Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Hated Phrases or Figures of Speech
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
@spoiledlemon MOOD BRO.

I had the same phrases used towards me growing up and yeah that’s really unhealthy!!!!! And most of the time it’s used to belittle someone’s feelings on a subject or force them to move on from something.
@spoiledlemon MOOD BRO.

I had the same phrases used towards me growing up and yeah that’s really unhealthy!!!!! And most of the time it’s used to belittle someone’s feelings on a subject or force them to move on from something.
"whenever x happened" gets my blood boiling for absolutely no reason - just say when!!
"whenever x happened" gets my blood boiling for absolutely no reason - just say when!!

Black Hainu Collar » radio
» he - they
» fr +2 (cst)
» mirror rights
» zephon (wishlist)
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
"Try and do something"
No, it should be try to do something. "And" suggests you're doing something else as well as trying?
"Try and do something"
No, it should be try to do something. "And" suggests you're doing something else as well as trying?
aasolsmall.pngaa
mags
they/vae
fr +8
drymmsmallsmall.png
When people just say "K." Bro, it doesn't hurt to add the O, and it comes off as bored or passive aggressive.
The use of King/Queen has gotten really watered down as of late. Not everyone that does something cool or respectable needs to be called "KING"
The worst offender: "You're awful quiet, aren't you?"
When people just say "K." Bro, it doesn't hurt to add the O, and it comes off as bored or passive aggressive.
The use of King/Queen has gotten really watered down as of late. Not everyone that does something cool or respectable needs to be called "KING"
The worst offender: "You're awful quiet, aren't you?"
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
Okay so, I know this thread hasn't been posted on in a while but I just remembered making a post a long while back and thought of something new to add: I hate it whenever people use "all right" instead of "alright". It just looks... wrong. Also, I hate it when people say "reminds of [blank]" instead of "reminds me of [blank]", like idk it just looks weird to me. [emoji=veilspun deadpan size=1]
Okay so, I know this thread hasn't been posted on in a while but I just remembered making a post a long while back and thought of something new to add:
I hate it whenever people use "all right" instead of "alright". It just looks... wrong. Also, I hate it when people say "reminds of [blank]" instead of "reminds me of [blank]", like idk it just looks weird to me.
deity_windsinger_by_dogi_crimson-da5hmn0.gif FMoJ9vk.png
H2jRHgT.png
J7D1quC.png

Hi, I'm Fruit! I'm a digital artist, amateur fiction writer, aspiring musician (bass), but most of all: a professional idiot. My two favorite things are rock 'n roll and frillback pigeons.
ezgif-3-3eb9aae531.gif

FMoJ9vk.pngRDt6LqI.pngJ7D1quC.png
uQA55c0.pngimage0.giftumblr_inline_oki6607XCW1tfmvub_100.png
not a phrase necessarily, but the word "preboard" in reference to say...an airplane. what does that mean? the prefix "pre" means "before"...how can you board the plane before you board the plane?
not a phrase necessarily, but the word "preboard" in reference to say...an airplane. what does that mean? the prefix "pre" means "before"...how can you board the plane before you board the plane?
YOpUP6k.gifFOaBhGM.gifnl1a1eC.gif

i hope you have a great day!

936cfc3c29b77c92853962631245e93917466fd3.gif
"im so OCD" OR "im so [insert mental illness here]" when the person DOESNT have said condition AND theyre referring to a minor inconvenience that makes them feel An Emotion. its so annoying grr

out of all the words you couldve chosen .. you chose something that doesnt even apply to you. pleaaase...
"im so OCD" OR "im so [insert mental illness here]" when the person DOESNT have said condition AND theyre referring to a minor inconvenience that makes them feel An Emotion. its so annoying grr

out of all the words you couldve chosen .. you chose something that doesnt even apply to you. pleaaase...
There is no explanation as to why I hate the phrase "water under the bridge". I just do.
There is no explanation as to why I hate the phrase "water under the bridge". I just do.
ice_small.png tRvB8Xn.pngg585y1V.pngbYt72YT.pngJ7D1quC.png
BT1N47G.pngIUweZNB.pngqhK4FYS.png5hF3FGk.png
Just a tired gal who likes to talk too much ^^
I don’t really like the phrase “pick-me-up.”
“I could really use a pick-me-up.”
It bothers me that a line of action phrase is using the tone of a noun when it’s not a noun. I don’t like the sound of it, it just annoys me and gives me the imagery of a child wanting to be picked up.
On another note, I don’t like the term “throwback to when-“ can’t tell why it just annoys me. Like the imagery of someone throwing a moment of time over their shoulder just gets to me for some inexplicable reason.
I don’t really like the phrase “pick-me-up.”
“I could really use a pick-me-up.”
It bothers me that a line of action phrase is using the tone of a noun when it’s not a noun. I don’t like the sound of it, it just annoys me and gives me the imagery of a child wanting to be picked up.
On another note, I don’t like the term “throwback to when-“ can’t tell why it just annoys me. Like the imagery of someone throwing a moment of time over their shoulder just gets to me for some inexplicable reason.
xPNKvKX.png1rHhQn7.png
Not exactly a saying & this is just me being petty, but I couldnt stand when people would reply 'Stan Loona' along with a fancam/gif on every twitter post regardless of if it was even remotely related to Kpop. It completely flooded my twitter feed for a while and as a result I detest the phrase & want nothing to do with the group (tho I never bothered to listen to their songs anyway)

(also not saying that the group is bad, idk never heard them, the fans just turned me majorly off)
Not exactly a saying & this is just me being petty, but I couldnt stand when people would reply 'Stan Loona' along with a fancam/gif on every twitter post regardless of if it was even remotely related to Kpop. It completely flooded my twitter feed for a while and as a result I detest the phrase & want nothing to do with the group (tho I never bothered to listen to their songs anyway)

(also not saying that the group is bad, idk never heard them, the fans just turned me majorly off)
vbbxBX.png9QNbhfp.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16