Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Quirks That Your Fandoms Gave You?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26
i unconsciously changed the way i pop my fingers bc of characters in tokyo ghoul
i unconsciously changed the way i pop my fingers bc of characters in tokyo ghoul
I had a phobia of centipedes for awhile thanks to Tokyo Ghoul.
I think my bias towards curly blonde hair comes from my childhood crush on Septimus Heap.
But like, pretty much my entire worldview arose from the books I read as a child, starting around age seven. I would have turned out very different if it weren’t for that Warriors manga I picked up at the book fair.
I had a phobia of centipedes for awhile thanks to Tokyo Ghoul.
I think my bias towards curly blonde hair comes from my childhood crush on Septimus Heap.
But like, pretty much my entire worldview arose from the books I read as a child, starting around age seven. I would have turned out very different if it weren’t for that Warriors manga I picked up at the book fair.
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
i haven't played fallout 4 at all recently, but i started saying "outstanding" to make fun of paladin danse, and now i just... say it whenever, usually sarcastically
i haven't played fallout 4 at all recently, but i started saying "outstanding" to make fun of paladin danse, and now i just... say it whenever, usually sarcastically
5BsilZ9.png
5iXiC8z.png
LRdLP2V.png
mlHpBMC.png
[quote name="Svecounia72" date="2020-08-01 10:06:05" ] I've been playing Pokemon since I was a tiny kid, so the type advantages have been seared into my brain. [/quote] This! Pokemon's typing system makes so much sense to me, why don't all elemental-based games follow the same logic? I got into the Magnus Archives a few months ago, and now I tend to associate everyday things with the 14 fear entities. Can't find something that I swear I just saw a second ago? Must be the Spiral messing with me. I saw a video of an apartment way up in a high-rise during a thunderstorm, and my first thought was that a Vast avatar would definitely live there. The pandemic is definitely the work of the Corruption, or maybe some Corruption avatar trying to complete a ritual. (Maybe that's a bit insensitive, but I guess I'm using humor and fandoms as a way to cope with everything going on rn lol)
Svecounia72 wrote on 2020-08-01 10:06:05:
I've been playing Pokemon since I was a tiny kid, so the type advantages have been seared into my brain.
This! Pokemon's typing system makes so much sense to me, why don't all elemental-based games follow the same logic?
I got into the Magnus Archives a few months ago, and now I tend to associate everyday things with the 14 fear entities. Can't find something that I swear I just saw a second ago? Must be the Spiral messing with me. I saw a video of an apartment way up in a high-rise during a thunderstorm, and my first thought was that a Vast avatar would definitely live there. The pandemic is definitely the work of the Corruption, or maybe some Corruption avatar trying to complete a ritual. (Maybe that's a bit insensitive, but I guess I'm using humor and fandoms as a way to cope with everything going on rn lol)
Feel free to click and feed my creatures!
2519517.png2534403.png2537496.png2567018.png2634339.png
while not directly related to a fandom, a danganronpa-related video has gotten me saying "fantastic" for nearly a year now.

i tend to imitate character poses/actions, ESPECIALLY those of ace attorney characters, without really thinking about it now. most notably: putting my hand on my chin, and running my pointer finger across my jaw when thinking, slamming my hand or fist on the nearest surface when making a point, and/or automatically correcting "hold on" to "hold it!"
can you tell what i've been playing recently?

EDIT: I CANNOT BELIEVE I FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT ONES?
-i sometimes go to "lean on" a sheathed sword at my hip when i'm just standing idle... despite not owning a sword so i just look stupid for a few seconds before i correct it. like this
-the number 9 makes me go feral
-shouting "where is your proof/evidence?!" when in a heated argument
while not directly related to a fandom, a danganronpa-related video has gotten me saying "fantastic" for nearly a year now.

i tend to imitate character poses/actions, ESPECIALLY those of ace attorney characters, without really thinking about it now. most notably: putting my hand on my chin, and running my pointer finger across my jaw when thinking, slamming my hand or fist on the nearest surface when making a point, and/or automatically correcting "hold on" to "hold it!"
can you tell what i've been playing recently?

EDIT: I CANNOT BELIEVE I FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT ONES?
-i sometimes go to "lean on" a sheathed sword at my hip when i'm just standing idle... despite not owning a sword so i just look stupid for a few seconds before i correct it. like this
-the number 9 makes me go feral
-shouting "where is your proof/evidence?!" when in a heated argument
em/sai | all pronouns | fr+2 | pings ok
wishlist | fandragon project
probably on ffxiv
This is my secret text... Let's keep it between us, ok?
-> HES SO SMALL AAAA
aKhVpRf.png
I am not proud of it but I picked up DIO's laughter.
I am not proud of it but I picked up DIO's laughter.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
-After playing Xenoblade I starting using "I'm really feeling it!" ironically and now I can't stop. I also say "YER DUN" and "THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME?" when fighting enemies, no matter the game. "Don't get cocky you little sh-t!" gets peppered in there too.

-Thanks to Fire Emblem I'll sometimes say "Gods!" instead of "oh my god!"

-I can't hear the word "bass" (the fish) without instinctively thinking of an Animal Crossing pun.

-Sometimes I'll see weird rock formations or a tree all by it's lonesome and I'll think ooh, I bet there's a Korok there.

-I quote The Office (US) all. the. time. I can make an office reference on just about any topic, it feels.
-After playing Xenoblade I starting using "I'm really feeling it!" ironically and now I can't stop. I also say "YER DUN" and "THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME?" when fighting enemies, no matter the game. "Don't get cocky you little sh-t!" gets peppered in there too.

-Thanks to Fire Emblem I'll sometimes say "Gods!" instead of "oh my god!"

-I can't hear the word "bass" (the fish) without instinctively thinking of an Animal Crossing pun.

-Sometimes I'll see weird rock formations or a tree all by it's lonesome and I'll think ooh, I bet there's a Korok there.

-I quote The Office (US) all. the. time. I can make an office reference on just about any topic, it feels.
td9UiZS.png
[img]https://i.ibb.co/6HF5rjv/6249375-D-5-B9-F-4-BEB-815-A-6788-ABAA8427.jpg[/img] I don’t really clap, but I do make that pose a bit when I’m happy, especially at work... thankfully, no one has really noticed it yet. [s]I swear I’m gonna call someone a “cool dude” one day...[/s] I also have the type matchup stuff deeply embedded in my mind, and I also get weirded out when the matchups are different for a different franchise, such as electricity being weak to water in Kirby Star Allies.
6249375-D-5-B9-F-4-BEB-815-A-6788-ABAA8427.jpg

I don’t really clap, but I do make that pose a bit when I’m happy, especially at work... thankfully, no one has really noticed it yet. I swear I’m gonna call someone a “cool dude” one day...

I also have the type matchup stuff deeply embedded in my mind, and I also get weirded out when the matchups are different for a different franchise, such as electricity being weak to water in Kirby Star Allies.
9vqTYg0.gifcfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.giffl0edFq.gif
Banner holder by me.
I’m in love with Herobrine
I’m in love with Herobrine
And if a silence filled the air do you think that anyone would even care? Would they be aware... of the mounting snow...
I think I have more of these than I'm letting on but they're not immediately coming to mind so...

- Firefly is definitely the reason I enjoy swearing in other languages so much (I still can't swear in Chinese but ssshhhh)
- As an enormous Legend of Spyro fan, I watched the LoS DotD parody online more than once, and I still quote it all. The. Time.
- I'm sure Mass Effect is responsible for more than just these, but I sign off emails with "Keelah Se'lai" a lot, and I always tell people that when flying cars exist I want them to look like oversized mittens
I think I have more of these than I'm letting on but they're not immediately coming to mind so...

- Firefly is definitely the reason I enjoy swearing in other languages so much (I still can't swear in Chinese but ssshhhh)
- As an enormous Legend of Spyro fan, I watched the LoS DotD parody online more than once, and I still quote it all. The. Time.
- I'm sure Mass Effect is responsible for more than just these, but I sign off emails with "Keelah Se'lai" a lot, and I always tell people that when flying cars exist I want them to look like oversized mittens
"But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.

This I did."

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26