Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | GoT 8th Season
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
SCREAMS IN TO THE HEAVENS
SCREAMS IN TO THE HEAVENS
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png

LYANNA DIED! Theon died, Dondarrion died! So many dead! THE DOTHRAKI AND UNSULLIED!

ARYA IS BEST CHARACTER!

And the crypt scene with Sansa and Tyrion made me cry!

LYANNA DIED! Theon died, Dondarrion died! So many dead! THE DOTHRAKI AND UNSULLIED!

ARYA IS BEST CHARACTER!

And the crypt scene with Sansa and Tyrion made me cry!
@IronPen, I was looking for this thread!

For starters, I loved this episode's soundtrack. Here it is. It perfectly describes the dynamic of today's episode. Dread, loss, and the end.

I'm surprised there weren't a lot of major character deaths. I mean we did have a couple today, but they were really just notable characters that have been well fleshed out. But I'm glad they didn't kill off any of the Starks yet, I don't think I'm prepared for that yet. But there were so many times they came close to it.

Theon's death got to me. I didn't like him all that much because he was a traitor (although, I can't blame him. He went through crap too), but he found his redemption. Bran normally isn't Bran...but man...his departing words. He was forgiven. He's home. This is his home. This is where they all started.

I didn't think Arya was gonna be the one to kill the Night King, I thought it was going to be Jon's kill or Dany's. But it was all apart of her prophecy. And as much as I hate Melisandre, it was sad to see her go at the end there. She fulfilled her part.

I thought Dany was gonna kill Jon with the dragon there for a second. She definitely doesn't like the fact that he has more right to the throne than she does. But he isn't really the type to want the throne...unless it was necessary.

I love the character development in this show. Everybody grew for the better or for the worse.

I was so torn with today's episode. They had pretty much 0 chances, and they lucked out with Arya.

I wonder how much Bran can see. Did he know what was gonna happen in the end? With Theon? With Arya?

I didn't think I would feel that much for Theon, and I definitely hadn't when he initially died. But the more I listen to this song, I just think more about how he's grown. He went from a goofy boy, to a traitor, to finding his redemption. And it's just so sad to see how broken he was.

I'm sorry I'm all over the place. I just have so much on my mind.
@IronPen, I was looking for this thread!

For starters, I loved this episode's soundtrack. Here it is. It perfectly describes the dynamic of today's episode. Dread, loss, and the end.

I'm surprised there weren't a lot of major character deaths. I mean we did have a couple today, but they were really just notable characters that have been well fleshed out. But I'm glad they didn't kill off any of the Starks yet, I don't think I'm prepared for that yet. But there were so many times they came close to it.

Theon's death got to me. I didn't like him all that much because he was a traitor (although, I can't blame him. He went through crap too), but he found his redemption. Bran normally isn't Bran...but man...his departing words. He was forgiven. He's home. This is his home. This is where they all started.

I didn't think Arya was gonna be the one to kill the Night King, I thought it was going to be Jon's kill or Dany's. But it was all apart of her prophecy. And as much as I hate Melisandre, it was sad to see her go at the end there. She fulfilled her part.

I thought Dany was gonna kill Jon with the dragon there for a second. She definitely doesn't like the fact that he has more right to the throne than she does. But he isn't really the type to want the throne...unless it was necessary.

I love the character development in this show. Everybody grew for the better or for the worse.

I was so torn with today's episode. They had pretty much 0 chances, and they lucked out with Arya.

I wonder how much Bran can see. Did he know what was gonna happen in the end? With Theon? With Arya?

I didn't think I would feel that much for Theon, and I definitely hadn't when he initially died. But the more I listen to this song, I just think more about how he's grown. He went from a goofy boy, to a traitor, to finding his redemption. And it's just so sad to see how broken he was.

I'm sorry I'm all over the place. I just have so much on my mind.
o007-d01-Amorah.pngo007-d02-Amorah.pngo007-d03-Amorah.pngo007-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d01-Amorah.pngs064-d02-Amorah.pngs064-d03-Amorah.pngs064-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d05-Amorah.pngs064-d06-Amorah.pngs064-d07-Amorah.pngs064-d08-Amorah.pngs064-d09-Amorah.pngs064-d10-Amorah.pngs075-d01-Amorah.pngs075-d02-Amorah.pngs075-d03-Amorah.pngs075-d04-Amorah.pngs075-d05-Amorah.pngs075-d06-Amorah.pngo007-d05-Amorah.png
ADb9Vnz.png
OH AND THE UNSULLIED. GOSH, they're so fearless, just how they were trained to be. It breaks my heart that Greyworm had to make the decision to cut them off. Those were HIS men. He had them from his start as well. So that must've been the hardest decision he had to make. They fought and defended Winterfell and it's refugees until the very end.
OH AND THE UNSULLIED. GOSH, they're so fearless, just how they were trained to be. It breaks my heart that Greyworm had to make the decision to cut them off. Those were HIS men. He had them from his start as well. So that must've been the hardest decision he had to make. They fought and defended Winterfell and it's refugees until the very end.
o007-d01-Amorah.pngo007-d02-Amorah.pngo007-d03-Amorah.pngo007-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d01-Amorah.pngs064-d02-Amorah.pngs064-d03-Amorah.pngs064-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d05-Amorah.pngs064-d06-Amorah.pngs064-d07-Amorah.pngs064-d08-Amorah.pngs064-d09-Amorah.pngs064-d10-Amorah.pngs075-d01-Amorah.pngs075-d02-Amorah.pngs075-d03-Amorah.pngs075-d04-Amorah.pngs075-d05-Amorah.pngs075-d06-Amorah.pngo007-d05-Amorah.png
ADb9Vnz.png
THAT WAS SO EXHAUSTING

AHHHH WHY MORMONTS
WHY

THEY WERE MY FAVE HOUSE

AND NOW ITS GONE

/ sobs
THAT WAS SO EXHAUSTING

AHHHH WHY MORMONTS
WHY

THEY WERE MY FAVE HOUSE

AND NOW ITS GONE

/ sobs
For "I Know That Reference", all dragons (minus Level 25s & Fodders) are fandergs within my lair :)
@Amorah

Honestly I figured Arya was gonna land a big blow when she had that spear made, figured it'd become a named weapon so her taking down the king wasn't dismissed, it was more of how she was gonna get that close.

For a hot second I thought she'd switched with Bran somehow and was gonna surprise the Night King that way, biggest bait and switch of the era.
@Amorah

Honestly I figured Arya was gonna land a big blow when she had that spear made, figured it'd become a named weapon so her taking down the king wasn't dismissed, it was more of how she was gonna get that close.

For a hot second I thought she'd switched with Bran somehow and was gonna surprise the Night King that way, biggest bait and switch of the era.
ARYA FLYING IN WITH THE KILLING BLOW AHSJJGDJSGKJKJGSD
THAT WAS SO RIDICULOUS BUT IT WAS SO COOL I CAN'T EVEN BE MAD
ARYA FLYING IN WITH THE KILLING BLOW AHSJJGDJSGKJKJGSD
THAT WAS SO RIDICULOUS BUT IT WAS SO COOL I CAN'T EVEN BE MAD
He/Him or They/Them

I like D&D Worldbuilding
Just like Arya to get the important stuff done. If she somehow manages to also kill Cersei, it might leave the other characters wondering why they even bothered haha.

It feels weird seeing the Night King die in this episode, that basically leaves Cersei as the final boss, and with all the build up about what a great threat the Night King was, Cersei feels a bit like a downgrade.

Also... who even was the Night King, why was he doing what he was doing? They left so many questions unanswered.
Just like Arya to get the important stuff done. If she somehow manages to also kill Cersei, it might leave the other characters wondering why they even bothered haha.

It feels weird seeing the Night King die in this episode, that basically leaves Cersei as the final boss, and with all the build up about what a great threat the Night King was, Cersei feels a bit like a downgrade.

Also... who even was the Night King, why was he doing what he was doing? They left so many questions unanswered.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

@EclipseDragon
We don't know exactly who he was but we do know the Children of the Forest used dark magic to turn him into the NK to fight the First Men when they invaded but then the CF and 1st Men got along and realized that cursing the dude against his will left him with a grudge at 100% so he decided to necro people and start a war to wipe out the rest of teh world. He had to kill Bran because Bran was the living representative of Memory which would keep humans fighting.
@EclipseDragon
We don't know exactly who he was but we do know the Children of the Forest used dark magic to turn him into the NK to fight the First Men when they invaded but then the CF and 1st Men got along and realized that cursing the dude against his will left him with a grudge at 100% so he decided to necro people and start a war to wipe out the rest of teh world. He had to kill Bran because Bran was the living representative of Memory which would keep humans fighting.
the show has been pretty bad since season 5 but how bad it's gotten makes me feel sick. arya and daenerys are so insufferable. the way the night king dies was such garbage. d&d are hacks. hopefully grrm ends the books better. dont even breathe in my direction if you think this trash was good lol
the show has been pretty bad since season 5 but how bad it's gotten makes me feel sick. arya and daenerys are so insufferable. the way the night king dies was such garbage. d&d are hacks. hopefully grrm ends the books better. dont even breathe in my direction if you think this trash was good lol
ytkEBod.pngll0CfnD.png510b8a63d40dc52d20b17daf90107ad8a80d4b80.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16