Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Character deaths that killed you...
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
When I first thought Murtagh died in Eragon my heart shattered.

Logan, Professor X, and Caliban from Logan was one of the worst I've ever felt. I went home and wanted to just recap my favorite bit of Logan's and Professor X's backstory from X-Men: Days of Future Past , but couldn't watch it. I just couldn't.

Capa's death in Sunshine was bad, but he really did it, as Mace said to. So, even though he died, he still accomplished his goal. On the other hand, when Mace died, before the one above, I lost it. He hated Capa so much, enough to blame him for everyone's death and send him on a suicide trip, yet in his dying breath he was pleading for Capa to save everything. Save his family, save the Earth, save life. And once I realized that-- Let's just say, it was not okay.
When I first thought Murtagh died in Eragon my heart shattered.

Logan, Professor X, and Caliban from Logan was one of the worst I've ever felt. I went home and wanted to just recap my favorite bit of Logan's and Professor X's backstory from X-Men: Days of Future Past , but couldn't watch it. I just couldn't.

Capa's death in Sunshine was bad, but he really did it, as Mace said to. So, even though he died, he still accomplished his goal. On the other hand, when Mace died, before the one above, I lost it. He hated Capa so much, enough to blame him for everyone's death and send him on a suicide trip, yet in his dying breath he was pleading for Capa to save everything. Save his family, save the Earth, save life. And once I realized that-- Let's just say, it was not okay.
5159.pngoie-MMw-Romgf4h-RP.png7684.png
Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver in Avengers: Age of Ultron wrecked me. Unacceptable. This character's death is not acceptable. I do not accept it.

Pluto the hellhound from Black Butler season 1. Such a good pupper, and he was used for EVIL. Also unacceptable.

Literally everyone in Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter. So you saved the world from the darkness, and it turns out everything was a dream invented by a child who is in a coma because of a car accident. oops

Literally everyone from Les Misérables. Victor Hugo, thou art a cruel, cruel, man.

Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver in Avengers: Age of Ultron wrecked me. Unacceptable. This character's death is not acceptable. I do not accept it.

Pluto the hellhound from Black Butler season 1. Such a good pupper, and he was used for EVIL. Also unacceptable.

Literally everyone in Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter. So you saved the world from the darkness, and it turns out everything was a dream invented by a child who is in a coma because of a car accident. oops

Literally everyone from Les Misérables. Victor Hugo, thou art a cruel, cruel, man.

Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
Let's see...lots of character deaths have utterly ruined me because I'm a useless sack of emotions, but I'll try to pick a few out of the pack...

Prowl and Starscream from Transformers: Animated. I woke up early, before the rest of my family, to watch the final episodes without any distractions, and that's how I got repaid.

Morgan from The Dresden Files. I actually stopped reading the books after that. I was too sad...

Dr. Death-Defying and Cherri Cola from the True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys comics. Also Korse's boyfriend, that one hurt.

Ned Dornaget from NCIS. Such a sweetheart.

Old Dan and Little Ann from Where the Red Fern Grows. I was still in grade school when I read that book. It broke me for about a month.

Among many, many others that I can't recall right now. Or that I've repressed memories of because, again, I am a sensitive little fool and everything hurts me.
Let's see...lots of character deaths have utterly ruined me because I'm a useless sack of emotions, but I'll try to pick a few out of the pack...

Prowl and Starscream from Transformers: Animated. I woke up early, before the rest of my family, to watch the final episodes without any distractions, and that's how I got repaid.

Morgan from The Dresden Files. I actually stopped reading the books after that. I was too sad...

Dr. Death-Defying and Cherri Cola from the True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys comics. Also Korse's boyfriend, that one hurt.

Ned Dornaget from NCIS. Such a sweetheart.

Old Dan and Little Ann from Where the Red Fern Grows. I was still in grade school when I read that book. It broke me for about a month.

Among many, many others that I can't recall right now. Or that I've repressed memories of because, again, I am a sensitive little fool and everything hurts me.
A character in a book I can't remember.

I swear it was sad, ok?!
A character in a book I can't remember.

I swear it was sad, ok?!
Oh man almost forgot.

Nishitani Homare from Yakuza 0. I know he was horrible and he was a completely filthy sleaze, but he had a certain insanity to him that was catchy, and he served as the basis for Goro's crazy persona (despite that Goro is still a respectable guy compared to). He deserved a bit more screentime and a second fight.

And Nuka from TLK2. He made the movie for me and it was sad to see him go.
Oh man almost forgot.

Nishitani Homare from Yakuza 0. I know he was horrible and he was a completely filthy sleaze, but he had a certain insanity to him that was catchy, and he served as the basis for Goro's crazy persona (despite that Goro is still a respectable guy compared to). He deserved a bit more screentime and a second fight.

And Nuka from TLK2. He made the movie for me and it was sad to see him go.
TpO8tYR.png912ee11232d0_kamikaze1.pngDgJuZtv.pngDmRdZYl.png
Bobby Singer and Charlie from "Supernatural". I actually got emotional enough that I cried over those two. Jo, Ellen and Ash came close, but I was more angry than heartbroken there.

Chewbacca from the "Star Wars" Expanded Universe Legends stories. It was pretty fitting, though, since it took a planet blowing up to kill him, although his sacrifice was pretty much useless a short while later since the person he died to save ended up dead a few books down the line.

And then there was the ENTIRE FREAKIN' UNIVERSE in the old Ben 10 cartoons. Ben didn't save them after everything was destroyed, he just used his powers to recreate the universe, so technically everybody still died and Ben just carried on with copies he created. It became a point of a later story that he recreated the universe a little differently, proving that he didn't really save anyone. Pretty dark for a kid show.
Bobby Singer and Charlie from "Supernatural". I actually got emotional enough that I cried over those two. Jo, Ellen and Ash came close, but I was more angry than heartbroken there.

Chewbacca from the "Star Wars" Expanded Universe Legends stories. It was pretty fitting, though, since it took a planet blowing up to kill him, although his sacrifice was pretty much useless a short while later since the person he died to save ended up dead a few books down the line.

And then there was the ENTIRE FREAKIN' UNIVERSE in the old Ben 10 cartoons. Ben didn't save them after everything was destroyed, he just used his powers to recreate the universe, so technically everybody still died and Ben just carried on with copies he created. It became a point of a later story that he recreated the universe a little differently, proving that he didn't really save anyone. Pretty dark for a kid show.
Formerly known as Brenning.
Shade from the Silverwing series made me bawl my eyes out ok

Multiple deaths from the Warriors series haunt me to this day
Shade from the Silverwing series made me bawl my eyes out ok

Multiple deaths from the Warriors series haunt me to this day
pumpkin_kitties_by_hyraea-d4cw7hh.gif
Honestly everyone in Rogue One. Seeing that in theaters was a mistake because I honestly cried like the entire ending. You know it's gonna happen, but you kinda forget about it until it's too late and your soul is crushed.

Nearly anyone who can die in Mass Effect. Especially Mordin. His death was the most heart wrenching thing I have ever experienced in a game.

In Ori and the Blind Forest, Naru's death hit pretty hard. Really didn't expect to get my heart ripped out in the opening sequence. I was just stoked when Gumo brought her back to life. I really did not see that coming.
Honestly everyone in Rogue One. Seeing that in theaters was a mistake because I honestly cried like the entire ending. You know it's gonna happen, but you kinda forget about it until it's too late and your soul is crushed.

Nearly anyone who can die in Mass Effect. Especially Mordin. His death was the most heart wrenching thing I have ever experienced in a game.

In Ori and the Blind Forest, Naru's death hit pretty hard. Really didn't expect to get my heart ripped out in the opening sequence. I was just stoked when Gumo brought her back to life. I really did not see that coming.

she/her | they/them
FR +2 hours

____thDLJf3.png
Vax's death in the first Critical Role campaign. Hoo boy. Hoooooooooo boy. Especially since there was that stretch of time between when he died and when he DIED and everyone actually got to say their goodbyes and everyone was crying and it just WRECKED me. Also, Percy and Scanlan's deaths got me pretty good too, but their deaths weren't permanent so it wasn't quite the same.

Clara Oswald in Doctor Who got me pretty bad too. That couple of weeks between Face the Raven and Hell Bent were really, really rough for me. I wasn't really prepared to deal with that. She got the ending I kind of always wanted for her - she basically became the Doctor! - but the getting there was. Hard.

And I've been mad about Seth's death in Illusion of Gaia for over 20 years now and I probably always will be. IT'S SO UNFAIR.
Vax's death in the first Critical Role campaign. Hoo boy. Hoooooooooo boy. Especially since there was that stretch of time between when he died and when he DIED and everyone actually got to say their goodbyes and everyone was crying and it just WRECKED me. Also, Percy and Scanlan's deaths got me pretty good too, but their deaths weren't permanent so it wasn't quite the same.

Clara Oswald in Doctor Who got me pretty bad too. That couple of weeks between Face the Raven and Hell Bent were really, really rough for me. I wasn't really prepared to deal with that. She got the ending I kind of always wanted for her - she basically became the Doctor! - but the getting there was. Hard.

And I've been mad about Seth's death in Illusion of Gaia for over 20 years now and I probably always will be. IT'S SO UNFAIR.
no one you look up to is better than you are
Did you mean every one in ndrv3? Except Kiyo and Tsumugi they deserved worse. MUCH worse.
Did you mean every one in ndrv3? Except Kiyo and Tsumugi they deserved worse. MUCH worse.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14