Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | rp petpeeves
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
My biggest pet peeve is probably also the most common newbie mistake, and that'd characters that lack autonomy. I've been guilty of this for years tbh, but it's still hard to play against characters like that. They don't really have a goal of their own they're working towards, so they're just kinda doing random things, often relying on a single trait rather than an actual desire.
My biggest pet peeve is probably also the most common newbie mistake, and that'd characters that lack autonomy. I've been guilty of this for years tbh, but it's still hard to play against characters like that. They don't really have a goal of their own they're working towards, so they're just kinda doing random things, often relying on a single trait rather than an actual desire.
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/375057[/img]
A lot of mine have already been said XD

I think another one that irritates me is when someone tries entering a RP with established rules about character and world, and decides to either ignore them or break them and comes in with a character that shouldn't really exist in that setting, and then they get insulted and storm off and leave when we try to tell them that their character doesn't work for this, but they're welcome to change it in order to participate
A lot of mine have already been said XD

I think another one that irritates me is when someone tries entering a RP with established rules about character and world, and decides to either ignore them or break them and comes in with a character that shouldn't really exist in that setting, and then they get insulted and storm off and leave when we try to tell them that their character doesn't work for this, but they're welcome to change it in order to participate
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
When someone ignores you.
I've been trying to get into a roleplay for YEARS after a FE RP group on Miiverse dispersed into different groups, but either nobody wants to roleplay with me or I'm just there.
It just really makes me feel "eugh"
When someone ignores you.
I've been trying to get into a roleplay for YEARS after a FE RP group on Miiverse dispersed into different groups, but either nobody wants to roleplay with me or I'm just there.
It just really makes me feel "eugh"
P1CwUov.gif
measuring literacy in post length rather than someone's ability to actually, you know, write good
measuring literacy in post length rather than someone's ability to actually, you know, write good
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
[quote name="inklizard" date="2018-10-21 08:12:32" ] measuring literacy in post length rather than someone's ability to actually, you know, write good [/quote] I love to write. If I write some three or four paragraph post where my character basically bares his soul to the other character in an attempt to add depth to the RP...I expect a little bit more than two or three sentences that basically amount to "the other character shrugged and got a drink". It does nothing for me. How am I supposed to respond to something with that little detail? It forces me to cut down my posts because I have nothing to work off of and it essentially turns me into the main plot driving writer. Eventually, I get bored and drop the RP. However, I'm going to be honest. I've very, very rarely met someone who did super short posts and actually wrote well. Usually, they have Mary Sues/Gary Stus that are walking stereotypes and more grammatical/spelling errors than you can shake a stick at. On the other side of things, someone who writes twenty pages for a single post just veers into the realm of absurdity.
inklizard wrote on 2018-10-21 08:12:32:

I love to write. If I write some three or four paragraph post where my character basically bares his soul to the other character in an attempt to add depth to the RP...I expect a little bit more than two or three sentences that basically amount to "the other character shrugged and got a drink".

It does nothing for me. How am I supposed to respond to something with that little detail? It forces me to cut down my posts because I have nothing to work off of and it essentially turns me into the main plot driving writer.

Eventually, I get bored and drop the RP. However, I'm going to be honest. I've very, very rarely met someone who did super short posts and actually wrote well. Usually, they have Mary Sues/Gary Stus that are walking stereotypes and more grammatical/spelling errors than you can shake a stick at.

On the other side of things, someone who writes twenty pages for a single post just veers into the realm of absurdity.
Tell me your desire
while you pull me from the fire
and we'll seal the deal with a kiss
Whiteout we miss you!!!
Whiteout we miss you!!!
-I am a lesbian, hello
[quote name="Fyora" date="2018-10-20 18:53:38" ] Godmodding. [/quote] People who godmod beyond belief but have nothing done against them [s]cough I had a really [s]bad[/s] good experience like that cough[/s] you telling yourself you aren't going to be dramatic but then one of your characters dies and everything bad happens to a single character [s]cough me when I rped in ps cough[/s[
Fyora wrote on 2018-10-20 18:53:38:
Godmodding.
People who godmod beyond belief but have nothing done against them cough I had a really bad good experience like that cough

you telling yourself you aren't going to be dramatic but then one of your characters dies and everything bad happens to a single character cough me when I rped in ps cough[/s[
zorua.gif He/they/it/xe ani_bw-S_487-origin.gif
When people take too long to reply but they're clearly online. Another one is when you're never included in anything, despite being active constantly.

The most ANNOYING thing to me is when people reply to you with a short, not-helpful sentence. I roleplay my characters as if I'm writing a book (e.g. explain what's happened with them and the things interacting with them, to an extent), so naturally, I write multiple paragraphs. I try to do everything I can to give off a descriptive enough reply for them to imagine it like I am/was.

Then they just..????? Reply with, "Okay," he replied, running a hand through his hair. "I'm going to bed. Bye." He walked off.

Like, I can't work with that?? Please be more descriptive or write more so I don't end up with a short, non-realistic reply of my own???
When people take too long to reply but they're clearly online. Another one is when you're never included in anything, despite being active constantly.

The most ANNOYING thing to me is when people reply to you with a short, not-helpful sentence. I roleplay my characters as if I'm writing a book (e.g. explain what's happened with them and the things interacting with them, to an extent), so naturally, I write multiple paragraphs. I try to do everything I can to give off a descriptive enough reply for them to imagine it like I am/was.

Then they just..????? Reply with, "Okay," he replied, running a hand through his hair. "I'm going to bed. Bye." He walked off.

Like, I can't work with that?? Please be more descriptive or write more so I don't end up with a short, non-realistic reply of my own???

28250.png

he/him - fr +12
ravenclaw - aries - INTP
a very dedicated hatchery
wishlist
friendly reminder
[quote name="avvibu" date="2018-10-21 10:26:37" ] When people spend too long to reply but they're clearly online. Another one is when you're never included in anything, despite being active constantly. [/quote] mega mood
avvibu wrote on 2018-10-21 10:26:37:
When people spend too long to reply but they're clearly online. Another one is when you're never included in anything, despite being active constantly.
mega mood
When you want more rp in your life and no one's up for it
When you want more rp in your life and no one's up for it
QqwiU1r.png
the
price
you pay
QqwiU1r.png QqwiU1r.png jJO64nG.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10