Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Do you cuss/curse
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 36 37
Internally: *Dolphin nosie* *Airhorn* *Siren*

Me: Gosh...
Internally: *Dolphin nosie* *Airhorn* *Siren*

Me: Gosh...
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
[quote name="Vertigris" date="2020-04-05 19:25:59" ] Almost never. Which means that when I do, it has impact. [/quote] When I swear, my friends know I’m mad enough that they better pay attention.
Vertigris wrote on 2020-04-05 19:25:59:
Almost never.

Which means that when I do, it has impact.

When I swear, my friends know I’m mad enough that they better pay attention.
9242fa66-b028-11ea-854c-b3686ccad672.gif My Brew Shop
Where's my broadcast from? win a prize if you pm me!
I swear like a sailor around my friend and when I'm alone.
But I never swear around my family. As far as my siblings and parents are concerned, I've never said a swear word in my life.
I swear like a sailor around my friend and when I'm alone.
But I never swear around my family. As far as my siblings and parents are concerned, I've never said a swear word in my life.
xkhfOvZ.png ...
Evis / Ils
They/Them
FR +2
Aroace
Sporadically. I have no problem cursing, but I also tend to use other words. It depends on my cognitive functioning for the day, my pain level, the level of the brain fog, and my mood.
Sporadically. I have no problem cursing, but I also tend to use other words. It depends on my cognitive functioning for the day, my pain level, the level of the brain fog, and my mood.
cCYLT6h.png z8s5c34.png
5iXiC8z.png
4BheGMt.png
AaYNmEX.png
Al1BEGR.png
BPzUHdW.png
UuKod4C.png
JvUa9ma.png
5iXIYjY.png
Not out loud. I've only said a swear word once, accidentally. It seems to be my brother's favorite story about me to tell though. I can say swear words in my head, but it feels wrong to say them or type them.
Not out loud. I've only said a swear word once, accidentally. It seems to be my brother's favorite story about me to tell though. I can say swear words in my head, but it feels wrong to say them or type them.
LF:
Skin: Euphorbia
flower_fox_signature.png
Yep. I used to refuse to use them and then I realized that swears were just normal words that are socially constructed to be "bad." They can be used in rude contexts, but so can any other word or phrase. If people had the same kind of negativity towards insults in general that they do towards swears as words it would require far more effort to be mean to each other and many people just wouldn't bother. Swears are just words but we treat them like they're slurs (frankly as a society we react more to swears than we do to slurs and that's really what I find disgusting but that's another can of worms) and I think it's ridiculous that we've given them so much power. If your words aren't inciting violence or infringing on someone's agency, then they're just words.
Yep. I used to refuse to use them and then I realized that swears were just normal words that are socially constructed to be "bad." They can be used in rude contexts, but so can any other word or phrase. If people had the same kind of negativity towards insults in general that they do towards swears as words it would require far more effort to be mean to each other and many people just wouldn't bother. Swears are just words but we treat them like they're slurs (frankly as a society we react more to swears than we do to slurs and that's really what I find disgusting but that's another can of worms) and I think it's ridiculous that we've given them so much power. If your words aren't inciting violence or infringing on someone's agency, then they're just words.
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
i swear like a sailor around everyone except my relatives. and teachers. sometimes!

i swear like a sailor around everyone except my relatives. and teachers. sometimes!

Oup.gif
^ hi.. . my art ^
I cuss like a sailor
I cuss like a sailor
Emperor_Banner.png

Former Plague || Ping if you need anything
Sometimes, mostly in text though, i don't usually swear irl unless something is really wrong or i'm really mad.
Sometimes, mostly in text though, i don't usually swear irl unless something is really wrong or i'm really mad.
alU7SjZ.pngtumblr_oswg5vcfeg1v8lm95o3_r1_100.gifYdXahFO.gifc6ldplq.gifYdXahFO.giftumblr_oswg5vcfeg1v8lm95o4_r1_100.gifbkS13OY.png
Quite a lot.
Quite a lot.
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 36 37