Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | GoT 8th Season
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
my heart
my heart
Rene2.png

Wishlist
Art shop
xxxxxxxxx shellbubble.gif
[quote name="EclipseDragon" date="2019-04-29 05:27:27" ] [spoiler]Just like Arya to get the important stuff done. If she somehow manages to also kill Cersei, it might leave the other characters wondering why they even bothered haha. It feels weird seeing the Night King die in this episode, that basically leaves Cersei as the final boss, and with all the build up about what a great threat the Night King was, Cersei feels a bit like a downgrade. Also... who even was the Night King, why was he doing what he was doing? They left so many questions unanswered.[/spolier] [/quote] [spoiler]Yeah, I have the same feeling about Cersei. I mean the Night King was the worst and most dangerous enemy in the story or at least we (and the characters) thought this.[/spoiler]
EclipseDragon wrote on 2019-04-29 05:27:27:
Just like Arya to get the important stuff done. If she somehow manages to also kill Cersei, it might leave the other characters wondering why they even bothered haha.

It feels weird seeing the Night King die in this episode, that basically leaves Cersei as the final boss, and with all the build up about what a great threat the Night King was, Cersei feels a bit like a downgrade.

Also... who even was the Night King, why was he doing what he was doing? They left so many questions unanswered.[/spolier]

Yeah, I have the same feeling about Cersei. I mean the Night King was the worst and most dangerous enemy in the story or at least we (and the characters) thought this.
swip.png Yumi's XXX G1 quest
Wishlist
Yumi's goal tracker
Quick thoughts about this latest episode

-World War Z: Winterfell Edition

-The special effects on this one were really cool! The fire swords! The snow wall! Clouds! Dragons!

-I don't understand why NK would be able to raise crypt zombies. People killed by zombies, sure, but not people that died of other causes potentially a long time ago. Also, zombies quietly roaming the library didn't seem very On Brand, but w/e in either case

- For a while I thought they really were going to kill everyone, and have the last 3 episodes be Cersei vs whitewalkers. Those last 5 minutes were intense!!

-Poor Theon! Poor Mormonts!
Quick thoughts about this latest episode

-World War Z: Winterfell Edition

-The special effects on this one were really cool! The fire swords! The snow wall! Clouds! Dragons!

-I don't understand why NK would be able to raise crypt zombies. People killed by zombies, sure, but not people that died of other causes potentially a long time ago. Also, zombies quietly roaming the library didn't seem very On Brand, but w/e in either case

- For a while I thought they really were going to kill everyone, and have the last 3 episodes be Cersei vs whitewalkers. Those last 5 minutes were intense!!

-Poor Theon! Poor Mormonts!
UEKFohX.png
@vidoxi,
I think this show's been good and still is, but I do have to agree on a couple points you've made.

The way that the Nightking died was a bit of a let down, it was too simple for a character that was built up to be a god (not literally). I mean, he brought one hell of an army and wiped pretty much the entirety of the North's army. He's able to withstand a dragon's flames. I was expecting an epic battle between him and a big name character (I mean, Arya is but I wasn't expecting her of all people. But it's all apart of her prophecy, I guess), but he dies to a simple, swift shank. I mean, Jorah and the flame dude took A LOT of hits before dying, so why couldn't the Nightking?

The Whitewalkers being in the library made no sense, unless the Nightking was searching for something, which was never stated. So that was a good waste of time, unless it was just to set up Arya to meet with Melisandre.

Dany HAS become insufferable, and it's especially apparent in this season and the last. She's become so entitled.
@vidoxi,
I think this show's been good and still is, but I do have to agree on a couple points you've made.

The way that the Nightking died was a bit of a let down, it was too simple for a character that was built up to be a god (not literally). I mean, he brought one hell of an army and wiped pretty much the entirety of the North's army. He's able to withstand a dragon's flames. I was expecting an epic battle between him and a big name character (I mean, Arya is but I wasn't expecting her of all people. But it's all apart of her prophecy, I guess), but he dies to a simple, swift shank. I mean, Jorah and the flame dude took A LOT of hits before dying, so why couldn't the Nightking?

The Whitewalkers being in the library made no sense, unless the Nightking was searching for something, which was never stated. So that was a good waste of time, unless it was just to set up Arya to meet with Melisandre.

Dany HAS become insufferable, and it's especially apparent in this season and the last. She's become so entitled.
o007-d01-Amorah.pngo007-d02-Amorah.pngo007-d03-Amorah.pngo007-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d01-Amorah.pngs064-d02-Amorah.pngs064-d03-Amorah.pngs064-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d05-Amorah.pngs064-d06-Amorah.pngs064-d07-Amorah.pngs064-d08-Amorah.pngs064-d09-Amorah.pngs064-d10-Amorah.pngs075-d01-Amorah.pngs075-d02-Amorah.pngs075-d03-Amorah.pngs075-d04-Amorah.pngs075-d05-Amorah.pngs075-d06-Amorah.pngo007-d05-Amorah.png
ADb9Vnz.png
We really loved the episode and how tense and pretty it all was.

We do feel bad for the poor Dothraki though :c They united and crossed the poisoned water for Dany just to...pointlessly die in 10 seconds.
Really cool shot with the flaming swords all going out though :D
We really loved the episode and how tense and pretty it all was.

We do feel bad for the poor Dothraki though :c They united and crossed the poisoned water for Dany just to...pointlessly die in 10 seconds.
Really cool shot with the flaming swords all going out though :D
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
My sister and I were freaking out about last night's episode haha

First of all my favorite cinematic was of Rhaegal and Drogon above the clouds of the blizzard. It was so pretty ugh.

Scariest thing was the literal wave of zombies that came after the Dothraki charge.

Biggest moment was of course Arya killing the night king. I can see why people would be upset about it, but I think it was done well, even though it has been hinted at that she would be the one to do it for a while now. Yes, he was defeated in one episode, but it was a 1.5 hour episode and we've had other characters encounter him before this. I hope we do get some more info on his motive, but I'm not expecting it.

I was so sad when Lyanna Mormont died, but she killed the giant which was amazing! Theon, Jorah, Edd, and Beric get kudos too! Honestly I'm very surprised so many of the cast survived, but I'm not complaining. They have to go fight Cersei's army next which will be fun.

Also Jamie and Brienne need to kiss now dangit.

Also also what the heck was Bran doing during the fight. He warged into some ravens and found the night king, but was that it?? It's not like he communicated to anyone about where NK was so what was the point?
My sister and I were freaking out about last night's episode haha

First of all my favorite cinematic was of Rhaegal and Drogon above the clouds of the blizzard. It was so pretty ugh.

Scariest thing was the literal wave of zombies that came after the Dothraki charge.

Biggest moment was of course Arya killing the night king. I can see why people would be upset about it, but I think it was done well, even though it has been hinted at that she would be the one to do it for a while now. Yes, he was defeated in one episode, but it was a 1.5 hour episode and we've had other characters encounter him before this. I hope we do get some more info on his motive, but I'm not expecting it.

I was so sad when Lyanna Mormont died, but she killed the giant which was amazing! Theon, Jorah, Edd, and Beric get kudos too! Honestly I'm very surprised so many of the cast survived, but I'm not complaining. They have to go fight Cersei's army next which will be fun.

Also Jamie and Brienne need to kiss now dangit.

Also also what the heck was Bran doing during the fight. He warged into some ravens and found the night king, but was that it?? It's not like he communicated to anyone about where NK was so what was the point?
tumblr_nsl2ezQmvD1slad33o1_250.png
Not very many people died in this episode (least not nearly as many as I though would) and I don't know how I feel about that.
Not very many people died in this episode (least not nearly as many as I though would) and I don't know how I feel about that.
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png
I'm so sad that Theon died. He was one of my favorite characters. He grew so much, he did make some mistakes but which character hasn't (ok maybe not everybody but...)???

Also the unsullied :^(
I'm so sad that Theon died. He was one of my favorite characters. He grew so much, he did make some mistakes but which character hasn't (ok maybe not everybody but...)???

Also the unsullied :^(
I have so many issues with episode three. I started watching and I swear I thought this was gonna the end of it here... and we still have three episodes left... urgh.

But seriously I loved the special effects, Viserion's blue flames seeping out through his neck... The blizzard cloud scene... Arya's epic ninja sneak attack...I have shivers.
I have so many issues with episode three. I started watching and I swear I thought this was gonna the end of it here... and we still have three episodes left... urgh.

But seriously I loved the special effects, Viserion's blue flames seeping out through his neck... The blizzard cloud scene... Arya's epic ninja sneak attack...I have shivers.
Seeking Gen1 Flaxen/Midnight,Steel-Abyss/Midnight,Steel-Abyss
KHOiAv3.pnglPpogfJ.pngxGzwQab.pngwsU1mG4.pngdO6FQIW.pnghrbqzip.png7ESWNLx.png7XPr7wW.pngTBH15GG.pngHGGhJuM.pngRYy3HXn.pngU4YPA7B.pngB5yHFLM.png

scribblesisonlydoodling.gif

Koi%20Signature_zpsphzlcqrx.png[/columns]v2.png

oc4pg8L.png

lightsmall3_by_lichtdrache-da7ztog.png

JscoHOG.png

SgonDOb.png
@amorah yeah i thought that the night king was going to have some kind of time-travelling crazy battle-of-the-minds with bran but bran didnt do anything seemingly. makes you wonder why the night king even wanted him dead so badly. arya being azor ahai just doesnt make sense and it's not satisfying because she didnt even know who the night king was until what, a couple weeks before the battle? jon being azor ahai/striking the final blow would have been really predictable (and im not much of a jon snow fan anyway) but at least it would have made more sense. i love maisie williams but the way they write her character recently just sucks lol. in the books her character arc is very tragic and human, about a deeply traumatized girl losing her innocence and slowly becoming more comfortable with killing, but in the show she's basically a superpowered anime character who's only mood is being smug. barf.

i think theyre trying to make daenerys somewhat unlikable (though i think she's been unlikable for a while longer) because she's not going to have the throne at the end and they want the audience to be okay with it.

i dont think the show is entirely garbage now but after season 4 there's such a noticeable drop in quality from the early seasons that its very disappointing to me because got/asoiaf has been one of my favorite things for a long time now. d&d stopped adapting the story directly from the books so it's literally just licensed fanfiction now and it shows. :/
@amorah yeah i thought that the night king was going to have some kind of time-travelling crazy battle-of-the-minds with bran but bran didnt do anything seemingly. makes you wonder why the night king even wanted him dead so badly. arya being azor ahai just doesnt make sense and it's not satisfying because she didnt even know who the night king was until what, a couple weeks before the battle? jon being azor ahai/striking the final blow would have been really predictable (and im not much of a jon snow fan anyway) but at least it would have made more sense. i love maisie williams but the way they write her character recently just sucks lol. in the books her character arc is very tragic and human, about a deeply traumatized girl losing her innocence and slowly becoming more comfortable with killing, but in the show she's basically a superpowered anime character who's only mood is being smug. barf.

i think theyre trying to make daenerys somewhat unlikable (though i think she's been unlikable for a while longer) because she's not going to have the throne at the end and they want the audience to be okay with it.

i dont think the show is entirely garbage now but after season 4 there's such a noticeable drop in quality from the early seasons that its very disappointing to me because got/asoiaf has been one of my favorite things for a long time now. d&d stopped adapting the story directly from the books so it's literally just licensed fanfiction now and it shows. :/
ytkEBod.pngll0CfnD.png510b8a63d40dc52d20b17daf90107ad8a80d4b80.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16