Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Things you love that nobody's heard of..
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 62 63
SCP in general. It’s not that it’s unpopular; it actually has a really big fandom, it’s just that we never gather in the same place. And if we do I’m not there >:/
SCP in general. It’s not that it’s unpopular; it actually has a really big fandom, it’s just that we never gather in the same place. And if we do I’m not there >:/
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o3_75sq.gif
「 Social Anxiety 」
「 Any pronouns 」
「 Wishlist 」
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o4_75sq.gif ligneus_cuon.png
I Am In Eskew. It's an EXTREMELY good horror podcast about a guy trapped in a city that's alive and actively malevolent, as well as the paranormal investigator trying to get him out. It's also a metaphor for both how capitalism and modern society cause us to detach ourselves from our sense of empathy and care for others, and the experience of being mentally ill. It's the sort of thing people write two hour long video essays about, but it's relatively unpopular. I kind of like that it doesn't have a huge fanbase to be weird and gross about it, but on the other hand, it deserves SO much more attention than it's currently getting.

I feel the same way about The Silt Verses, another horror podcast by the same creators, but it's only getting started so I don't feel quite as strongly about it.
I Am In Eskew. It's an EXTREMELY good horror podcast about a guy trapped in a city that's alive and actively malevolent, as well as the paranormal investigator trying to get him out. It's also a metaphor for both how capitalism and modern society cause us to detach ourselves from our sense of empathy and care for others, and the experience of being mentally ill. It's the sort of thing people write two hour long video essays about, but it's relatively unpopular. I kind of like that it doesn't have a huge fanbase to be weird and gross about it, but on the other hand, it deserves SO much more attention than it's currently getting.

I feel the same way about The Silt Verses, another horror podcast by the same creators, but it's only getting started so I don't feel quite as strongly about it.
143973s64ei05ghw.gif
1294430j4ozkwci0p.gif
487019ciadv6xfmv.gif
892701w3ywmqn4c6.gif
they/them, 21
ninbinarycatcher.png
Finfin on Teo the Magic Planet and the classic Petz games are some of my favorite obscure video games. [emoji=tundra happy size=2] I also love Spore, and I used to love playing Shidonni when it was still around! In Shidonni you could draw your own pets and play with them, feed them, play minigames, go to different planets and see others' pets, etc. Sadly it's gone now, and there's no revival as of yet. [emoji=tundra sad size=2]
Finfin on Teo the Magic Planet and the classic Petz games are some of my favorite obscure video games. I also love Spore, and I used to love playing Shidonni when it was still around! In Shidonni you could draw your own pets and play with them, feed them, play minigames, go to different planets and see others' pets, etc. Sadly it's gone now, and there's no revival as of yet.
hVHlIic.png "Another donut! Extra sprinkles!" - Spike, The Best Night Ever (My Little Pony Season 1, Episode 26)
She/Her/Any - Loves:
[emoji=star size=1]PROJECT: MUSE! AH IT'S MY TIME TO SHINE It's a mobile rhythm game. The aesthetic is very pleasing to look at, and the devs definitely wouldnt mind some support.. o3o The game has to offer some waifus too.. [emoji=star size=1]Pokémon Uranium is luckily getting more and more recognition. But I can still only recommend! The story is really good, I absolutely love the OST, and the pokemon designs aren't lacking either! [i](dunsparce has an evolution!!)[/i] [emoji=star size=1]The 'hardcore' music genre, and it's subgenres (happy/uk hardcore, drum n bass, breakcore, hands-up, speedcore, etc etc). If you're into faster and harder beats, but can't find anything worthy, I recommend searching it up! [i]It's similar/almost like NOMA's Brain Power.. To compare it to something[/i] Some artist you should check out are the infamous S3RL, Lapfox Trax/Halley Labs, t+pazolite, Gammer, Scott Brown, and some 90s oldies too. Channels with similar music types are Ubercrow, Desuvi Music, Cider Party, Ponies at Dawn, CLuBLioNX, Hands Up Anime, and SamickX. If you maybe prefer it slower, the Italobrothers and Basshunter are also a good option. oh i may have wrote too much.. but it's really worth checking out! ^^<33
PROJECT: MUSE! AH IT'S MY TIME TO SHINE
It's a mobile rhythm game. The aesthetic is very pleasing to look at, and the devs definitely wouldnt mind some support.. o3o
The game has to offer some waifus too..

Pokémon Uranium is luckily getting more and more recognition. But I can still only recommend! The story is really good, I absolutely love the OST, and the pokemon designs aren't lacking either! (dunsparce has an evolution!!)

The 'hardcore' music genre, and it's subgenres (happy/uk hardcore, drum n bass, breakcore, hands-up, speedcore, etc etc).
If you're into faster and harder beats, but can't find anything worthy, I recommend searching it up! It's similar/almost like NOMA's Brain Power.. To compare it to something

Some artist you should check out are the infamous S3RL, Lapfox Trax/Halley Labs, t+pazolite, Gammer, Scott Brown, and some 90s oldies too. Channels with similar music types are Ubercrow, Desuvi Music, Cider Party, Ponies at Dawn, CLuBLioNX, Hands Up Anime, and SamickX.
If you maybe prefer it slower, the Italobrothers and Basshunter are also a good option.

oh i may have wrote too much..
but it's really worth checking out! ^^<33
oYuEPZ2.pngPE8KYEr.pngMTtORbV.pngybQJlHz.pngu9KXIA8.pngGoVqS9e.png25JQOyr.pnge7NCmti.pngSjV5FiU.pngdEe2UrM.pngMUYNhfy.png
Y8kS5FU.png
Time Squad is one thing that's really nostalgic to me lmao

OH and mysims for the Nintendo DS!!! I didn't grow up with animal crossing I grew up with THAT
Time Squad is one thing that's really nostalgic to me lmao

OH and mysims for the Nintendo DS!!! I didn't grow up with animal crossing I grew up with THAT
/// Kacper/Prince
/// 23 + He/Xe
/// Please don't use tone indicators for me!
/// ART SHOP
neo_pixel.png
i love journey BUT NOT AS MUCH AS I LOVE SPORE??? finally someone with Taste ;w;

also i have various musical artists that ppl always go "huh?" abt and im just like "you are seriously missing out i-"
-madeon
-aly & aj
-snail's house
-surfaces

games
-spiral knights
-spore (of course)
-groove coaster

and a series of unfortunate events needs more attention it's just [chef's kiss]
i love journey BUT NOT AS MUCH AS I LOVE SPORE??? finally someone with Taste ;w;

also i have various musical artists that ppl always go "huh?" abt and im just like "you are seriously missing out i-"
-madeon
-aly & aj
-snail's house
-surfaces

games
-spiral knights
-spore (of course)
-groove coaster

and a series of unfortunate events needs more attention it's just [chef's kiss]
tumblr-ngc4ax4-Hf-X1s35i1to1-500.gif
moon.pngArisa|She/They/Fleur/Lune/Fae|'97sakura.png
imageedit-1-9474809811.png
Pili and Thunderbolt fantasy are criminally unknown in the west, I 100% suggest checking these series out if you like the wuxia genre

Rain world is an amazing game that more people need to play, though admittedly it is sort of a game for masochists so keep that in mind if you want to play it, it's not exactly a rage game, but it is actually hard

Skautfold is a fun 2d soulslike with some great music, not much more need be said, other than go play it if you like bloodborne or dark souls

Also the Len'en series is pretty good! I recommend it if you like Touhou as it's a series inspired by that, the music is also really good
Pili and Thunderbolt fantasy are criminally unknown in the west, I 100% suggest checking these series out if you like the wuxia genre

Rain world is an amazing game that more people need to play, though admittedly it is sort of a game for masochists so keep that in mind if you want to play it, it's not exactly a rage game, but it is actually hard

Skautfold is a fun 2d soulslike with some great music, not much more need be said, other than go play it if you like bloodborne or dark souls

Also the Len'en series is pretty good! I recommend it if you like Touhou as it's a series inspired by that, the music is also really good
ShlmoT6.png
Hey ya, my name is O'hare, and I like dragons, I play reference games a lot; I have fandragons in my Pili fandragons, and media archives tabs, if ya can, try to choose someone with a lower count. It's okay to pick from my hibden for forum games
-Illusion of Gaia (or Illusion of Time, for the EU crowd), an old SNES game made by Enix before they merged with Square. It was part of a loosely connected series but the other games never got localized, at least not in the US - I think some of them made it to the EU though. It was the first RPG I ever played and it gets completely overshadowed by other, more well-known SNES RPGs like Earthbound and Chrono Trigger. (Which are great games, but so is IoG!)

-Blaseball, a cosmic horror baseball simulator. It does have a fairly dedicated fanbase (including several bands and a musical), but outside of the fanbase almost no one has heard of it. It's been my hyperfixation since I found out about it last August, lol. (Go Garages!) It can be a LOT to get into, to be fair; each season is a week long (with a current schedule of 3 weeks on, 2 weeks off), with new mechanics and plot points introduced every season. There's 24 teams, most with 19 seasons worth of lore - blaseball is very barebones, with events conveyed through text, and every player is just a name and some statistics - but the fandom gives life to each character, and the only canon is what appears on the blaseball website. Players get incinerated, or get swapped mid-game, or chomped by consumers, and one season the finals turned into a JRPG style boss battle against an omnipotent peanut god (the next season, a team of dead all-stars was led against the peanut by a giant squid known as the Monitor). My team necromanced our former pitcher, the first character ever to die, through some slight exploitation of game mechanics (all completely legal, if not what was directly intended) and then she started beaning people with pitches, leading to an event known as "Ruby Tuesday" when several players were incinerated over the course of two games (turned out that getting hit with a pitch gave a status condition that made incineration WAY more likely - we did not know this until Ruby Tuesday). At the end of last season a dead player, with a modification that made them potentially wander to a new team at the end of a season, WANDERED OUT OF DEATH and onto a new team. We didn't know they could do that. It's wild and fun and overwhelming and sort of an "oral roguelike" and anyone who comes asking questions will find a very helpful, excitable community ready to regale them with seasons worth of stories. It's the most fun I've had in ages.

-The Rivers of London series by Ben Aaronovitch. I usually pitch it to people as Harry Potter meets Brooklyn Nine-Nine but I feel like I'm going to have to rethink that pitch as I don't really want to compare anything I actually want people to like to HP anymore. :/ It's basically magical police procedurals set in and around London. The author wrote for Doctor Who back in the 80s and the main character of the series is a huge nerd who I would die for. It's a little more well-known in the British Isles, I think (I learned about it from an Irish friend of mine) but the only people I know stateside who have heard of it are people I introduced to it. Although, I did find the most recent book sitting in a Fred Meyer in my tiny college town, which was absolutely wild to me - I have a hard time even finding it in actual bookstores, and there it was just sitting alongside big name fantasy series! So hopefully it's finally starting to gain traction here.
-Illusion of Gaia (or Illusion of Time, for the EU crowd), an old SNES game made by Enix before they merged with Square. It was part of a loosely connected series but the other games never got localized, at least not in the US - I think some of them made it to the EU though. It was the first RPG I ever played and it gets completely overshadowed by other, more well-known SNES RPGs like Earthbound and Chrono Trigger. (Which are great games, but so is IoG!)

-Blaseball, a cosmic horror baseball simulator. It does have a fairly dedicated fanbase (including several bands and a musical), but outside of the fanbase almost no one has heard of it. It's been my hyperfixation since I found out about it last August, lol. (Go Garages!) It can be a LOT to get into, to be fair; each season is a week long (with a current schedule of 3 weeks on, 2 weeks off), with new mechanics and plot points introduced every season. There's 24 teams, most with 19 seasons worth of lore - blaseball is very barebones, with events conveyed through text, and every player is just a name and some statistics - but the fandom gives life to each character, and the only canon is what appears on the blaseball website. Players get incinerated, or get swapped mid-game, or chomped by consumers, and one season the finals turned into a JRPG style boss battle against an omnipotent peanut god (the next season, a team of dead all-stars was led against the peanut by a giant squid known as the Monitor). My team necromanced our former pitcher, the first character ever to die, through some slight exploitation of game mechanics (all completely legal, if not what was directly intended) and then she started beaning people with pitches, leading to an event known as "Ruby Tuesday" when several players were incinerated over the course of two games (turned out that getting hit with a pitch gave a status condition that made incineration WAY more likely - we did not know this until Ruby Tuesday). At the end of last season a dead player, with a modification that made them potentially wander to a new team at the end of a season, WANDERED OUT OF DEATH and onto a new team. We didn't know they could do that. It's wild and fun and overwhelming and sort of an "oral roguelike" and anyone who comes asking questions will find a very helpful, excitable community ready to regale them with seasons worth of stories. It's the most fun I've had in ages.

-The Rivers of London series by Ben Aaronovitch. I usually pitch it to people as Harry Potter meets Brooklyn Nine-Nine but I feel like I'm going to have to rethink that pitch as I don't really want to compare anything I actually want people to like to HP anymore. :/ It's basically magical police procedurals set in and around London. The author wrote for Doctor Who back in the 80s and the main character of the series is a huge nerd who I would die for. It's a little more well-known in the British Isles, I think (I learned about it from an Irish friend of mine) but the only people I know stateside who have heard of it are people I introduced to it. Although, I did find the most recent book sitting in a Fred Meyer in my tiny college town, which was absolutely wild to me - I have a hard time even finding it in actual bookstores, and there it was just sitting alongside big name fantasy series! So hopefully it's finally starting to gain traction here.
no one you look up to is better than you are
  • The WondLa book trilogy is has such a small fan-base that we constantly joke about it. However, it is getting an animated series adaptation soon! A down-to-earth science fiction story about family with beautiful two-color illustrations in every chapter. Meant for middle grade readers, but quality of the story still holds up for me after nearly a decade.
  • The show Final Space is extremely underrated, and there really isn't anything else like it on tv. It's an animated space opera for adults, with pretty much equal parts drama and comedy, with gorgeous animation to boot. Perfect for those who love shows like Gravity Falls and Steven Universe but have outgrown their target demographic.
  • Tattered World (aka Tattered Weave during beta) is my other favorite browser-based pet sim, and it's very different from Flight Rising. It centers around raising your magical animal companion (called a Kith), bonding with NPCs, and uncovering lore about the worlds there are to discover. There are lots of other activities to do too like crafting and collecting items, playing mini-games, and the new battle feature. There's a lot of great representation in the game too: NPCs of color, LGBT+ NPCs, neurodiverse NPCs, handicapped NPCs...
  • The WondLa book trilogy is has such a small fan-base that we constantly joke about it. However, it is getting an animated series adaptation soon! A down-to-earth science fiction story about family with beautiful two-color illustrations in every chapter. Meant for middle grade readers, but quality of the story still holds up for me after nearly a decade.
  • The show Final Space is extremely underrated, and there really isn't anything else like it on tv. It's an animated space opera for adults, with pretty much equal parts drama and comedy, with gorgeous animation to boot. Perfect for those who love shows like Gravity Falls and Steven Universe but have outgrown their target demographic.
  • Tattered World (aka Tattered Weave during beta) is my other favorite browser-based pet sim, and it's very different from Flight Rising. It centers around raising your magical animal companion (called a Kith), bonding with NPCs, and uncovering lore about the worlds there are to discover. There are lots of other activities to do too like crafting and collecting items, playing mini-games, and the new battle feature. There's a lot of great representation in the game too: NPCs of color, LGBT+ NPCs, neurodiverse NPCs, handicapped NPCs...
11667.png xGRdLfg.jpg ws14300rd_thumbnail.jpg m96yKLz.jpg 32990.png
KOLACHES!

Kolaches are a breakfast item which consist of bread (often filled with some cheese) and a sausage located in the middle. From what I have seen, the sausage can be replaced with ham, and jalapenos may also be inserted into the bread for a bit of spice.

It's very popular in Texas and whenever I mention them to my online friends, I often leave them confused or have them compare a kolache to a pig in a blanket. They're different!
KOLACHES!

Kolaches are a breakfast item which consist of bread (often filled with some cheese) and a sausage located in the middle. From what I have seen, the sausage can be replaced with ham, and jalapenos may also be inserted into the bread for a bit of spice.

It's very popular in Texas and whenever I mention them to my online friends, I often leave them confused or have them compare a kolache to a pig in a blanket. They're different!
Blank.pngInfo_bar.png
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 62 63