Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Hated Phrases or Figures of Speech
oh i swear i have so many of these but can only think of one right now

"rubs me the wrong way" just. makes me uncomfortable. i don't like it
oh i swear i have so many of these but can only think of one right now

"rubs me the wrong way" just. makes me uncomfortable. i don't like it
an animated feraligatr sprite from pokemon crystal > call me mantis
> they / she
> fr +2
> art dump
w the nonbinary flag and the word nonbinary
the asexual flag and the word asexual
the lesbian flag and the word lesbian
free buttons
ee > reply hazy,
try again... blinking_cursor.gif
"Careless errors"

I had a math teacher who would say this whenever the reason someone got a problem wrong was a very simple mistake, and it irritated me to no end. Why can't you just say what went wrong without making me feel like a fool first and thus less likely to appreciate the explanation?
"Careless errors"

I had a math teacher who would say this whenever the reason someone got a problem wrong was a very simple mistake, and it irritated me to no end. Why can't you just say what went wrong without making me feel like a fool first and thus less likely to appreciate the explanation?
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo5_100.pngiiadg18.png
[quote name="@martinseptim" date="2020-08-20 08:29:29" ] I can't stand the word 'uncomfy'. It's so babyish, stupid, and AMERICAN. If I see people use that word I block them instantly. Okay, I don't actually block them, but it does make me roll my eyes. Just say 'uncomfortable'! [/quote] [quote name="@ShadowTheEdgehog" date="2020-08-20 18:44:40" ] Both "uncomfortable" and "comfortable" make me....*sigh* uncomfortable. It's not pronounced at all the way it's spelled! Not even a little bit! They don't even sound like comfort. And I agree with uncomfy, that's worse. Awful words 0/10 I hate it. [/quote] I guess you could say it makes you... [img]https://i.gifer.com/72vT.gif[/img] [size=6][b]UNCOMFY[/b][/size] [size=1]YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!
@martinseptim wrote on 2020-08-20 08:29:29:
I can't stand the word 'uncomfy'. It's so babyish, stupid, and AMERICAN. If I see people use that word I block them instantly. Okay, I don't actually block them, but it does make me roll my eyes. Just say 'uncomfortable'!
@ShadowTheEdgehog wrote on 2020-08-20 18:44:40:
Both "uncomfortable" and "comfortable" make me....*sigh* uncomfortable. It's not pronounced at all the way it's spelled! Not even a little bit! They don't even sound like comfort. And I agree with uncomfy, that's worse. Awful words 0/10 I hate it.

I guess you could say it makes you...

72vT.gif

UNCOMFY

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

mIooUy9.png
[quote name="Lunalatic" date="2020-08-20 23:55:38" ] "Careless errors" I had a math teacher who would say this whenever the reason someone got a problem wrong was a very simple mistake, and it irritated me to no end. Why can't you just say what went wrong without making me feel like a fool first and thus less likely to appreciate the explanation? [/quote] Oh My Gosh Yes agree :( EVERY teacher says that... 'No offense' makes me feel a little... I dunno? [size=1]@martinseptim[/size] [b]UNCOMFY[/b]? People can say the absolute most OFFENSIVE things and then say 'sorry, no offense' What is wrong with them? How will it make you feel unoffended (is that a word)?
Lunalatic wrote on 2020-08-20 23:55:38:
"Careless errors"

Oh My Gosh Yes agree :( EVERY teacher says that...

'No offense' makes me feel a little... I dunno? @martinseptim UNCOMFY? People can say the absolute most OFFENSIVE things and then say 'sorry, no offense' What is wrong with them? How will it make you feel unoffended (is that a word)?
3e94Gpa.pngAnimeFan00(#431727) FRT+15 She/Her Chat with me about Mobile Legends DV
"s**t-eating grin" is one phrase that disgusts me, like where did that even come from? It just gives a nasty visual. I had never heard of this term before the internet.
"s**t-eating grin" is one phrase that disgusts me, like where did that even come from? It just gives a nasty visual. I had never heard of this term before the internet.

bannerart_2021.png
[quote name="Amura" date="2020-08-20 18:12:11" ] If I hear 'Oh that'll change when you're older' or 'When you're older you'll understand.' ONE MORE TIME I'm gonna rip someone else's hair out. I heard that SO much when I was in my teens and early twenties about having boyfriends/having kids/etc. If my parents didn't give me the death glare when I was with family, oh there would've been beatings from ME. I HATED those words. They were mock...ful. Guess what fam.? I'm almost thirty, AND MY MIND NEVER CHANGED!!! D< [/quote] I'm guilty of saying things along these lines (you'll understand when you're older, etc.). [i]Never about things like wanting kids or getting a partner[/i], though-- that'd be ridiculous since I've been telling people I'm eternally single and hate children for most of my three decades on this earth-- but usually when I see them talking or acting in a really immature or hurtful way. Then the message is more like 'dear god I hope you change when you get older, please let your awful behavior just be a phase of youth'.
Amura wrote on 2020-08-20 18:12:11:
If I hear 'Oh that'll change when you're older' or 'When you're older you'll understand.' ONE MORE TIME I'm gonna rip someone else's hair out.

I heard that SO much when I was in my teens and early twenties about having boyfriends/having kids/etc. If my parents didn't give me the death glare when I was with family, oh there would've been beatings from ME. I HATED those words. They were mock...ful.

Guess what fam.? I'm almost thirty, AND MY MIND NEVER CHANGED!!! D<
I'm guilty of saying things along these lines (you'll understand when you're older, etc.). Never about things like wanting kids or getting a partner, though-- that'd be ridiculous since I've been telling people I'm eternally single and hate children for most of my three decades on this earth-- but usually when I see them talking or acting in a really immature or hurtful way. Then the message is more like 'dear god I hope you change when you get older, please let your awful behavior just be a phase of youth'.
xxxxxxxxxx 0Srkgnv.gif NkoiOuv.gif Gwrjw2w.gif JQCpKiY.gif
@martinseptim [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/413459811041148940/746444991836192828/ed6d1c70-7001-4433-8165-89c1d57f422b.jpg[/img]
@martinseptim
ed6d1c70-7001-4433-8165-89c1d57f422b.jpg
blank.png
My Art
She/They
+3 FR time
divider.png
shadow.gif
It's one of my pet peeves when somebody mispronounces Alzheimer's disease and say All-Timers disease. >B/ It sounds a little kid's dumb version of baseball. All-Timers sounds fun and old, but it's NOT CORRECT! It drives me up the wall when my mom says All-Timers. >x{ It's Alzheimer's!

Also I find it irritating when people say "You know what I mean?"
Because half the time, No. :) I don't know what you mean. I don't even agree with or like what you mean. You are a nonsense person and I am only nodding my head to save myself the trouble of prolonging this conversation any further.
I only use "You know what I mean?" when I genuinely feel like I am jumping topics, going too fast, or don't think the person I'm talking to is understanding. 8( Because my thoughts when spoken are all jumbled up, and I want to be sure someone is understanding me. Sometimes I use, "Does that make sense?" more. It sounds less casual and assuming I think. <B/ But when people go, "You know what I mean?" I kind of feel slightly emptier, <B] and will often think lesser of them regardless.
You know what I mean?
>x'D
It's one of my pet peeves when somebody mispronounces Alzheimer's disease and say All-Timers disease. >B/ It sounds a little kid's dumb version of baseball. All-Timers sounds fun and old, but it's NOT CORRECT! It drives me up the wall when my mom says All-Timers. >x{ It's Alzheimer's!

Also I find it irritating when people say "You know what I mean?"
Because half the time, No. :) I don't know what you mean. I don't even agree with or like what you mean. You are a nonsense person and I am only nodding my head to save myself the trouble of prolonging this conversation any further.
I only use "You know what I mean?" when I genuinely feel like I am jumping topics, going too fast, or don't think the person I'm talking to is understanding. 8( Because my thoughts when spoken are all jumbled up, and I want to be sure someone is understanding me. Sometimes I use, "Does that make sense?" more. It sounds less casual and assuming I think. <B/ But when people go, "You know what I mean?" I kind of feel slightly emptier, <B] and will often think lesser of them regardless.
You know what I mean?
>x'D
+~She/Her Majesty/Her Highness~+
prideflag_micro_ace_animated.gif Boop snootsarbok.gif Not boots prideflag_micro_ace_animated.gif
"'I don't know' is not an answer"

"If you forgot it then it wasn't important"

"Just stay on top of things!"

"Keep a planner"

"Stop thinking about it and just do it"

like yo, I'm sorry I have ADHD. Jeez.

Also: when someone says "Nevermind" instead of repeating what they said. I didn't!!!! hear!!!! what you said!!!!! don't do this to me
"'I don't know' is not an answer"

"If you forgot it then it wasn't important"

"Just stay on top of things!"

"Keep a planner"

"Stop thinking about it and just do it"

like yo, I'm sorry I have ADHD. Jeez.

Also: when someone says "Nevermind" instead of repeating what they said. I didn't!!!! hear!!!! what you said!!!!! don't do this to me
66946966.png

v2PJF9u.png
WkCEhwX.png
LRdLP2V.png

Gene Wishlist
Apparel Wishlist

this

especially with teachers

just because im not staring at you doesnt mean im not paying attention. im often scrolling through fr, coli grinding, drawing scribbles, or just messing around while in my classes so yeah like i get you not seeing me paying attention but i have said this multiple times and answered your questions correctly, im paying attention. I have a very hard time focusing, often zoning out in my own little world completely if im not doing something else, so i just do something idle with my hands or the like while listening and taking the occasional note. i just wish they would understand that people have different ways of processing stuff and i literally cannot focus on you talking in a monotone voice hhhhh
"Well if you aren't looking at me you must not be paying attention!"

this

especially with teachers

just because im not staring at you doesnt mean im not paying attention. im often scrolling through fr, coli grinding, drawing scribbles, or just messing around while in my classes so yeah like i get you not seeing me paying attention but i have said this multiple times and answered your questions correctly, im paying attention. I have a very hard time focusing, often zoning out in my own little world completely if im not doing something else, so i just do something idle with my hands or the like while listening and taking the occasional note. i just wish they would understand that people have different ways of processing stuff and i literally cannot focus on you talking in a monotone voice hhhhh
--michael/gala/gw
--xe/xem/xyr pronouns only please
--vibing