Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ridiculous Insecurities or Fears?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
literally just being in public. i always feel like everyone is staring at me & judging me, even if there aren't any people in sight. like when i'm grocery shopping or something i'm usually in and out in just a few minutes because i walk so fast don't allow myself to linger anywhere. also if i'm walking past ANY building that has windows with curtains my brain is fully convinced that every person in the building is standing behind those and is watching me walk past. all of this gets amplified when i'm wearing sunglasses because apparently i'm always wearing them at the wrong time which causes people to stare even more lmao

also talking to people about my interests. doesn't even matter if the other person is interested in the same thing. i'm just so used to people either not caring or being annoyed by it that i can't get my mouth open anymore even when i actually really care about a topic
literally just being in public. i always feel like everyone is staring at me & judging me, even if there aren't any people in sight. like when i'm grocery shopping or something i'm usually in and out in just a few minutes because i walk so fast don't allow myself to linger anywhere. also if i'm walking past ANY building that has windows with curtains my brain is fully convinced that every person in the building is standing behind those and is watching me walk past. all of this gets amplified when i'm wearing sunglasses because apparently i'm always wearing them at the wrong time which causes people to stare even more lmao

also talking to people about my interests. doesn't even matter if the other person is interested in the same thing. i'm just so used to people either not caring or being annoyed by it that i can't get my mouth open anymore even when i actually really care about a topic
q4Td049.gif
v2PJF9u.png
06xk8gV.png
dEe2UrM.png

bCLXkrk.gif
@QhaZomb

I second your trigger with babies and small children. Can't stand the little brats. They're noisy, smelly, and not cute in the slightest. I'd hate to be a parent, having to deal with one of those insufferable creatures day in and day out with little to no respite. It sounds miserable. Thank god I'm asexual.

As for my own insecurities... criticism is the big one. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and I fully understand when something isn't up to snuff and can fix it on my own, but for some reason having someone else pick my work to shreds is absolutely devastating. I'll either get embarrassingly emotional and start all the way over (despite only needing to change something small), or lock down and refuse to change anything.

Expressing emotions in a healthy way is another big insecurity. I'm an absolute basket case emotionally - I can't take criticism, I've got anxiety, I can't maintain a successful relationship (be it platonic or romantic), and I'm still trying to cope with my heavily conservative upbringing. Usually I'll just start crying, causing people to get more concerned than they should be and attracting unwanted attention when they try to figure out what's going on. In all honesty, most of the time I don't even know what set me off - I just can't physically express myself any other way, and it's aggravating to no end.

I also get really insecure when talking about my interests - I tend to ramble and sidetrack myself with semi-related information, and when people don't chime in or comment I get worried that I'm annoying them. It's not a hyperfixation thing either - I'm just really passionate about what I like, and sometimes those things need context to explain! Maybe it's because I also interrupt conversations a lot and have to be told to shut up that I'm not used to being able to speak my mind freely.
@QhaZomb

I second your trigger with babies and small children. Can't stand the little brats. They're noisy, smelly, and not cute in the slightest. I'd hate to be a parent, having to deal with one of those insufferable creatures day in and day out with little to no respite. It sounds miserable. Thank god I'm asexual.

As for my own insecurities... criticism is the big one. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and I fully understand when something isn't up to snuff and can fix it on my own, but for some reason having someone else pick my work to shreds is absolutely devastating. I'll either get embarrassingly emotional and start all the way over (despite only needing to change something small), or lock down and refuse to change anything.

Expressing emotions in a healthy way is another big insecurity. I'm an absolute basket case emotionally - I can't take criticism, I've got anxiety, I can't maintain a successful relationship (be it platonic or romantic), and I'm still trying to cope with my heavily conservative upbringing. Usually I'll just start crying, causing people to get more concerned than they should be and attracting unwanted attention when they try to figure out what's going on. In all honesty, most of the time I don't even know what set me off - I just can't physically express myself any other way, and it's aggravating to no end.

I also get really insecure when talking about my interests - I tend to ramble and sidetrack myself with semi-related information, and when people don't chime in or comment I get worried that I'm annoying them. It's not a hyperfixation thing either - I'm just really passionate about what I like, and sometimes those things need context to explain! Maybe it's because I also interrupt conversations a lot and have to be told to shut up that I'm not used to being able to speak my mind freely.
wind.gif LEpJMnn.png
BT1N47G.png
OxagJgG.png
eTmFfQ7.png
a129Nss.png
v2PJF9u.png
J7D1quC.png
E3nmoMt.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
gzlHZ53.png
40lq9We.png
WKtl2lb.png
Face into the wind
Prepare to ride the currents
Rise into the sky
I'm scared of loud noises and needles. I seriously hate the vacuum- >:(

as for insecurities, i'm kind of insecure about my feet and my mouth. idk why
being mocked for my interests is another one, too. and im worried that i come off as a bit annoying and that people won't really want to be my friend

@QhaZhomb sorry, this is a little unrelated but- how come people put Homestuck on DNI lists? I thought it was just a webcomic-
I'm scared of loud noises and needles. I seriously hate the vacuum- >:(

as for insecurities, i'm kind of insecure about my feet and my mouth. idk why
being mocked for my interests is another one, too. and im worried that i come off as a bit annoying and that people won't really want to be my friend

@QhaZhomb sorry, this is a little unrelated but- how come people put Homestuck on DNI lists? I thought it was just a webcomic-
PPbwVvH.png
I have a lot of random stuff that my brain decides to worry about at random times. Like, I have brief worries about getting run over by a self-driving car ever since I saw an article about that happening. Sure, I'd be able to see it coming, but... what if it was invisible? (Stupid, I know XD)

My biggest ridiculous fear has to do with bridges and overhanging platforms, like the walkways for the second floor at the mall. I hate being on foot while on a birdge or platform or even under them; I just don't trust that they're as sturdy as they are, I guess? I have no problem crossing a bridge in a car, because if it starts to break I can just hit the gas, but on foot? Nope.

I can feel the platforms at the mall shudder as people walk, which I guess is to help with earthquakes, but it still doesn't make me feel better. And the glass barrier keeping you from just falling over the edge amd down to the bottom floor? How safe is that!?

We went hiking one summer and they wanted a class photo out on this rock overhanging a river, and my sister had to hold my shaking hand to get me to step out on there. I don't even know if I was smiling, I was so scared.

My mom calls it my "Lack of faith in engineering," but I just don't feel safe when there's a big drop between me and aolid ground... but I have no problems with airplanes, which is even higher, so IDK
I have a lot of random stuff that my brain decides to worry about at random times. Like, I have brief worries about getting run over by a self-driving car ever since I saw an article about that happening. Sure, I'd be able to see it coming, but... what if it was invisible? (Stupid, I know XD)

My biggest ridiculous fear has to do with bridges and overhanging platforms, like the walkways for the second floor at the mall. I hate being on foot while on a birdge or platform or even under them; I just don't trust that they're as sturdy as they are, I guess? I have no problem crossing a bridge in a car, because if it starts to break I can just hit the gas, but on foot? Nope.

I can feel the platforms at the mall shudder as people walk, which I guess is to help with earthquakes, but it still doesn't make me feel better. And the glass barrier keeping you from just falling over the edge amd down to the bottom floor? How safe is that!?

We went hiking one summer and they wanted a class photo out on this rock overhanging a river, and my sister had to hold my shaking hand to get me to step out on there. I don't even know if I was smiling, I was so scared.

My mom calls it my "Lack of faith in engineering," but I just don't feel safe when there's a big drop between me and aolid ground... but I have no problems with airplanes, which is even higher, so IDK
There's some sort of blip in the logical part of my brain, and therefore I'm terrified of mushrooms. I want to know why this is, but I don't care too much why, as long as there aren't any mushrooms.
There's some sort of blip in the logical part of my brain, and therefore I'm terrified of mushrooms. I want to know why this is, but I don't care too much why, as long as there aren't any mushrooms.
YUaavvh.png
any pronouns
Time: FR+3
wishlist
accents
art
I collect Miths
Formerly DragonQueenJ
xXUm3Jf.png
WRcl6DV.png
I have an almost irrational fear of deep water and heights. For deep water, the fear extends even in video games!! Whenever I play ARK, I have to have the camera not angled directly downwards, otherwise I start to panic... For heights, it's so bad that in my own dreams I can't even fly. Even being on planes for roughly 3 hours can be really rough on me...especially during take off and landing...

Couple that with the fact that I want to travel the world and you have a recipe for a panic attack on a 6+ hour flight...

Also, I have vermiphobia, to the point where if rice has a red sauce on it, especially if meat is involved, it can trigger my phobia...
I have an almost irrational fear of deep water and heights. For deep water, the fear extends even in video games!! Whenever I play ARK, I have to have the camera not angled directly downwards, otherwise I start to panic... For heights, it's so bad that in my own dreams I can't even fly. Even being on planes for roughly 3 hours can be really rough on me...especially during take off and landing...

Couple that with the fact that I want to travel the world and you have a recipe for a panic attack on a 6+ hour flight...

Also, I have vermiphobia, to the point where if rice has a red sauce on it, especially if meat is involved, it can trigger my phobia...
im super scared of messing up while doing things, or people watching me do physical exercise.
ive definitely had a few panic attacks over the exercise thing. my face gets super red super easily (most often it happens if its hot out or its sunny) and just in general i think im pretty gross so those things combined makes for a ton of anxiety involving exercise. the only thing i dont get a lot of anxiety about is riding my bike, because i can wear regular clothes and theres a ton of wind in my face so i get less red
im super scared of messing up while doing things, or people watching me do physical exercise.
ive definitely had a few panic attacks over the exercise thing. my face gets super red super easily (most often it happens if its hot out or its sunny) and just in general i think im pretty gross so those things combined makes for a ton of anxiety involving exercise. the only thing i dont get a lot of anxiety about is riding my bike, because i can wear regular clothes and theres a ton of wind in my face so i get less red
tumblr_oswfbivfek1v8lm95o1_75sq.png

tobi/rowan
nBUwvfz.png
d3OF3Gw.png
you can ping me!
tumblr_oswfbivfek1v8lm95o2_75sq.png
im fr time +3 but im on at really weird hours sometimes
credit for the images is in my bio at the bottom
I don't like being carried, and I will shriek and demand to be put down if I am. My boyfriend wants to carry me (and he can), but I refuse to let him because I'm pretty heavy and I don't want someone to really feel my weight, even though he is completely aware of how heavy I am. It's just one of my sore spots.
I don't like being carried, and I will shriek and demand to be put down if I am. My boyfriend wants to carry me (and he can), but I refuse to let him because I'm pretty heavy and I don't want someone to really feel my weight, even though he is completely aware of how heavy I am. It's just one of my sore spots.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
Phones ringing. It makes me so uncomfortable, I start having a slight panic attack if it gets to the fourth or fifth ring. Especially if it's my phone, but other people's phones do it just as bad to me. I have YELLED at people to answer their phones before because I was so uncomfortable hearing it ring.
Phones ringing. It makes me so uncomfortable, I start having a slight panic attack if it gets to the fourth or fifth ring. Especially if it's my phone, but other people's phones do it just as bad to me. I have YELLED at people to answer their phones before because I was so uncomfortable hearing it ring.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
These are just the ones I classify as legit personally ridiculous.
  • This one is thanks to Blackwater City in Ratchet & Clank (2002): being caught underwater/anything without a way out.
  • Walking along curbs
  • Riding bicycles

These are just the ones I classify as legit personally ridiculous.
  • This one is thanks to Blackwater City in Ratchet & Clank (2002): being caught underwater/anything without a way out.
  • Walking along curbs
  • Riding bicycles

A0swSVu.png
Sailor | 28 | They/She
7kf68Em.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7