writing is better than none!

I really wish I could join in this year, but school + work keeps me from writing lately :'^) (the irony being that both are centered around writing) Maybe I'll try and scribble down some dragon lore here and there and call that my participation?
270121df26a38a550804fed0a8ee2da2652e69ba.png
[quote name="@noun" date="2021-11-02 04:15:38" ] Maybe I'll try and scribble down some dragon lore here and there and call that my participation? [/quote] That works!
@noun wrote on 2021-11-02 04:15:38:
Maybe I'll try and scribble down some dragon lore here and there and call that my participation?
That works!
b6f3d4ea76e68d8090de5809afe1f0105cf2c98e.pngoYfCraJ.png0HxJjfZ.gif TAzcwMk.gif
I am writing this year, though I probably won't keep up with this thread...but good luck to everybody else who's participating! I kept on goal yesterday and wrote 1,680 words. I keep the traditional goals of 50,000 words in the month, approximately 1,670 words per day. I won in both 2019 and 2020. my main advice is to keep writing no matter how absolutely, horrifically, terrible awful your writing sounds to you in your head. push through that word count and you'll feel better at the end!
I am writing this year, though I probably won't keep up with this thread...but good luck to everybody else who's participating! I kept on goal yesterday and wrote 1,680 words. I keep the traditional goals of 50,000 words in the month, approximately 1,670 words per day. I won in both 2019 and 2020. my main advice is to keep writing no matter how absolutely, horrifically, terrible awful your writing sounds to you in your head. push through that word count and you'll feel better at the end!
I wrote 1,034 words today, bringing my total to 2,993.

How's everyone else doing?
I wrote 1,034 words today, bringing my total to 2,993.

How's everyone else doing?
Dinic: I don't know our exact wordcount since I'm writing in google docs to add it to our story later, but I think we're nearing the 5k mark if not have passed it already? It's going pretty good, we're started to get more invested in our characters heh
Dinic: I don't know our exact wordcount since I'm writing in google docs to add it to our story later, but I think we're nearing the 5k mark if not have passed it already? It's going pretty good, we're started to get more invested in our characters heh
I've been struggling. I don't like what's been flowing through my fingers. My inner editor keeps screaming at me, "This is awful! What are you doing?!"

I skipped yesterday, but have written 721 words so far today, bringing my total to 10,607.

I'm going to try to do more today. I am ahead of my goal so far, though, being that it's 27k words, rather than 50k.

How is everyone else doing with their nano projects?
I've been struggling. I don't like what's been flowing through my fingers. My inner editor keeps screaming at me, "This is awful! What are you doing?!"

I skipped yesterday, but have written 721 words so far today, bringing my total to 10,607.

I'm going to try to do more today. I am ahead of my goal so far, though, being that it's 27k words, rather than 50k.

How is everyone else doing with their nano projects?
Please remember that while numbers and badges are lovely the main point of nano is the journey, and getting into the habit of writing

Also remember that if you are doing nano as writing leave the editing (and word cutting) for after ;)
Please remember that while numbers and badges are lovely the main point of nano is the journey, and getting into the habit of writing

Also remember that if you are doing nano as writing leave the editing (and word cutting) for after ;)
v886aA7.png 6YousWl.pnghzM3Sr2.pngL74Jfbv.png F7omzdo.png 0HBKL8H.png
dEe2UrM.png
uPNWHgD.png
0vW8aup.png
Sweetie I can barely get enough motivation to get out of bed in the morning let alone work on my novel
It took all year to get 15k words down and I'm not even on chapter 6 yet
I don't expect to be done before I graduate middle school
If I'm lucky I'll be a sophomore by the time it's published
And all the memes and slang will be out of date

@Pumpkinbutter
Did you get published? Are you famous?
Sweetie I can barely get enough motivation to get out of bed in the morning let alone work on my novel
It took all year to get 15k words down and I'm not even on chapter 6 yet
I don't expect to be done before I graduate middle school
If I'm lucky I'll be a sophomore by the time it's published
And all the memes and slang will be out of date

@Pumpkinbutter
Did you get published? Are you famous?
Dreamcore/Weirdcore enjoyer.
Trans Male (Ae/Aer)
Check out my new group RP!
@Insidiously goodness no, I haven't done the editing and publishing work on those two, but I still have them and might star that process one day. and please don't fret if you haven't gotten a novel done before middle school; I didn't finish my first novel before then either! drafting and editing are also totally different processes, so if all the slang is out of date, you can always deal with that later when you're revising.
@Insidiously goodness no, I haven't done the editing and publishing work on those two, but I still have them and might star that process one day. and please don't fret if you haven't gotten a novel done before middle school; I didn't finish my first novel before then either! drafting and editing are also totally different processes, so if all the slang is out of date, you can always deal with that later when you're revising.
quick update: I have managed to stay on task for the entirety of november so far, which is pretty shocking for me. the other years I've participated, I fell into the "I'll wrote more tomorrow" trap constantly, and always had to play a lot of catch-up near the end. my word count is 19,758 as of writing this (I write at night, so I haven't written for today yet, but target for yesterday was ~18,337 for those who follow that). my plot has changed multiple times and so have my character names. however, I've managed to beat the urge to delete my previous word count. those earlier versions really help to look back on, and even outside of nano, I think it's fantastic to be able to look back on what you were thinking of at first and compare it to what you're doing now.

another nano tip: if you're stuck, copy-and-paste an earlier scene into Notepad, then rewrite it on your main word editor. keep both versions in your document. it can help generate new ideas for scenes. several times when I've done this, I've gone in a completely unexpected direction.
quick update: I have managed to stay on task for the entirety of november so far, which is pretty shocking for me. the other years I've participated, I fell into the "I'll wrote more tomorrow" trap constantly, and always had to play a lot of catch-up near the end. my word count is 19,758 as of writing this (I write at night, so I haven't written for today yet, but target for yesterday was ~18,337 for those who follow that). my plot has changed multiple times and so have my character names. however, I've managed to beat the urge to delete my previous word count. those earlier versions really help to look back on, and even outside of nano, I think it's fantastic to be able to look back on what you were thinking of at first and compare it to what you're doing now.

another nano tip: if you're stuck, copy-and-paste an earlier scene into Notepad, then rewrite it on your main word editor. keep both versions in your document. it can help generate new ideas for scenes. several times when I've done this, I've gone in a completely unexpected direction.
1 2 3 4 5 6