Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | unpopular Harry Potter opinions
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[quote name="@Clutch" date="2018-09-15 09:04:06" ] [quote name="CrazyRedFire" date="2018-09-15 05:11:40" ] But just the thought of Voldy doing it with anyone is just UGH [/quote] Oh my God thats a thing? wtf? [/quote] Since technically The Cursed Child is Harry Potter canon (announced by J.K. herself) then yes it is a thing but personally I just like to pretend nothing from that play is canon. [Size=1] but trust me you're better off not knowing the details... [img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/576/883/efe.gif[/img]
@Clutch wrote on 2018-09-15 09:04:06:
CrazyRedFire wrote on 2018-09-15 05:11:40:
But just the thought of Voldy doing it with anyone is just UGH

Oh my God thats a thing? ***?

Since technically The Cursed Child is Harry Potter canon (announced by J.K. herself) then yes it is a thing but personally I just like to pretend nothing from that play is canon.

but trust me you're better off not knowing the details...
efe.gif
XriSV9h.gif
no offense to anyone but i dont really like the series in general. like it's inventive and all, it just doesnt interest me.
no offense to anyone but i dont really like the series in general. like it's inventive and all, it just doesnt interest me.
divider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.pngdivider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.png
[quote name="kiwis" date="2018-09-15 14:07:29" ] no offense to anyone but i dont really like the series in general. like it's inventive and all, it just doesnt interest me. [/quote] Hey there's nothing wrong with that :D fantasy isn't for everyone
kiwis wrote on 2018-09-15 14:07:29:

Hey there's nothing wrong with that :D fantasy isn't for everyone
XriSV9h.gif
- Snape didn't deserve Lilly but neither did James. Maybe if James had been a little bit more developed... now most of what we know is that he was a brat in school. No I don't trust what Sirius or Lupin say about him being a good guy. Rose-tinted glasses and all.

- I wish Harry himself would end up alone. I don't know why, but I don't think he's a perfect match from any of the female characters, even Luna as someone else mentioned. But then he wouldn't be able to butcher his kids' names, right?

- I don't like Marauders pairings. They way I see them, they are so close to each other, they could be brothers and just... ew.
- Snape didn't deserve Lilly but neither did James. Maybe if James had been a little bit more developed... now most of what we know is that he was a brat in school. No I don't trust what Sirius or Lupin say about him being a good guy. Rose-tinted glasses and all.

- I wish Harry himself would end up alone. I don't know why, but I don't think he's a perfect match from any of the female characters, even Luna as someone else mentioned. But then he wouldn't be able to butcher his kids' names, right?

- I don't like Marauders pairings. They way I see them, they are so close to each other, they could be brothers and just... ew.
light_small.png
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.

light_small.png
[quote name="Charoula" date="2018-09-15 14:33:27" ] - Snape didn't deserve Lilly but neither did James.... No I don't trust what Sirius or Lupin say about him being a good guy. Rose-tinted glasses and all. [/quote] I totally agree. Although, Snape's memories would be tinted too. James seemed like a prick to me. Maybe he grew more mature and kinder as he grew up. I also agree about Harry being in a relationship.
Charoula wrote on 2018-09-15 14:33:27:
- Snape didn't deserve Lilly but neither did James.... No I don't trust what Sirius or Lupin say about him being a good guy. Rose-tinted glasses and all.
I totally agree. Although, Snape's memories would be tinted too. James seemed like a ***** to me. Maybe he grew more mature and kinder as he grew up.

I also agree about Harry being in a relationship.

I'd rather being Voldemort's friend than Harry's friend
[quote name="Romantine" date="2018-09-15 16:26:07" ] I'd rather being Voldemort's friend than Harry's friend [/quote] Why?
Romantine wrote on 2018-09-15 16:26:07:
Why?
[quote name="SleepySmoothie" date="2018-09-11 19:25:04" ] Harry shouldn't have ended up with Ginny, he belonged with Luna. [/quote] This speaks to my soul.
SleepySmoothie wrote on 2018-09-11 19:25:04:
Harry shouldn't have ended up with Ginny, he belonged with Luna.
This speaks to my soul.
I feel that a lot of Harry Potter was really uneven and unplanned. Just... the further in the books you got, the less sense it made? And the more weird the characters were? We got used to them with their childhood behaviours but when they were older it didn't transition well, and by the end it was just messy.

Also, I really wish sometimes that one of the early plots for the first book remained, because I bet it would have been sick but nobody ever talks about it. I can't even find it right now, but there was a draft which had the Philosopher's stone coming from Harry's vault, and the Flamels long-dead - and there was this tense discussion between Harry, Ron and Hermione where they speculated how it might have gotten there.
I feel that a lot of Harry Potter was really uneven and unplanned. Just... the further in the books you got, the less sense it made? And the more weird the characters were? We got used to them with their childhood behaviours but when they were older it didn't transition well, and by the end it was just messy.

Also, I really wish sometimes that one of the early plots for the first book remained, because I bet it would have been sick but nobody ever talks about it. I can't even find it right now, but there was a draft which had the Philosopher's stone coming from Harry's vault, and the Flamels long-dead - and there was this tense discussion between Harry, Ron and Hermione where they speculated how it might have gotten there.
necbzO5.pngMpoIPJl.pngIV3xLn6.png9oWXBNn.pngHxJ7se6.pngXRLXA9U.pngJ3m9KOk.gif
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
Hufflepuff is the best house.
Hufflepuff is the best house.