Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Hated Phrases or Figures of Speech
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16
"Could care less""

it bothers me so much. it doesn't even make sense. it should be couldn't care less.
"Could care less""

it bothers me so much. it doesn't even make sense. it should be couldn't care less.
[quote name="Windowz" date="2020-08-22 11:31:18" ] [quote name="lucifurLaurens" date="2020-08-22 05:16:16" ] "It's just a phase" My gender and sexuality aren't a phase, thank you. [/quote] PREACH [/quote][font=American Gothic] A little louder in the back? Also my gender isn't because I want to avoid sexism. My sexuality isn't me having not met the right person. If anything I would've had it better if I was cishet, so why would I risk it all just too supposedly "escape sexism." Screw you, TERF-like logic. (Ditto with my mental health)
Windowz wrote on 2020-08-22 11:31:18:
lucifurLaurens wrote on 2020-08-22 05:16:16:
"It's just a phase"
My gender and sexuality aren't a phase, thank you.
PREACH

A little louder in the back?

Also my gender isn't because I want to avoid sexism. My sexuality isn't me having not met the right person. If anything I would've had it better if I was cishet, so why would I risk it all just too supposedly "escape sexism." Screw you, TERF-like logic.

(Ditto with my mental health)
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
I will just let my opinion out there.
1). UNCOMFY. Its the shortened way of saying uncomfortable. Would you really want to say five syllables if you want to relax?

2). NO OFFENSE. Its fine with me as long as they aren't trying to offend you. For example: "Your shirt has this really gross stain on it, no offense." And "I think maybe you should work on the background a bit. It's a little bland compared to the rest of your drawing, no offense." The first one, at least to me, seems like they are trying to hurt my feelings. The second one seems like they are trying to say something nice without making me feel bad.

3). PEOPLE HAVE IT WORSE/ITS YOUR PROBLEM. I hate these. You are just telling us that our problems are tiny compared to them. This is really down-grading coming from teachers. If we have depression or need to fidget or can't listen to you without crying because we wish we could go home, its not your place to tell us something that means, 'Deal with it.'

4). REEE/*autistic screaming* Now this is bad. Why not just say *loud screaming* or *screech*? Just because somebody is autistic doesn't mean they are human. And don't say they can't understand it, because they can. They know you are mocking them.

5). PUPPERS/CATTOS/DERGS It's like calling your cat or kitten a kitty, except 'more cute'. I don't really have a problem with it.

6). OwO/UwU This is like saying something is weird or adorable. For example: We just moved to a bew house OwO. Our kittens are so cute UwU!

I hope you don't mind.
I will just let my opinion out there.
1). UNCOMFY. Its the shortened way of saying uncomfortable. Would you really want to say five syllables if you want to relax?

2). NO OFFENSE. Its fine with me as long as they aren't trying to offend you. For example: "Your shirt has this really gross stain on it, no offense." And "I think maybe you should work on the background a bit. It's a little bland compared to the rest of your drawing, no offense." The first one, at least to me, seems like they are trying to hurt my feelings. The second one seems like they are trying to say something nice without making me feel bad.

3). PEOPLE HAVE IT WORSE/ITS YOUR PROBLEM. I hate these. You are just telling us that our problems are tiny compared to them. This is really down-grading coming from teachers. If we have depression or need to fidget or can't listen to you without crying because we wish we could go home, its not your place to tell us something that means, 'Deal with it.'

4). REEE/*autistic screaming* Now this is bad. Why not just say *loud screaming* or *screech*? Just because somebody is autistic doesn't mean they are human. And don't say they can't understand it, because they can. They know you are mocking them.

5). PUPPERS/CATTOS/DERGS It's like calling your cat or kitten a kitty, except 'more cute'. I don't really have a problem with it.

6). OwO/UwU This is like saying something is weird or adorable. For example: We just moved to a bew house OwO. Our kittens are so cute UwU!

I hope you don't mind.
Z1RkWWM.png
Oh another one from me! "It could be worse"

This happened to me a lot recently, and it really made me want to peel my skin off. Yes, it could be worse- things could always be worse- but it's still awful! A life-changing thing just happened to me, and when I'm upset about it all you have to say is "It could be worse"? The worst type of human being. Normalize, oh I don't know, the human reaction to bad things happening? It could be worse, but it could also be a million times better. Let people be sad or angry or upset about things, especially if it's going to affect them for years or even the rest of their life.
Oh another one from me! "It could be worse"

This happened to me a lot recently, and it really made me want to peel my skin off. Yes, it could be worse- things could always be worse- but it's still awful! A life-changing thing just happened to me, and when I'm upset about it all you have to say is "It could be worse"? The worst type of human being. Normalize, oh I don't know, the human reaction to bad things happening? It could be worse, but it could also be a million times better. Let people be sad or angry or upset about things, especially if it's going to affect them for years or even the rest of their life.
-Lemon, the keeper of all citrus kind

always overwhelmingly overwhelmed

Very open to chatting with anyone about anything ever.

If you want me to see your reply, please ping me!
"You have it lucky, there's people who have it worse" really bothers me because in a way, it make me feel really selfish for being mad or upset at something. It just ends up making me try to hold back my tears and hate myself for being petty as I tell myself that others have it worse and why I shouldn't complain which in turn makes me feel even more upset and angry at myself. Yes, there is people who have it worse but please don't drill that into me when you know I tend to get a bit upset easily.

"You have it lucky, there's people who have it worse" really bothers me because in a way, it make me feel really selfish for being mad or upset at something. It just ends up making me try to hold back my tears and hate myself for being petty as I tell myself that others have it worse and why I shouldn't complain which in turn makes me feel even more upset and angry at myself. Yes, there is people who have it worse but please don't drill that into me when you know I tend to get a bit upset easily.

Amidst the mists and fiercest frosts
With barest wrists, and stoutest boasts
He thrusts his fists against the posts
And still insists he sees the ghosts
I don't hate this as it's more amusing than anything when someone goes on a long condescending tangent and throws in an ect.

It's et cetera ie. Etc. If you want to belittle others at least have the right abbreviation.
I don't hate this as it's more amusing than anything when someone goes on a long condescending tangent and throws in an ect.

It's et cetera ie. Etc. If you want to belittle others at least have the right abbreviation.
Oracle/tarot readings
Lgbtqia+ podcast recs
'Love the sinner, hate the sin'
reason: i'm lgbt. if you say this to me you're the sinner now and i don't like you
other (mostly exclusive to online stuff): 'alot' instead of 'a lot', pupper/doggo/catto/danger noodle, 'oof' or 'f' in response to something genuinely serious or sad, 'reeeee' or 'autistic screeching' (feels bad to have something i can't control made fun of)
'Love the sinner, hate the sin'
reason: i'm lgbt. if you say this to me you're the sinner now and i don't like you
other (mostly exclusive to online stuff): 'alot' instead of 'a lot', pupper/doggo/catto/danger noodle, 'oof' or 'f' in response to something genuinely serious or sad, 'reeeee' or 'autistic screeching' (feels bad to have something i can't control made fun of)
hkazXyz.png
- he/him
- 25 y/o
- bird nerd
- pings + random frq ok!
52qPuy7.png
I hate most figures of speech. I don't understand why they need to exist. Just say what you mean and get it over with.
I hate most figures of speech. I don't understand why they need to exist. Just say what you mean and get it over with.
T | It | ASD
Maker of fine graves
"nip it in the bud" really bothers me for some reason
"nip it in the bud" really bothers me for some reason
9vd48xw.png
idk why but the phrase oof really annoys me. Same thing when people say 'lol' in real life (one of my friends does that and I love him but it does get on my nerves occasionally)

Also this is really oddly specific but when people make the theme sound from Deliverance whenever I go anywhere with my banjo. Like okay, I get it, haha banjo=hillbilly instrument or whatever not like I've heard it a million times already.
idk why but the phrase oof really annoys me. Same thing when people say 'lol' in real life (one of my friends does that and I love him but it does get on my nerves occasionally)

Also this is really oddly specific but when people make the theme sound from Deliverance whenever I go anywhere with my banjo. Like okay, I get it, haha banjo=hillbilly instrument or whatever not like I've heard it a million times already.
cDDSaqc.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16