Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What's the Strangest RP you've been in?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 11
It was on an randomly assigned chat site a long time ago where the person I talked to liked Pokemon like I do. They portrayed a Shuckle which was apparently undefeatable- it survived attacks from other Pokemon, the military and even Arceus himself. There was drama between my hastily-made-up portrayal of myself and said Shuckle, I think we befriended each other?? I think when we said goodbye to each other we made it long and drawn-out. It was a weird experience, but I'll always think of that person when I see Shuckle.
It was on an randomly assigned chat site a long time ago where the person I talked to liked Pokemon like I do. They portrayed a Shuckle which was apparently undefeatable- it survived attacks from other Pokemon, the military and even Arceus himself. There was drama between my hastily-made-up portrayal of myself and said Shuckle, I think we befriended each other?? I think when we said goodbye to each other we made it long and drawn-out. It was a weird experience, but I'll always think of that person when I see Shuckle.
dT9HQge.png
tqGkHih.png
k7mTvIf.png
8GgdVkW.png
tVqnDgA.png
D4LsHyx.png
@Yugi if you can try, that's great! If not, that's fine too.
(I'd love to be signed up for the newsletter id you make it lol)

I'm kinda interested in re-making The Story Game, admittedly. Some of the elements will remain the same: multi-fandom (and OC), having to find the crystal to open the interdimensional portal, but of course there'll be some changes, too. I have to go to school soon, but I'll try to think of more. First thing is to get some people interested ...

@Yugi if you can try, that's great! If not, that's fine too.
(I'd love to be signed up for the newsletter id you make it lol)

I'm kinda interested in re-making The Story Game, admittedly. Some of the elements will remain the same: multi-fandom (and OC), having to find the crystal to open the interdimensional portal, but of course there'll be some changes, too. I have to go to school soon, but I'll try to think of more. First thing is to get some people interested ...

T3TuubO.png
@ForagedMemories Agh! I'm sorry my dude, but I doubt I can help. I've been taking a brain vacation from my book, so I'm not strangling my motivation and making myself hate everything. I just.. I cant even with writing right now. But, maybe in a little while, I can check it out~

@Mokuba Believe it or not, I read through all of that. EVERY. SINGLE. WORD. Was that a roleplay? O - O And, if so, was it like, the introduction to the story?? O _ O

@Bluebirdi3 Dayum, that was short-lived. XD

@ThePhantomWolf that hecker is adorable, my dude.

@Chronosplit ..So you guys were like a band of overpowered crazies? Am I understanding this situation correctly? XD

@PrehistoryMaker OH GOD. OH GODDDD.. You just gave me flashbacks to the countless amount of minecraft warrior cats rps I hosted and joined when I was 9. God, they were S O B A D. Instead of actual cat names, I used first names as the pronoun, and I would always be leader or deputy because I was a self-important baby... ew.

@Izunia Man. I adored writing up stories with crazy plots and extreme scale to it. I would spend multiple hours fleshing out culture and worldbuilding, even if I still wasn't that great XD

As for MLP.. Look man, I actually do like the show now (Even at my age esjeofesof), but I never got into it back then. I'm really glad, because it would've resulted in a bunch of horrible OP OCs and weird fanfic. Yeesh~

@herarivers uM. THAT IS EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE. I'm not jewish, but that's basically telling someone, "Hey, I wanna roleplay about a crazy cult that captured millions of people like you, tortured them, starved them and put them in gas chambers. No h8 though."

@NijiMarii I can't say I can relate because ive never been into pokemon COUGH but I totally get what you mean! The first time I met my best friend was in a roleplay where he was an overpowered high-level angel, so sometimes when I see art of angels/angelic creatures on the internet, they remind me of back then~

WOOF. THAT WAS A LOT TO WRITE, HEH.

I guess I'll tell you alllll another story, heheh.

I once hosted a roleplay where magic was real but almost all magic had died out because a cult with secret motives was growing and killing magic users in the night. There were subspecies of magic users and they all had their own lives, but were dragged together when learning about said cult. I had a really chill girl who lived in the country-side part of town (The town was like, super futuristic in the heart, and on the outskirts were farms and prairies), and lived a happy, simple life. When she learned that she not only had magic, but a refined one at that, she wasn't sure what to do. And then, shortly after, the cult killed her father in the dead of night. When he never returned, this blunt, animal-shifting guy that another roleplayer played found the body and came to the farm, asking if they were missing anyone. When she said yes, he bluntly described the corpse and made her and her mom cry.

That was a really fun roleplay. It died young though, for multiple reasons XD

...Maybe someday ill try that one again.
@ForagedMemories Agh! I'm sorry my dude, but I doubt I can help. I've been taking a brain vacation from my book, so I'm not strangling my motivation and making myself hate everything. I just.. I cant even with writing right now. But, maybe in a little while, I can check it out~

@Mokuba Believe it or not, I read through all of that. EVERY. SINGLE. WORD. Was that a roleplay? O - O And, if so, was it like, the introduction to the story?? O _ O

@Bluebirdi3 Dayum, that was short-lived. XD

@ThePhantomWolf that hecker is adorable, my dude.

@Chronosplit ..So you guys were like a band of overpowered crazies? Am I understanding this situation correctly? XD

@PrehistoryMaker OH GOD. OH GODDDD.. You just gave me flashbacks to the countless amount of minecraft warrior cats rps I hosted and joined when I was 9. God, they were S O B A D. Instead of actual cat names, I used first names as the pronoun, and I would always be leader or deputy because I was a self-important baby... ew.

@Izunia Man. I adored writing up stories with crazy plots and extreme scale to it. I would spend multiple hours fleshing out culture and worldbuilding, even if I still wasn't that great XD

As for MLP.. Look man, I actually do like the show now (Even at my age esjeofesof), but I never got into it back then. I'm really glad, because it would've resulted in a bunch of horrible OP OCs and weird fanfic. Yeesh~

@herarivers uM. THAT IS EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE. I'm not jewish, but that's basically telling someone, "Hey, I wanna roleplay about a crazy cult that captured millions of people like you, tortured them, starved them and put them in gas chambers. No h8 though."

@NijiMarii I can't say I can relate because ive never been into pokemon COUGH but I totally get what you mean! The first time I met my best friend was in a roleplay where he was an overpowered high-level angel, so sometimes when I see art of angels/angelic creatures on the internet, they remind me of back then~

WOOF. THAT WAS A LOT TO WRITE, HEH.

I guess I'll tell you alllll another story, heheh.

I once hosted a roleplay where magic was real but almost all magic had died out because a cult with secret motives was growing and killing magic users in the night. There were subspecies of magic users and they all had their own lives, but were dragged together when learning about said cult. I had a really chill girl who lived in the country-side part of town (The town was like, super futuristic in the heart, and on the outskirts were farms and prairies), and lived a happy, simple life. When she learned that she not only had magic, but a refined one at that, she wasn't sure what to do. And then, shortly after, the cult killed her father in the dead of night. When he never returned, this blunt, animal-shifting guy that another roleplayer played found the body and came to the farm, asking if they were missing anyone. When she said yes, he bluntly described the corpse and made her and her mom cry.

That was a really fun roleplay. It died young though, for multiple reasons XD

...Maybe someday ill try that one again.
6e897396bef4ba340783395c69e8b357ba508d8d.png9bac13609835861cc38a8a4918812840797b72cf.png154d8e0196c967e5ea71cc8901b6792b11d3dd3a.png
uhh... pretty much microscopic bfdi back to the future

it's called chaos in yoyleland and basically there are four half-cursed characters (actually three of them are fully cursed, with the acid curse, shadow curse, and gelid curse respectively). the one with the gelid curse seems to have constant nightmares about what i can pretty much consider the shade. it then becomes real, and nearly destroys the world. ultimately, this "shade" is stopped, but begs for a soul to stop the rampage.
firey's just like "no" and he saves the world and causes bfb.

an alternate universe of this, though, where firey is trapped, pin sacrifices herself. nobody remembers her in this world, aside from the cursed four, known as the runic four. why doesn't anyone remember? everyone had their hecking memory wiped.

it's still going and it's hecking fun
uhh... pretty much microscopic bfdi back to the future

it's called chaos in yoyleland and basically there are four half-cursed characters (actually three of them are fully cursed, with the acid curse, shadow curse, and gelid curse respectively). the one with the gelid curse seems to have constant nightmares about what i can pretty much consider the shade. it then becomes real, and nearly destroys the world. ultimately, this "shade" is stopped, but begs for a soul to stop the rampage.
firey's just like "no" and he saves the world and causes bfb.

an alternate universe of this, though, where firey is trapped, pin sacrifices herself. nobody remembers her in this world, aside from the cursed four, known as the runic four. why doesn't anyone remember? everyone had their hecking memory wiped.

it's still going and it's hecking fun
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
Damn Catkidemma that's ... Kind crazy
Most of my rp boys is Homestuck inclined, so every single one is a huge story. One time we used the magic powers of everyone there to literally make Marvin the anxious android into a living breathing functioning person just because we needed another player to win the game
Damn Catkidemma that's ... Kind crazy
Most of my rp boys is Homestuck inclined, so every single one is a huge story. One time we used the magic powers of everyone there to literally make Marvin the anxious android into a living breathing functioning person just because we needed another player to win the game
2021-01-27-FR-trade-theodericc-2-w-apparel.png _aaaaa
My name is Derek! he/him

vz4ED9D.png
_aaaaa 2021-01-27-FR-trade-theodericc-w-apparel-flipped.png
@Catkidemma

Had a Werewolf: the Apocalypse session where the whole pack infiltrated a convention by pretending to be a bunch of humans roleplaying as werewolves. Wolfception!
@Catkidemma

Had a Werewolf: the Apocalypse session where the whole pack infiltrated a convention by pretending to be a bunch of humans roleplaying as werewolves. Wolfception!
DC2.S?GmL-W-TPaPlSkfCbr|br-B-AFr--NpM-H+$-FoR+Ac+J--S--U--I-V?Q---Tc---E++Df+
In a Harry Potter 1-on-1 RP this person wanted me to roleplay like 30 different canon characters and they would RP ONLY their single OC. It was very interesting RPing as the bad guys, but when I asked them to RP some of the canon characters too they gave me excuses and stopped replying to the thread. Glad that ended.
In a Harry Potter 1-on-1 RP this person wanted me to roleplay like 30 different canon characters and they would RP ONLY their single OC. It was very interesting RPing as the bad guys, but when I asked them to RP some of the canon characters too they gave me excuses and stopped replying to the thread. Glad that ended.
light_small.png
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.

light_small.png
Had one RP where like 4 people wanted to "woohoo" with one of my OCs, and he doesn't even have many desirable traits.

I mean if a grumpy cannibal that smokes 20 packs a day is your thing, by all means, but it got really awkward when the RP turned into like 4 guys fighting to become his boyfriend.
Had one RP where like 4 people wanted to "woohoo" with one of my OCs, and he doesn't even have many desirable traits.

I mean if a grumpy cannibal that smokes 20 packs a day is your thing, by all means, but it got really awkward when the RP turned into like 4 guys fighting to become his boyfriend.
TpO8tYR.png912ee11232d0_kamikaze1.pngDgJuZtv.pngDmRdZYl.png
*cracks knuckles* Where to begin...

This RP started by a guy named Dan who played the characters of Daniel, Danielle, Daniella, Danil, evil Danil, and a couple non-obvious author inserts. Of note Daniel was basically Lelouch from Code Geass (brainwashing power and all) but was also a prince, had the ability to fly and was the host/reincarnation of an old God named Arcedaniel and could pretty much use any magic he wanted. You know, definitely a balanced character.

The RP was your standard fantasy fare but had literally no rules or indication of what was or wasn't allowed. So anything goes and everything can be shamelessly copied.

One character was L from Death Note, but was also a master swordsman. His character eventually morphed into Ulquiorra from Bleach, but at least his name was changed to something original.

There were a lot of Kingdom Hearts references. Heartless, Nobodies, and Card Knights were common. Bleach got popular during this time as well so several of our characters ended up being able to use Bankais and Ceros. The main villains, The Darkness Requiem, had a similar power structure to the Arrancars, though I'm not sure if that was intentional.

The RP started with a war between the moon kingdom, who were brainwashed by Evil Danil, and the other seven elemental kingdoms. Then in order to defeat the Darkness Requiem and Evil Danil, The Heroes (tm) had to travel to each elemental kingdom and claim a special elemental crystal (sometimes violently despite no indication that any of the kingdoms were hostile) so they could open a gate that would warp them to a different planet.

In the meantime, The Goodfeathers, the kid from Monster Party, the Poe Sisters from Ocarina of Time, and many others I'm sure I'm forgetting showed up, did nothing, and left.

At one point the elemental crystals turned into a girl. Because, you know, why not. One of the main villains, Xerizero, turned into a small fuzzy creature as his final form. I'm sure I'm forgetting many, many things that are equally silly.

Surprisingly the RP itself is still alive (technically on a hiatus) but we still use the setting and characters for stories and D&D games. ...The plot has gone through major revisions though, so nothing I just said is still considered canon.
*cracks knuckles* Where to begin...

This RP started by a guy named Dan who played the characters of Daniel, Danielle, Daniella, Danil, evil Danil, and a couple non-obvious author inserts. Of note Daniel was basically Lelouch from Code Geass (brainwashing power and all) but was also a prince, had the ability to fly and was the host/reincarnation of an old God named Arcedaniel and could pretty much use any magic he wanted. You know, definitely a balanced character.

The RP was your standard fantasy fare but had literally no rules or indication of what was or wasn't allowed. So anything goes and everything can be shamelessly copied.

One character was L from Death Note, but was also a master swordsman. His character eventually morphed into Ulquiorra from Bleach, but at least his name was changed to something original.

There were a lot of Kingdom Hearts references. Heartless, Nobodies, and Card Knights were common. Bleach got popular during this time as well so several of our characters ended up being able to use Bankais and Ceros. The main villains, The Darkness Requiem, had a similar power structure to the Arrancars, though I'm not sure if that was intentional.

The RP started with a war between the moon kingdom, who were brainwashed by Evil Danil, and the other seven elemental kingdoms. Then in order to defeat the Darkness Requiem and Evil Danil, The Heroes (tm) had to travel to each elemental kingdom and claim a special elemental crystal (sometimes violently despite no indication that any of the kingdoms were hostile) so they could open a gate that would warp them to a different planet.

In the meantime, The Goodfeathers, the kid from Monster Party, the Poe Sisters from Ocarina of Time, and many others I'm sure I'm forgetting showed up, did nothing, and left.

At one point the elemental crystals turned into a girl. Because, you know, why not. One of the main villains, Xerizero, turned into a small fuzzy creature as his final form. I'm sure I'm forgetting many, many things that are equally silly.

Surprisingly the RP itself is still alive (technically on a hiatus) but we still use the setting and characters for stories and D&D games. ...The plot has gone through major revisions though, so nothing I just said is still considered canon.
@Shikieiki I do not follow whatsoever but I can safely say that's the first Microscopic role-play I've ever heard of!

@herarivers Ah, homestuck... God do I hate homestuck. I mean, I love it, but.. man does it haunt my dreams. XD

@Strelok That sounds fantastic XD Your comment got the song "Werewolf bar mitzvah" stuck in my head, so uh.. thanks..?

@Charoula ..Sounds like a huge, self-important nimrod. They just wanted to be the star of the show to feel powerful, and have you play all the roles they didn't want. That's just dumb >:c

@Kamikazepilot ..ew. This is why I don't dip my toes in anything romantic when it comes to role-play. It qUIcKLY gets out of hand. And, people tend to want to wiggle eyebrows with role-play characters that are generally brutal and unfriendly because it's.. well, never mind. They'd never do it in real life, but they like using their imagination. Let's go with that. XD

@Pheonyx That is.. something. Firstly, yes, sounds like an uncharacteristically balanced character. I doubt I could ever write something so.. sophisticated. Secondly, I've never played kingdom hearts or watched bleach so I don't get the references cough

Thirdly, I want to ask... what kind of changes were made? Hopefully a lot. I mean, COUGH.

Either way though, as long as it was fun, it was a good enough role-play. :P

Uh.. um.. great, now I have to tell another story. Let's see.... OOH!

I had one where a rare amount of people had demons that shared a soul with them, and had personalities differing from theirs. Basically, the demon had great power and could temporarily take over the body if the host agreed. It was very strange and didn't make it that far due to multiple things, but I know quite a few people in that role-play want me to revamp it someday, now that I'm a lot better at GM'ing~
@Shikieiki I do not follow whatsoever but I can safely say that's the first Microscopic role-play I've ever heard of!

@herarivers Ah, homestuck... God do I hate homestuck. I mean, I love it, but.. man does it haunt my dreams. XD

@Strelok That sounds fantastic XD Your comment got the song "Werewolf bar mitzvah" stuck in my head, so uh.. thanks..?

@Charoula ..Sounds like a huge, self-important nimrod. They just wanted to be the star of the show to feel powerful, and have you play all the roles they didn't want. That's just dumb >:c

@Kamikazepilot ..ew. This is why I don't dip my toes in anything romantic when it comes to role-play. It qUIcKLY gets out of hand. And, people tend to want to wiggle eyebrows with role-play characters that are generally brutal and unfriendly because it's.. well, never mind. They'd never do it in real life, but they like using their imagination. Let's go with that. XD

@Pheonyx That is.. something. Firstly, yes, sounds like an uncharacteristically balanced character. I doubt I could ever write something so.. sophisticated. Secondly, I've never played kingdom hearts or watched bleach so I don't get the references cough

Thirdly, I want to ask... what kind of changes were made? Hopefully a lot. I mean, COUGH.

Either way though, as long as it was fun, it was a good enough role-play. :P

Uh.. um.. great, now I have to tell another story. Let's see.... OOH!

I had one where a rare amount of people had demons that shared a soul with them, and had personalities differing from theirs. Basically, the demon had great power and could temporarily take over the body if the host agreed. It was very strange and didn't make it that far due to multiple things, but I know quite a few people in that role-play want me to revamp it someday, now that I'm a lot better at GM'ing~
6e897396bef4ba340783395c69e8b357ba508d8d.png9bac13609835861cc38a8a4918812840797b72cf.png154d8e0196c967e5ea71cc8901b6792b11d3dd3a.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 11