Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Quirks That Your Fandoms Gave You?
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 25 26
- I've unironically added the endearment "kid / kiddo" to my vocabulary, though what I mean when I say this depends on which fandom I'm specifically referencing (aka, the tone of voice I use when saying it). "Old friend" rings a similar bell, though this one isn't in my vocabulary for sentimental reasons. I'd really like to start using "I needed that!" (if you know, you know), but I have yet to encounter a scenario in which I can actually say that.

- I say "nani?" unironically around my friends instead of "what?", especially since I have a few friends who are learning Japanese.

- I say "gods" instead of "god", both because fandoms and because polytheism. (I'll also occasionally say "Primus" too, which is awkward.)

- I've had to stop myself from censoring my swear words with the Transformers versions in spoken conversation, and I'll tell you right now, there is nothing more embarrassing that having to correct yourself from saying "frag" to "f*ck" while talking to your friends.

- A similar thing happened with my censorship habits thanks to Flight Rising - I'll forget that other websites allow you to swear openly, censor something with my usual asterisk, and then remember "oh, wait, I'm not on FR, I can actually swear here" and then correct it.

- The nickname "Jackie" is forever ruined for me. Same goes for the name "Bill".

- Hand gestures go brrrt. I love mimicking the way villains gesticulate when they talk, especially if they have gloves or sharp claws to help accent their gestures. If I have gloves on, I'll automatically either start tugging on them, do the villain thing where they examine their hands dramatically as they speak, or just gesticulate a lot more extravagantly than usual.

- In a similar vein, suits. I need them all. Especially tailcoats. (I also want a cane for similar reasons, though I doubt I'll ever find one.)

- Yellow and black are now my two favorite colors.

- I got really into cryptology and code-cracking, which I didn't expect to like at all, but it's basically an extension of linguistics and logic puzzles, both of which I enjoy quite a bit. Plus, it's fun leaving secret codes everywhere for people to find!

- I taught myself to snap with only my middle finger and thumb (as opposed to the awkward and inefficient way I used to do it, which I shall not explain here to preserve my own dignity) because I saw a character do it and I thought it looked cool.

- I taught myself to speak with a few different types of lisps and accents purely to mimic / voice-act certain characters. (I did discover, however, that I'm jack sh*t at doing a traditional villain laugh.) I also taught myself to sing in an Irish/Scottish accent, though if I try speaking in either accent it just kinda falls apart.
There's a ton of other stuff, but these are the "big" / noticeable ones.
- I've unironically added the endearment "kid / kiddo" to my vocabulary, though what I mean when I say this depends on which fandom I'm specifically referencing (aka, the tone of voice I use when saying it). "Old friend" rings a similar bell, though this one isn't in my vocabulary for sentimental reasons. I'd really like to start using "I needed that!" (if you know, you know), but I have yet to encounter a scenario in which I can actually say that.

- I say "nani?" unironically around my friends instead of "what?", especially since I have a few friends who are learning Japanese.

- I say "gods" instead of "god", both because fandoms and because polytheism. (I'll also occasionally say "Primus" too, which is awkward.)

- I've had to stop myself from censoring my swear words with the Transformers versions in spoken conversation, and I'll tell you right now, there is nothing more embarrassing that having to correct yourself from saying "frag" to "f*ck" while talking to your friends.

- A similar thing happened with my censorship habits thanks to Flight Rising - I'll forget that other websites allow you to swear openly, censor something with my usual asterisk, and then remember "oh, wait, I'm not on FR, I can actually swear here" and then correct it.

- The nickname "Jackie" is forever ruined for me. Same goes for the name "Bill".

- Hand gestures go brrrt. I love mimicking the way villains gesticulate when they talk, especially if they have gloves or sharp claws to help accent their gestures. If I have gloves on, I'll automatically either start tugging on them, do the villain thing where they examine their hands dramatically as they speak, or just gesticulate a lot more extravagantly than usual.

- In a similar vein, suits. I need them all. Especially tailcoats. (I also want a cane for similar reasons, though I doubt I'll ever find one.)

- Yellow and black are now my two favorite colors.

- I got really into cryptology and code-cracking, which I didn't expect to like at all, but it's basically an extension of linguistics and logic puzzles, both of which I enjoy quite a bit. Plus, it's fun leaving secret codes everywhere for people to find!

- I taught myself to snap with only my middle finger and thumb (as opposed to the awkward and inefficient way I used to do it, which I shall not explain here to preserve my own dignity) because I saw a character do it and I thought it looked cool.

- I taught myself to speak with a few different types of lisps and accents purely to mimic / voice-act certain characters. (I did discover, however, that I'm jack sh*t at doing a traditional villain laugh.) I also taught myself to sing in an Irish/Scottish accent, though if I try speaking in either accent it just kinda falls apart.
There's a ton of other stuff, but these are the "big" / noticeable ones.
wind.gif LEpJMnn.png
BT1N47G.png
OxagJgG.png
eTmFfQ7.png
a129Nss.png
v2PJF9u.png
J7D1quC.png
E3nmoMt.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
gzlHZ53.png
40lq9We.png
WKtl2lb.png
Face into the wind
Prepare to ride the currents
Rise into the sky
  • I can no longer take the words "clerk", "employee", and "manager" seriously.
  • Every time I have a chance to use a prop weapon for any reason, I go for the absolute biggest sword I possibly can. Gotta have that buster sword.
  • A lot of anomalous or weird things are Abnormalities now.
  • Laundromats are dangerous places.
  • Every key is a tiny keyblade.
  • Due to being both a Disney Parks nerd and a Kingdom Hearts fan, nowhere is safe from hidden Mickeys/lucky emblems and quoting Donald and Goofy. Nowhere.
  • DESPAIR
  • anything big comes into view out of nowhere Seid ihr das Essen? Nein, wir sind der Jäger!
  • Angela, a perfectly normal and common name, now elicits "mom?" from either me or my partner.
  • Due to many reasons green glowsticks and Baja Blast are now treated like holy relics.
  • "M'kay?" and "Yeah, I 'member!" are standard parts of my vocabulary.
  • Any creepy industrial location is just Shinra now.
  • I can no longer take the words "clerk", "employee", and "manager" seriously.
  • Every time I have a chance to use a prop weapon for any reason, I go for the absolute biggest sword I possibly can. Gotta have that buster sword.
  • A lot of anomalous or weird things are Abnormalities now.
  • Laundromats are dangerous places.
  • Every key is a tiny keyblade.
  • Due to being both a Disney Parks nerd and a Kingdom Hearts fan, nowhere is safe from hidden Mickeys/lucky emblems and quoting Donald and Goofy. Nowhere.
  • DESPAIR
  • anything big comes into view out of nowhere Seid ihr das Essen? Nein, wir sind der Jäger!
  • Angela, a perfectly normal and common name, now elicits "mom?" from either me or my partner.
  • Due to many reasons green glowsticks and Baja Blast are now treated like holy relics.
  • "M'kay?" and "Yeah, I 'member!" are standard parts of my vocabulary.
  • Any creepy industrial location is just Shinra now.
mpH03tZ.png
Hange :: they/them :: World's Okayest Librarian

The FreaksTM will inherit the Earth, the Internet was ours first.
Smash that block button if you think people can't ship, write, draw, watch or read whatever they want.
-whenever i hear creeper, referring to minecraft or not, i automatically say "minecraft's grim reaper" and try my best to restrain myself
this is a problem
-i say "three moons" sometimes
-last night my dad got the karaoke machine out and the first thing i did was yell "beep" into the mic

-whenever i hear creeper, referring to minecraft or not, i automatically say "minecraft's grim reaper" and try my best to restrain myself
this is a problem
-i say "three moons" sometimes
-last night my dad got the karaoke machine out and the first thing i did was yell "beep" into the mic

Untitled424_20230617211922.png yo im arsonistfurry
im just a dude tbh
he/they
trans rights
ping meeeeeeee
art shop
Untitled419_20230616190853.png
I think I've been here before, but for like the second time, I do not remember.

-"Oh carp" is apparently a new quirky saying, but for whatever reason it has nothing to do with what fandom I got it from. It just reminds me of it.
-Whenever I hear "boss", I think of a pig. Please don't mention boss music, oh no-
-Genes. If I hear the word "genes", I automatically think furry.
-Thanks to a fandom, I now sing anything that's like, "pew pew pew" or "ta-ta-da"
-I now walk a certain way thanks to a character from a fandom I'm not entirely in. Why.
I think I've been here before, but for like the second time, I do not remember.

-"Oh carp" is apparently a new quirky saying, but for whatever reason it has nothing to do with what fandom I got it from. It just reminds me of it.
-Whenever I hear "boss", I think of a pig. Please don't mention boss music, oh no-
-Genes. If I hear the word "genes", I automatically think furry.
-Thanks to a fandom, I now sing anything that's like, "pew pew pew" or "ta-ta-da"
-I now walk a certain way thanks to a character from a fandom I'm not entirely in. Why.
IIIIII II @ Iscrupulous
IIIIICLAN EGO

I> "Remember you must die."
IIIIIII
-i now say phrases like owo OwO and such
-i say oof a lot
-i now simp for an animatronic alligator
-"gregory, do you see that vent over there?" "man behind the slaughter!!!!!!11!!!!1" "welldone supers__t!" = top tier comedy

i'm so tired its so late rn hahahaaa
-i now say phrases like owo OwO and such
-i say oof a lot
-i now simp for an animatronic alligator
-"gregory, do you see that vent over there?" "man behind the slaughter!!!!!!11!!!!1" "welldone supers__t!" = top tier comedy

i'm so tired its so late rn hahahaaa
plague_survive_large_by_seepranne-d7epv1n.gif
DOYGZxoHoQoAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
@FoxyCipher
The name Bill is ruined for you?
Your new favorite colors are black and yellow?
You're into codes?

DO I SMELL A GRAVITY FALLS FAN?
@FoxyCipher
The name Bill is ruined for you?
Your new favorite colors are black and yellow?
You're into codes?

DO I SMELL A GRAVITY FALLS FAN?
Dreamcore/Weirdcore enjoyer.
Trans Male (Ae/Aer)
Check out my new group RP!
Okay let's see

-Asking my siblings if they've come to steal my eyes (Gravity Falls)
-Saying Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, BYE! whenever I hang up on y bestie (Gravity Falls)
-Making my bestie swear on their Gravity Falls life that they will/won't do something
-Yelling Praise the Axolotl
Okay let's see

-Asking my siblings if they've come to steal my eyes (Gravity Falls)
-Saying Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, BYE! whenever I hang up on y bestie (Gravity Falls)
-Making my bestie swear on their Gravity Falls life that they will/won't do something
-Yelling Praise the Axolotl
Dreamcore/Weirdcore enjoyer.
Trans Male (Ae/Aer)
Check out my new group RP!
-you look gort :) (Ever efter high rip)
-what
-Whenever someone picks up a fork "AGGHHHH MY EYESSS PLEASE DONT" (Dsmp, sort of?)
-Like I said, I'm not canonically British but.. wait what. (Anything, really. Anything with canon.)
-Hey goulfriends! (Monster High)
-I will Avada kedavra him if he doesn't shut up (Harry Potter)
-*Hissssss* (Not sure)
-you look gort :) (Ever efter high rip)
-what
-Whenever someone picks up a fork "AGGHHHH MY EYESSS PLEASE DONT" (Dsmp, sort of?)
-Like I said, I'm not canonically British but.. wait what. (Anything, really. Anything with canon.)
-Hey goulfriends! (Monster High)
-I will Avada kedavra him if he doesn't shut up (Harry Potter)
-*Hissssss* (Not sure)
Hi! I'm Jack (fr +3)
i call things "my beloved" wayyy too often now
i call things "my beloved" wayyy too often now
Z2lj1wu.png
Twitter: RachelsQuill
wishlist
My Art Shop
[quote name="ReginaChaos" date="2021-12-31 08:31:35" ] For another Fandom I happen to be in, I managed to somehow develop a crippling fear of SPECIFICALLY monarch butterflies. That's it. No other butterflies scare me. Yes it's plot relevant. I based Rosalia off the source of this immense fear. Help me. [/quote] as someone in the same fandom, ROCK SOLID.
ReginaChaos wrote on 2021-12-31 08:31:35:
For another Fandom I happen to be in, I managed to somehow develop a crippling fear of SPECIFICALLY monarch butterflies. That's it. No other butterflies scare me. Yes it's plot relevant. I based Rosalia off the source of this immense fear. Help me.

as someone in the same fandom, ROCK SOLID.
waaah my signature broke and i dont wanna fix it rn
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 25 26