Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What topic are you an expert on? Share?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I am absolutely OBSESSED with the Cookie Run franchise (The three active games at the moment are Cookie Run: Ovenbreak, Cookie Run Puzzle World and Cookie Run: kingdom) and their lore and characters! It may sound odd but my god, my freaking god, the lore for those games is INSANE! Literally and figuratively! There's so many characters that fit into the overarching stories and other arcs with other characters and one of the things I'm slowly working towards right now is making the "Cookiespiracy Theory"- a theory that connects all the lore throughout every game and other official/canon media that makes sense! Plus a lore iceberg about the game, to organize it and such. New things are added every month or so which may make it kinda hard to keep up haha

I know about a lot of random things I sure as hell shouldn't have to know about a game involving sentient pastries running but it's actually insanely interesting once you fall into the rabbit hole
I am absolutely OBSESSED with the Cookie Run franchise (The three active games at the moment are Cookie Run: Ovenbreak, Cookie Run Puzzle World and Cookie Run: kingdom) and their lore and characters! It may sound odd but my god, my freaking god, the lore for those games is INSANE! Literally and figuratively! There's so many characters that fit into the overarching stories and other arcs with other characters and one of the things I'm slowly working towards right now is making the "Cookiespiracy Theory"- a theory that connects all the lore throughout every game and other official/canon media that makes sense! Plus a lore iceberg about the game, to organize it and such. New things are added every month or so which may make it kinda hard to keep up haha

I know about a lot of random things I sure as hell shouldn't have to know about a game involving sentient pastries running but it's actually insanely interesting once you fall into the rabbit hole
it / its

my tism. Too strong.
cQcx9mq.png9hqcHsy.pnghh5n4WA.pngmtHAEL4.png
AaYNmEX.pngypcKWM0.png4xqaZpf.pngay4nb7T.png
TWSJTng.pngr8v91MH.pngIgxj6v7.pnggYW0j5f.png
iJZWqi6.pngFcevfEX.pnggziv3Ja.pngOuGYfwM.png
mHG2UNd.pngPvUqAA2.pngKdJtVsv.png1fpzX0w.png
i have way too much knowledge on the Wings of Fire and Warrior Cats book series. ive been in the Warriors fandom for so long in fact, that the terminology from the books has seeped into my regular vocabulary and now i use terms from the books on a near daily basis (ex. Mousebrained crow food)
i have way too much knowledge on the Wings of Fire and Warrior Cats book series. ive been in the Warriors fandom for so long in fact, that the terminology from the books has seeped into my regular vocabulary and now i use terms from the books on a near daily basis (ex. Mousebrained crow food)
littlemen.png
ornithology :^)

what i actually do is research museum curation with north american bird species. mostly specimen preparation and data collection, aging/sexing/identifying birds and turning them into research-quality specimens! stuffing the whole bird where it's possible, feeding them to the flesh-eating beetles where it's not. i technically work in a tetrapods collection, we just mostly get birds because of how common window strikes are :(

outside of that i also know a good chunk of info on of avian courtship!! plumage, weird courtship dances, things like that. i also have some interests brood parasitism and corvid intelligence. basically, i think birds are neat

also, elder scrolls niche lore. i'm not an expert but i'm definitely at the level of fluency where it's kinda weird now
ornithology :^)

what i actually do is research museum curation with north american bird species. mostly specimen preparation and data collection, aging/sexing/identifying birds and turning them into research-quality specimens! stuffing the whole bird where it's possible, feeding them to the flesh-eating beetles where it's not. i technically work in a tetrapods collection, we just mostly get birds because of how common window strikes are :(

outside of that i also know a good chunk of info on of avian courtship!! plumage, weird courtship dances, things like that. i also have some interests brood parasitism and corvid intelligence. basically, i think birds are neat

also, elder scrolls niche lore. i'm not an expert but i'm definitely at the level of fluency where it's kinda weird now
hikaru
22 • he/him • eng/jpn • fr+3

click here for a random bird
________
@whalesbone thats so cool. what kind of qualifications did you need to get a job like that?
@whalesbone thats so cool. what kind of qualifications did you need to get a job like that?
ytkEBod.pngll0CfnD.png510b8a63d40dc52d20b17daf90107ad8a80d4b80.png
@Lasagnagsag that looks amazing :0
@Lasagnagsag that looks amazing :0
Aged Tome she/her
FR+3
wishlist
@EmeraldSands315 Pokemon really is the best! I only really got into it when Pokemon GO came out, but I loved learning about all the various Pokemon to discover. It's amazing how much depth that franchise has.
@EmeraldSands315 Pokemon really is the best! I only really got into it when Pokemon GO came out, but I loved learning about all the various Pokemon to discover. It's amazing how much depth that franchise has.
Aged Tome she/her
FR+3
wishlist
I’m an expert on Pokémon battling strats, just not bothered to put them together in-game or on Pokémon showdown
I’m an expert on Pokémon battling strats, just not bothered to put them together in-game or on Pokémon showdown
pTjbLr0.png
Bingo
They/Them
+8 FRT
My username is RBG, not RGB
HotnSpicy’s Beauty Tips and Tricks
[nextcol]Blank blank blank[nextcol]blank blank blank[nextcol]
I am an expert on werewolves and pokemon!

Ask me a question about them and I might have the answer. I have grown up with werewolf lore my entire life.

Pokemon is another thing i am good at. Mostly shiny hunting. The likelyness of finding one depending on the game. How it works and what colors most shinies show up as.
I am an expert on werewolves and pokemon!

Ask me a question about them and I might have the answer. I have grown up with werewolf lore my entire life.

Pokemon is another thing i am good at. Mostly shiny hunting. The likelyness of finding one depending on the game. How it works and what colors most shinies show up as.
tumblr_nonnjrCJjU1uw8pgho1_500.png
[quote name="neonglow" date="2021-06-13 18:50:55" ] super mario galaxy 1 and 2 are a special interest of mine and boy howdy do i know a lot about them!!! they're both like, my favorite video game, have been since i was super young. i'm not a rabid fan or anything but it's one of my "unconventional" interests for sure. idrk how to like just talk about these games or their details or anything but rest assured i know a lot! the youtube channel "did you know gaming" covers some fun stuff about it if you want to know more. [/quote] Oh, Super Mario Galaxy was my childhood. You're more than welcome to infodump about it in my PMs!
neonglow wrote on 2021-06-13 18:50:55:
super mario galaxy 1 and 2 are a special interest of mine and boy howdy do i know a lot about them!!! they're both like, my favorite video game, have been since i was super young. i'm not a rabid fan or anything but it's one of my "unconventional" interests for sure.

idrk how to like just talk about these games or their details or anything but rest assured i know a lot! the youtube channel "did you know gaming" covers some fun stuff about it if you want to know more.
Oh, Super Mario Galaxy was my childhood. You're more than welcome to infodump about it in my PMs!
dT9HQge.png zSxEqNq.png eIK5iG7.png WKtl2lb.png
GIJjY9o.png wqvfdXO.png fqRBC9C.png Z2soOA2.png
q9EEy5M.png EHXIkb0.png 2eDtvZS.png YMPbu9R.png
HELLO YES IT IS I YOUR LOCAL HISTORY AND BOOK NERD
I freakin love old books and how they relate to the times they were written.
Like how Dracula and Sherlock Holmes and Frankenstein all have strong toes to what was v important medical and scientific theories at the time.
Dracula has blood transfusions as a huge plotpoint.
Sherlock has a lot early forensics of course.
And Frankenstein was greatly inspired by the works of Luigi Galvani.
But its not just like science discoveries, lots a real life events inspire books too!
Like Phantom of the Opera was somewhat inspired by an event at the Paris Opera House where a chandelier nearly fell on guests.
And Moby D*ck was inspired by a tales of a whale called Mocha D*ck and some of the story's events are based on the tragic story of the Essex whaling ship.
Also a lot of William Shakespeare's works are based off of fairytales such as Amleth. And many historical figures such as Leir of Briton and Scottish Ruler Macbeth.

edit: second half of moby and mocha names got censored.
HELLO YES IT IS I YOUR LOCAL HISTORY AND BOOK NERD
I freakin love old books and how they relate to the times they were written.
Like how Dracula and Sherlock Holmes and Frankenstein all have strong toes to what was v important medical and scientific theories at the time.
Dracula has blood transfusions as a huge plotpoint.
Sherlock has a lot early forensics of course.
And Frankenstein was greatly inspired by the works of Luigi Galvani.
But its not just like science discoveries, lots a real life events inspire books too!
Like Phantom of the Opera was somewhat inspired by an event at the Paris Opera House where a chandelier nearly fell on guests.
And Moby D*ck was inspired by a tales of a whale called Mocha D*ck and some of the story's events are based on the tragic story of the Essex whaling ship.
Also a lot of William Shakespeare's works are based off of fairytales such as Amleth. And many historical figures such as Leir of Briton and Scottish Ruler Macbeth.

edit: second half of moby and mocha names got censored.
Runic Bat Spectral Duskflapper Cursed Bat Armored Duskflapper Spirit of Shadow
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10