Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | rp petpeeves
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Character has an absurd amount of powers that don't even link up with each other, or is the definition of a Mary/Gary sue.
Character has an absurd amount of powers that don't even link up with each other, or is the definition of a Mary/Gary sue.
She/They || Panromantic
Hv3uNKt.png
All my doom and gloom to RP responses that are just reitterating the last post and don’t actually move the story along in any way. You can write as many paragreaphs as you want, but if you’re out there just rehashing what someone just said and nothing else, you’re getting put in the penalty box.
All my doom and gloom to RP responses that are just reitterating the last post and don’t actually move the story along in any way. You can write as many paragreaphs as you want, but if you’re out there just rehashing what someone just said and nothing else, you’re getting put in the penalty box.
Jd88XNq.png
ePOliyb.png
woVoZAh.png
mjtJ868.png
mlHpBMC.png
Cfe83W9.png Vrxmnqk.gif If you see an unleveled dragon in my hibden, feel free to make an offer! If you need help with hibden farming or looking for resources, shoot me a PM! I'm always happy to help!
I hate, and I'm criticizing myself because I only rp for fun now, when I can't think of a response because I am not that empathetic- I have to make all my characters my personality to be able to have them respond to situations I haven't planned out for them for days. I also somehow manage to shove lore into everything, even things that don't need or shouldn't even have it- and I hate that. I think it makes people not want to rp with me which is fine. (I dont rp here much, I like the way discord works better for rp)
I hate, and I'm criticizing myself because I only rp for fun now, when I can't think of a response because I am not that empathetic- I have to make all my characters my personality to be able to have them respond to situations I haven't planned out for them for days. I also somehow manage to shove lore into everything, even things that don't need or shouldn't even have it- and I hate that. I think it makes people not want to rp with me which is fine. (I dont rp here much, I like the way discord works better for rp)
Hi! I'm Jack (fr +3)
Oh gosh, here we go: 1. The roleplay partner formatting their response differently than you. Example: [quote=Me]"Oh, so that's what's wrong with you?" she snapped, eyes narrowed.[/quote] [quote=partner]*So-So sighed and shook their head* No, that's not it.[/quote] 2. When someone doesn't like you responding with short sentences. Thankfully I haven't experienced this firsthand. 3. To be honest, when the roleplay in general is too short. Like, only 40 posts or so. Then again, this is coming from someone who is able to end up roleplaying for a day and get 500 to 1000 posts per roleplay. 4. When the character is ANNOYING but in a bad way. Once again, didn't experience this firsthand, but watching other roleplays just grrrrrrrr 5. "Hey guess what this character is actually an overpowered god AHAHAHAHA"
Oh gosh, here we go:

1. The roleplay partner formatting their response differently than you.
Example:
Me wrote:
"Oh, so that's what's wrong with you?" she snapped, eyes narrowed.
partner wrote:
*So-So sighed and shook their head* No, that's not it.

2. When someone doesn't like you responding with short sentences. Thankfully I haven't experienced this firsthand.

3. To be honest, when the roleplay in general is too short. Like, only 40 posts or so. Then again, this is coming from someone who is able to end up roleplaying for a day and get 500 to 1000 posts per roleplay.

4. When the character is ANNOYING but in a bad way. Once again, didn't experience this firsthand, but watching other roleplays just grrrrrrrr

5. "Hey guess what this character is actually an overpowered god AHAHAHAHA"
BoppingBuilder.gif d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gifKieran, FR +2
d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gif They/Them
d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gif G1 and shiny pokemon hoarder
I haven't roleplayed in a while, but what's really annoying is when you get an idea of what the roleplay will be but other folks are completely derailing it
I haven't roleplayed in a while, but what's really annoying is when you get an idea of what the roleplay will be but other folks are completely derailing it
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
i dont expect long, full fleshed out detailed replies but i also hate responses like this [img]https://i.imgur.com/nb1YZdU.jpg[/img]
i dont expect long, full fleshed out detailed replies

but i also hate responses like this

nb1YZdU.jpg
czvyLcs.png I can't believe it.. I'm on a forum signature!!!!
1. Trying to participate in a group roleplay with your friends and getting completely ignored, no matter how much you try to participate, to the point where all you can basically do is either reduce yourself to being the stupid comic relief or just get fed up and drop out entirely.

2. Your friends whining that they want to do roleplays and are tired of being "excluded" because you only over roleplay with the literal only friend who bothers with you anymore, only for you to make ways for everyone to roleplay and then watch as they completely ignore every attempt you make.... only to have the complain about being "excluded" again 3 weeks to 2 months later.

*ahem* My personal grief with my friend group aside...

I don't like when people expect you to make super long, detailed replies every post. I try not to do too much in the way of one-liners and attempt to be descriptive, and usually try to get at least two relatively descriptive sentences per reply, but sometimes there's just not a whole lot to say, especially in a dialogue heavy situation.

By the same token, as stated above, writing a 3-10 sentence post and only getting something like "She nodded" in comparison is irritating.

Overly powerful characters are also one, i.e. being in a fight scene and the other character never takes a hit or is never affected by anything. Thankfully I haven't dealt with this kind of thing in years. I try not to do the same myself, even though a lot of the characters I roleplay as are powerful canon characters (it gets especially difficult when roleplaying as Kirby, this child has survived literal apocalypses >.>) but nonetheless, I definitely try to keep my OCs balanced. Not too weak, but not indestructible either.
1. Trying to participate in a group roleplay with your friends and getting completely ignored, no matter how much you try to participate, to the point where all you can basically do is either reduce yourself to being the stupid comic relief or just get fed up and drop out entirely.

2. Your friends whining that they want to do roleplays and are tired of being "excluded" because you only over roleplay with the literal only friend who bothers with you anymore, only for you to make ways for everyone to roleplay and then watch as they completely ignore every attempt you make.... only to have the complain about being "excluded" again 3 weeks to 2 months later.

*ahem* My personal grief with my friend group aside...

I don't like when people expect you to make super long, detailed replies every post. I try not to do too much in the way of one-liners and attempt to be descriptive, and usually try to get at least two relatively descriptive sentences per reply, but sometimes there's just not a whole lot to say, especially in a dialogue heavy situation.

By the same token, as stated above, writing a 3-10 sentence post and only getting something like "She nodded" in comparison is irritating.

Overly powerful characters are also one, i.e. being in a fight scene and the other character never takes a hit or is never affected by anything. Thankfully I haven't dealt with this kind of thing in years. I try not to do the same myself, even though a lot of the characters I roleplay as are powerful canon characters (it gets especially difficult when roleplaying as Kirby, this child has survived literal apocalypses >.>) but nonetheless, I definitely try to keep my OCs balanced. Not too weak, but not indestructible either.
IMG-3747.png
x
fBOw4m5.png S E C T O N I A fBOw4m5.png
o or secti // she/they - FR +3 - ping friendly
shortened-top.png
“In one of the stars I shall be living.
In one of them I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars
were laughing, when you look
at the sky at night.”

shortened-bottom.png
[quote name="Bronzewing" date="2018-10-20 20:23:27" ] When nobody notices your character...just, why? He's right there, talk to him? He's being noticeable, do something? He's dancing on a table, and you just...continue talking? ?? [/quote] This. Like, excuse me?? My character is standing right in front of their eyes, and then they respond with something like ‘[name] looks at the sky, not noticing them’
Bronzewing wrote on 2018-10-20 20:23:27:
When nobody notices your character...just, why? He's right there, talk to him? He's being noticeable, do something? He's dancing on a table, and you just...continue talking? ??
This. Like, excuse me?? My character is standing right in front of their eyes, and then they respond with something like ‘[name] looks at the sky, not noticing them’
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png