Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What topic are you an expert on? Share?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
FNaF Lore thanks to MatPat and his wonderful Game Theories X3

Aaaaand maybe Warrior Cat names- If you want your dragon named like a Warrior Cat, I'm the gal you should talk to :3
FNaF Lore thanks to MatPat and his wonderful Game Theories X3

Aaaaand maybe Warrior Cat names- If you want your dragon named like a Warrior Cat, I'm the gal you should talk to :3
Half an Egg Challenge
Cheap, Derpy Art
The Spear Games (Day 2)

LJfZA40.pngmlHpBMC.png
FObX7rS.png

70662466p.png Velrosan2023.png

Not sure if this quite fits in with the topic but I love making sculptures from pinch pots. I'm definitely no expert though, I just kinda trial and error them until I get something that works. Unfortunately I'm not able to do it anymore, I only had access to clay and kilns in high school. It was something I could just go at with no plans, just sit down and start shaping it. It was so much easier than drawing for me. My final sculpture was a cockatrice about a foot tall, took me 3 weeks to finish. I'm really happy with the result. If anyone's interested in seeing it just @ me and I'll go dig up some old pics.
Not sure if this quite fits in with the topic but I love making sculptures from pinch pots. I'm definitely no expert though, I just kinda trial and error them until I get something that works. Unfortunately I'm not able to do it anymore, I only had access to clay and kilns in high school. It was something I could just go at with no plans, just sit down and start shaping it. It was so much easier than drawing for me. My final sculpture was a cockatrice about a foot tall, took me 3 weeks to finish. I'm really happy with the result. If anyone's interested in seeing it just @ me and I'll go dig up some old pics.
7ec4d967d09d92be1cbc5502b91700b20e05d1c0.gif 16446.png
+ Nags +
Amateur Artist
Professional Procrastinator
Fandragon Fanatic
16438.png 1eb8ba3e2a6af91adc647d6307f1cc30fa2e6290.gif
Hatchetfield fixation go brrrrr!
There’s a series of horror-comedy musicals and script readings on YouTube which is collectively known as just “the Hatchetfield series,” and oh god I’ve been in brainrot for forever now. I haven’t seen many people on here who are also in the fandom, but that isn’t stopping my severe hyperfixations.
There’s several stories that are all set in the town of Hatchetfield, which regularly has to deals with the supernatural, although most of the stories take place in separate timelines from each other. The lore is wack, I highly recommend it, although they do use a lot of crude language.
Hatchetfield fixation go brrrrr!
There’s a series of horror-comedy musicals and script readings on YouTube which is collectively known as just “the Hatchetfield series,” and oh god I’ve been in brainrot for forever now. I haven’t seen many people on here who are also in the fandom, but that isn’t stopping my severe hyperfixations.
There’s several stories that are all set in the town of Hatchetfield, which regularly has to deals with the supernatural, although most of the stories take place in separate timelines from each other. The lore is wack, I highly recommend it, although they do use a lot of crude language.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lTwcTPe.png
Zazz
cQS6PnX.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
yZFrBUC.png
mlHpBMC.png
d9YLPfe.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
x7lrvvy.png
@hyperpop

That wasn't boring at all- quite the opposite! I play acoustic guitar, so the sound of hyperpop was definitely foreign, but the entire hyperpop subculture is fascinating. I can almost compare it to how folk music was once used as a means of subverting mainstream sentiments and music ideas. I checked out your fandragon Hyperpop for more history and that was really cool. Thanks for sharing!
@hyperpop

That wasn't boring at all- quite the opposite! I play acoustic guitar, so the sound of hyperpop was definitely foreign, but the entire hyperpop subculture is fascinating. I can almost compare it to how folk music was once used as a means of subverting mainstream sentiments and music ideas. I checked out your fandragon Hyperpop for more history and that was really cool. Thanks for sharing!
Aged Tome she/her
FR+3
wishlist
@Lasagnagsag , please do share! I remember having lots of trouble with pinch pots in art class haha
@Lasagnagsag , please do share! I remember having lots of trouble with pinch pots in art class haha
Aged Tome she/her
FR+3
wishlist
I play competitive Pokemon. I pretty much know all the moves, abilities, specific natures a pokemon should have for it to be good in competitive, etc. I have fun making fun teams, for example, a team that revolves around one pokemon, and the other five in the party just help set up the sweep. If you are ever interested in dabbling in competitve, I recommend Pokemon Showdown, you can really experiement there. :^)
I play competitive Pokemon. I pretty much know all the moves, abilities, specific natures a pokemon should have for it to be good in competitive, etc. I have fun making fun teams, for example, a team that revolves around one pokemon, and the other five in the party just help set up the sweep. If you are ever interested in dabbling in competitve, I recommend Pokemon Showdown, you can really experiement there. :^)
Alright here he is. His main body is 2 pinch pots, his neck is one, and his tail another. I rolled out and cut clay in the shape of the wings, head things, and scales, rolled coils for the wing fingers. Wings attached to the neck for stability (though one did fall off after a day or 2). The head and legs are solid pieces. I carved holes in the head and put little balls in for the eyes, then added little flat pieces for the eyelids. Awkwardly shaped the feet by hand but they turned out well. Sorry for the long post, don't know how to resize pics lmao [img]https://i.imgur.com/FPLOigd.jpg[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/hunJvnx.jpg[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/QXTcJoJ.jpg[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/HEDb6Gu.jpg[/img]
Alright here he is. His main body is 2 pinch pots, his neck is one, and his tail another. I rolled out and cut clay in the shape of the wings, head things, and scales, rolled coils for the wing fingers. Wings attached to the neck for stability (though one did fall off after a day or 2). The head and legs are solid pieces. I carved holes in the head and put little balls in for the eyes, then added little flat pieces for the eyelids. Awkwardly shaped the feet by hand but they turned out well.
Sorry for the long post, don't know how to resize pics lmao

FPLOigd.jpghunJvnx.jpgQXTcJoJ.jpgHEDb6Gu.jpg
7ec4d967d09d92be1cbc5502b91700b20e05d1c0.gif 16446.png
+ Nags +
Amateur Artist
Professional Procrastinator
Fandragon Fanatic
16438.png 1eb8ba3e2a6af91adc647d6307f1cc30fa2e6290.gif
@hyperpop thanks now i wanna know everything
@hyperpop thanks now i wanna know everything
pinging is always ok!
plague.gifattempt.png smaller_harajuku.pngwind.gif
I suppose Flight Rising and Pokemon :3
Edit: The Binding of Isaac as well I love it so much and can ramble about it for hours but none of my friends is into that :v
I suppose Flight Rising and Pokemon :3
Edit: The Binding of Isaac as well I love it so much and can ramble about it for hours but none of my friends is into that :v
rzrrjmF.gif
Tons of rambling incoming, I'm sorry for how long this post ended up being but I got excited.

I've been into Pokemon since I was a toddler (I'm in my early twenties now) and so I have a practically encyclopedic knowledge of it--the games and the anime are my main areas of expertise.

As far as the anime, I'm very into character analysis--with the characters that are most important to me I love to dig deep, looking at all their behavior, figuring out why they are the way they are and unpacking the impressive amount of depth and nuance this kids' show gives its characters. (And since most of the main characters are kids and the canon timeline is like, a weird stasis where time passes but nobody ever gets any older, there's also a lot of fun in thinking of what their lives could be like and who they'd be as they got older--this is also where shipping comes in, which is a ton of fun because there are so many dynamics to explore with how different personalities behave and interact in romantic relationships. Relationships both romantic and platonic are a big area of interest for me in all of my fandoms, but especially Pokemon.)

As for the games, I also dabble in character analysis with the characters I grow attached to, but my true passion is for learning all I can about my favorite Pokemon and how to make them shine in battle--which has meant learning a lot about game mechanics, about moves, abilities, natures, and EVs (IVs are a thing too, but IV breeding does not spark joy for me so I don't bother with it). I've also gathered a lot of knowledge on how to get Pokemon that shine literally--shiny hunting is super fun for me when I'm in the right mood for it, I love the satisfaction of getting everything set up just right and then the thrill of, after often hundreds of eggs/encounters, finally seeing the sparkles and pretty colors. I also enjoy challenging myself by doing playthroughs where I limit the Pokemon I can use to ones with a specific type, or a favorite character's team, or even just a single Pokemon (which is especially fun because relying on just one Pokemon makes you very aware of its strengths and weaknesses, and at least for me forges a strong emotional connection with the one I'm facing every battle alongside).

I also have some other strong non-Pokemon interests though! I was absolutely the Weird Horse Kid growing up (and I accept that label with pride, not shame, because I refuse to see any shame in having a harmless passion) and since I didn't have the kind of financial situation that allowed me to be around horses much, let alone have one of my own, I filled the void with research. I read and watched everything to do with horses that I could get my hands on, and so I learned a ton--to this day I can recognize a lot of breeds and coat colors/patterns by name and on sight, for example. My favorite breeds are Friesians, Arabians, and American Quarter Horses. It's been a dream of mine to work with horses in some capacity since I was a kid, though so far it hasn't exactly panned out.

Another interest of mine, which I unlike the other two I developed in my late teens, is nutrition and fitness. I was a gym rat for a while in my teens and I had to learn how best to take care of my body when I was doing that, so I learned through a combination of research and "live and learn" stuff, as teenagers do. (Unrelated health issues have since forced me to stop exercising so heavily and I miss it a lot, but hanging onto the knowledge is still helpful.) As far as nutrition goes I don't adhere to a strict diet or anything despite being well aware of them, my history has proven that's a really risky path for me to go down, so I instead try to practice intuitive eating--just trying to listen to my body and give it what it needs. It's not the kind of stuff I excitedly infodump about, but it's something I quietly get use out of for taking care of myself and giving friends and family advice when they ask me for it.

Also I write sickfic, so I've spent way too much time on WebMD and similar websites researching illnesses--the way symptoms manifest and how to treat them and stuff like that (though I'm not usually even trying for much medical accuracy in my writing, I'm usually just throwing symptoms at a character so the nearest other character can take care of them and they can Bond for the tenderness). Another thing I don't really excitedly infodump about, but it sure does come in useful that I happen to know things like what herbal teas are best for easing what symptoms. Because I happen to love herbal tea and love using it to solve my problems.
Tons of rambling incoming, I'm sorry for how long this post ended up being but I got excited.

I've been into Pokemon since I was a toddler (I'm in my early twenties now) and so I have a practically encyclopedic knowledge of it--the games and the anime are my main areas of expertise.

As far as the anime, I'm very into character analysis--with the characters that are most important to me I love to dig deep, looking at all their behavior, figuring out why they are the way they are and unpacking the impressive amount of depth and nuance this kids' show gives its characters. (And since most of the main characters are kids and the canon timeline is like, a weird stasis where time passes but nobody ever gets any older, there's also a lot of fun in thinking of what their lives could be like and who they'd be as they got older--this is also where shipping comes in, which is a ton of fun because there are so many dynamics to explore with how different personalities behave and interact in romantic relationships. Relationships both romantic and platonic are a big area of interest for me in all of my fandoms, but especially Pokemon.)

As for the games, I also dabble in character analysis with the characters I grow attached to, but my true passion is for learning all I can about my favorite Pokemon and how to make them shine in battle--which has meant learning a lot about game mechanics, about moves, abilities, natures, and EVs (IVs are a thing too, but IV breeding does not spark joy for me so I don't bother with it). I've also gathered a lot of knowledge on how to get Pokemon that shine literally--shiny hunting is super fun for me when I'm in the right mood for it, I love the satisfaction of getting everything set up just right and then the thrill of, after often hundreds of eggs/encounters, finally seeing the sparkles and pretty colors. I also enjoy challenging myself by doing playthroughs where I limit the Pokemon I can use to ones with a specific type, or a favorite character's team, or even just a single Pokemon (which is especially fun because relying on just one Pokemon makes you very aware of its strengths and weaknesses, and at least for me forges a strong emotional connection with the one I'm facing every battle alongside).

I also have some other strong non-Pokemon interests though! I was absolutely the Weird Horse Kid growing up (and I accept that label with pride, not shame, because I refuse to see any shame in having a harmless passion) and since I didn't have the kind of financial situation that allowed me to be around horses much, let alone have one of my own, I filled the void with research. I read and watched everything to do with horses that I could get my hands on, and so I learned a ton--to this day I can recognize a lot of breeds and coat colors/patterns by name and on sight, for example. My favorite breeds are Friesians, Arabians, and American Quarter Horses. It's been a dream of mine to work with horses in some capacity since I was a kid, though so far it hasn't exactly panned out.

Another interest of mine, which I unlike the other two I developed in my late teens, is nutrition and fitness. I was a gym rat for a while in my teens and I had to learn how best to take care of my body when I was doing that, so I learned through a combination of research and "live and learn" stuff, as teenagers do. (Unrelated health issues have since forced me to stop exercising so heavily and I miss it a lot, but hanging onto the knowledge is still helpful.) As far as nutrition goes I don't adhere to a strict diet or anything despite being well aware of them, my history has proven that's a really risky path for me to go down, so I instead try to practice intuitive eating--just trying to listen to my body and give it what it needs. It's not the kind of stuff I excitedly infodump about, but it's something I quietly get use out of for taking care of myself and giving friends and family advice when they ask me for it.

Also I write sickfic, so I've spent way too much time on WebMD and similar websites researching illnesses--the way symptoms manifest and how to treat them and stuff like that (though I'm not usually even trying for much medical accuracy in my writing, I'm usually just throwing symptoms at a character so the nearest other character can take care of them and they can Bond for the tenderness). Another thing I don't really excitedly infodump about, but it sure does come in useful that I happen to know things like what herbal teas are best for easing what symptoms. Because I happen to love herbal tea and love using it to solve my problems.
"Luvdisc's heart-shaped body is a symbol of love and romance. It is said that any couple meeting this Pokémon is promised a loving relationship that never ends."
he/they | early 20s | writer, country boy, Big Nerd
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10