Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | rp petpeeves
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
powerplaying and godmodding. just... powerplaying and godmodding.

i'm in a roleplay where this is a HUGE problem with two people. everyone else seems to be good, but one of them just keeps ignoring the canon and powerplaying, while the other just totally takes control of characters they don't control for jokes that most of the time, aren't even funny. oh, and that unfunny joke guy does a lot of canon-ignoring powerplaying, very notably the dragon of the eleven. seriously the song of corruption destroyed the deity souls how are you using them to transform they're gone

it sucks mostly because if not for them, the roleplay would be enjoyable- a notable number of the characters are well-made and actually likable take notes, merodi- honestly you could have been so good if not for your incompetence, and the story actually really toys with your emotions. and still, we can't just get rid of them, because the unfunny joke guy runs the roleplay, and the powerplayer actually offers really good constructive criticism. we're just spiraling downward as my dreams get darker... god help

anyways thank you for reading this entire post
powerplaying and godmodding. just... powerplaying and godmodding.

i'm in a roleplay where this is a HUGE problem with two people. everyone else seems to be good, but one of them just keeps ignoring the canon and powerplaying, while the other just totally takes control of characters they don't control for jokes that most of the time, aren't even funny. oh, and that unfunny joke guy does a lot of canon-ignoring powerplaying, very notably the dragon of the eleven. seriously the song of corruption destroyed the deity souls how are you using them to transform they're gone

it sucks mostly because if not for them, the roleplay would be enjoyable- a notable number of the characters are well-made and actually likable take notes, merodi- honestly you could have been so good if not for your incompetence, and the story actually really toys with your emotions. and still, we can't just get rid of them, because the unfunny joke guy runs the roleplay, and the powerplayer actually offers really good constructive criticism. we're just spiraling downward as my dreams get darker... god help

anyways thank you for reading this entire post
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
People who do not give any worthwhile input to the RP.
What I mean by that is when a player just doesn't have any input that helps to keep the RP alive & the plot moving.

This person could manage to hit quantity levels of their posts easily. Just not with anything other than their character's thoughts, feelings and background irrelevance. It drives me insane.

I don't really want to hear 56,921 words on a character's background and their thoughts/feelings. That's what an OOC bio is for, IMO. Don't get me wrong, snippets here and there can help to build a sense of intrigue but if you're centring your entire post around that and leaving the other person with literally nothing to go with but a dialogue response, I think it's really poor roleplaying.

People who do not give any worthwhile input to the RP.
What I mean by that is when a player just doesn't have any input that helps to keep the RP alive & the plot moving.

This person could manage to hit quantity levels of their posts easily. Just not with anything other than their character's thoughts, feelings and background irrelevance. It drives me insane.

I don't really want to hear 56,921 words on a character's background and their thoughts/feelings. That's what an OOC bio is for, IMO. Don't get me wrong, snippets here and there can help to build a sense of intrigue but if you're centring your entire post around that and leaving the other person with literally nothing to go with but a dialogue response, I think it's really poor roleplaying.

tDAcVLz.png
Back when I used to RP publicly (ahhh, old LiveJournal application only games...) my peeve was "I'll reply after I've just done this thing!"

And then 4 days later there's nothing.

Like, friend, if you want to drop a thread just tell me, gosh.
Back when I used to RP publicly (ahhh, old LiveJournal application only games...) my peeve was "I'll reply after I've just done this thing!"

And then 4 days later there's nothing.

Like, friend, if you want to drop a thread just tell me, gosh.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
I no longer RP, but a lot of my pet peeves have already been said. Most noteworthy being the one where I was RPing with someone a long time ago, and they would be online, but then disappear after like five minutes after I would post my last response for them.. I’m a patient person, I understand real life happening, but it eventually got ridiculous and I got to where I very politely asked if they weren’t interested anymore to get them to pipe up and tell me... I understand losing interest in a RP or RP altogether, but if/when it happens... just let me know so I’m not left hanging.
I no longer RP, but a lot of my pet peeves have already been said. Most noteworthy being the one where I was RPing with someone a long time ago, and they would be online, but then disappear after like five minutes after I would post my last response for them.. I’m a patient person, I understand real life happening, but it eventually got ridiculous and I got to where I very politely asked if they weren’t interested anymore to get them to pipe up and tell me... I understand losing interest in a RP or RP altogether, but if/when it happens... just let me know so I’m not left hanging.
This user has Autism and epilepsy, please be nice to her.
[quote name="avvibu" date="2018-10-21 15:07:56" ] [quote name="Disturbed" date="2018-10-21 10:54:38" ] When you want more rp in your life and no one's up for it [/quote] big mood/same @/WhiteoutMoon Speaking of RP, I'm totally up to any RP if anyone wants to with me ;) (<-- The face of a desperate whatever-i-am) [/quote] ngl this is a low-key mood ahhhhhh :"DD
avvibu wrote on 2018-10-21 15:07:56:
Disturbed wrote on 2018-10-21 10:54:38:
When you want more rp in your life and no one's up for it

big mood/same @/WhiteoutMoon

Speaking of RP, I'm totally up to any RP if anyone wants to with me ;) (<-- The face of a desperate whatever-i-am)
ngl this is a low-key mood ahhhhhh :"DD
tumblr_ozp7liPSd31w8xkufo9_250.png
*cracks knuckles* Alright. I've been doing this for YEARS now and I have a few.

-Completely ignoring your rp partner outside of the rp
--This one might just be me since I like to be friends with someone before I rp with them, but I like being worth more than just someone to rp with.

-Not discussing intense scenes beforehand to avoid possible triggers.
--I get sometimes you want it to be a surprise or a big hard hitting moment, but there will be nothing that has a potential trigger in it done in my rp space without discussion before it happens. I don't have many triggers myself but I still like discussing intense scenes before hand.

-Contributing nothing because you've run out of steam for a certain scene.
--Just say something, please. We can change scenes or discuss what we wanna do next.

-Writing drabblings including your partner's OCs without permission.
--So I have some horror stories around this and it's probably a personal thing since I don't mind my current rp partner writing 'off screen' drabblings that include my OCs or mentions them but I had a past partner who wrote some pretty rancid things without asking me first if I was okay with them using my OCs like that.
*cracks knuckles* Alright. I've been doing this for YEARS now and I have a few.

--This one might just be me since I like to be friends with someone before I rp with them, but I like being worth more than just someone to rp with.

--I get sometimes you want it to be a surprise or a big hard hitting moment, but there will be nothing that has a potential trigger in it done in my rp space without discussion before it happens. I don't have many triggers myself but I still like discussing intense scenes before hand.

--Just say something, please. We can change scenes or discuss what we wanna do next.

--So I have some horror stories around this and it's probably a personal thing since I don't mind my current rp partner writing 'off screen' drabblings that include my OCs or mentions them but I had a past partner who wrote some pretty rancid things without asking me first if I was okay with them using my OCs like that.
+3 Hours
He/Him/They/Them/It/Its
Always tired, so I apologize if I take forever to respond
When I used to role-play a lot, it'd be when you're wanting a RP where everyone responds with at least two-three sentences and you get someone coming in and they're like *bites u* *bites u makes u cry the hardest ever and u DIE* or that sorta thing which is funny in retrospect but was very annoying back then lol.

On the opposite end of the spectrum you have where you just want to casual role-play and you have people wolf-speaking where you don't even know what's going on with their character because of the words they're choosing to use.

And finally, someone trying to force you to make your character interested in theirs romantically when you don't want them to be.
When I used to role-play a lot, it'd be when you're wanting a RP where everyone responds with at least two-three sentences and you get someone coming in and they're like *bites u* *bites u makes u cry the hardest ever and u DIE* or that sorta thing which is funny in retrospect but was very annoying back then lol.

On the opposite end of the spectrum you have where you just want to casual role-play and you have people wolf-speaking where you don't even know what's going on with their character because of the words they're choosing to use.

And finally, someone trying to force you to make your character interested in theirs romantically when you don't want them to be.
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

I rolled up ready to type out some stuff but everything I wanted to say has been said and better, so I'm just going to quote people. [quote name="Bluwingskitty" date="2022-02-15 17:44:13" ] [cut] -Completely ignoring your rp partner outside of the rp --This one might just be me since I like to be friends with someone before I rp with them, but I like being worth more than just someone to rp with. -Not discussing intense scenes beforehand to avoid possible triggers. --I get sometimes you want it to be a surprise or a big hard hitting moment, but there will be nothing that has a potential trigger in it done in my rp space without discussion before it happens. I don't have many triggers myself but I still like discussing intense scenes before hand. -Contributing nothing because you've run out of steam for a certain scene. --Just say something, please. We can change scenes or discuss what we wanna do next. -Writing drabblings including your partner's OCs without permission. [cut] [/quote] [quote name="avvibu" date="2018-10-21 15:07:56" ] [quote name="Disturbed" date="2018-10-21 10:54:38" ] When you want more rp in your life and no one's up for it [/quote] big mood/same @/WhiteoutMoon Speaking of RP, I'm totally up to any RP if anyone wants to with me ;) (<-- The face of a desperate whatever-i-am) [/quote] Finally: Not talking about plot beforehand. I've had a few roleplays where this has happened, and only one ended up being any fun to continue. I don't mean every tiny detail, I mean a rough outline or some kind of open discussion so everyone knows where to go while still being fun.
I rolled up ready to type out some stuff but everything I wanted to say has been said and better, so I'm just going to quote people.
Bluwingskitty wrote on 2022-02-15 17:44:13:
[cut]

[cut]
avvibu wrote on 2018-10-21 15:07:56:
Disturbed wrote on 2018-10-21 10:54:38:
When you want more rp in your life and no one's up for it

big mood/same @/WhiteoutMoon

Speaking of RP, I'm totally up to any RP if anyone wants to with me ;) (<-- The face of a desperate whatever-i-am)
Finally: Not talking about plot beforehand. I've had a few roleplays where this has happened, and only one ended up being any fun to continue. I don't mean every tiny detail, I mean a rough outline or some kind of open discussion so everyone knows where to go while still being fun.
I've RPed with a few people who take the characters' actions way too personally. One in particular started a bunch of drama just because my character had no romantic interest in theirs, despite the fact that they had only just met a few days ago and barely knew each other. Upon discovering that my character was good friends (not anything romantic) with another person's character, they proceeded to harass the creator of said character, claiming that they had stolen my character's love from them. Fortunately the crazy person left after that, but man. Some people are weird.

Also godmodders, for reasons already mentioned in this thread.
I've RPed with a few people who take the characters' actions way too personally. One in particular started a bunch of drama just because my character had no romantic interest in theirs, despite the fact that they had only just met a few days ago and barely knew each other. Upon discovering that my character was good friends (not anything romantic) with another person's character, they proceeded to harass the creator of said character, claiming that they had stolen my character's love from them. Fortunately the crazy person left after that, but man. Some people are weird.

Also godmodders, for reasons already mentioned in this thread.
Had to deal with a person where they made their OC the main character. I’m talking absolutely beautiful blonde popular girl but she actually hates being popular and everyone has to love her. Also, can’t forget the ab*sive family that somehow hasn’t got CPS called on them yet even though they HELD A KNIFE TO HER THROAT IN A HOSPITAL. (I’m not joking, that actually happened.)

There was also the time an Earthquake happened and mine and her character was stuck inside the building and she tried so hard to make it seem like she was the only one in the building.

Had to drop out after 10-15 pages. I was literally so done. Still infuriates me 2 years later.
Had to deal with a person where they made their OC the main character. I’m talking absolutely beautiful blonde popular girl but she actually hates being popular and everyone has to love her. Also, can’t forget the ab*sive family that somehow hasn’t got CPS called on them yet even though they HELD A KNIFE TO HER THROAT IN A HOSPITAL. (I’m not joking, that actually happened.)

There was also the time an Earthquake happened and mine and her character was stuck inside the building and she tried so hard to make it seem like she was the only one in the building.

Had to drop out after 10-15 pages. I was literally so done. Still infuriates me 2 years later.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10