Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ridiculous Insecurities or Fears?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
If I ever go out in public, I'm going to have a panic attack and get sick the same way I used to. (Yes I'm seeing docs for it but they haven't helped much even after almost a decade)
If I ever go out in public, I'm going to have a panic attack and get sick the same way I used to. (Yes I'm seeing docs for it but they haven't helped much even after almost a decade)
+3 FR time, forum frequenter, always up for a chat!
[quote name="EeveeDream" date="2020-10-25 09:45:48" ] I have an almost irrational fear of deep water and heights. For deep water, the fear extends even in video games!! Whenever I play ARK, I have to have the camera not angled directly downwards, otherwise I start to panic... For heights, it's so bad that in my own dreams I can't even fly. Even being on planes for roughly 3 hours can be really rough on me...especially during take off and landing... [/quote] @EeveeDream Oh my God, literally I have the same exact problem. I have tried so hard to overcome my fear of ARK's waters (oddly enough I can play Sea of Thieves with little to no issues) but every time I get to the drop, I immediately head back to shore.
EeveeDream wrote on 2020-10-25 09:45:48:
I have an almost irrational fear of deep water and heights. For deep water, the fear extends even in video games!! Whenever I play ARK, I have to have the camera not angled directly downwards, otherwise I start to panic... For heights, it's so bad that in my own dreams I can't even fly. Even being on planes for roughly 3 hours can be really rough on me...especially during take off and landing...
@EeveeDream

Oh my God, literally I have the same exact problem. I have tried so hard to overcome my fear of ARK's waters (oddly enough I can play Sea of Thieves with little to no issues) but every time I get to the drop, I immediately head back to shore.
spinning_fjord.gif she/her, 3+ FR time
please ping me in forums
support empoleon supremacy
qilin subspecies
lore thread
shop
dirty plates. this makes doing the dishes hell :( but i feel anxiety and like im going to vomit whenever i see a visibly dirty plate
dirty plates. this makes doing the dishes hell :( but i feel anxiety and like im going to vomit whenever i see a visibly dirty plate
[quote name="fischl" date="2020-10-26 12:10:33" ] dirty plates. this makes doing the dishes hell :( but i feel anxiety and like im going to vomit whenever i see a visibly dirty plate [/quote] I can agree
fischl wrote on 2020-10-26 12:10:33:
I can agree
YUaavvh.png
any pronouns
Time: FR+3
wishlist
accents
art
I collect Miths
Formerly DragonQueenJ
xXUm3Jf.png
WRcl6DV.png

-showing anything that i'm doing (i'm super uncomfortable revealing anything that i'm doing currently, if i'm drawing i'll pause to wait for someone to walk away)

-if i'm alone i'll act like i'm on a tv show or something to distract myself (ex. pretending to forget my lines, acting totally fake, muttering my thoughts), i'm terrified of being left alone even though i hate people.

-i love anything and everything absolutely terrifying, and yet zombies scare me so bad i have nightmares for days afterwards. i'd never admit it to anyone in real life, though.

-heights. i love heights. i'm terrified of heights. i've fallen off a cliff.

-crying (mostly due to the fact that my brothers are judgemental little snots and if i cry they laugh at me. i don't cry in front of anyone anymore.)

-needles. i'm totally fine with knives and anything else sharp at a hospital, but needles have made me faint before.

-being sick. my immune system is abnormally strong, even when i'm stressed, so when i'm sick it's very serious.

-showing anything that i'm doing (i'm super uncomfortable revealing anything that i'm doing currently, if i'm drawing i'll pause to wait for someone to walk away)

-if i'm alone i'll act like i'm on a tv show or something to distract myself (ex. pretending to forget my lines, acting totally fake, muttering my thoughts), i'm terrified of being left alone even though i hate people.

-i love anything and everything absolutely terrifying, and yet zombies scare me so bad i have nightmares for days afterwards. i'd never admit it to anyone in real life, though.

-heights. i love heights. i'm terrified of heights. i've fallen off a cliff.

-crying (mostly due to the fact that my brothers are judgemental little snots and if i cry they laugh at me. i don't cry in front of anyone anymore.)

-needles. i'm totally fine with knives and anything else sharp at a hospital, but needles have made me faint before.

-being sick. my immune system is abnormally strong, even when i'm stressed, so when i'm sick it's very serious.
Let me ruin the air of seriousness with my dumb fear. "Mascot" suits, specifically the kind you see at Disneyworld.

It's not a full-blown phobia, but it triggers a fight-or-flight response. I think it's the false eyes or something? It's like cartoony mascot suits occupy a very specific uncanny valley for me, the same one I'd assume something "eldritch" would occupy. They just feel...off.

Also applies to dead-eyed fursuits. No disrespect to furries meant, I know they're not all like that and I have no issue with fursuits as a concept. And yes, I've been shown FNAF, though weirdly that affects me less, presumably because the "otherness" is resolved by having a visible mechanical skeleton.

Let me ruin the air of seriousness with my dumb fear. "Mascot" suits, specifically the kind you see at Disneyworld.

It's not a full-blown phobia, but it triggers a fight-or-flight response. I think it's the false eyes or something? It's like cartoony mascot suits occupy a very specific uncanny valley for me, the same one I'd assume something "eldritch" would occupy. They just feel...off.

Also applies to dead-eyed fursuits. No disrespect to furries meant, I know they're not all like that and I have no issue with fursuits as a concept. And yes, I've been shown FNAF, though weirdly that affects me less, presumably because the "otherness" is resolved by having a visible mechanical skeleton.

cL9yafY.gif
The words "bandwidth" and "centipede".

Why?

eoajfoieajfowaejfoaijfe
The words "bandwidth" and "centipede".

Why?

eoajfoieajfowaejfoaijfe
icon dragon | wishlist
remind me not to impulse buy
redoing everything all the time give me a minute
my own blood. i'm fine with other blood, gore, anything like that. But my own blood? naw buddy. i don't get cuts often, but when i do, i freak out a little because apparently getting lightheaded when you see your own blood is hereditary.
this doesn't apply to scrapes that bleed or other non-cut injuries, it's just when it looks like red water. that freaks me out beyond all imagining.
my own blood. i'm fine with other blood, gore, anything like that. But my own blood? naw buddy. i don't get cuts often, but when i do, i freak out a little because apparently getting lightheaded when you see your own blood is hereditary.
this doesn't apply to scrapes that bleed or other non-cut injuries, it's just when it looks like red water. that freaks me out beyond all imagining.
ve/they/it
[url]=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fs4/2266763]bigger__bbb_button____flight_rising_by_myth_o_logical-daes7nv.png[/url]
As it turns out, I simply cannot handle syntax mistakes within writing, unless it's dialogue or it's written by my friends. But my work? I will scream if I miss a comma and don't catch it before showing people.
As it turns out, I simply cannot handle syntax mistakes within writing, unless it's dialogue or it's written by my friends. But my work? I will scream if I miss a comma and don't catch it before showing people.
They/He pronouns
Fr time +2
-Sometimes, when I think a mildly embarrassing thought, I purposefully let out a loud internal scream and put an imaginary wall around my mind. I'm ridiculously insecure about my thoughts to the point where I can't help but to act like there's a mind reader around...when I'm completely alone.

-Also, letting people look at my art/writing.

-And when people watch me eat.

-"If I'm not the best possible person for the job, that means I'm not good at the job and can't/shouldn't do it in the first place."

EDIT:
-I have mild allergies most of the year (though I rarely get sick), so I sniffle quite a bit and it might be a habit at this point? I don't know but I get super insecure about it because I'm afraid I'm annoying someone and they'll think I'm gross.

-Babies and small children. It's not them in general that makes me feel weird, I don't despise them, and I always try to be the best I can be around them. But something about them makes me uncomfortable, even all throughout my elementary school years when I was one (for as long as I can remember, really). And I can't really put my finger on what it is.

-Actually, when people watch what I'm doing in general. I always feel like I have to stop, and get embarrassed pretty easily.
-Sometimes, when I think a mildly embarrassing thought, I purposefully let out a loud internal scream and put an imaginary wall around my mind. I'm ridiculously insecure about my thoughts to the point where I can't help but to act like there's a mind reader around...when I'm completely alone.

-Also, letting people look at my art/writing.

-And when people watch me eat.

-"If I'm not the best possible person for the job, that means I'm not good at the job and can't/shouldn't do it in the first place."

EDIT:
-I have mild allergies most of the year (though I rarely get sick), so I sniffle quite a bit and it might be a habit at this point? I don't know but I get super insecure about it because I'm afraid I'm annoying someone and they'll think I'm gross.

-Babies and small children. It's not them in general that makes me feel weird, I don't despise them, and I always try to be the best I can be around them. But something about them makes me uncomfortable, even all throughout my elementary school years when I was one (for as long as I can remember, really). And I can't really put my finger on what it is.

-Actually, when people watch what I'm doing in general. I always feel like I have to stop, and get embarrassed pretty easily.
xxxxxx dTi4eBQ.png
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
x
She/They | FR+0 | [theme]

00111100 00110011 00100001

tutant meenage neetle teetles
x
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
7tXS7Wb.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7