Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What's your comfort item?
1 2 3 4 5 6
It's currently like midnight here and I still can't fall asleep. But what I can do is wrap myself in this miniscule blanket. My comfort item is currently this itty bitty blanket i've had with me for as long as I can remember. It's almost torn twice but each time it has, I learned and then relearned how to sew specifically to fix this little blanket. It's a soft pink blanket with a picture of a bear(?) riding a bike with apples in a basket. Quite cute if I must say.

So before I sign off for the night, I wanna ask y'all. What's your favorite comfort item that you have or have had? And if ya want, leave a description? Maybe there are some similarities in our ideas of comfort? :D
It's currently like midnight here and I still can't fall asleep. But what I can do is wrap myself in this miniscule blanket. My comfort item is currently this itty bitty blanket i've had with me for as long as I can remember. It's almost torn twice but each time it has, I learned and then relearned how to sew specifically to fix this little blanket. It's a soft pink blanket with a picture of a bear(?) riding a bike with apples in a basket. Quite cute if I must say.

So before I sign off for the night, I wanna ask y'all. What's your favorite comfort item that you have or have had? And if ya want, leave a description? Maybe there are some similarities in our ideas of comfort? :D
tumblr_psu07vDe6C1wogl4wo1_100.png - She/They/It | Hy/Hymn/Hymnself -
- Adult | Sagittarius | G1 Lover -
- "we go where no one goes" -
My comfort item is a blue body pillow with red hearts on it that I've had since i was a teenager.
My comfort item is a blue body pillow with red hearts on it that I've had since i was a teenager.
I have a pillow which I treat the same way most people would treat something like a teddy bear. Nothing special about it, just a regular ol' pillow that's pretty worn down by now.
I have a pillow which I treat the same way most people would treat something like a teddy bear. Nothing special about it, just a regular ol' pillow that's pretty worn down by now.
XR2L6R5.png
hzM3Sr2.pngWAWs3m5.png

2PD5mX1.png I've never hoarded items before but I've made it my goal to see just how much salt I can accumulate. Send me those sweet salt stacks, you wont regret it. (4968 piles of salt)
scGIGIO.png
Not really an item, but a scent. There is a particular mix of essential oils that are always able to calm me down enough to sleep.
Not really an item, but a scent. There is a particular mix of essential oils that are always able to calm me down enough to sleep.
SsKM2S5.pngA6YLlF0.pngtDeKDnH.png
i'm autistic and get attached to things easily so uh. i have a lot
-i've had plushies of marie from the aristocats and blue from blue's clues and i think they're lesbians
-a blue sheet and a comforter with flower patterns. i sleep with them every night. i can tell apart all my other sheets from my blue sheet by touch alone.
-white silky pillowcase that's been a part of my childhood forever. i also sleep with it every night
i'm autistic and get attached to things easily so uh. i have a lot
-i've had plushies of marie from the aristocats and blue from blue's clues and i think they're lesbians
-a blue sheet and a comforter with flower patterns. i sleep with them every night. i can tell apart all my other sheets from my blue sheet by touch alone.
-white silky pillowcase that's been a part of my childhood forever. i also sleep with it every night
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
I'm really attached to my mermaid mug.
I'm really attached to my mermaid mug.
Waystone1.gif
I don't have a going to sleep comfort item, but during the day if I get anxious or stressed it clams me down to fiddle with my jewelry, plus I feel more comfortable just by wearing it
I don't have a going to sleep comfort item, but during the day if I get anxious or stressed it clams me down to fiddle with my jewelry, plus I feel more comfortable just by wearing it
I'll Secondary Gene: Morph to someone else. I'm just a Tertiary Gene: Ghost Sprsme376.gifSprcr079.gif
Do real living n breathing animals count? Because if they do, then my cats. Definitely my cats.

If I have to name an actual item, well.. I have this super cute body pillow that brings me comfort. The grey one.

Click for pic
Do real living n breathing animals count? Because if they do, then my cats. Definitely my cats.

If I have to name an actual item, well.. I have this super cute body pillow that brings me comfort. The grey one.

Click for pic
PWSZq63.pngN5Fffyx.pngwX6kcXO.png
as for sleep stuff, i have a plushie here and a plushie at other dwelling that i tend to cuddle with, but just out of habit really, i can grab anything in my arms and feel nice enough

but as for Genuinely Great Comfort, i have one (or two) certain item(s) and i shall Explain It In Detail:

have an image (selfie, but nonmirrored) of me posing with a Special (T-)Shirt, the pic from when i'd freshly got it. the shirt's one of two, the other being black with the behind-scribble in grey.

they were gifted to me last april by my current main fav music artist, after one of the times ive seen him live, when we met (again). secret limited edition merch <3 not going to mention who tho because if i do he might see this (joys of being a fan (or fan+acquaintance by now. fanquaintance) of an obscureish artist) and im shy

i don't really wear the shirts at home because i don't want them to acquire the curse of eternal cat hair, but when theyre on standby i have them folded in a way that emphasizes the hand-doodle part of the design, and i can sometimes just .....hold either of them for a little and be all <3, or have it near me in folded form. but i can wear them more when i go out or when im in my unicity / in the dwelling there. theyre oversized for me (red is xxl, black xl) so thats a v comfey bonus

the red shirt i've worn more, and discovered eventually that the white bits are a little weakly printed, so initially i carefully occasionally painted over them with fabric paint and later carefully embroidered over the edges. i'm in the process of doing the latter with the black shirt too
as for sleep stuff, i have a plushie here and a plushie at other dwelling that i tend to cuddle with, but just out of habit really, i can grab anything in my arms and feel nice enough

but as for Genuinely Great Comfort, i have one (or two) certain item(s) and i shall Explain It In Detail:

have an image (selfie, but nonmirrored) of me posing with a Special (T-)Shirt, the pic from when i'd freshly got it. the shirt's one of two, the other being black with the behind-scribble in grey.

they were gifted to me last april by my current main fav music artist, after one of the times ive seen him live, when we met (again). secret limited edition merch <3 not going to mention who tho because if i do he might see this (joys of being a fan (or fan+acquaintance by now. fanquaintance) of an obscureish artist) and im shy

i don't really wear the shirts at home because i don't want them to acquire the curse of eternal cat hair, but when theyre on standby i have them folded in a way that emphasizes the hand-doodle part of the design, and i can sometimes just .....hold either of them for a little and be all <3, or have it near me in folded form. but i can wear them more when i go out or when im in my unicity / in the dwelling there. theyre oversized for me (red is xxl, black xl) so thats a v comfey bonus

the red shirt i've worn more, and discovered eventually that the white bits are a little weakly printed, so initially i carefully occasionally painted over them with fabric paint and later carefully embroidered over the edges. i'm in the process of doing the latter with the black shirt too
a minimal doodle of a charcoal/periwinkle imperial with some matchy apparel lounging, with the text 'wow...' near her head she/her / frt+10

"have you tried drink water"
I have a winnie the pooh pillow in the shape of his face that I've had since my very first birthday all the color except for the black has faded away and the yellow became a lot darker

it sounds really stupid but without it sleeping becomes a lot harder haha
I have a winnie the pooh pillow in the shape of his face that I've had since my very first birthday all the color except for the black has faded away and the yellow became a lot darker

it sounds really stupid but without it sleeping becomes a lot harder haha
akueye3.png
1 2 3 4 5 6