Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | GoT 8th Season
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16
Omg I wanted Missandei to walk off herself just to spite Cersei.
Omg I wanted Missandei to walk off herself just to spite Cersei.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
@IronPen that would have been rad as heck

honestly
i'm not thrilled w this episode but i have to say cersei's continued ruthlessness gives me life
@IronPen that would have been rad as heck

honestly
i'm not thrilled w this episode but i have to say cersei's continued ruthlessness gives me life
hermes | she/her | FRT+0
OOf4SrF.gifCrystalBallSilver.gifOOf4SrF.gif

If I had to pick between Jon and Dany to win I'd have to pick Jon because Dany seems just Too Obvious as a winner. I know we've gone fairly Hollywood with some plot choices once it got off the books but 'girl determines her single goal in life is to win the throne, then wins the throne' seems really obvious to me? 8'D Jon does seem 'best choice', but I'm noooot too sure about him in the end either
also he did not say goodbye to Ghost as far as we know. Rude! If he cannot be a good dog owner how can he rule the 7 kingdoms?

I don't think Cersei is going to win though, because she seems to be the one everyone loves to hate and would 'ideally' get a really spectacular death scene. (also because it would be fairly boring if she got the iron throne....then just kept it, lol) On that note I REALLY hope Euron caught the part where apparently Tyrion already knows she pregnant even though it was supposed to be a recent development.

Other random thoughts:
-The kraken tentacle pattern on the Greyjoy ship ballistae were a neat design choice!

-Wasn't a fan of Missandei's death. It felt a little too random and sudden? Like they felt like there wasn't enough named character deaths so far and needed to pick someone. I get that they probably want to totally incense Dany but, ehhhh. Idk, just felt kind of blah to me, might have been better if they had dragged the capture and execution out more and not jammed it all at the end of the episode.

-I did like Tyrion telling Varys, aka Westeros Social Media, about Jon. I will probably laugh a lot if by the next episode literally everyone knows about the secret

-I'm sad that Jaime made Brienne cry, even if it was to keep her safe. Poor Brienne! Tormund wouldn't have hurt you like that!!

If I had to pick between Jon and Dany to win I'd have to pick Jon because Dany seems just Too Obvious as a winner. I know we've gone fairly Hollywood with some plot choices once it got off the books but 'girl determines her single goal in life is to win the throne, then wins the throne' seems really obvious to me? 8'D Jon does seem 'best choice', but I'm noooot too sure about him in the end either
also he did not say goodbye to Ghost as far as we know. Rude! If he cannot be a good dog owner how can he rule the 7 kingdoms?

I don't think Cersei is going to win though, because she seems to be the one everyone loves to hate and would 'ideally' get a really spectacular death scene. (also because it would be fairly boring if she got the iron throne....then just kept it, lol) On that note I REALLY hope Euron caught the part where apparently Tyrion already knows she pregnant even though it was supposed to be a recent development.

Other random thoughts:
-The kraken tentacle pattern on the Greyjoy ship ballistae were a neat design choice!

-Wasn't a fan of Missandei's death. It felt a little too random and sudden? Like they felt like there wasn't enough named character deaths so far and needed to pick someone. I get that they probably want to totally incense Dany but, ehhhh. Idk, just felt kind of blah to me, might have been better if they had dragged the capture and execution out more and not jammed it all at the end of the episode.

-I did like Tyrion telling Varys, aka Westeros Social Media, about Jon. I will probably laugh a lot if by the next episode literally everyone knows about the secret

-I'm sad that Jaime made Brienne cry, even if it was to keep her safe. Poor Brienne! Tormund wouldn't have hurt you like that!!

UEKFohX.png
[quote=Arborpunk] [spoiler]Wasn't a fan of Missandei's death. It felt a little too random and sudden? Like they felt like there wasn't enough named character deaths so far and needed to pick someone. I get that they probably want to totally incense Dany but, ehhhh. Idk, just felt kind of blah to me, might have been better if they had dragged the capture and execution out more and not jammed it all at the end of the episode.[/spoiler][/quote] Oh yeah, me neither. [spoiler]For starters, how did they even get a hold of her???? When???? And second, I totally agree. I read somewhere that with Missande's death that would be the last string to pull on Dany before she goes "mad". To push her over the edge. But it's like...really?[/spoiler] On another note... [spoiler]I WISH THEY HAD SHOWN US THE REACTION OF THE STARK GIRLS FINDING OUT ABOUT JON'S HERITAGE. I feel like that's something they should've shown us. I bet it was a big surprise on their end. Maybe it's because they thought that it would be repetitive? Especially when we already knew, and maybe they thought, "oh they don't need to be reminded." But no, we want to see how his family reacts to that despite us knowing...ya feel?[/spoiler] Maybe it wasn't such a good idea for them to push everything into 6 episodes.
Arborpunk wrote:
Wasn't a fan of Missandei's death. It felt a little too random and sudden? Like they felt like there wasn't enough named character deaths so far and needed to pick someone. I get that they probably want to totally incense Dany but, ehhhh. Idk, just felt kind of blah to me, might have been better if they had dragged the capture and execution out more and not jammed it all at the end of the episode.

Oh yeah, me neither.
For starters, how did they even get a hold of her???? When????

And second, I totally agree. I read somewhere that with Missande's death that would be the last string to pull on Dany before she goes "mad". To push her over the edge. But it's like...really?

On another note...
I WISH THEY HAD SHOWN US THE REACTION OF THE STARK GIRLS FINDING OUT ABOUT JON'S HERITAGE. I feel like that's something they should've shown us. I bet it was a big surprise on their end. Maybe it's because they thought that it would be repetitive? Especially when we already knew, and maybe they thought, "oh they don't need to be reminded." But no, we want to see how his family reacts to that despite us knowing...ya feel?

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea for them to push everything into 6 episodes.
o007-d01-Amorah.pngo007-d02-Amorah.pngo007-d03-Amorah.pngo007-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d01-Amorah.pngs064-d02-Amorah.pngs064-d03-Amorah.pngs064-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d05-Amorah.pngs064-d06-Amorah.pngs064-d07-Amorah.pngs064-d08-Amorah.pngs064-d09-Amorah.pngs064-d10-Amorah.pngs075-d01-Amorah.pngs075-d02-Amorah.pngs075-d03-Amorah.pngs075-d04-Amorah.pngs075-d05-Amorah.pngs075-d06-Amorah.pngo007-d05-Amorah.png
ADb9Vnz.png
@Arborpunk
Yeah I think Jon's getting it but that's half the reason Dany's in such a tailspin, cause she knows with him as a legit option she's now second choice. Which just drowns out all her sacrifices and the work she's put into getting her throne but at the same time she's messing up her own chances. It's all getting that accursed chair nevermind that the whole thing is forged from the swords of her families enemies. God just settle in Riverrun or something while you launch your war instead of aiming straight for KL. She feels so threatened she's shutting down every other route and it's gonna cost her.

Honestly I'm waiting for Arya to kill Cersei and take Gendry as her consort as she rules the 7 kingdoms.
@Arborpunk
Yeah I think Jon's getting it but that's half the reason Dany's in such a tailspin, cause she knows with him as a legit option she's now second choice. Which just drowns out all her sacrifices and the work she's put into getting her throne but at the same time she's messing up her own chances. It's all getting that accursed chair nevermind that the whole thing is forged from the swords of her families enemies. God just settle in Riverrun or something while you launch your war instead of aiming straight for KL. She feels so threatened she's shutting down every other route and it's gonna cost her.

Honestly I'm waiting for Arya to kill Cersei and take Gendry as her consort as she rules the 7 kingdoms.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
I just want to see them burn. You know it's bad when characters are criticizing dany for wanting to burn KL down, but I want to see them burn... burn them all
honestly the best ending possible for me would be drogon burning KL, he ignites wildfire cache, basically all of KL blows up , Cersei watching in horror from her balcony as euron and his fleet with the golden company get incinerated by wildfire, as does all of Kl and drogon, and then she hears a rumble as the red keep also explodes... and then all that's left is just a smoldering pile of ash, and then Arya removes her face to be revealed as the night king and everyone lives happily ever after... still salty about the NK, the South never even tasted how terrifying he was....
I just want to see them burn. You know it's bad when characters are criticizing dany for wanting to burn KL down, but I want to see them burn... burn them all
honestly the best ending possible for me would be drogon burning KL, he ignites wildfire cache, basically all of KL blows up , Cersei watching in horror from her balcony as euron and his fleet with the golden company get incinerated by wildfire, as does all of Kl and drogon, and then she hears a rumble as the red keep also explodes... and then all that's left is just a smoldering pile of ash, and then Arya removes her face to be revealed as the night king and everyone lives happily ever after... still salty about the NK, the South never even tasted how terrifying he was....
I've just looooved this season so far. Purely.
My fiancé and I are inviting som friends over now and then and we're going to make dinner and watch the new episode together tonight cx

I don't want to spoil my thoughts or use the spoilers since I don't have anything special to say other than the fact that I'm very satisfied so far.
I've just looooved this season so far. Purely.
My fiancé and I are inviting som friends over now and then and we're going to make dinner and watch the new episode together tonight cx

I don't want to spoil my thoughts or use the spoilers since I don't have anything special to say other than the fact that I'm very satisfied so far.
unknown-2.png
All the fast travel is really fun.

And Jon is a really bad pet owner :c Poor Ghost not even getting a goodbye hug.
All the fast travel is really fun.

And Jon is a really bad pet owner :c Poor Ghost not even getting a goodbye hug.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
If it's not ending like Monty Python and the Holy Grail then it's not worth it.
If it's not ending like Monty Python and the Holy Grail then it's not worth it.
AvatarofAkatosh-cropped.png I tried to make an aesthetic signature but it broke :(
@Ironpen
YEAH, ideally I would like to have Arya finish her list and either rule with Gendry or just leave and go on adventures together, that would be pretty cool

Also agree, I wish Dany would have camped out somewhere for at least a little bit before going straight for KL buuuut yeah, with the way everything is going now she seems to be getting set up for some catastrophic failure 8'D
@Ironpen
YEAH, ideally I would like to have Arya finish her list and either rule with Gendry or just leave and go on adventures together, that would be pretty cool

Also agree, I wish Dany would have camped out somewhere for at least a little bit before going straight for KL buuuut yeah, with the way everything is going now she seems to be getting set up for some catastrophic failure 8'D
UEKFohX.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16