Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | NaNoWriMo 2021
1 2 3 4 5 6
Here's my stuff-

Blood by the Trees

In a world where humans have destroyed everything, machinery is the lifeblood of the earth. But when the machines start mysteriously failing, humanity calls upon the Shifters to save it.

Who are the shifters? They are mysterious beings that are in touch with nature. They can shift into one animal from the age of seven, when not shifted they are ordinary humans, albeit some strange animalistic traits here and there.

But, there's just one problem. Shifters were ostrasized and hunted down for their abilities, by humans, and now they're being asked for the help by the very people who had no mercy for them?

The story follows Clove, a 15 year old cougar Shifter, and her 17 year old cousin, Birch, a jackal Shifter.

Will the last two existing Shifters be able to find the beast that breaks the machines, and bring back their kind?

Genre: Fantasy? Idk?

My NaNoWriMo page: https://nanowrimo.org/participants/bubbl...606d5f485d (my username is .Bubbles.)
Here's my stuff-

Blood by the Trees

In a world where humans have destroyed everything, machinery is the lifeblood of the earth. But when the machines start mysteriously failing, humanity calls upon the Shifters to save it.

Who are the shifters? They are mysterious beings that are in touch with nature. They can shift into one animal from the age of seven, when not shifted they are ordinary humans, albeit some strange animalistic traits here and there.

But, there's just one problem. Shifters were ostrasized and hunted down for their abilities, by humans, and now they're being asked for the help by the very people who had no mercy for them?

The story follows Clove, a 15 year old cougar Shifter, and her 17 year old cousin, Birch, a jackal Shifter.

Will the last two existing Shifters be able to find the beast that breaks the machines, and bring back their kind?

Genre: Fantasy? Idk?

My NaNoWriMo page: https://nanowrimo.org/participants/bubbl...606d5f485d (my username is .Bubbles.)
Copy and paste my name to avoid mispings!
Why I really need you to send me a random friend request!
I'm considering trying it this year, if only because I want to finally finish a Warriors fanfic I started in 2017. Hard to believe it's 4 years old now...
I'm considering trying it this year, if only because I want to finally finish a Warriors fanfic I started in 2017. Hard to believe it's 4 years old now...
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
I think I'm gonna try it! While I don't think I can write 50,000 words, I really need to work on my worldbuilding and preparation for my dnd campaign. I think I'm gonna try around 500 words per day, since I feel like that's doable for me. Might as well start somewhere!
I think I'm gonna try it! While I don't think I can write 50,000 words, I really need to work on my worldbuilding and preparation for my dnd campaign. I think I'm gonna try around 500 words per day, since I feel like that's doable for me. Might as well start somewhere!
5511.png tumblr_inline_n6kdvu56Os1qlye38.gif6073.png
@Petrichoris

The link didn't work, but I searched and found you. My username is the same as here, SocklessWonder

I wish people could form their own groups on the site, rather than rely on a regional group. For instance, we're not exactly in the same part of the world (U.S. Southwest), so...

Besides, I don't always connect with people who live near me. It's not like I live in a small town (I have lived in a small town...it was a g o n y having everyone know my business!).

I am, however, part of Ascribe, a writing club here on FR, which has a discord that just opened up a nano-2021 channel and I'm getting excited to get going on Nov. 1!

I love your idea and that's definitely fantasy, but I smell a side of sci-fi, too! The combo can work really well. Sounds like a fun story!

@MaplesHaiku

Four years ago seems like yesterday and "a long time ago" at the same time. Perception of time is so weird...

@Vrykolakas

That sound do-able! It's a much nicer number to work toward. Less stress and pressure.

I'm excited to get going, but at the same time, I know I'm going to do that auto-editing that tends to slow me down. Maybe there's a trick to turning off my inner editor and I just have to discover it
@Petrichoris

The link didn't work, but I searched and found you. My username is the same as here, SocklessWonder

I wish people could form their own groups on the site, rather than rely on a regional group. For instance, we're not exactly in the same part of the world (U.S. Southwest), so...

Besides, I don't always connect with people who live near me. It's not like I live in a small town (I have lived in a small town...it was a g o n y having everyone know my business!).

I am, however, part of Ascribe, a writing club here on FR, which has a discord that just opened up a nano-2021 channel and I'm getting excited to get going on Nov. 1!

I love your idea and that's definitely fantasy, but I smell a side of sci-fi, too! The combo can work really well. Sounds like a fun story!

@MaplesHaiku

Four years ago seems like yesterday and "a long time ago" at the same time. Perception of time is so weird...

@Vrykolakas

That sound do-able! It's a much nicer number to work toward. Less stress and pressure.

I'm excited to get going, but at the same time, I know I'm going to do that auto-editing that tends to slow me down. Maybe there's a trick to turning off my inner editor and I just have to discover it
b6f3d4ea76e68d8090de5809afe1f0105cf2c98e.pngoYfCraJ.png0HxJjfZ.gif TAzcwMk.gif
@Petrichoris

That sounds very interesting. Looking forward to hearing more about it!

@MaplesHaiku

4 years seems like yesterday. That's the year I graduated, it is hard to believe.

@Vrykolakas

That sounds like a good goal!!

@SocklessWonder

I feel ya on the inner editor. That tends to creep up on me like crazy.
@Petrichoris

That sounds very interesting. Looking forward to hearing more about it!

@MaplesHaiku

4 years seems like yesterday. That's the year I graduated, it is hard to believe.

@Vrykolakas

That sounds like a good goal!!

@SocklessWonder

I feel ya on the inner editor. That tends to creep up on me like crazy.
LEpJMnn.pngzNcyhot.pngtRvB8Xn.pngAswnqzl.pngzl1ZGZ2.png
Yep, 6th year running. I didn't participate last year because I was busy, but I did win in 2019 so I'm aiming for another win.
Yep, 6th year running. I didn't participate last year because I was busy, but I did win in 2019 so I'm aiming for another win.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
I should do it and find somebody to keep me honest every day. My novel's.. I don't even know what draft at this point, needs finishing up. Then I need to edit it.

I participated in either 2019 or 2018 on FR and did some lore for my dragons, I think I have the badge somewhere on my profile.
I should do it and find somebody to keep me honest every day. My novel's.. I don't even know what draft at this point, needs finishing up. Then I need to edit it.

I participated in either 2019 or 2018 on FR and did some lore for my dragons, I think I have the badge somewhere on my profile.
WKtl2lb.pngYMPbu9R.pngBS4vqBB.png
Old Dragon Enjoyer
I'm gonna try it! But considering my track record of... *counts on fingers* 6 failed attempts, I'm not looking so hot, lol.
I'm gonna try it! But considering my track record of... *counts on fingers* 6 failed attempts, I'm not looking so hot, lol.
jCVhFoZ.gif
I don't know much about this thing... in what way do you win, what pool of people are you chosen from if you win?

Also my sibling is getting a package from the nano guys in our area... might try get them to share with me ;)
I don't know much about this thing... in what way do you win, what pool of people are you chosen from if you win?

Also my sibling is getting a package from the nano guys in our area... might try get them to share with me ;)
Copy and paste my name to avoid mispings!
Why I really need you to send me a random friend request!
Dervish: We might have seen a couple of you on the NaNoWriMo forums. We've been doing it according to our profile since 2017 and have failed every year but most of that's been trial and error since figuring out how to do group projects is a nightmare as a system. Maybe we'll actually make it to 50k for once this year.
Dervish: We might have seen a couple of you on the NaNoWriMo forums. We've been doing it according to our profile since 2017 and have failed every year but most of that's been trial and error since figuring out how to do group projects is a nightmare as a system. Maybe we'll actually make it to 50k for once this year.
1 2 3 4 5 6