Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | GoT 8th Season
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Please insert Mufasa Death and Simba with Drogon and Dany

Darn auto-correct :/
Please insert Mufasa Death and Simba with Drogon and Dany

Darn auto-correct :/
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
I'm worried....

I gave up on this season and knew the finale was going to be very bitter and unsatisfactory.

What I'm worried about is

Is this really how GRRM wanted the characters' stories to end? Even if the journeys were different, is this how he truly saw them ending????

Jon and Bran's especially.

Just..... No.

Why have all of that about Jon's parentage? If he's going to be thrown out like that, then you might as well have him as Ned's actual son and let a random woman he slept with be the mother.

I can't see any journey for those two that would make me feel happy they get this ending.

Maybe Arya's journey would be better.... hers always seemed to be about family - avenging them, and protecting them. So why would she suddenly up and leave them? For no more than curiousity in travelling? She's never shown interest in travelling from curiousity - only for a clear purpose (like killing or learning to kill).

I rather she stay with her family... the blade in the darkness that harms anyone who gets near any of them...

Only Sansa's arc (out of the Starks) felt decent to me. She rightfully deserved that.
I'm worried....

I gave up on this season and knew the finale was going to be very bitter and unsatisfactory.

What I'm worried about is

Is this really how GRRM wanted the characters' stories to end? Even if the journeys were different, is this how he truly saw them ending????

Jon and Bran's especially.

Just..... No.

Why have all of that about Jon's parentage? If he's going to be thrown out like that, then you might as well have him as Ned's actual son and let a random woman he slept with be the mother.

I can't see any journey for those two that would make me feel happy they get this ending.

Maybe Arya's journey would be better.... hers always seemed to be about family - avenging them, and protecting them. So why would she suddenly up and leave them? For no more than curiousity in travelling? She's never shown interest in travelling from curiousity - only for a clear purpose (like killing or learning to kill).

I rather she stay with her family... the blade in the darkness that harms anyone who gets near any of them...

Only Sansa's arc (out of the Starks) felt decent to me. She rightfully deserved that.
For "I Know That Reference", all dragons (minus Level 25s & Fodders) are fandergs within my lair :)
Reading more and more about everyone's thoughts really brought me to accept my disappointment of the show rather than just settling that this ending is a good ending. I haven't caught onto GOT on the very start, just came in time to see season 7 in real time and now 8, but like many avid watchers, there's such a huge feeling of loss towards this ending.

It felt so rushed, so empty,, and seeing everyone else point it out it's more clear. More detailed plot lines are brushed over the head or just ignored, and would have been nice to be mentioned, used or put emphasis again. I didn't even know the writers had more work scheduled for their future, and if it's true they wanted to push GOT aside to pursue that, it's really really upsettng. In fact, I think I'm insulted? If they lost interest in writing for the show, WHYnot hire different writers who are very passionate and do a better job? People who care about what they do will do it ten times better.

I'm heartbroken to know the even the actors are distraught about the final results. This is years and years of their acting and dedication to their roles. Some actors grew up playing their roles. Not just to the fans, the writers really did the actors dirty too. Imagine acting the story of something you can't agree with. I know in their hearts they hoped for something different. I am not out here demanding pure fluffy happy endings because it's not a romcom show, but at least it should end with a sort of fulfillment, not betrayal.

I guess.... I'm all for the results that happened in the last episode, but at least make the journey more worthwhile.
Reading more and more about everyone's thoughts really brought me to accept my disappointment of the show rather than just settling that this ending is a good ending. I haven't caught onto GOT on the very start, just came in time to see season 7 in real time and now 8, but like many avid watchers, there's such a huge feeling of loss towards this ending.

It felt so rushed, so empty,, and seeing everyone else point it out it's more clear. More detailed plot lines are brushed over the head or just ignored, and would have been nice to be mentioned, used or put emphasis again. I didn't even know the writers had more work scheduled for their future, and if it's true they wanted to push GOT aside to pursue that, it's really really upsettng. In fact, I think I'm insulted? If they lost interest in writing for the show, WHYnot hire different writers who are very passionate and do a better job? People who care about what they do will do it ten times better.

I'm heartbroken to know the even the actors are distraught about the final results. This is years and years of their acting and dedication to their roles. Some actors grew up playing their roles. Not just to the fans, the writers really did the actors dirty too. Imagine acting the story of something you can't agree with. I know in their hearts they hoped for something different. I am not out here demanding pure fluffy happy endings because it's not a romcom show, but at least it should end with a sort of fulfillment, not betrayal.

I guess.... I'm all for the results that happened in the last episode, but at least make the journey more worthwhile.
T2L4bvz.png XmHV7tO.png
DoQJ9XF.png
hUchsi0.png
tbKf2X5.png
kf4dDFx.png
5hF3FGk.png
PiAyg8i.png
I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO REDACT LINES SO PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I've personally never read the series. However, I want to. Just books aren't cheap. But I watch the show. It was going so well. Its truly terrible to know that the actors are not happy about the results, that they managed to practically turn the entire fanbase to outrage XD And I don't blame the fanbase.

I was rooting for Dany. She stood up for women. She protected children. She accepted the men who do not wrong others. And she brought swift justice to those who do. She freed people from slavery, something that even in our world, should never had existed. She had a calm confidence that was inspiring. Then everything hit the climax fan and broke the whole story.

Missandei was one of my favorites. As was Varys. I loved her dragon babes. I felt the grief with her as she lost her children, her closest friends, and the power she felt she had. That doesn't excuse what she did. They rang the bells....

Jon Snow was my king. He was an honorable man. Strong and smart. Loyal and fierce when needed. They wronged his character too. They betrayed each character. I'm okay with what they did with Jamie, he would've gone back to Cersei in the hopes of saving her and thousand others. He clearly was depressed and felt he was a disgusting person. I feel bad for Brienne though. But they build up so much anger and frustration towards Cersei only for her to be crushed. I will play devil's advocate for a second. In their defense, she literally stood there and watched as she lost. She watched her city burn. Then her safe place. Her home. Began crumbling all around her. She was losing everything. And was terrified to boot. Then for her "weapon" and safe haven to fall on top of her and kill her is some ironic justice. It just kinda peetered out too fast. There was no satisfaction, like there was with Joffry.

Dany walking out to speak to her army with Drogon's wings stretching out behind her was cinematic genius. Then Dany opened her mouth. Tyrion did the right thing in the end. Should have betrayed her sooner, but how was he to know what she would become. Even Varys didn't know for sure. I wanted her dead, but the betrayal from Jon killed it. Stupid idiot knows nothing. I wanted Arya to avenge the people of King's Landing. The innocents. Why else would Melisandre reference eye colors and a fate to Arya?!

I approve of Bran being king. I can't even with Jon becoming a wildling and the sadness across his face the whole time. Proud of Sansa, and I'm sure her mother is too. And excited for Arya. Also when Drogon was nudging Dany to try to wake her dead body, I just couldn't. Way to rip my heart out. The burning of the iron throne was epic though.

All in all, after so much time and effort put into this story. After the years of dedication from fans. This was a bust. It felt rushed, there were many plot holes. And they turned the story upside down and flushed it down the toilet. Were they on something when writing?! Its sad to see something that was great, ruined.

NO ONE CAN TAKE THE IRON THRONE IF THERE ISN'T ONE HAHAHA
I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO REDACT LINES SO PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I've personally never read the series. However, I want to. Just books aren't cheap. But I watch the show. It was going so well. Its truly terrible to know that the actors are not happy about the results, that they managed to practically turn the entire fanbase to outrage XD And I don't blame the fanbase.

I was rooting for Dany. She stood up for women. She protected children. She accepted the men who do not wrong others. And she brought swift justice to those who do. She freed people from slavery, something that even in our world, should never had existed. She had a calm confidence that was inspiring. Then everything hit the climax fan and broke the whole story.

Missandei was one of my favorites. As was Varys. I loved her dragon babes. I felt the grief with her as she lost her children, her closest friends, and the power she felt she had. That doesn't excuse what she did. They rang the bells....

Jon Snow was my king. He was an honorable man. Strong and smart. Loyal and fierce when needed. They wronged his character too. They betrayed each character. I'm okay with what they did with Jamie, he would've gone back to Cersei in the hopes of saving her and thousand others. He clearly was depressed and felt he was a disgusting person. I feel bad for Brienne though. But they build up so much anger and frustration towards Cersei only for her to be crushed. I will play devil's advocate for a second. In their defense, she literally stood there and watched as she lost. She watched her city burn. Then her safe place. Her home. Began crumbling all around her. She was losing everything. And was terrified to boot. Then for her "weapon" and safe haven to fall on top of her and kill her is some ironic justice. It just kinda peetered out too fast. There was no satisfaction, like there was with Joffry.

Dany walking out to speak to her army with Drogon's wings stretching out behind her was cinematic genius. Then Dany opened her mouth. Tyrion did the right thing in the end. Should have betrayed her sooner, but how was he to know what she would become. Even Varys didn't know for sure. I wanted her dead, but the betrayal from Jon killed it. Stupid idiot knows nothing. I wanted Arya to avenge the people of King's Landing. The innocents. Why else would Melisandre reference eye colors and a fate to Arya?!

I approve of Bran being king. I can't even with Jon becoming a wildling and the sadness across his face the whole time. Proud of Sansa, and I'm sure her mother is too. And excited for Arya. Also when Drogon was nudging Dany to try to wake her dead body, I just couldn't. Way to rip my heart out. The burning of the iron throne was epic though.

All in all, after so much time and effort put into this story. After the years of dedication from fans. This was a bust. It felt rushed, there were many plot holes. And they turned the story upside down and flushed it down the toilet. Were they on something when writing?! Its sad to see something that was great, ruined.

NO ONE CAN TAKE THE IRON THRONE IF THERE ISN'T ONE HAHAHA
60eldD0.gif mlHpBMC.png
rix3ppo.png
R1dejfm.png
ypcKWM0.png
qhK4FYS.png
YMPbu9R.png
tumblr_inline_pafumaKs2Z1r16a5d_540.pngSapling-Speaker.png
cLyqlLC.png
[spoiler] Podrick got knighted, yay! [emoji=ridgeback happy size=1] Also I'm pretty satisfied about what happened to Jon, I never really could see him being a king of the seven kingdoms, and at least he wont be alone. [/spoiler]
Podrick got knighted, yay!

Also I'm pretty satisfied about what happened to Jon, I never really could see him being a king of the seven kingdoms, and at least he wont be alone.
He/Him or They/Them

I like D&D Worldbuilding
@lukagiou
To redact you write [-spoiler-]
@lukagiou
To redact you write [-spoiler-]
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
ooh thanks, and without the hyphen I'm sure haha
ooh thanks, and without the hyphen I'm sure haha
60eldD0.gif mlHpBMC.png
rix3ppo.png
R1dejfm.png
ypcKWM0.png
qhK4FYS.png
YMPbu9R.png
tumblr_inline_pafumaKs2Z1r16a5d_540.pngSapling-Speaker.png
cLyqlLC.png
@lukagiou
Yep, that's just so it doesn't disappear
@lukagiou
Yep, that's just so it doesn't disappear
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
Mixed feelings about Bran the Broken. At first I hated it but the more I think about it, the more I kinda like the idea that none of the people who fought for the throne, were "born" for it or destined for it actually got it, and that instead it went to someone who never sought it or had any right to it in the first place.

But it still kinda feels like Bran didn't do any of the work for the group project and still managed to walk away with an A. And I don't exactly understand Tyrion's reasoning behind electing him.

Mixed feelings about Dany as well. Drogon nudging her body and then flying away with her broke my heart more than a bit.

Also, suggestion for the next GOT series:
The Adventures of Arya: West of Westeros
Mixed feelings about Bran the Broken. At first I hated it but the more I think about it, the more I kinda like the idea that none of the people who fought for the throne, were "born" for it or destined for it actually got it, and that instead it went to someone who never sought it or had any right to it in the first place.

But it still kinda feels like Bran didn't do any of the work for the group project and still managed to walk away with an A. And I don't exactly understand Tyrion's reasoning behind electing him.

Mixed feelings about Dany as well. Drogon nudging her body and then flying away with her broke my heart more than a bit.

Also, suggestion for the next GOT series:
The Adventures of Arya: West of Westeros
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png
Joke:

West of Westeros, Reltseo, is The Ice Dragon world. AKA the world where a small ice child is riding a big ice dragon versus a ton of angry fire dragons.
Joke:

West of Westeros, Reltseo, is The Ice Dragon world. AKA the world where a small ice child is riding a big ice dragon versus a ton of angry fire dragons.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16