Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Do you cuss/curse
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 36 37
Like a sailor online and with friends but not around my parents. Here I keep having to reword my sentences cause there's kiddos around
Like a sailor online and with friends but not around my parents. Here I keep having to reword my sentences cause there's kiddos around
I usually don't unless I'm really mad about something. This is probably a good thing because I spend 90% of my free time with a parrot on my shoulder, and if he decides he likes a word I said, he won't shut up about it. Last time I cussed in front of him he kept screaming a** at the weirdest possible times for almost a week.
I usually don't unless I'm really mad about something. This is probably a good thing because I spend 90% of my free time with a parrot on my shoulder, and if he decides he likes a word I said, he won't shut up about it. Last time I cussed in front of him he kept screaming a** at the weirdest possible times for almost a week.
somewhat! not too vulgar (i cant physically write the f word) but the one that can mean donkey and butt. i use way way more often than i probably should. think this is as vulgar as it gets for me!
all this only on the internet for the record and in english. pretty sure the most vulgar i get in russian is equivalent to "crap" i dunno its swears feel much harsher to me
somewhat! not too vulgar (i cant physically write the f word) but the one that can mean donkey and butt. i use way way more often than i probably should. think this is as vulgar as it gets for me!
all this only on the internet for the record and in english. pretty sure the most vulgar i get in russian is equivalent to "crap" i dunno its swears feel much harsher to me
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
When around people I know really well, but otherwise I avoid doing. One or two might occasionally slip out, but I really try not to or I apologize afterwards. Granted, I didn't swear around my parents until I was about...18, and even then I tried to avoid the "big" ones.

It can be quite entertaining, according to my mum, hearing me go from "well spoken and incredibly polite" to "mouth so dirty even a sailor would be shocked" in literal seconds.
When around people I know really well, but otherwise I avoid doing. One or two might occasionally slip out, but I really try not to or I apologize afterwards. Granted, I didn't swear around my parents until I was about...18, and even then I tried to avoid the "big" ones.

It can be quite entertaining, according to my mum, hearing me go from "well spoken and incredibly polite" to "mouth so dirty even a sailor would be shocked" in literal seconds.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
I swear quite a lot, I don't even notice it anymore. But I feel like it's very normalized in my country. But I definitely avoid certain things, in my country a lot of people use the names of certain diseases as swear words but that's not okay in my opinion.
I swear quite a lot, I don't even notice it anymore. But I feel like it's very normalized in my country. But I definitely avoid certain things, in my country a lot of people use the names of certain diseases as swear words but that's not okay in my opinion.
Dy7NM9n.png
21, She/They, FR time +10, Feel free to ping
I swear like a sailor.
I know when to refrain from using rude words (work, in front of children, those kind of places) but otherwise, most of my sentences are gonna be lanced with expletives. It's not a very nice habit.
I swear like a sailor.
I know when to refrain from using rude words (work, in front of children, those kind of places) but otherwise, most of my sentences are gonna be lanced with expletives. It's not a very nice habit.

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
They're just spicy words. I swear a LOT. But if my nephew is around I try to cut down
They're just spicy words. I swear a LOT. But if my nephew is around I try to cut down
She/Her | PM me about saving a fodder dragon :)
cSQQuYb.png
Nope! It just doesn't sound right coming from me, lol. Sometimes, I envy people who can curse, because sometimes it can make for some funny lines. It's something quick. Sure, some people say that people who swear just don't have a wide vocabulary, but that's not true, most of the time. I just never got to the point where I just .... blurted one out. I mean, like I said, it just sounds unnatural for my mouth/voice. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, though. I like the impact of a well-placed word or string of words. Both for comedy and for a more serious tone.

I can't make music, but I like listening to it.
Nope! It just doesn't sound right coming from me, lol. Sometimes, I envy people who can curse, because sometimes it can make for some funny lines. It's something quick. Sure, some people say that people who swear just don't have a wide vocabulary, but that's not true, most of the time. I just never got to the point where I just .... blurted one out. I mean, like I said, it just sounds unnatural for my mouth/voice. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, though. I like the impact of a well-placed word or string of words. Both for comedy and for a more serious tone.

I can't make music, but I like listening to it.
OuDych9.png
I used to work in a kitchen and I currently work on ships so 'nuff said lol.
In the kitchen it was a coping mechanism for a lot of us so we got both creative and vulgar. By the time I quit the kitchen I was happy throwing around the harsher words I previously couldn't stand.

I don't know how much I swear until I'm at work and can't def applies to me.
I do filter my language based on location and who I'm with - there are some locations like work (I'm now public facing) where it's just not appropriate to swear and I know some people who don't like swearing at all so ofc I'll respect that.
If who I'm with is comfortable with swears then yeah my language can be terrible.
I used to work in a kitchen and I currently work on ships so 'nuff said lol.
In the kitchen it was a coping mechanism for a lot of us so we got both creative and vulgar. By the time I quit the kitchen I was happy throwing around the harsher words I previously couldn't stand.

I don't know how much I swear until I'm at work and can't def applies to me.
I do filter my language based on location and who I'm with - there are some locations like work (I'm now public facing) where it's just not appropriate to swear and I know some people who don't like swearing at all so ofc I'll respect that.
If who I'm with is comfortable with swears then yeah my language can be terrible.
tumblr_pquf5x7lT91soemy4_250.png 27 / ISTJ / NB / FR+8

I draw things!
Toyhouse
Tumblr
Twitter
Services Offering:
Coli grinding & fodder leveling
Nope. I’ve never cursed, mainly because my brain likes to view it as keeping moral integrity, for some reason. Of my family, my parents both curse and my brother recently stopped, and most of my friends swear a lot. I do know that three of my friends also refuse to curse, and while the four of us are often the butt of friendly jokes relating to it, we do have a lot of fun coming up with silly insults to return.
Nope. I’ve never cursed, mainly because my brain likes to view it as keeping moral integrity, for some reason. Of my family, my parents both curse and my brother recently stopped, and most of my friends swear a lot. I do know that three of my friends also refuse to curse, and while the four of us are often the butt of friendly jokes relating to it, we do have a lot of fun coming up with silly insults to return.
Wetdog | she/her | fr +3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 36 37